Damn Walmart!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=51303

tjwor

11-01-2007 21:32:37

So i won $800 in a poker tourny tonight so I decided i could go buy the PSP i've been wanting for track buses, so I go to walmart and get the PSP and a game, i bring it to my dorm, and it is an open PSP, The PSP is sitting in the box on top of the power cord and instruction manuals, none of its standard packaging or anything, i'm thinkin, if i'm gonna spend $200 on a gaming system like this, then i better be getting a brand new one so i decided to take it back to walmart to trade it in... So I head back to walmart and they won't exchange items over $50 at night, so i'm stuck with it and we leave for track tomorrow morning at 8!

GRRRR, i'm pissed off right now, so i think i'll use it this weekend and then take it back on sunday for a new one...

Sorry, i just had to rant about it a little bit...

doylnea

11-01-2007 21:34:31

Nothing against you, but I have to LOL.

How many times have users here advocated returning broken, used or otherwise POS stuff to walmart for a full exchange?

This is what happens when you fraud WalMart folks, TJ gets screwed; that or Target, and then you lose your job...

http//www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1172159,00.html

Daggoth

11-01-2007 21:41:16

[quote9e3f6ae557="doylnea"]Nothing against you, but I have to LOL.

How many times have users here advocated returning broken, used or otherwise POS stuff to walmart for a full exchange?

This is what happens when you fraud WalMart folks, TJ gets screwed; that or Target, and then you lose your job...

http//www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1172159,00.html[/quote9e3f6ae557]

I see the resemblence in what you're talking about, but I read the article, and what that guy was doing was theft, not returning legitmatly bought items for a refund. If you got a messed up console, would you rather return it to the store you bought it from or go through an at least two week RMA process?

Killer722

11-01-2007 21:49:01

Wow that guy stole stuff worth as little as $2.50.

doylnea

11-01-2007 21:49:16

[quote0cdd9a3443="Daggoth"][quote0cdd9a3443="doylnea"]Nothing against you, but I have to LOL.

http//www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1172159,00.html[/quote0cdd9a3443]

I see the resemblence in what you're talking about, but I read the article, and what that guy was doing was theft, not returning legitmatly bought items for a refund. If you got a messed up console, would you rather return it to the store you bought it from or go through an at least two week RMA process?[/quote0cdd9a3443]

in simple terms, TJ got screwed. I believe he got screwed because someone returned something to WalMart because of their liberal return policy. Target has a similar return policy, and douchebag Allen tried to work it to his advantage.

Daggoth

11-01-2007 21:54:35

[quote7608a17156="doylnea"][quote7608a17156="Daggoth"][quote7608a17156="doylnea"]Nothing against you, but I have to LOL.

http//www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1172159,00.html[/quote7608a17156]

I see the resemblence in what you're talking about, but I read the article, and what that guy was doing was theft, not returning legitmatly bought items for a refund. If you got a messed up console, would you rather return it to the store you bought it from or go through an at least two week RMA process?[/quote7608a17156]

in simple terms, TJ got screwed. I believe he got screwed because someone returned something to WalMart because of their liberal return policy. Target has a similar return policy, and douchebag Allen tried to work it to his advantage.[/quote7608a17156]

I might have misundestood you, but I though you were saying that tjwor mgiht end up like Allen if he "frauded."

doylnea

11-01-2007 21:57:48

[quote28a63fbc26="Daggoth"][quote28a63fbc26="doylnea"][quote28a63fbc26="Daggoth"][quote28a63fbc26="doylnea"]Nothing against you, but I have to LOL.

http//www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1172159,00.html[/quote28a63fbc26]

I see the resemblence in what you're talking about, but I read the article, and what that guy was doing was theft, not returning legitmatly bought items for a refund. If you got a messed up console, would you rather return it to the store you bought it from or go through an at least two week RMA process?[/quote28a63fbc26]

in simple terms, TJ got screwed. I believe he got screwed because someone returned something to WalMart because of their liberal return policy. Target has a similar return policy, and douchebag Allen tried to work it to his advantage.[/quote28a63fbc26]

I might have misundestood you, but I though you were saying that tjwor mgiht end up like Allen if he "frauded."[/quote28a63fbc26]

no, not at all. It sounds like TJ got scewed if he bought something that was supposed to be new, and it turned out to be used. I was saying the reason he got screwed was because, in general WalMart lets you return anything, so long as you have the box.

Wolfeman

11-01-2007 22:22:48

Walmart is lame in general...

nusqax

11-01-2007 22:29:17

yo you still have time. just buy another one, use that for track, then return the other one after you get back. simple.

Killer722

12-01-2007 00:23:43

I was just at walmart for the first time in a while. It's soooo hard to find what you need. Wouldn't have gone if I didn't have a giftcard.

Wolfeman

12-01-2007 00:28:58

Target > Walmart

KeithA

12-01-2007 01:15:23

[quote427555f81f="Wolfeman"]Target > Walmart[/quote427555f81f]

It's 4am, and I have been awake for about 13 hours working on an article making essentially that point. -/

theysayjump

12-01-2007 01:19:53

[quoteed9da5a69d="Wolfeman"]Target > Walmart[/quoteed9da5a69d]

Agreed.

Not only is their company policy better than Wal-Mart's (which wouldn't be difficult), but they give about $2 Million a week to charity, they offer good products, stylish products at a good price, good customer service and their TV adverts are pretty fucking sweet.

topbillin1

12-01-2007 04:45:05

Walmart has the cheapest prices period but I will agreed that target it better....

Tholek

12-01-2007 05:12:51

I've never been to a Walmart, but Target's return policy isn't that liberal. I've had problems there with them doing returns, honoring rain checks, and them being unwilling to accept their own coupons. They're far from perfect.

jadem

12-01-2007 06:02:22

I think having a lenient return policy is a good thing for many reasons, but can see how people can exploit it. For example...

Brandon and I received a 10 piece corning ware set from his aunt for the wedding. Now, it was purchased in April, but I didn't get it until August, way after their 30-day policy. We received a 16 piece set the same day (my first wedding shower). We had the gift receipt for both, but decided to return the 10 piece and keep the 16.

They (Walmart) only took it back because 1) It had NEVER been opened and 2) they still carried it in their inventory. I would hate to have been "stuck" with something, and not have anywhere to put it.

Like the large dish ware set my MOH gave us......( Can't return it, but have no place to put it, boxed or unboxed. lisighli

Tholek

12-01-2007 06:20:01

I don't see a problem with what you did. They are going to turn around and sell it again. They're not really taking a loss as it's new.

I used to get a lot of books as gifts. However, it was always books from people who wanted me to "convert me" to the kind of stuff they read. I could've regifted, gave to the goodwill, or sold it to a used bookshop, but I still wanted to read, so I'd just take it to B&N and get store credit. I'd do that a lot. It got nicer when they added cafe's and music/electronics sections too. I never got cash, if I did, I'd have used it in store anyhow. I'd feel I'd really be taking advantage of the situation if I just did it to line my pockets.

Wolfeman

12-01-2007 09:56:19

[quote17dda7cfd7="topbillin1"]Walmart has the cheapest prices period but I will agreed that target it better....[/quote17dda7cfd7]
Walmart is the cheapest but they stay that way by screwing over their employees and going into small towns and ruining their economies...