Tostito's BCS ChampionShip Game

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=51055

Aurelius

08-01-2007 19:47:02

Anyone else watching the game right now? Really didn't think OSU would get it's ass handed to it like this. Second half looks like it's' starting out in OSU's favor though so who knows... I'd like to see Michigan v. Florida now. )

TryinToGetPaid

08-01-2007 19:49:30

Hm, I glad I made a topic about this....but yeah. The SEC is a dominating force, I expected this game to be exactly like it has turned out to be.

Aurelius

08-01-2007 19:53:32

Oy... Didn't see your thread at first when I cliecked "new topic" but I was typing pretty slow while I watched Troy Smith blow hard. wink

TryinToGetPaid

08-01-2007 19:54:23

Yeah, they way Ohio State is playing, LSU could have put a massive whooping on them. They are really missing Ted Ginn Jr though....

Aurelius

08-01-2007 20:38:03

Well I think I can turn off the TV now... This one is totally 100% over. And if it's not and OSU comes back to win then I"ll kick myself about it for days to come.

ILoveToys

08-01-2007 20:45:29

I still want to see playoffs. I hate the BCS.

tylerc

08-01-2007 20:46:13

[quote1827c41f2c="ILoveToys"]I still want to see playoffs. I hate the BCS.[/quote1827c41f2c]

Michigan lost the Rose Bowl.

ILoveToys

08-01-2007 20:50:53

[quote366efdce2d="tylerc"][quote366efdce2d="ILoveToys"]I still want to see playoffs. I hate the BCS.[/quote366efdce2d]

Michigan lost the Rose Bowl.[/quote366efdce2d]

Thanks captain obvious (aka jackass) That really has nothing to do w/ my statement though. This wasn't the first year the BCS has been a problem, and it won't be the last. A playoff would be a much better solution.

tylerc

08-01-2007 20:51:58

[quotea87648c009="ILoveToys"][quotea87648c009="tylerc"][quotea87648c009="ILoveToys"]I still want to see playoffs. I hate the BCS.[/quotea87648c009]

Michigan lost the Rose Bowl.[/quotea87648c009]

Thanks captain obvious (aka jackass) That really has nothing to do w/ my statement though. This wasn't the first year the BCS has been a problem, and it won't be the last.[/quotea87648c009]

Never said it wasn't a problem. All of the UM fans were complaining about the BCS and how they should be playing OSU but they lost to USC. That's what I was trying to say, so I don't really know why you called me a jackass.

ILoveToys

08-01-2007 20:58:43

I can't argue w/ how things came out, but I don't think the BCS got the best team in the nation this year. That's all I was saying.

Aurelius

08-01-2007 20:59:28

liConfettili

I love those newspapers getting passed out right now to the Florida papers. Not to be a dick but I think at least a couple of those players can't read and I find that hilarious for some reason.

tylerc

08-01-2007 21:04:59

[quote7477a9ed5e="ILoveToys"]I can't argue w/ how things came out, but I don't think the BCS got the best team in the nation this year. That's all I was saying.[/quote7477a9ed5e]

I agree, I think it should have been LSU-OSU

BlueX

09-01-2007 01:54:25

Uh, pardon me, I didn't hear anyone say it should have been USC vs. Ohio State?

LSU? Honestly? They are no first-place team like USC.

USC would have beat Florida and would have stomped Ohio State (with or without Ginn Jr).

Pac 10 owns.

TryinToGetPaid

09-01-2007 06:32:54

LOL. Pac 10 owns...

USC - LOST to Oregon State AND UCLA......
California - Horrible
Oregon State - Horrible
UCLA - Horrible
Oregon - Horrible
Arizona State - Horrible
Arizona - Horrible
Washington State - Horrible
Washington - Horrible
Stanford - Horrible

The SEC
EAST CONF.
Florida- National Champ
Tennessee- Up and coming
Georgia- Horrible
Kentucky- Horrible
South Carolina- Up and coming
Vanderbilt- The poop
WEST CONF.
Arkansas- McFadden will be Heisman next year, they need a QB
Auburn- Decent
LSU- No comment
Alabama- Horrible but next year will turn around
Mississippi- Horrible
Mississippi State- Horrible

USC plays NO ONE all year, and wins one game and they are the best. But yet they lose to TWO NON-RANKED teams and still are in the Top 5? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

LSU would POUNCE ALL OVER USC. DESTROY them. Jamarrcus would of had a FIELD DAY against that secondary and Dwayne Jarrett would not have caught ANYTHING with Zenon all over him. You must be one of those fans who watches no other college football games BUT USC....

DRay9911

09-01-2007 07:01:57

wow - i NEVER would have guessed you were from Louisiana (have you ever seen a non-SEC game?).

it sounds like you're still a little hyped over over LSUs home win over ND. don't read too much into that, I could have found 10 co-workers (7 of them women) and we could have rolled over ND.

+kma for your [i1e708aa78f]impartial[/i1e708aa78f] analysis

-dan

CougarKid

09-01-2007 08:34:49

So USC's thrashing of the Razorbacks in the first game of the season should also mean something according to your analysis no?

You can't know who's going to beat who until they play them.

TryinToGetPaid

09-01-2007 09:21:29

The Razorbacks are a one man team. McFadden carries that team, he even goes into Quarterback postitions AS WELL as Running back. They have no balance. They either A) Hand it off to McFadden or B) Snap it to McFadden. That is it. Being one dimensional throughout an entire game is hard enough, but they pulled out some wins doing it. If Arkansas gets a quarterback who can throw, and open up the pass game, Arkansas will be a dangerous team.

And to DRay - I watch all conference football. I love football. Saturday and Sunday is all football all the time. I even got my girlfriend to love football, it started out with "Guess the mascots of the teams" and now she knows players, posistions, penalties, and who should beat who. And why would I be hyped over the LSU win? They played ND a team who did not deserve to be in the BCS game to begin with. Everyone knew it was going to be a pounding, and it was. And yes, you and your co-workers could have beaten both ND and Ohio State.

The best quote is from Florida defensive end Jarvis Moss said. "Honestly, we've played a lot better teams than them," "I could name four or five teams in the SEC that could probably compete with them and play the same type of game we did against them." But of course when I say it, it is all Hoop-Lah because I did not actually PLAY the game..... gimme a break.....

tylerc

09-01-2007 15:13:37

I'm not an OSU, UM, LSU, ND, or any other fan of teams in any of the bowl games (IU fan), but I'm just going to say that IF the Big 10 played a conference championship game and IF they hadn't had almost 8 weeks off, that would have been a completely different game.

TryinToGetPaid

09-01-2007 15:26:52

Yeah, just another reason to have playoffs. The BCS is looking into a mini playoff with 4 - 6 teams but wouldn't be implemented until 2010.

Powerbook

09-01-2007 15:28:06

Yeah, I mean ever heard of an off game or a bad day? OSU could have done much better. Florida is way too arrogant, and I hope that next year they will be killed when they play. ND isn't all that bad, granted I am an ND fan. There are many teams whom are much worse. ND has some good recruits next year. What they really need is some secondary. If they can get some, then ND could have a very good football team in a couple years.

Aurelius

09-01-2007 17:25:45

I'm personally a Pac10 guy myself and while I think that Cal isn't that bad of a team, I do agree that the SEC is probably better than the Pac10. At the same time though, you can't go and call all the teams in the Pac10 horrible if you've don't that many of our conference games. I could go through the Pac10 list and change some of your "Horribles" too. At least put some effort into because you're definately going to get some opposition if you say the Whole conference sucks.

BlueX

10-01-2007 12:55:11

[quotefa5c86640f="TryinToGetPaid"]LOL. Pac 10 owns...

USC - LOST to Oregon State AND UCLA......
[bfa5c86640f]Understandable, not terrible..[/bfa5c86640f]
California - Horrible
[bfa5c86640f]Horrible? Uh, was ranked #8 and beat Oregon.. Killed Texas A&M in Holiday Bowl (who beat Texas).. therefore, Cal>Texas. Texas beat OK and IOWA... Still think Cal is a top 10 team[/bfa5c86640f]
Oregon State - Horrible
[bfa5c86640f]Beat USC[/bfa5c86640f]
UCLA - Horrible
[bfa5c86640f]Not a bad football program, on it's hindlegs[/bfa5c86640f]
Oregon - Horrible
[bfa5c86640f]Lost to Cal in an upset, disappointing in the bowl.. start of the season were ranked #12.. have some top 20 potential for next year[/bfa5c86640f]
Arizona State - Horrible
Arizona - Horrible
Washington State - Horrible
Washington - Horrible
[bfa5c86640f]Not horrible, almost beat USC and Cal.. puts up a solid fight.[/bfa5c86640f]
Stanford - Horrible

The SEC
EAST CONF.
Florida- National Champ
[bfa5c86640f]But still lost to Flo State[/bfa5c86640f]
Tennessee- Up and coming
[bfa5c86640f]How about not, Cal is better than them at the end of the season[/bfa5c86640f]
Georgia- Horrible
Kentucky- Horrible
South Carolina- Up and coming
[bfa5c86640f]Uh, what?[/bfa5c86640f]
Vanderbilt- The poop
WEST CONF.
Arkansas- McFadden will be Heisman next year, they need a QB
Auburn- Decent
[bfa5c86640f]Thinking about Heisman already? Better knock on wood.[/bfa5c86640f]
LSU- No comment
[bfa5c86640f]No comment? Good football program, not as good as USC or Cal[/bfa5c86640f]
Alabama- Horrible but next year will turn around
Mississippi- Horrible
Mississippi State- Horrible

USC plays NO ONE all year, and wins one game and they are the best. But yet they lose to TWO NON-RANKED teams and still are in the Top 5? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
[bfa5c86640f]USC owned Michigan. Enough said. All of the "overrated" crap USC got was put to a halt when they beat Mich. USC beat Cal in a decent victory (when Cal was ranked in top 10). UCLA and USC is a huge rivalry. That was an understandable loss and a lot of people actually so that one coming. The loss to OSU was terrible, I agree, but once again, the victory over Cal and Michigan proves they aren't overrated and worthy of 3rd place in BSC.[/bfa5c86640f]

LSU would POUNCE ALL OVER USC. DESTROY them. Jamarrcus would of had a FIELD DAY against that secondary and Dwayne Jarrett would not have caught ANYTHING with Zenon all over him. You must be one of those fans who watches no other college football games BUT USC....
[bfa5c86640f]Because they beat ND? lol!? ND blows. Brady Quinn is all they had and now he's gone! LSU is a great football program, but I doubt they'd have beat Michigan. 5th best team in the nation goes to LSU, in my opinion.[/bfa5c86640f]

[/quotefa5c86640f]

You made a few valid points, but you didn't prove that Pac 10 was worse than the SEC..

I was half-joking when I said "Pac 10 owns" anyhow, after they only one 3/6 bowls... ouch.. Better luck next year I guess..

TryinToGetPaid

10-01-2007 14:09:39

Flordia did not lose to Flordia State they lost to Auburn on a blocked punt. Ok Thanks! And saying "They beat Texas" does not show anything. Texas is a tenth of the program it was last year.

BlueX

10-01-2007 18:54:47

Sorry, liALMOSTli lost to Flo State (flo state should have won)..