Damn LIONS

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=50457

ILoveToys

31-12-2006 13:29:42

Talk about screwing it up....They go and win a game that will cost them in the draft again next year. They don't even know how to have a shitty season the right way.

Zags1199

31-12-2006 13:30:33

They get to save money so I bet they're happy.

ILoveToys

31-12-2006 13:37:18

[quoted323b4c961="Zags1199"]They get to save money so I bet they're happy.[/quoted323b4c961]

Yeah...it's sad but true I'm sure.

manOFice

31-12-2006 13:46:46

hahaha a 2-10 team beat the playoff team cowboys, the cowboys don't deserve to go to the playoffs after loosing to the lions

ILoveToys

31-12-2006 14:13:12

[quote553dbb7b09="O4F-Manofice"]hahaha a 2-10 team beat the playoff team cowboys, the cowboys don't deserve to go to the playoffs after loosing to the lions[/quote553dbb7b09]

lol...2-10....try 2-13

CollidgeGraduit

31-12-2006 14:20:57

Yeah, the Lions dropped a spot in the draft.. but it sure was nice to see things go well for them.

I'm not too worried about the draft spot. I don't see them drafting a QB. Kitna's not the long-term solution, but he'll be fine for another season or two while we wait to see if McCown or Orlovsky will step up.

I see them trading down to get a couple of linemen (either offensive or defensive), maybe using an early pick to get a good pass rusher.

For once I am optimistic about next season, assuming the coaching crew stays in place. They've gotten some good production out of a lot of 2nd and 3rd string players. Anyway, I'm definitely interested in seeing how the draft goes.

ILoveToys

31-12-2006 14:23:18

[quote85164a8e33="CollidgeGraduit"]Yeah, the Lions dropped a spot in the draft.. but it sure was nice to see things go well for them.

I'm not too worried about the draft spot. I don't see them drafting a QB. Kitna's not the long-term solution, but he'll be fine for another season or two while we wait to see if McCown or Orlovsky will step up.

I see them trading down to get a couple of linemen (either offensive or defensive), maybe using an early pick to get a good pass rusher.

For once I am optimistic about next season, assuming the coaching crew stays in place. They've gotten some good production out of a lot of 2nd and 3rd string players. Anyway, I'm definitely interested in seeing how the draft goes.[/quote85164a8e33]

You know, with all the talent they have it is easy to be optimistic; however, growing up watching the lions it is hard to be anything but down on them. They screw things up that you couldn't imagine them screwing up.

CollidgeGraduit

31-12-2006 14:26:10

[quoted58e3029d6="ILoveToys"][quoted58e3029d6="CollidgeGraduit"]Yeah, the Lions dropped a spot in the draft.. but it sure was nice to see things go well for them.

For once I am optimistic about next season, assuming the coaching crew stays in place. They've gotten some good production out of a lot of 2nd and 3rd string players. Anyway, I'm definitely interested in seeing how the draft goes.[/quoted58e3029d6]

You know, with all the talent they have it is easy to be optimistic; however, growing up watching the lions it is hard to be anything but down on them. They screw things up that you couldn't imagine them screwing up.[/quoted58e3029d6]

You're telling me.. it's hard to be optimistic watching all these top draft picks stink it up. Then, Marinelli and Company come in, and we've got Kitna throwing to Roy and Furrey all over the field. Backup O-linemen are giving pass protection that we've never seen.

Every year I say "There's always next season", but I think if Martz stays, we might finally see some winning seasons.

ILoveToys

31-12-2006 14:33:00

Yeah...That's what I'm telling you. They haven't been even close to the playoffs since Sanders left, and even when he was there it was 1 and done every year almost. I just don't see why I should put any faith in them.

CorpRebel

31-12-2006 14:51:46

[quotedcfd9ef836="ILoveToys"]Talk about screwing it up....They go and win a game that will cost them in the draft again next year. They don't even know how to have a shitty season the right way.[/quotedcfd9ef836]

Hey ... I know the feeling! The 49ers did the same thing last year. Won an extra game at the end and lost out on first pick which probably would have been Reggie Bush. We still have a LONG ways to go too! lol

Rick aka CorpRebel 8)