PayPal is Ridiculous!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=50004

BlueFusionX

21-12-2006 16:28:53

Last April someone bought some items off of my RuneScapeula website that sells RuneScape items. He was a young teen.

He used his mom's paypal account to buy it and I told him that I was out of stock and forgot to mark it on our shopping system. I told him I would get it to him within the next few days.

His mom immediately put up a PayPal dispute and when she could, escelated it to a claim.

I remember it was on a Wednesday when I found out. I stopped out at a Texaco station to buy some gas and a drink and it declined my card. I got out my credit card to pay for it and immediately called them on my cell. My account was limited.

I tried to get ahold of him for six weeks but he never answered his phone. I tried to let PayPal refund my payment through their system but her account had something wrong with it where it wouldn't let me. I sent out a check for $8 and she cashed it and never removed the claim.

I finally got him on RuneScape a couple of times but he said his mother was busy. In October the 6 month mark was achieved and they let me withdraw my money, but still limitations on my account.

I sent them oodles of faxes with bank statements, check copies, and they still never considered it good enough to unlimit my account. They told me they needed more information about my account to continue.

Yet just last night I found him on RuneScape again and told him he better tell his mom to unlimit my account, I've been waiting 8 months.

Sure enough when I got up this morning, it was unlimited again.

It is ridiculous that PayPal won't accept my legitimate proof from a bank and needs more info about my operations, but she can just go on there and click a button and we're all set!

Anyways, I just got an early Christmas present My PayPal account back.

Anyone else have to deal with PayPal like that?

BlueFusionX

21-12-2006 16:29:50

I'm sticking to tangible items now that my old RS account got banned and that things like that cannot be proven. If PayPal won't accept faxed checks, they surly won't accept game screenshots.

OldManWrigley

21-12-2006 17:01:40

Well double posting isn't the best, but I'm in that situation right now. My PayPal account was blocked because I sold $300 worth of iTunes G/Cs I got from freegiftcards.com, I also sold an iPod Nano, and I had a PSP listed. They thought I was stealing them I guess because they put my account on hold and demanded that they get information for what my "source" was for getting these "electronics".....

I faxed them tons of times, and never got anything...

HOWEVER!!! Yesterday I faxed some shit to eBay and I got my eBay account back today, which makes me smile )

BlueFusionX

21-12-2006 17:05:55

[quoted31411f43a="OldManWrigley"]Well double posting isn't the best, but I'm in that situation right now. My PayPal account was blocked because I sold $300 worth of iTunes G/Cs I got from freegiftcards.com, I also sold an iPod Nano, and I had a PSP listed. They thought I was stealing them I guess because they put my account on hold and demanded that they get information for what my "source" was for getting these "electronics".....

I faxed them tons of times, and never got anything...

HOWEVER!!! Yesterday I faxed some shit to eBay and I got my eBay account back today, which makes me smile )[/quoted31411f43a]

They are owned by the same company. Do the.y have an right to acuse you of stealing?

Sorry for double posting

OldManWrigley

21-12-2006 17:13:00

Well my eBay account was "suspended" two months ago because my idiot friend used it because his was blocked and then used HIS PayPal, they linked it and froze my account because "a previously banned user was using it".......

This was closed 5 months after my PayPal was....

It's so annoying, I miss selling condoms (

J4320

21-12-2006 17:24:35

Who gives a shit about double posting. As long as it isn't all the time...

J4320

21-12-2006 17:24:42

Who gives a shit about double posting. As long as it isn't all the time...

kdollar

21-12-2006 17:26:36

[quoteaa43b5f725="J4320"]Who gives a shit about double posting. As long as it isn't all the time...[/quoteaa43b5f725]

true.

kdollar

21-12-2006 17:27:01

[quote1afa80de73="kdollar"][quote1afa80de73="J4320"]Who gives a shit about double posting. As long as it isn't all the time...[/quote1afa80de73]

true.[/quote1afa80de73]

yea paypal sucks, luckily i got mine of limited, and keep a limited amount of money in there. be worried!

BlueFusionX

21-12-2006 18:11:13

As soon as I set up a good successful business or something close, I'll apply for a real merchant account. I'll just use PayPal for quick funds storage or collectment.

BlueX

22-12-2006 11:52:45

PayPal is the worst online merchant in terms of security, by FAR.

I've lost around $1.5K to PayPal because of their stupid security restrictions (yes, I've done everything that they require and then my account got closed for no reason). I've had many horror stories with them and they've screwed MANY people over. Chargebacks, false disputes, credit card fraud, fraud, scammers, holds, and closed accounts are all SUPERB reasons not to use PayPal.

Unfortunately, they dominate internet business (and not to mention eBay). I hope a lot of people shift to Google Checkout.. man that'd be sweet, Checkout is freakin' legit.

/end rant

Good luck. Your PayPal account will probably be held again in the future (once you are put on hold the first time, it's a cycle).

bruman

22-12-2006 13:00:12

I've never had any problems with PayPal at all, they've always been great.

Even when someone scammed me on eBay, it was still under paypals buyer protection plan and I was refunded entirely.

BlueFusionX

22-12-2006 13:09:26

I was looking through PayPal's additional services today and I saw that Virtual Terminal + Website Payments Pro would cost me $40 a month. That's a rip off; I'm going to go with a real merchant account as soon as I make enough for it to actually be worth while. I'll even get my own POS machine since I process a few orders at my home.

This was what I was thinking of.[=http//www.995merchantaccounts.com]This was what I was thinking of. Anyone tried them?