eBay Sucks - What Can I Do?!?!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=49962

OldManWrigley

20-12-2006 14:55:01

OK so the guy that won my Wii won it for $495. He has -3 feedback. I swear in listing my auction I stated nobody with neg could bid, but I think he just recieved them all today because when I checked earlier it was -1 shock

He marked "Payment Sent" somehow, and I don't feel like paying a final value fee on it because there's no way he's actually going to pay me.

Does eBay have a phone number? Or does anyone know anything I can do?

dmorris68

20-12-2006 15:12:48

If he sends PayPal, refuse it. If he sends payment by mail, return it. No way I'd sell something of that value to somebody with negative feedback. I always put that disclaimer in my auction listings. You should be justified in denying the transaction and offering it to the next highest bidder.

Akademikz

20-12-2006 15:37:26

eBay has an online chat that you can find via Google where a customer service representative will be able to refund your listing fees for you and you won't have to pay a final listing fee. That's what happened when someone with negative feedback won my auction. Smooth as silk.

GiftOrb

20-12-2006 16:34:17

If you do receive payment via snail mail (check, money orders, etc) just make sure it clears before you send the item. Once it clears, it will be safe in your bank account forever.

egyptianruin

20-12-2006 17:33:27

[quotec05ba94670="TimmyWangy"]If you do receive payment via snail mail (check, money orders, etc) just make sure it clears before you send the item. Once it clears, it will be safe in your bank account forever.[/quotec05ba94670]

If it's a cashiers check it can take up to 30 days to determine if it's fraudulant and then you are responsible for the money after that. USPS Money Order is the only thing I would accept via snail mail.

Dave82

20-12-2006 17:51:28

man, you guys are making me so nervous!!!!! Everytime i get ready to list my fiance's stuff that she want me to sell (expensive purses, shoes, etc) someone goes and makes an ebay/paypal thread that freaks me out!

Just when i thought Paypal was the way to go, i see like 3 post about how "paypal will screw you over." When i ask about money orders people say i'll get less bids. Craigslist isnt gonna work for my items.

So basically i can assume that nothing is safe?????

Obviously sellers are screwed over by people trying to scam and they will find a way regardless and the authority will side with them and i will lose time, money, and the merchandise..... right?

doylnea

20-12-2006 18:06:19

like anything, you only hear about the bad things re eBay and paypal. I've been buying and selling there for 7 years with lots of transactions, and have only been screwed once, (when I cheaped out on delivery confirmation for a $20 bottle of used cologne and the guy claimed it never arrived).

OldManWrigley

20-12-2006 19:10:50

If you ship to confirmed addresses only and get delievery conformation, you're fine. For a double triple bonus if you use PayPal to print the shipping label, you won't have a problem in the world....

Just found out that the "winner" is from the United Kingdom. What a joke. I offered a 2nd chance to the next highest bidder, but he never responded. I just offered a "3rd chance (lol)" to the 3rd highest for $430, and I hope he/she takes it.....Blah. If they don't, not to worry, I relisted it too, and if one of them takes the second chance I can just cancel it...

Lost money on my Elmos today (

OldManWrigley

20-12-2006 21:22:23

LOL LOOK what I just got....

http/" alt=""/img510.imageshack.us/img="510/7500/idiotbk1.th.jpg[" alt=""/img8bbe034080][=http//img="510.imageshack.us" alt=""/img510/7500/idiotbk1.jpg][img="8bbe034080]http/" alt=""/img510.imageshack.us/img="510/7500/idiotbk1.th.jpg[" alt=""/img8bbe034080][/url]

DollarDealNetwork

20-12-2006 22:18:21

Refund it before he files a dispute 8)

On main page www.ebay.com the live help chat link is top right 8)

kidd2108

20-12-2006 22:30:59

Before you post the item, isnt their an option that tells you to block certain users. For example if they have -1 or if theyre not registered to the USA, so that option will prevent them from bidding.

OldManWrigley

21-12-2006 05:22:00

[quote27fe9ac5c8="2DollarDeal"]Refund it before he files a dispute 8)

On main page www.ebay.com the live help chat link is top right 8)[/quote27fe9ac5c8]

LOL it was a scam email.....Totally fake!

justinfreestuff

21-12-2006 07:11:30

forget this auction and relist it, and request a final value fee credit

keep refusing payment, report him, and send his ass down to -4

Godrockdj

21-12-2006 07:33:34

"Payment Confirmetion Code"

OldManWrigley

21-12-2006 11:19:38

OK I need help ASAP, but it's so confusing. I gave the 3rd highest bidder a second chance and she took it, and paid me via PayPal. I just got a message from eBay that said this

Dear ------- (---------@yahoo.com),

The results of the following listings have been cancelled due to bidding activity that took place without the account owner's authorization

220062401127 New, Unopended Nintendo Wii + 5 Game Sport Pack
220063274167 New, Unopended Nintendo Wii + 5 Game Sport Pack
[bec49f65053]220063425896[/bec49f65053] New, Unopended Nintendo Wii + 5 Game Sport Pack

We have temporarily suspended the bidding account and we are working with the account owner to prevent any additional unauthorized activity. Since the account owner did not initiate these bids, fees resulting from the listings in question have been credited to your account.

Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to automatically relist these items for you. Instead, to relist these items you will need to start from the beginning of the listing process, either through the "Sell Your Item" process or through your third party listing service. We know that this is an inconvenience and we apologize for the negative impact it may cause you. We are working on tools to allow you to relist your items without starting from the beginning, but they are not available at this time.

Do not respond to this email, as your reply will not be received. If there are issues that have not been addressed by this message, you can contact us by clicking the "Help" link located at the top of most eBay pages and selecting "Contact Us" from the menu on the left hand side of the page.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

The bold one is the second chance offer that was ONLY available to her, which means obviously they're talking about her account. I went into my "eBay items sold" and the 2nd chance auction I had up that was there an hour ago, is now gone, like it never happened.

What the hell should I do?

justinag06

21-12-2006 11:49:42

I went to home depot and bought some signs and posted them outside of all the nicer subdivisions, and around town to sell my PS3. I have got a ton of hits. I just sold one for $900, and am going to try and get more for the last two..

justinfreestuff

21-12-2006 14:16:43

[quote283e0ac0f9="justinag06"]I went to home depot and bought some signs and posted them outside of all the nicer subdivisions, and around town to sell my PS3. I have got a ton of hits. I just sold one for $900, and am going to try and get more for the last two..[/quote283e0ac0f9]

you've been an enormous help.