Registering Vehicle *EDIT*

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=49568

afro_wolff

10-12-2006 15:32:16

Hello again,

No one responded last attempt so here's a second chance...Much more simplistic

Applied for a bank loan for 6,900 for vehicle and they need the title to initiate loan....

I've got to register the vehicle in my name to get the new title...

Would there be any problem with changing the amount paid on the bill of sale for the vehicle from 6,900 to 4,000 when i register it to save on taxes?

I know it's quite possible wtihout a bank asking for the title but will they see the amount paid or anything of the sort?

guelah75

10-12-2006 18:57:17

when i went to register my car (bought a used one) they asked me for the bill of sale

I told them i didnt have the bill of sale, but that I knew how much i paid for the car

ended up telling them quite a bit less than I actually paid

the worst they can do (i think) is make you come back with the bill of sale

try it see what happens

p.s. i did this late september if that matters

afro_wolff

10-12-2006 19:06:09

[quote7b857ba025="guelah75"]when i went to register my car (bought a used one) they asked me for the bill of sale

I told them i didnt have the bill of sale, but that I knew how much i paid for the car

ended up telling them quite a bit less than I actually paid

the worst they can do (i think) is make you come back with the bill of sale

try it see what happens

p.s. i did this late september if that matters[/quote7b857ba025]

Yep i'm definitly think'n that would work but my worry is saying i bought it for 4k, sending the title to the bank who's loaning me 6.9k and having them find out i claimed i only paid 4k...

guelah75

10-12-2006 19:09:13

not sure about that, I haven't had any calls from the bank......yet

so who knows, win with the sword die by the sword

afro_wolff

10-12-2006 19:13:30

O so u did go through the bank with it. Great stuff...Yea i paid 8,900, recieving 6,900 from the bank, and prolly gonna try and get away with saying i paid 4,100 via conversation or altered bill of sale... That'd def. be dieing by the sword!