James Kim Found Dead

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=49418

Psyc

06-12-2006 13:32:21

http//news.com.com/James+Kim+found+deceased/2100-1028_3-6141498.html?tag=nefd.top

http//www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_120506_news_missing_family_tues.569404ac.html

cry

Stroid

06-12-2006 13:43:40

that is sad...i sorta already expected him to be dead but I find it very admirable that he put his own life up for his family may he rest in peace

TFOAF

06-12-2006 13:47:34

Is that the guy who's family was missing for like 9 days? (

JordanE

06-12-2006 13:49:50

R.I.P

Stroid

06-12-2006 13:59:35

[quote5b1dd7e60a="TFOAF"]Is that the guy who's family was missing for like 9 days? ([/quote5b1dd7e60a] yes it is..he was a senior editor @ cnet

KeithA

06-12-2006 14:00:44

I was still maintaining optimism, but my heart sank when I read (on Monday, after Kati and the kids had been rescued) that James struck out to look for help. Leaving a vehicle is almost never the right thing to do. -(

Dr. Doom

06-12-2006 14:06:33

What did he die of?

I'm guessing it was the cold weather because the article states that one of his daughters had frostbite.

KeithA

06-12-2006 14:10:04

[quotee66f0c47c9="Dr. Doom"]What did he die of?

I'm guessing it was the cold weather because the article states that one of his daughters had frostbite.[/quotee66f0c47c9]

Assumedly hypothermia, but he was without much food and water for upwards of 10 days. Could have been dehydration as well.

hehehhehe

06-12-2006 14:15:01

Damn, but like stroid says it was admirable that he traveled so far to try to save his family...

TFOAF

06-12-2006 14:25:41

[quote023b0fadb0="Stroid"][quote023b0fadb0="TFOAF"]Is that the guy who's family was missing for like 9 days? ([/quote023b0fadb0] yes it is..he was a senior editor @ cnet[/quote023b0fadb0]
O_O

Are you serious?! I love CNET!

mistertomlinson

06-12-2006 14:42:25

I have watched several of this guy's video reviews and was shocked this was the same guy! I can't believe it... and I honestly am not trying to bring some seriously inappropriate humor to the situation, but I read they found the pants he was wearing somewhere other than on his body (this according to Netscape's article). He had apparently become delirious from the cold and taken his clothes off... that's absolutely fucking horrible. Poor guy.

Stroid

06-12-2006 14:46:04

[quote05ca4a75fd="mistertomlinson"]I have watched several of this guy's video reviews and was shocked this was the same guy! I can't believe it... and I honestly am not trying to bring some seriously inappropriate humor to the situation, but I read they found the pants he was wearing somewhere other than on his body (this according to Netscape's article). He had apparently become delirious from the cold and taken his clothes off... that's absolutely fucking horrible. Poor guy.[/quote05ca4a75fd] first that is a speculation about why he may have removed his sweat pants. Also the report says he took several pieces of clothing with him including a girls skirt (his daughters)...they believe he used these items for extra layers or to use as things he can leave a trail with. But yes may have become delirious due to lack of food and hypothermia very sad. R.I.P

J4320

06-12-2006 15:20:37

Poor guy... that really sucks. He took a trip down from Seattle and he passed through my area before going on to Oregon.

Anyway, I feel bad for him and his family. (

KeithA

06-12-2006 15:30:07

[quoted9c2020466="Stroid"][quoted9c2020466="mistertomlinson"]I have watched several of this guy's video reviews and was shocked this was the same guy! I can't believe it... and I honestly am not trying to bring some seriously inappropriate humor to the situation, but I read they found the pants he was wearing somewhere other than on his body (this according to Netscape's article). He had apparently become delirious from the cold and taken his clothes off... that's absolutely fucking horrible. Poor guy.[/quoted9c2020466] first that is a speculation about why he may have removed his sweat pants. Also the report says he took several pieces of clothing with him including a girls skirt (his daughters)...they believe he used these items for extra layers or to use as things he can leave a trail with. But yes may have become delirious due to lack of food and hypothermia very sad. R.I.P[/quoted9c2020466]

There were reports that several of the articles of clothing had been arranged in a pattern, as if he were signaling rescuers of his location.

JKirk

06-12-2006 15:34:00

[quote3ea72c956f="Stroid"][quote3ea72c956f="mistertomlinson"]I have watched several of this guy's video reviews and was shocked this was the same guy! I can't believe it... and I honestly am not trying to bring some seriously inappropriate humor to the situation, but I read they found the pants he was wearing somewhere other than on his body (this according to Netscape's article). He had apparently become delirious from the cold and taken his clothes off... that's absolutely fucking horrible. Poor guy.[/quote3ea72c956f] [b3ea72c956f]first that is a speculation[/b3ea72c956f] about why he may have removed his sweat pants. Also the report says he took several pieces of clothing with him including a girls skirt (his daughters)...they believe he used these items for extra layers or to use as things he can leave a trail with. But yes may have become delirious due to lack of food and hypothermia very sad. R.I.P[/quote3ea72c956f]

I personally don't agree with that. I don't think he would have taken off his clothing and just flung it randomly because he became delirious but then again I've never been in that kind of situation. James Kim was an intelligent guy and I think he used the clothing as "tracks" of some sort. I feel so sorry for him and I have since they said he left the car in search of help by himself. R.I.P. James Kim.

ajasax

06-12-2006 15:38:48

Read on MSN first, then saw on local TV (I can hear the TV downstairs, and they're talking about it again). That is very sad to hear. I was really hoping they had just rented a motel somewhere and were cut off from communication. However, I'm glad the rest of the family is okay. My condolences to them.
http//i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/fd/pg/120606/120606_james.jpg[" alt=""/img4980255e3a]

Wolfeman

06-12-2006 15:41:24

(

GCY

06-12-2006 18:02:14

[quotefacbd83cb5="TFOAF"][quotefacbd83cb5="Stroid"][quotefacbd83cb5="TFOAF"]Is that the guy who's family was missing for like 9 days? ([/quotefacbd83cb5] yes it is..he was a senior editor @ cnet[/quotefacbd83cb5]
O_O

Are you serious?! I love CNET![/quotefacbd83cb5]
how can u love Cnet and never heard of James Kim? ?

This is truly sad when I heard about this. (

JKirk

06-12-2006 18:57:17

I know this is awful to post and I guess it make this a hundred times worse but I just want to make sure to spread the news because you should hear about it eventually. This was taken off MSNBC news

[quotefa68e941bb]
Authorities said they were initially heartened by the discovery of items of Kim’s clothing at various places in the woods, hoping they were markers he had left to help search crews. But in the end, they said, Kim may have been shedding his clothes in a paradoxical grasp for relief from hypothermia and frostbite, which often leave their victims feeling overheated.

“After you start getting tired, you start getting cold, you start sweating — those are the types of things that lower your body temperature,” said John Galford, a forest preserve patrol officer in Lake County, Ill. “That’s when you’re going to go down.”

Searchers told NBC News that they located Kim on Tuesday and at one point they were able to make direct contact with him. They explored ways to lower a medic to the area, they said, but it was not immediately clear whether that attempt ultimately failed or was too late to save Kim.

Rescuers frantically tried to work out ways to reach Kim in the impassable snow-jammed area over the next hours, Anderson said, but they couldn’t make it in time.

“Yeah, you do take it personally, and it’s been tough,” Anderson said Wednesday.
[/quotefa68e941bb]

I feel so bad for him, man. ( The full article is here[=http//www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16079394\]here

CougarKid

06-12-2006 20:13:58

Wow that just sucks, I was hearing about this all week, but didn't know it was someone from Cnet. RIP dude.

Psyc

06-12-2006 20:57:53

Whattt???!!!! So they found him alive Tuesday? O_O
That's just messed up...

cry

Gooogler

07-12-2006 18:13:04

Holy crap, this is one guy I never expected to hear reported dead. I loved his reviews, way better than that other korean lady's. cry

What I don't understand is Why did he go so far down the wrong road? Once he did, did he know he was lost? If so, why did he leave the car? If he was going to leave the car, why didn't he just follow his tracks instead of wandering into the woods?