What's happened to the trading post?!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=49052

mistertomlinson

27-11-2006 15:49:39

I just recently decided to get back into old fashioned ref tradeing as DIYs slowly decline... I think people have forgotten how to appreciatte ref sites, but I starting to think they are still the way to go. I'll end up spending a hell of a lot less for an XBox via Trainn than I would with Niutech. Anyway, I figured I wouldn't have any trouble getting refs seeind as how I got a guy who has only signed up for 3604free (the site I'm working on), but I won't allow him to do Freepay because I've logged into my Freepay account from his computer a couple of times and figured it'd be best not to. My only rules were, must have a TR of at least 2... not 1 single PM for a trade! So I go around trying to find trades myself. All I can find are people paying... and if they aren't paying, then they're brand new users with no TR and a handful of posts. That's just asking for trouble... what gives. What happened to the trading scene?!

theysayjump

27-11-2006 15:55:15

The fact that Trainn are one of the most popular networks around means less and less people are able to do their sites, especially when only trading. Most people would rather be paid to do a site they haven't done before I think.

Simple.

YourGiftsFree

27-11-2006 16:00:45

Asking price is way too high, IMO.

mistertomlinson

27-11-2006 16:11:53

Would you guys think it stupid to trade with someone with no TR and a couple of posts under their belt? I mean... we were all newbs once. I could always threaten the hell out of 'em telling them if they try to scam my ass, I'll have my referral removed from their account. What do you guys suggest? I desperately need an XBox 360 to go with my plasma TV that will hopefully be here by year's end. I've taken care of 4 refs and need 6 more, though I will likely give in and take the smaller XBox package for 8 refs...

theysayjump

27-11-2006 16:18:07

Why don't you do a site for cash instead of a gift, then you can whatever you want?

That way, you're not limited by what a site may or may not offer,only by what your money can buy you.

mistertomlinson

27-11-2006 16:33:01

hmmmm, I was going for a site with a hell of a track record and fast timelines... and a site I have personal experience with (I got a video iPod from Trainn and didn't have any trouble). Besides, I have already gotten 4 refs, but I wish I would have considered your suggestion earlier. But do you think it'd be a bad idea to trade with a bunch of inexperienced users?

theysayjump

27-11-2006 16:35:54

Yes.

jy3

27-11-2006 20:17:29

remember u always trade on YOUR own terms. I have changed my trading terms with these people with low TR. Now I pay AFTER approval. they know that going in. i have had too many fail approval, esp on the non-cc sites i am doing now. it may lead to fewer bites but that is ok.
i would rather be safe than sorry.

also, isnt this on topic ;)