Using Logmein to check account status

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=49028

mistertomlinson

27-11-2006 00:28:32

So I have a Logmein account and was wondering if it was alright to check my account status from a computer someone else has used to sign up for the same site. I know using proxies aren't allowed... is Logmein some sort of proxy or is this going to cause me trouble?

CollidgeGraduit

27-11-2006 03:41:54

[quote068cf871ef="mistertomlinson"]So I have a Logmein account and was wondering if it was alright to check my account status from a computer someone else has used to sign up for the same site. I know using proxies aren't allowed... is Logmein some sort of proxy or is this going to cause me trouble?[/quote068cf871ef]

All the freebie site would see is the activity coming from the remote PC that you are controlling. For example, if I am at work and use Logmein to control my home PC, the freebie sites would only know that I'm using my home PC.

mistertomlinson

27-11-2006 14:16:54

Are you positive? I remember reading something a long time ago when I didn't know anything of this service... now I can't remember what was said. I did go to whatismyip.com and it WAS my home PC's IP... I just don't want to be DQed for using a friends computer to check my account.

YourGiftsFree

27-11-2006 14:18:08

You will be fine.

dmorris68

27-11-2006 14:32:10

[quotee4105313c6="mistertomlinson"]Are you positive? I remember reading something a long time ago when I didn't know anything of this service... now I can't remember what was said. I did go to whatismyip.com and it WAS my home PC's IP... I just don't want to be DQed for using a friends computer to check my account.[/quotee4105313c6]
Your friend's computer won't be the one checking your status, it will be your home PC. You'll just be controlling it remotely. Nothing whatsoever about your remote session will be carried through. I do this almost every day (not for free sites necessarily, just in general through the course of my job), not using LogMeIn but an SSH tunnel with VNC or RDP.

Trust me.

mistertomlinson

27-11-2006 15:10:29

Awesome!