Kramer hates black people....or is that Bush?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=48712

mnx12

20-11-2006 16:07:05

http//www.tmz.com/2006/11/20/kramers-racist-tirade-caught-on-tape/

[quote279c49b051]Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive video of the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a flililiing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherfliliker. Throw his ass out. He's a nigger! He's a nigger! He's a nigger! A nigger, look, there's a nigger!"

The crowd is visibly and audibly confused and upset. Richards responds by saying, "They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a nigger."

One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That's un-flililiing called for, ain't necessary."

After the three-minute tirade, it appears the majority of the audience members got up and left in disgust.

Attempts to reach Richards' reps were unsuccessful.[/quote279c49b051]

TryinToGetPaid

20-11-2006 16:09:37

Well, he lost it. When you get upset you say things you do not mean. It happens. I am not saying it was right, but everyone makes mistakes we are only human.

On a side note Why did black people come up with "cracker"? Not only is it NOT offensive, it is actually funny when a black person refers to a white one was a cracker.

burritopunk

20-11-2006 16:10:50

[quotee0e866718f="TryinToGetPaid"]Well, he lost it. When you get upset you say things you do not mean. It happens. I am not saying it was right, but everyone makes mistakes we are only human.

On a side note Why did black people come up with "cracker"? Not only is it NOT offensive, it is actually funny when a black person refers to a white one was a cracker.[/quotee0e866718f]

I think it's short for "whip-cracker"

Killer722

20-11-2006 16:19:29

Kramer got owned though.

"You're a washup, that's why you've never had any more movies or anything. Seinfeld that's it, you're a washup"

Good old Kramer...

tylerc

20-11-2006 16:28:26

Here we go, reverse discrimination.

Blacks can call us whatever the hell they want, because they were oppressed up until the last 30-40 years, and still are to some extent today.

Nevermind that "cracker" is offensive, no, that doesn't matter, can't call a black person anything offensive. And when black people say "my nigga", it's not offensive in the least if they say it to each other.

theysayjump

20-11-2006 16:29:47

The story made it sound as if everyone in the audience left because of the comments he made, yet when he's making them, there are clearly quite a few people still laughing as he's making them, and then some people leave.

After that, other people leave but only because he leaves the stage, whilst (it looks as if) most of the audience are still there.

Killer722

20-11-2006 16:30:19

[quote351d290097="tylerc"]Here we go, reverse discrimination.

Blacks can call us whatever the hell they want, because they were oppressed up until the last 30-40 years, and still are to some extent today.

Nevermind that "cracker" is offensive, no, that doesn't matter, can't call a black person anything offensive. And when black people say "my nigga", it's not offensive in the least if they say it to each other.[/quote351d290097]

I totally agree with you tylerc. I hate the fact that black people can say whatever the fuck they want, but if I say a word in their presence that they don't like, they freak the fuck out. How are we supposed to avoid the stereotype when they continue to reinforce it? ?

theysayjump

20-11-2006 16:35:37

[quote1301db22cc="tylerc"]Here we go, reverse discrimination.

Nevermind that "cracker" is offensive, no, that doesn't matter, can't call a black person anything offensive. And when black people say "my nigga", it's not offensive in the least if they say it to each other.[/quote1301db22cc]

I used to think the same way (when I was a lot younger and ignorant).

In the U.K. we tend to have more Indian, Pakistani and other Asian ethnicities than black people. I used to go around calling them Paki's and when my parents would tell me stop and that it was discriminatory, I'd ask "But they call themselves that, why can't I/we?".

Their response, which made me stop saying that and being like that was When they call themselves it, it's as a greeting or a communal terminology, but when non-Asian's call others Paki, it's in a discriminatory way, which makes it wrong, as there is malice involved.

There's no other reason for a non-black person to call a black person a Nigger than to be racist or discriminatory, that's why I consider it wrong and take offense to it.

mnx12

20-11-2006 16:36:34

Yeah, I agree with both tylerc and killer. And while I dont really think what Kramer said was all that appropriate, he was being mocked while doing his job, which is probably really tough.

TryinToGetPaid

20-11-2006 16:37:25

TSJ There is a difference between Nigga, what black people as a friendly way refer to other blacks or whites, and Nigger which is solely used to discriminate black people.

theysayjump

20-11-2006 16:38:07

[quote7a875f2016="mnx12"]Yeah, I agree with both tylerc and killer. And while I dont really think what Kramer said was all that appropriate, he was being mocked while doing his job, which is probably really tough.[/quote7a875f2016]

Fuck, give him a [i7a875f2016]real[/i7a875f2016] job where people take real shit from others and see how he handles that. If he wasn't on a stage, he would've gotten his ass kicked

theysayjump

20-11-2006 16:39:33

[quotec16535aebd="TryinToGetPaid"]TSJ There is a difference between Nigga, what black people as a friendly way refer to other blacks or whites, and Nigger which is solely used to discriminate black people.[/quotec16535aebd]

You really believe that when someone (non-black) calls a black person a Nigger/Nigga, it all comes down to how that person spells the word in their head as to whether it should be offensive or not? roll

TryinToGetPaid

20-11-2006 16:41:52

I can call my black friends Nigga, and them not take offense to it, but if I say Nigger I would probably get shot. So yes, it is how you say it.

theysayjump

20-11-2006 16:44:20

[quote1ba3ff1c7b="TryinToGetPaid"]I can call my black friends Nigga, and them not take offense to it, but if I say Nigger I would probably get shot. So yes, it is how you say it.[/quote1ba3ff1c7b]

Ok, try it out on some random black people that you don't know.

I await a response from your next of kin as to how it went down.

zdub08

20-11-2006 16:44:40

the black kids at my school say nigga, nigger, nig, and all sorts of dumb shit that im not allowed to say.. i dont really believe nigger is much more offensive than nigga

hehehhehe

20-11-2006 16:46:46

[quote5c634d0a9a="mnx12"]Yeah, I agree with both tylerc and killer. And while I dont really think what Kramer said was all that appropriate, he was being mocked while doing his job, which is probably really tough.[/quote5c634d0a9a]
Hecklers suck but they come with the territory when you're a comedian. Maybe he had a bad day and lost it, who knows?

I do wonder what kind comments were made in this 'playful heckling'...

mistertomlinson

20-11-2006 16:48:07

[quote85e8ab1ace="theysayjump"]I await a response from your next of kin as to how it went down.[/quote85e8ab1ace]

HAHAHAHA!

hehehhehe

20-11-2006 16:57:35

[quote03d06538e3="Killer722"]Kramer got owned though.

"You're a washup, that's why you've never had any more movies or anything. Seinfeld that's it, you're a washup"
[/quote03d06538e3]
Even if he didn't do anything afterwards, I think most people in show business would've loved to have starred in one of the greatest shows ever. Kind of an easy but stupid comment from the heckler.

h3x

20-11-2006 17:02:52

Wow... Didn't see that coming.

TryinToGetPaid

20-11-2006 17:05:24

Alright, do you want me to just go up to a black guy at Walmart and say whats up nigga? Would that suit you?

michae229

20-11-2006 17:06:09

[quote576fc3de88="TryinToGetPaid"]I can call my black friends Nigga, and them not take offense to it, but if I say Nigger I would probably get shot. So yes, it is how you say it.[/quote576fc3de88]

we don't call each other with the ER in the end so don't claim it and yes its wrong for anyone to call us that the word is still very powerful today and carry alot of weight the excuses some of y'all is saying is bull shit IMO.And if any of your black friends allow it then they are just as bad.

michae229

20-11-2006 17:08:48

[quote7b047d1726="hehehhehe"][quote7b047d1726="Killer722"]Kramer got owned though.

[/quote7b047d1726]
Even if he didn't do anything afterwards, I think most people in show business would've loved to have starred in one of the greatest shows ever. Kind of an easy but stupid comment from the heckler.[/quote7b047d1726]

id rather do a whole lot of work with half the spot light then be known for one show IMO.

theysayjump

20-11-2006 17:10:24

[quoteaded297181="TryinToGetPaid"]Alright, do you want me to just go up to a black guy at Walmart and say whats up nigga? Would that suit you?[/quoteaded297181]

Try doing what Kramer did (the same comments and intended veracity), but instead of using Nigger, use Nigga, see what happens.

Also, you can't explain to them beforehand which spelling you'll be using.

cyberpunk243

20-11-2006 17:11:36

[quote33a0cf49fc="Killer722"]Kramer got owned though.

Good old Kramer...[/quote33a0cf49fc]

I wouldn't called that owned. If by "washed up" and "only having Seinfeld", one of the most if not THE most popular TV shows ever to air, then that would be fine with me. I still couldn't believe he said all that. I waiting for a punch-line. Crazy Kramer got a little TOO crazy and better hide out for a little while.

h3x

20-11-2006 17:13:02

nigger (noun) - a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.

In other words... There are black niggers, there are white niggers (also known as white trash)..

There are mexican niggers, there are asian niggers... There are niggers in every color. It's up to you if you want to be a nigger (low-class person) or not.

TryinToGetPaid

20-11-2006 17:14:14

No, I would not say "Look, there is a nigga" What he said was offensive no matter how you spell it. His tone of voice was forceful and it was meant to be rude. As I stated before, I do not agree with what he said.

theysayjump

20-11-2006 17:17:00

[quote9693257995="h3x"]nigger (noun) - a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.

In other words... There are black niggers, there are white niggers (also known as white trash)..

There are mexican niggers, there are asian niggers... There are niggers in every color. It's up to you if you want to be a nigger (low-class person) or not.[/quote9693257995]

Well now you're just being pedantic.

michae229

20-11-2006 17:17:24

after watching i would have done something threw a drink at his ass

h3x

20-11-2006 17:22:22

[quotecea28f6c8b="theysayjump"][quotecea28f6c8b="h3x"]nigger (noun) - a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.

There are mexican niggers, there are asian niggers... There are niggers in every color. It's up to you if you want to be a nigger (low-class person) or not.[/quotecea28f6c8b]

Well now you're just being pedantic.[/quotecea28f6c8b]

I'm not saying it's a good word to use to describe a person with low class... But it is what it is (whether the term is accurate to people today or not).

emoney

20-11-2006 17:23:08

Yeah, I posted this in the video thread earlier. its just shocking.

And about all the double standard stuff, I have a different perception. It all comes from the associations with the word. "Nigger" comes from the slavery/segregation days in which whites had it much better than blacks and were considered superior in all ways (among the white culture). Using the N word was another way to make blacks feel inferior to whites. Because of this association, whites using the N word is still very offensive because it creates the impression that the white person still feels superior to black people. Imagine in Clerks 2, if he tried to bring back "Nigger" instead of "Porch Monkey." It just wouldn't happen. Kevin Smith would've been ostracized. But because Porch Monkey is a much less well known and therefore less stigmatized word, he was able to make it work (and it was very funny by the way). The word "Cracka" doesn't represent some evil days of blacks owning whites. It was a word made, presumably, in reaction to black people being made to feel inferior.

Yes, it is a double standard, but I don't understand why people don't realize that in this particular case, the double standard isn't that bad. Not only do I not get offended by the use of "cracka," I would probably think people like Martin Lawrence, Dave Chappelle, etc much less funny, because of how they innocently make fun of whites. Chappelle putting on a nerdy professor voice to act white doesn't represent anything further. It doesn't mean, "I'm going to make fun of white people because black people are better and I want to make them feel inferior."

Sorry for rambling.

Killer722

20-11-2006 17:23:39

[quote1fbf0cc249="cyberpunk243"][quote1fbf0cc249="Killer722"]Kramer got owned though.

Good old Kramer...[/quote1fbf0cc249]

I wouldn't called that owned. If by "washed up" and "only having Seinfeld", one of the most if not THE most popular TV shows ever to air, then that would be fine with me. I still couldn't believe he said all that. I waiting for a punch-line. Crazy Kramer got a little TOO crazy and better hide out for a little while.[/quote1fbf0cc249]

Don't get me wrong, Seinfeld is my second favorite show of all time. It's just that the man spoke the truth. shrug

zwarrior99

20-11-2006 17:30:25

Seems like the black man deserved it. No one bitches when the black comedians make racists jokes all the time. Reason why I hate Chappelle, dat and he is as funny as my hairy nuts.

theysayjump

20-11-2006 17:32:12

[quotefbc85cbd11="zwarrior99"]Seems like the black man deserved it. No one bitches when the black comedians make racists jokes all the time. Reason why I hate Chappelle, dat and he is as funny as my hairy nuts.[/quotefbc85cbd11]

I think you just contradicted yourself.

emoney

20-11-2006 17:39:04

[quoteab4931ec0d="zwarrior99"]Seems like the black man deserved it. No one bitches when the black comedians make racists jokes all the time. Reason why I hate Chappelle, dat and he is as funny as my hairy nuts.[/quoteab4931ec0d]
You're comparing Kramer going in a "nigger nigger" craze (straight at black people) with Chappelle making light hearted cracks about white people?

Maybe its just me, but I clearly see the difference and I don't remember ever being offended by a comedian making fun of white people the way they do.

michae229

20-11-2006 17:40:05

[quote4d5e18626c="zwarrior99"]Seems like the black man deserved it. No one bitches when the black comedians make racists jokes all the time. Reason why I hate Chappelle, dat and he is as funny as my hairy nuts.[/quote4d5e18626c]

No he didn't deserve it and this is the very reason Dave Chappelle quit his show!!

h3x

20-11-2006 17:41:57

Isn't Jerry supposed to be on Letterman tonight???

emoney

20-11-2006 17:43:24

[quote840e8496be="h3x"]Isn't Jerry supposed to be on Letterman tonight???[/quote840e8496be]
Hell yeah, already have it set to DVR. The last time on Letterman it was classic funny as hell Seinfeld. I don't understand how he can make a discussion on things like cell phones so funny.

mnx12

20-11-2006 17:52:17

tsj, when it comes down to it nigger is a negative word. if black people say it, then they are putting down their own race, and they shouldnt be saying it if they dont want it said to them.

theysayjump

20-11-2006 18:08:31

[quotee295995ec6="mnx12"]tsj, when it comes down to it nigger is a negative word. if black people say it, then they are putting down their own race, and they shouldnt be saying it if they dont want it said to them.[/quotee295995ec6]

Wow, way to label every black person as a Nigger and assume that the word Nigger applies to every black person. http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/38bffac037babfdd251f0f3812a00258.gif[" alt=""/imge295995ec6]

TryinToGetPaid

20-11-2006 18:10:48

Agreed.

I think "nigger" refers to a black person who does nothing for himself, is on welfare, has no job, sells drugs, and lives on the streets and has no education.

tylerc

20-11-2006 18:14:08

THANK YOU!

Finally, other people that realize there are niggers, and there are black people!

theysayjump

20-11-2006 18:22:46

[quote75a5b831e0="tylerc"]THANK YOU!

Finally, other people that realize there are niggers, and there are black people![/quote75a5b831e0]

I think that's bullshit.

I think it's just the way an ignorant, racist society (not saying the entire nation, just certain people) have changed things around so they can still use the word Nigger without attracting the same kind of comments that Kramer has.

60 years ago in this country, Nigger meant one thing, and one thing only. A black person, regardless of how rich or poor they are. Then, with the end of segregation and somewhat equality being given to the black community, people weren't happy with that so they decided to change the definition of the word to suit their own beliefs.

michae229

20-11-2006 18:29:06

[quote74d2ac7fbc="tylerc"]THANK YOU!

Finally, other people that realize there are niggers, and there are black people![/quote74d2ac7fbc]

GOD DAMN LOCK THIS DUMB ASS THREAD SHIT MAN!!!!!!!!

topbillin1

20-11-2006 18:32:37

I don't if you guys realize it yet but.....

Blacks don't live no where as good as whites in America...hence the double standards with the word "cracka" and the word "Nigga".

Just look at the salary difference between the white and black family in America and you'll understand why blacks at times get special treatment in this country.

There is [ba1f61f1feb]no[/ba1f61f1feb] equal ground between white and black, I don't care how often you and your mom goes to church on Sunday or how much you wish for world peace...the darker you are, the more you get shitted on and the more you get denied certain opportunities within this country.

emoney

20-11-2006 20:03:16

I agree to an extent topbillin1. I don't think it is all racism, but yeah, the statistics don't lie.

Another update, Kramer is going to be on letterman tonight apologizing.

Veek

20-11-2006 20:14:06

[quote6451293a69="TryinToGetPaid"]On a side note Why did black people come up with "cracker"? Not only is it NOT offensive, it is actually funny when a black person refers to a white one was a cracker.[/quote6451293a69]

I think the answer to this is in this video

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhEl6HdfqWM

mnx12

20-11-2006 22:15:28

[quote22aaee1146="theysayjump"]Wow, way to label every black person as a Nigger and assume that the word Nigger applies to every black person. http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/38bffac037babfdd251f0f3812a00258.gif[" alt=""/img22aaee1146][/quote22aaee1146]
Huh? What are you talking about? We must be talking about different things here...anyway, did anyone see him just barely on David Letterman? I cought the last few seconds of it.

kdollar

20-11-2006 22:42:52

i think there is obviously a double standard with the african american race, but kramer was wrong in every sense just because as a comedian and famous face he should be responsible to show some kind of class, even though that guy was outta line, be the more responsible and respectful person, dont stoop to their level by tryin to combat the double standard but be above it.

Wolfeman

20-11-2006 23:11:07

He went WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overboard. Fuck him...

michae229

20-11-2006 23:13:49

[quote6cb8f9326b="kdollar"]i think there is obviously a double standard with the african american race, but kramer was wrong in every sense just because as a comedian and famous face he should be responsible to show some kind of class, even though that guy was outta line, be the more responsible and respectful person, dont stoop to their level by tryin to combat the double standard but be above it.[/quote6cb8f9326b]

who's level are you talking about? I hope your talking about bigots

kdollar

20-11-2006 23:54:55

the level of those who use deragatory terms. those with no class.

h3x

21-11-2006 02:09:16

People make mistakes... and people fuck up really bad... This was one situation... After his public apology on Letterman, I can see he truly means it and yet the audience was still laughing at him... Jerry even had to tell to the audience to cut it out and be quiet.

This is the end of his career as a stand-up comedian... I can't see the Laugh Factory or any other respectable stand-up joint wanting him back after this...

CollidgeGraduit

21-11-2006 04:09:50

[quote79fa8cc58e="h3x"]People make mistakes... and people fuck up really bad... This was one situation... [/quote79fa8cc58e]

I don't usually see eye to eye with you on many things, but I agree with you 110%. Who knows why he really did what he did, but if he apologizes and doesn't do it again, why should it still be held against him?

ilanbg

21-11-2006 08:26:57

Anyone have a link to a video of the Jerry/Letterman show from yesterday?

Nimh

21-11-2006 10:07:35

http//youtube.com/watch?v=lKfSTa04JA4
http//youtube.com/watch?v=YwLguJm7tsU

One is the Seinfeld interview, one is Kramer's apology. I've downloaded the videos as well, just in case they get taken down, so if they do, PM me and I'll send em to you.

I love youtube.

CollidgeGraduit

21-11-2006 10:21:46

Now especially after watching his apology, I really think people need to accept it and let it go. Richards is definitely distraught over what he did, and Seinfeld was willing to put himself on the line to make sure Richards was able to apologize publicly.

Allen626

21-11-2006 10:49:24

Calling someone a nigga or nigger is stupid regardless if you are black saying it to a black. Just except the fact that people believe stupid shit all the time and try not to be retarded about agreviating them. Maybe they are stupid but you know what is going to happen if you do a particular thing. Use common sense.

kdollar

21-11-2006 12:24:39

this guy knows how to shut kramer up!

http//youtube.com/watch?v=g-_K0Hlvyys&mode=related&search=

Tholek

21-11-2006 14:45:19

A part of this that a lot of people are overlooking, is the role of the club owner in escalating this. The guy (Jamie, I think) has been throwing Richards under the bus at every opportunity and in every way possible. Paul Rodriguez didn't just speak out, he spoke out in a press conference setup by Jamie in front of the same massive club sign oh so prominently featured in that video. He even shopped him and Paul Mooney (perhaps the most racist comic ever) out to do more anti-Richards damage control in interviews.

Whether or not you think Richards went too far, you should know who's spinning this, and in what direction...

EDIT

http//www.laughfactory.com/home/index.sps

h3x

21-11-2006 14:58:56

[quote258eb3a07f]Mr. Richards was scheduled to appear on Saturday night and had informed management of his intention to apologize for his hurtful and unprofessional outburst from the previous night. He failed to do so and disappointed us.[/quote258eb3a07f]

He did it on National Television in front of millions of viewers... How did he fail to apologize???