Anyone ever get this before?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=48216

zr2152

09-11-2006 20:12:45

I got this email today and I doubt that its legit.

It basically says that if I let them charge my card like 31.00 something, they will send me this tv or a check.

Here are the FAQ and Terms and Conditions

Who is Crown Imports?

Crown Imports is an international marketer of quality jewelry, leather items and accessories. All International Product Registry products come with a complete money back guarantee, no questions asked.

How long has Crown Imports been in business?

Crown Imports is a tradename of an international catalog company that has been serving satisfied customers since 1990. Crown Imports sells its products and services in 185 countries worldwide.

How can they afford to give away Expensive Items?

Crown Imports cuts the middleman and sources products directly from the manufacturer thereby passing its savings to customers. The international publicity program is part of Crown Imports's way of introducing its line of fine quality merchandise by gathering names for its catalogs.

Can they ship my TV to Timbuktu for just the nominal fee mentioned previously?

Absolutely. Any merchandise regardless of size and weight can be shipped to any part of the world. Crown Imports will bear all shipping costs and arrange for a local distributor in your area to deliver the merchandise to your home.

How long will it take to receive my merchandise?

The normal processing and delivery time for international mail is 6-8 weeks from time of receipt of order. U.S. delivery is within 30 days.

Can I pay by check or postal order?

Absolutely. Please send your release fee with a cheque, money/postal order or bank draft payable to "Crown Imports" in US $ funds and drawn on a US Bank.

When did I win this prize?

You did not win a prize. You have been pre-selected from a limited universe of names to participate in an international publicity program to promote certain quality consumer products that retail for a lot more.

Do I have to pay additional money when the item is delivered?

No. The only price you ever pay for your merchandise is the price listed on the message you received. It's a one time payment with no hidden costs of any kind.

How can I get in touch with Crown Imports?

Write to us at Crown Imports, North American Data Entry Headquarters, P.O. Box 9056, Hicksville, NY 11802, USA or you can e-mail us at email==customerservice@5staroutlet.comcustomerservice@5staroutlet.com=customerservice@5staroutlet.comcustomerservice@5staroutlet.com/email. Click here to find out which exciting and valuable product will be yours!!

Terms and Conditions

TERMS AND CONDIDITONS FOR CASH AND UNCLAIMED MERCHANDISE ENTITLEMENT

This CASH AND merchandise offer is being made to a select group of international mail ORDER buyers 18 years of age or older. Each individual who responds by June 30, 2007 will be purchasing one of the items offered herein ONE BANK CASHIER�S CHECK FOR $2,741.58, ONE Sony 61" Projection TV, ONE Apple MAC Computer 400MH (including printer, key pad, and mouse), One canon 35MM camera, One weber gas barbeque grill, one of two braun coffee makers, one GENUINE ruby & opal 24k gold NECKLACE, one bosch dishwasher, one compaq personal computer, one grundig world band radio, one sanyo compact disc player, one sterling silver tea set, one seimens dehumidifier, one of two cuisinart food processors, one hoover upright vacuum cleaner, one sony camcorder, one whirlpool washer and dryer, one of two black & decker toaster ovens, one sony watchman pocket color tv, and paretti diamond jewelry collection. THESE ITEMS will be offered for sale FOR EACH ADVERTISING PROMOTION THAT IS RELEASED AS A PUBLICITY EFFORT TO GAIN NEW CUSTOMERS. the item each respondent is entitled to purchase has been determined by his/her preselected UNIQUE i.d. number. all items listed are not prIZES or gifts as it is PART OF an intentional publicity program and therefore IT IS a mechandise offering and not a sweepstakes, PRIZE DRAW OR contest. to find out in advance of purchase which item the identificaiton number on the offering circular entitles you to receive, send your name, address and identification number as it appears on the email message, along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope (make sure to include adequate postage for international air-mail) to Crown Imports, P.O. Box 9056, Hicksville, NY 11802, USA. or you may CLICK oN a LINK as described in the faq section. unsold items will not be distributed. sponsor reserves the right to substitute items of comparable monetary value (or the equivalent value in u.s. dollars) for those listed. NO LIABILITY CAN BE ACCEPTED FOR LOST, INCOMPLETE OR DELAYED RELEASE FORMS. TAXES ARE SOLE RESPONSIBLILITY OF CASH OR MERCHANDISE RECIPIENTS. @ 2001 Crown Imports all rights reserved.

And last, here is a screen shot of the email

[imgfa86b6fdad]http/" alt=""/img469.imageshack.us/img="469/3817/untitlednx3.th.jpg[" alt=""/imgfa86b6fdad][=http//img="469.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitlednx3.jpg][imgfa86b6fdad]http/" alt=""/img469.imageshack.us/img="469/3817/untitlednx3.th.jpg[" alt=""/imgfa86b6fdad]

TFOAF

09-11-2006 20:16:29

Uhh...

Have you signed up for a thing called FreeLotto.com?

That's where the email came from.

zr2152

09-11-2006 20:18:10

yeah i believe i did and i know that all they want is my credit card number. If unsubscribed like 3 times from them but i keep getting emails from them

OldManWrigley

09-11-2006 20:19:26

Spam. Delete and move on.

zr2152

09-11-2006 20:21:37

[quote43dfb2cdd3="OldManWrigley"]Spam. Delete and move on.[/quote43dfb2cdd3]

yeah, thats what i figured but im suprised that it didnt go to my junk mail folder. Usually my school is really good about filtering spam. Weird.