A question pertaining to cookies

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=48021

mistertomlinson

05-11-2006 00:37:17

I don't know if this is the right place for this question, but if anyone knows exacty how cookies work, please read and help me! I signed up for Blockbuster for a Niutech site about 2 months ago and haven't gotten credit. The problem after entering my credit card info and clicking submit the page began loading... and just sit there. I gave it a few minutes knowing it could screw up the crediting system if I closed the page. Well, I finally gave up and closed my browser. I later went to the Blockbuster site and signed in and sure enough, I was a customer and all of my card info had been accepted and processed. Does this effect the cookie? Will I be getting credit. As I explained, I never got to the "Thank you for your order" page and I was under the impression this was the point of the process where the cookie would be "seeded." Please help.

mistertomlinson

06-11-2006 14:13:11

For Christ's sake... anybody?

tylerc

06-11-2006 14:17:39

Google is your friend.

TFOAF

06-11-2006 14:18:24

lol. Two months ago, no way. P

If they accept no-credit requests from two months ago, then you're in luck.

VrExe

06-11-2006 14:19:58

It's kind of hard to get an answer out of those kinds of questions.

The results may vary depending on users. Some get it, some end up having trouble. Your better off calling the actual companies involved if you want this to get resolved that badly.

mistertomlinson

06-11-2006 15:24:37

1 - I did google it... I couldn't find an article explaining how cookies work in this exact situation (they didn't specify when the cookies would be placed on your computer during checkout when being referred by a company... yada yada), unless I wanted to spend a good hour. 2 - I was pretty sure there are tons of people who are very educated in the way of this freebie shit and know exactly how these particular "referral" cookies, if you will, work. Maybe I was wrong. 3 - What does the length of time since offer completion have to do with anything? I've gotten credit for offers that were completed long ago before... no problem.