Real Rhapsody? Got instant credit.. but I can't use it!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4795

adenosine

16-01-2005 21:02:48

I just signed up for Real Rhapsody (30$ for 3 month trial). It gave me my offer credit instantly, but when I log in the program, it says that my account is 'Preview Only' and I can't listen to any more than 30 seconds of any song?

WTF? That's full price for the service, and I can't listen? are they charging me 30 bux just do download the thing and have it on my comp for 3 months? I'm getting bored of my song collection on my comp, and wanted to try one of these streaming services out... but I don't get this.

Anybody else had this happen to them?

Collateral

16-01-2005 21:03:44

Call them

adenosine

16-01-2005 21:07:48

I went on there support site to the 'contact us' thing, and all I could do is send them an email. They said they'd reply to me in 1-2 business days. Can you find a phone number for them?

Collateral

16-01-2005 21:11:32

Oh, I searched for one but came up empty. Sorry. I guess you'll have to wait for them to email you back.

adenosine

18-01-2005 07:07:03

Finally found a phone number and called them up this morning. Turns out my CC didn't go through, despite the fact that I got a confirmation email before saying everything was cool.

Listening to it right now... we'll see if it's worth shelling out 10 a month.

On a side note, I don't mind if you outsource your call center to India, Real, but hire people who can speak intelligible English. Cell Phone + Overseas + Accent = hard to tell what anybody is saying.

zed2004

18-01-2005 08:09:15

yea..the english for some of the reps still needs a lot of work. i hear a lot about these outsourced offices shelling out money to train the employees, but 80% of the time I still catch someone with broken english.

crapbot

18-01-2005 18:21:47

[quote14c968b7ac="adenosine"]
On a side note, I don't mind if you outsource your call center to India, Real, but hire people who can speak intelligible English. Cell Phone + Overseas + Accent = hard to tell what anybody is saying.[/quote14c968b7ac]

Dude, seriously! I called them to cancel my account and I could barely understand the guy.

Drex

19-01-2005 00:56:44

^Damn that sucks I still have to kill my acct... Is it as bad as talking to people who work for Dell on the phone?? I got a drunk white guy (REALLY) one day for tech help and some indian (DOT TYPE) for billing and couldnt make out wtf they were talking about ...."ENGLISH MOTHER F'ER, DO YOU SPEAK IT???"