Science Fair Topics!!! Arg!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=47903

TigerShark

01-11-2006 17:44:13

Hey y'all, Im currently taking an Advanced Science class at a local highschool since I must re-take it (and make better grades) to enable me to get into a college class that I couldn't previously get into this year. Anyway all students have to participate in the provincial science fair thing in March/April......it's pretty gay considering I already technically graduated from highschool and got my highschool diploma. But its for the best in the end....apparently you need high grades in this particular Adv. Science class to get into a computer programming/engineering class at college these days.

Anyone have a good topic w/ scientific purpose and hypothesis??

Previous highschool (10-12) science fair project idea's will be helpful also, I can always make someone's idea more challenging for a better grade...

If you have a sweet A+ science fair idea/project do tell )

+2 Karma for every awsome idea that I'll actually be able to use. But you've actually had to have had some sucess with this project/tried it if it's say, a grade 10 project....advance science classes are well...meant to be advanced.

Any other possible idea's are welcome.

PS Im not looking for you to outline the whole project to me, I just need a basic concept of possibilites that I can do....I thought someone would have a good idea here of all places )

Jams44

01-11-2006 18:08:21

http//www.wired.com/news/technology/gizmos/0,72006-0.html?tw=rss.technology

TigerShark

01-11-2006 18:11:16

dude I cant build a robot...it has to be scientific...if I did build a robot it would have to be with my own personal blueprints, and I am not a robot builder lol.

But thanks for the contribution...+1 Karma for you for effort ;)

Dave82

02-11-2006 01:54:48

ugh, school help.

Okay i think for high school thermodynamics is good.
So something with insulators. Boil water on the stove and pour it into a can. Record the temperature. 2 minutes later record the temperature.
Then repeat several, each time having some form of insulation around the can (newspaper, attic insulation, styrofoam, cotton cloth).
see which was the best insulator (the one with the least delta T)

You can make all kinds of graphs, charts, diagrams etc.
It;s an easy experiment and the topic gives you room to throw good concepts into a report.

i thought of that on my own for my science fair but ended up doing soemthing complicated to impress the judges, which it did. But this exp will get you what you need. pm me if you need advice.