Fucking eBay scammers

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=47610

tylerc

25-10-2006 14:10:16

http//cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130040655000

I had a BIN on my PSP at $200.

Some jackass who is no longer a registered user bought it now.

I got an e-mail from the buyer, whose name is Nwafka Innocent, and this is what it says

[quote94cbe64dbb]Hello,
I need to send a surprise gift to my Son who went on a course Overseas in (Nigeria) and his birth is coming up this months and luckily i came across your item,as i see that your item is in good condition for that.I will be making the payment through Paypal.kindly send me your Paypal Account Email Address Or Your Invoice,So i can make out your payment immediately & Paypal will notify you of my payment as soon as it has been comfirmed by them & your paypal account will be credited as soon as possible.let me know how much it will cost you in shiping the item to my Son in NIGERIA Using the courier service Royalmail Or Parcelforce Global Express (EMS) & send me the total amount for the item including the shiping cost to Nigeria.So i can make out payment Immediately.I choose the Postal Service Is safe Cheaper & Affordable. Make sure you get the package ready for shipment, You can ship the item as soon as you recieve the paypal confirmation.Please mail me now Cause it`s urgently needed.
awaiting your fast reply.[/quote94cbe64dbb]

I know that's a scam, and then I replied

[quote94cbe64dbb]I only send items to the address listed on the PayPal account. I also only ship to the United States only, not Nigeria, these terms are listed in the auction itself. If you want your son to have the PSP, that is your choice, but it is your responsibility to send the PSP to Nigeria, not mine. [/quote94cbe64dbb]

I'm going to have to relist this, and it cost me $6 to list it the first time, is there anything I can do to get the fees back?

topbillin1

25-10-2006 14:14:52

I had the same problem yesterday selling my psp on ebay. I decided to just keep the darn thing.

You have to send the email= to email=spoof@ebay.comspoof@ebay.com to email=spoof@ebay.comspoof@ebay.com/email then you have to file a non-bidder complaint, you can only file the complaint after the required number of days which is think is either 10 or 14.

WhyPayItsFree

25-10-2006 14:17:11

That sucks..

Don't you have an option to claim the listing fees within 45days If buyer refuses to buy ?

KeithA

25-10-2006 14:23:04

I'm pretty sure they only waive the final value fee; as it was explained to me once, the listing fee is equivalent to what you would have paid for a classified ad. To me, the difference with classified ads is that there is no rigid system that precludes a successful transaction the way a fraudulent BIN or similar fraud does.

topbillin1

25-10-2006 14:29:04

Ebay's system is all messed up since these scammers do this all the time and we have to wait for such a long time to get the final listing free waived (mines is $8.97) These scammers are pretty obvious in their approach and Ebay don't even block international bidders from bidding on Domestic items....

TryinToGetPaid

25-10-2006 14:35:09

Yeah, ebay does need to clean up its acts with all of these Nigerians and scammers. It is the main reason I do not use ebay, and if I do, I use my girlfriends moms power seller account, where these types of things do not happen.

hehehhehe

25-10-2006 14:40:17

You should always state in your auctions that you will only ship to confirmed addresses in the US. I always put that and I've never had these kinds of problems before. It lets them know that their little scams will not work on you.

unlabeledbooze

25-10-2006 15:19:42

eBay has a 20-cent sale on all listings, whether auction-style or fixed price for October 25

unknown uchiha

25-10-2006 15:32:54

Bait him like they did with P-P-P-Powerbook and at TheScamBaiter...

Send his ass a Pee-SP