Question about Food and Safety.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=47508

TryinToGetPaid

23-10-2006 09:25:54

I was fixing to bite into a Honey Bun, but before I did I noticed it had hairs on it. Hairs as in mold. So I go down stairs to get another one, and they all have mold on them. They are all individually wrapped, with no expiration date. Is there anything I can do against this company? They do not have a phone number listed on the box, so currently I am looking them up to call them and give them a piece of me ole mind.

doylnea

23-10-2006 09:27:14

You could, I dunno, throw the box out, take a deep breath, and not be so litigious...I'm just saying.

TryinToGetPaid

23-10-2006 09:28:03

Yeah, but if I would have eaten a green colored hairy honey bun....

CollidgeGraduit

23-10-2006 09:29:52

[quote04a04bb758="TryinToGetPaid"]Yeah, but if I would have eaten a green colored hairy honey bun....[/quote04a04bb758]

Then we would ask you why you didn't look at your food. Just take it back to the store, and I'm sure they'll give you a refund.

Veek

23-10-2006 09:39:50

Food goes bad. Inspect it before you eat it. I don't even rely on expiration dates.

TryinToGetPaid

23-10-2006 09:41:20

But it is not the store's fault, it is the company who makes these delicious treats.

Anyone hungry?

They do not have an expiration date and I know that does not mean they last forever. But if the box was bought last week, and the box is almost full of honey buns -- they could not be that old.

YourGiftsFree

23-10-2006 09:42:41

Yummy

CollidgeGraduit

23-10-2006 09:52:37

[quotea174486227="TryinToGetPaid"]But it is not the store's fault, it is the company who makes these delicious treats.

Anyone hungry?

They do not have an expiration date and I know that does not mean they last forever. But if the box was bought last week, and the box is almost full of honey buns -- they could not be that old.[/quotea174486227]

Typically when merchandise is faulty, you return it from the place from which you purchased it. You aren't a direct customer of the producer's, so it would be difficult to get something from them. You bought it from the store, so take it back to the store. They are responsible for giving you a refund, and then they would go after the manufacturer for a credit on their end.

TryinToGetPaid

23-10-2006 09:54:04

It is not worth the gas money to drive to the store, I guess what really got me is with all these faulty foods - Spinach, Lettuce, and now Egg Salad? I thought companies would be more cautious, but I guess I was wrong.

egyptianruin

23-10-2006 10:14:10

Also it depends where the buns were sitting. I always keep my yeast products, bread, rolls, etc. in the fridge because my kitchen is humid and mold grows faster. Take it back to the store, they will exchange them for you. I dropped a 12 pack of coke once on my sidewalk and took it back to the store and exchanged it, lol.

dmorris68

23-10-2006 10:25:14

Yeah, the store will take care of you (or they should). It could have been moldy when you bought it.

But honestly, mold ain't such a big deal. I've eaten more of it than I can remember, and nothing litwitchli ever happened to me litwitchli.

In the old days (when I was growing up), we used to scrape the mold off cheese before we ate it -- we were taught that cheese isn't properly aged until mold starts growing on it. ;)

Like they said, food goes bad. It happens.

CollidgeGraduit

23-10-2006 10:25:38

[quotedd88680131="TryinToGetPaid"]It is not worth the gas money to drive to the store, I guess what really got me is with all these faulty foods - Spinach, Lettuce, and now Egg Salad? I thought companies would be more cautious, but I guess I was wrong.[/quotedd88680131]

Food going bad isn't a new thing.. you should at least call the store to let them know, so they can inspect the other buns that are out there.

Dave82

23-10-2006 11:15:53

i can absolutely understand how grossed out you must feel.
If you decide to take it back to the store i hope you would be nice about it though. It might not be their fault. But it is good to alert it to their attention so they can take the ones off the shelf. And if it is a problem with the way it is/was stored then might bring it to their attention.

I once got a moldy bagel from a coffee shop. Unlike you, i noticed AFTER i had taken a bite (it was on the inside). I felt really grossed out and angry. But i was nice about it even though i felt like puking.

manOFice

23-10-2006 11:20:08

That my friend is nasttttty

samz465

23-10-2006 12:07:02

Speaking of which, I was starving this morning and went to put up a sign at the store (since its eid, its my holiday so i was putting up a sign that said we were closed today) anyway i ws like "why not get pizza" but instead i got a candy bar from a newly opened Card store.

I open the candy as im sitting in the car on the way home...Guess whts inside.

A FUCKING MAGGOT!

I almost threw up.

IT was soooo nasty.

Ironically this happened to my friend last week w a hersheys bar..

I dont think i can eat candy anymore now...Im so sad and on top of thta i lost my appetite...so pissed.

guelah75

23-10-2006 13:23:00

[quote92f35e8a40="egyptianruin"]Also it depends where the buns were sitting. I always keep my yeast products, bread, rolls, etc. in the fridge because my kitchen is humid and mold grows faster. Take it back to the store, they will exchange them for you. I dropped a 12 pack of coke once on my sidewalk and took it back to the store and exchanged it, lol.[/quote92f35e8a40]

not good to keep baked goods in the fridge, you should keep them in the freezer until you plan to use them.

about the Buns, I wouldn't even worry about it, what did they cost you 2 bucks? Find another use for them, like throwing them at classmates or something like that, or out the car window...you know have some fun with those buns!