Should i buy ChristinaAguilera presale ticket 2 sell on Ebay

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=47356

Dave82

19-10-2006 12:49:42

My university is offering us the opportunity to buy Christina Aguilera tickets before they go in sale. Last year my friend bought presale tickets and they sold on ebay for 3 fold two weeks before the show.

Anyone know about the demand for this artist? Because i remember i was going to do this with COldplay, but decided against it because tickets werent selling out elsewhere. It was a good decision because the ones on ebay did not sell. But i'm not sure if there is a craze or not for Christina Aguilera. I know she has a new CD out.... but the concert is in April 2007.

Here is the info
Christina Aguilera
Wolstein Center at CSU, Cleveland, OH
Fri, Apr 13, 2007 0730 PM
With special guests Pussycat Dolls and Danity Kane

Also.... obviously selling tickets on ebay for more than the price is illegal. But if i was selling "Christina Aguilera tickets, CD, shirt, and poster" would that be illegal???

betterthancandy

19-10-2006 12:51:09

uh definatly....
its not illegal since its an auction and people are offering you those prices...

x323smostwantedx

19-10-2006 12:52:18

Yup, buy em dude

Dave82

19-10-2006 12:53:32

i dont know.....

noob right guys?

Myabe if i made it an auction no just for the tickets, THEN it is okay. But i thought you cannot sell a ticket for any price higher than the printed value on it. I could be wrong though.

Dave82

19-10-2006 12:54:41

[quote2269847bcf="x323smostwantedx"]Yup, buy em dude[/quote2269847bcf]

But i dont know if this artist is popular enough that they will sell for atleast what i paid for. I hear her on the radio and i know she has a new cd out. But the concert is not until April 2007. So i do not know if her hype will be worn off by then?

I was gonna try this idea with Coldplay, but my instincts say no because they had not had a new cd out in a while when they came to cleveland. I was right that time. I dont know how popular Christina is. I know a lot of younger people like her, i just do no want to get stuck with these tickets and loose money come April.

justinag06

19-10-2006 13:07:08

then don't buy them. If you aren't fairly certain your concert is going to sell out and you will be able to scalp the tickets for enough money to make it worth while shelling out the money on them so early, then don't do it.

I do this from time to time, and I find the best way to do it is just max out on a good concert. Get a couple of CC's, your girlfriends, and buy the max tickets you can for a really good show.

Dave82

19-10-2006 13:10:58

[quoteec9ee7d825="justinag06"]then don't buy them. If you aren't fairly certain your concert is going to sell out and you will be able to scalp the tickets for enough money to make it worth while shelling out the money on them so early, then don't do it.[/quoteec9ee7d825]

Does anyone else have any info on recent previous ticket sales for Christina Aguilera or know where i can look up previous sales?

Something inside of me is telling me to get them.

Oh and i have the presale password for the wolstein center tickets if anyone wants it. I havnt looked into the form, but i dont think it asks for your student id number, just the password that was emailed to the students.

x323smostwantedx

19-10-2006 13:13:09

I say get em since Danity Kane is a new group that many people like and they havent really been on tour. Pussycat Dolls have a lot of fans also. How much r the tickets selling for? And how close?

GCY

19-10-2006 13:17:35

if u get them, ur not planning on selling them now right?
I suggest waiting till a few weeks b4 the concert. If they sell out, ur in lucky, if not oh well. U might still maybe a profit.

Dave82

19-10-2006 13:26:12

Oh i def will wait until a few weeks before the concert, i'm not stupid.

Here is the seating/price info they provide (very limited, which makes me nervous)

$85.00 USD
$70.00 USD
$55.00 USD

Best Available
LOWER LEVEL SEATING
MAIN FLOOR
UPPER LEVEL SEATING

UPPER LEVEL SEATING
US $55.00 - US $85.00

LOWER LEVEL SEATING
US $55.00 - US $85.00

MAIN FLOOR
US $85.00

Dave82

19-10-2006 13:28:29

Here is the seating chart

http//www.csuohio.edu/wolsteincenter/SEATINGDIAG.html

I believe it is the last image at the bottom

ACK ACK! I need advice! I cant reply on the fact though that there are younger people on this forum that will vouch she is popular. Different artists to better in different cities i imagine. Cleveland is VERY big on music and concerts though.

What do you all think?? I would have to buy a pair of tickets, obviously. If i got the $85.00 x2 = 170 + tax = $183.60 + ebay listing fees and paypal fees + ticketmaster fees = [b81bfe3e98d]about $200[/b81bfe3e98d]

Gigante

19-10-2006 13:59:54

How would Christina, Pussycat Dolls and Danity Kane not sell?
Christina has had a huge comeback. PCD have had numerous number 1's and were just on tour with the Black Eyed Peas. Danity Kane has new CD and a good fan base.