I find this hilarious.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=46847

TFOAF

08-10-2006 10:44:33

http//adequacy.org/public/stories/2001.12.2.42056.2147.html

Stupid parents of children who have no idea what they're talking about. [when it comes to computers]

Labtec-Jay

08-10-2006 10:57:39

I find the gullible people who think this is real, hillarious as well.

icy

08-10-2006 11:39:18

I am running lunix.

J4320

08-10-2006 11:39:28

Yeah I've seen that before. It's a really funny read. lol

zdub08

08-10-2006 11:57:23

isn't it a joke?

freaky1718

08-10-2006 12:27:02

lmao wtf is Quake if it is wat they say it is sign me up woot hoo

freaky1718

08-10-2006 12:27:56

no it isnt /

CollidgeGraduit

08-10-2006 12:43:04

You had to ask if it was a joke? It's obviously satire. Read the FAQ...

[quote6841f75fdd]
[b6841f75fdd]Is this site some sort of joke ?[/b6841f75fdd]

Why in God's name are you asking if this is a joke? Consider the two possible answers
# Yes, it is a joke. Most people got it, but not you. No, you had to say "hmm... it's ludicrous, over the top and deliberately self contradictory, might it be a joke?" Of course it's a joke you ninnyhammer, did you even read the article?
# No, it's not a joke. You pompous arrogant piece of shit. Does your ludicrous self-worship not allow you to believe that people might actually disagree with you? I can't believe you. Get a clue already - you aren't the fount of wisdom and there are other people out there with differing opinions.

Clearly you can see that asking if this is a joke is merely inviting abuse. Now, don't you wish you hadn't asked?[/quote6841f75fdd]

dmorris68

08-10-2006 12:47:20

This has to be a joke. I was buying it as just another ill-informed parent thing, until I kept reading.

[quotebf4016dd79]Popular hacker software includes "Comet Cursor", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash".

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.

5. How much time does your child spend using the computer each day?

If your son spends more than thirty minutes each day on the computer, he may be using it to DOS other peoples sites. DOSing involves gaining access to the "command prompt" on other people's machines, and using it to tie up vital internet services. This can take up to eight hours. If your son is doing this, he is breaking the law, and you should stop him immediately. The safest policy is to limit your children's access to the computer to a maximum of forty-five minutes each day.

6. Does your son use Quake?

Quake is an online virtual reality used by hackers. It is a popular meeting place and training ground, where they discuss hacking and train in the use of various firearms. Many hackers develop anti-social tendencies due to the use of this virtual world, and it may cause erratic behaviour at home and at school.

If your son is using Quake, you should make hime understand that this is not acceptable to you. You should ensure all the firearms in your house are carefully locked away, and have trigger locks installed. You should also bring your concerns to the attention of his school. [/quotebf4016dd79]

etc. etc. No way that's a genuine article. I know people can be stupid, but c'mon... that's so far over the top it's got to be put-on.

[bbf4016dd79]Edit[/bbf4016dd79] Yeah, what CG said. oops

JordanE

08-10-2006 12:56:13

I read this like a year and a half ago. Funny though.

zdub08

08-10-2006 17:14:56

[quote7075b5423d="CollidgeGraduit"]You had to ask if it was a joke? It's obviously satire. Read the FAQ...

[quote7075b5423d]
[b7075b5423d]Is this site some sort of joke ?[/b7075b5423d]

Why in God's name are you asking if this is a joke? Consider the two possible answers
# Yes, it is a joke. Most people got it, but not you. No, you had to say "hmm... it's ludicrous, over the top and deliberately self contradictory, might it be a joke?" Of course it's a joke you ninnyhammer, did you even read the article?
# No, it's not a joke. You pompous arrogant piece of shit. Does your ludicrous self-worship not allow you to believe that people might actually disagree with you? I can't believe you. Get a clue already - you aren't the fount of wisdom and there are other people out there with differing opinions.

Clearly you can see that asking if this is a joke is merely inviting abuse. Now, don't you wish you hadn't asked?[/quote7075b5423d][/quote7075b5423d]
thanks ass, i only said it cause tfoaf made it sound real

Wolfeman

08-10-2006 17:22:08

Old and obviously fake. Still amusing...

Allen626

08-10-2006 19:20:40

I think I read this like 5 years ago. Literally. I usually don't post and say old but damn.

CollidgeGraduit

08-10-2006 19:27:15

[quotee7fadb73d4="zdub08"][quotee7fadb73d4="CollidgeGraduit"]You had to ask if it was a joke? It's obviously satire. Read the FAQ...

[quotee7fadb73d4]
[be7fadb73d4]Is this site some sort of joke ?[/be7fadb73d4]

Clearly you can see that asking if this is a joke is merely inviting abuse. Now, don't you wish you hadn't asked?[/quotee7fadb73d4][/quotee7fadb73d4]
thanks ass, i only said it cause tfoaf made it sound real[/quotee7fadb73d4]

No problem. I'm saving the world, one intarnetz user at a time. playful

Aurelius

08-10-2006 19:45:30

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.

HAHAHA.... Since when are computer chips made in sweatshops?

DIABLO

08-10-2006 20:00:29

[quote584e12b1e6]deleting Windows, at which point you will have to have your computer repaired by a professional. [/quote584e12b1e6]

OMG THE DISC LOADED HOW DO I CLICK INSTALL?!?!?!

lol Lunix

h3x

08-10-2006 20:13:50

I've read this one before.. It's pretty funny the first read-through..

jadem

09-10-2006 05:28:13

The site it was posted on is "written by trolls for trolls."

http//everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1172543