My history teacher is awesome!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=46734

Gooogler

05-10-2006 19:16:50

I have to write a paper on 1 of 2 books that were assigned this summer but the books I read didn't fit the rubric too well so I asked her if I could write mine on the censorship of Huck Finn despite it's portrayal or anti-racist themes, here is the email she wrote me back.

Btw The outline was supposed to be due today P

[quote0a5b65a6d7]Hi CJ,

I think that is a fascinating topic!

Let me know if you need more time to develop you ideas. If you don't turn in your sentence outline until Monday, that's all right with me.

Best wishes,
Mrs. Pearce
[/quote0a5b65a6d7]

How awesome is that? And this is an [i0a5b65a6d7]AP[/i0a5b65a6d7] class!

unknown uchiha

05-10-2006 19:18:25

My AP Government teacher was like this

lidoing testli

liI raise my handli

"Teacher! Is this question right?"

Teacher "Let me see, no THIS one is the right answer!"

=====
We attach a tampon to this guy's paper

Teacher "Okay, who did this? This has to stop! PERIOD!"

lmao

TryinToGetPaid

05-10-2006 19:18:49

"Let me know if you need more time to develop your ideas."

I can see why she doesn't teach English.

J4320

05-10-2006 19:29:39

Last year when I was in Chemistry, after I finished my quiz, I took it up to her to ask her a question on a certain problem. By the time we were done talking, she had told me what I got wrong and what all of the right answers were.

Our class would complain about how hard the unit was so she let us use the books on 95% of the tests we took. The class was also college level Chemistry. P

There was another teacher who taught the same class and he was super strict so the kids from that class complained and soon she had to harden up on us. Too bad there was only a week of class left by the time she had to get more strict. lol

Now that I think back on that year, I don't really remember anything from that class. I was amazed at how lax the teacher was.

Kidd

05-10-2006 19:30:45

why did you italicizes (sp?) the word ap

ap classes arent that hard and your just trying to make yourself look smart but emphasizing it.

OldManWrigley

05-10-2006 19:32:09

No I think he was emphasizing the fact that his teacher was cool and not a strict tight ass and he gave away answers in an AP class

tylerc

05-10-2006 19:32:43

No kidding, I am in AP psychology right now and it is a joke.

My friend is in AP calculus and he said it's really hard, same with a lot of my friends in AP comp.

Gooogler

05-10-2006 19:53:34

[quoteb9839f0507="OldManWrigley"]No I think he was emphasizing the fact that his teacher was cool and not a strict tight ass and he gave away answers in an AP class[/quoteb9839f0507]

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head. wink

Aurelius

05-10-2006 19:58:34

AP Psyc is probably the easiest AP next to Euro. I have Psych right now as well and It's my easiest class so far. The hard AP's from hardest on down are AP Physics > AP Chem > AP Computer Science (The FRQ is killer...) > AP Calculus BC...

I'm only taking three this year because I'm not crazy like some of my friends. AP English, AP US History, and AP Psychology. Physics Honors instead of AP Chem because I hate science and PreCalc Honors to set me up for AP Calculus next year. Keep in mind as well that many of the highly ranked colleges demand a 5 if you want college credit for the AP class. Passing an AP exam is pretty simple but getting that elusive 5 isn't so easy. And to all the people who bash the students who take lots of Honors and AP classes, getting into a good college from a school like mine where most people have lots of weighted classes demands a pretty crazy schedule. I would much rather be out with friends playing sports and such but I think the future is worth more than having fun now.

syriandoode

05-10-2006 20:02:09

my history teacher is like

"the most important moment during the battle of Troy was when Orlando Bloom shot Brad Pitt in the ankle with his bow"

fookin hilarious

geej86

05-10-2006 20:03:33

[quote1281b5ae55="syriandoode"]my history teacher is like

"the most important moment during the battle of Troy was when Orlando Bloom shot Brad Pitt in the ankle with his bow"

fookin hilarious[/quote1281b5ae55]

lmao!

h3x

05-10-2006 20:15:51

[quote8bbed7da5c="Gooogler"]I have to write a paper on 1 of 2 books that were assigned this summer but the books I read didn't fit the rubric too well so I asked her if I could write mine on the censorship of Huck Finn despite it's portrayal or anti-racist themes, here is the email she wrote me back.

Btw The outline was supposed to be due today P

[quote8bbed7da5c]Hi CJ,

I think that is a fascinating topic!

Let me know if you need more time to develop you ideas. If you don't turn in your sentence outline until Monday, that's all right with me.

Best wishes,
Mrs. Pearce
[/quote8bbed7da5c]

How awesome is that? And this is an [i8bbed7da5c]AP[/i8bbed7da5c] class![/quote8bbed7da5c]

Your teacher wants you.

TFOAF

05-10-2006 20:21:18

[quoteec43623629="unknown uchiha"]My AP Government teacher was like this

lidoing testli

liI raise my handli

"Teacher! Is this question right?"

Teacher "Let me see, no THIS one is the right answer!"

=====
We attach a tampon to this guy's paper

Teacher "Okay, who did this? This has to stop! PERIOD!"

lmao[/quoteec43623629]

Hah. That was like my Geology teacher. rofl. She also put the same question like 5 times on the same test...literally...same question, same choices if it was a multiple choice question. rofl

nobody2000

05-10-2006 21:38:01

[quoted65052e77f="Kidd"]why did you italicizes (sp?) the word ap

ap classes arent that hard and your just trying to make yourself look smart but emphasizing it.[/quoted65052e77f]

Making a broad generalization like "AP classes aren't hard" shows that you are REALLY smart

jadem

06-10-2006 09:07:40

We didn't have AP classes when I was in high school... cry

good2speed

06-10-2006 10:50:42

lol @ Ap classes wait till you get to college.

Still get take home tests. One psych class we used to get to class like 10 minutes early and since answers were scantron we use to just exchange scantrons across the room. Professor walked into the room and wed still be sending scantrons across the room. As an added bonus the prof graded the scantrons by hand and if you were present you could convince her easily that you really meant to fill in b but must have put d instead. Basically you had to be corky to not get an A in that class.

Gets better after college as well

Working in [bf12f8cb40f][if12f8cb40f]corporate[/if12f8cb40f][/bf12f8cb40f] environment

Spent the entire day playing billiards at the office. Yes we had a pool table at the office along with ping pong tables. Get back to my desk at like 330 -4 and pretty much missed all assignments and responsibilities for that day they paid me for. Expecting some kind of punishment or even firing but instead they tell me that everyone makes mistake and that its ok. shock

I have more stories and I'm sure Dmorris has his too. Funny the older you get the more responsibilites you have but in a way you aren't bound too any schedules. You can make your own. In HS the state and yor parents pretty much make you go.

doylnea

06-10-2006 11:05:50

[quote093d5b7294="good2speed"]I have more stories and I'm sure Dmorris has his too. Funny the older you get the more responsibilites you have but in a way you aren't bound too any schedules. You can make your own. In HS the state and yor parents pretty much make you go.[/quote093d5b7294]

yeah, I'll bet his will involve being a responsible employee...unlike yours.

Godrockdj

06-10-2006 11:19:40

I took AP English, US Gov, and Spanish in hs and was glad I did. Enabled me to skip a lot of beginning courses at college.

btrose

06-10-2006 11:24:52

My AP history class was crazy hard. My teacher scaled our grades(competition based too, asshole.) because the class would average about a 65. I only ended up with a 3 on the exam, but the class was just a huge work load. I remember just staying home all weekend to read the text book and take notes. I guess it really depends on where you are and who your teacher is.
I took AP Composition last year too, I got a 4 on that exam. It does kind of suck never knowing what little thing you did wrong that got you a 4 and not that big ol' 5.

good2speed

06-10-2006 12:21:52

[quotedcf8cbf476="doylnea"][quotedcf8cbf476="good2speed"]I have more stories and I'm sure Dmorris has his too. Funny the older you get the more responsibilites you have but in a way you aren't bound too any schedules. You can make your own. In HS the state and yor parents pretty much make you go.[/quotedcf8cbf476]

yeah, I'll bet his will involve being a responsible employee...unlike yours.[/quotedcf8cbf476]

responsible employee? HMM your right I'm not. I mean I work as a consultant so I advise as needed and all the clients I have worked for have had positive feedback. I don't work directly for said company and am only consluting so my loyalty may vary from day to day. Bottom line I get the work done and often if not all the time meet all expected deadlines based on business requirements and needs. Do I spend everyday just sitting at my desk from 9-6 well no. I am naturally a move arounder who can't sit in one place for more than a few hours and need breaks from time to time. May be an extended lunch or time spent walking around a city just bs'ing. The laxness is reciprocated by the fact that I work long hours and if I goof off during the day it means I will have to work at night whether it be remotely or at my hotel.

Sorry if you feel hurt that I may have found ways to be lazy at times and still get away with it. But who cares I've earned the right to do so.

toiletpaper55

06-10-2006 13:02:57

ap classes are a joke, i got a 5 in govt and a 5 in world doing no work and using sterotypes, now im taking US

Dave82

06-10-2006 14:16:42

[quote4ffe863e4f="TFOAF"]
Hah. That was like my Geology teacher. rofl. She also put the same question like 5 times on the same test...literally...same question, same choices if it was a multiple choice question. rofl[/quote4ffe863e4f]

Wait until you get to college. They do this [b4ffe863e4f]purposely[/b4ffe863e4f] there. If they notice that the lecture hall or class looks a bit empty (usually a really nice, sunny day) then half the test will be from lecture THAT day. So make sure if you are going to cut a day in college you get notes from someone who takes good notes. I had a teacher literally put the same question 5 times in a row because only 12 people showed up for class that day. It sends a message.

I also had a teacher give us a study guide in the form of multiple choice (but not the answers). She did an experiment and gave the exact same study guide as the test. Not even the order was changed. She said the results were a bell curve exactly the same as an ordinary test.

Gooogler

06-10-2006 16:41:05

[quote33e50d87b6="toiletpaper55"]ap classes are a joke, i got a 5 in govt and a 5 in world doing no work and using sterotypes, now im taking US[/quote33e50d87b6]

If the teachers do only the bare curriculum they are, but mine adds all kinds of extra crap on (US hist.)

manOFice

06-10-2006 17:21:15

man I thought this topic was gonna be like "how cool is my teacher, she sucked my dick"

zdub08

06-10-2006 18:48:34

[quote9a4ba8afe9="toiletpaper55"]ap classes are a joke, i got a [b9a4ba8afe9]5[/b9a4ba8afe9] in govt and a [b9a4ba8afe9]5[/b9a4ba8afe9] in world [b9a4ba8afe9]doing no work[/b9a4ba8afe9] and using sterotypes, now im taking US[/quote9a4ba8afe9]
im pretty sure thats impossible..

YourGiftsFree

06-10-2006 18:51:57

In one of my classes awhile ago something like this happened.

Student AJ is a queer!
AJ what...
Teacher Well, yea he is a little different.

lol

KnightTrader

06-10-2006 20:15:45

History teachers tend to better then any other teachers ;/

jy3

07-10-2006 10:09:33

this got me thinking....i took AP classes .... a long time a go. i am so damn old.
Some people find all AP classes easy, other people are good in some of those subjects. I still remember the AP history test being unbelievably hard. calc was cake, bio i didnt study for b/c my college wouldnt accept the scores anyway, physics was easy, english i couldnt take b/c of a schedule conflict. i dont think any others existed. funny thing was i was an english major (though my interweb typing will not suggest so)

Killer722

07-10-2006 16:02:37

Heh, this summer, I had to read Theodore Rex for AP History II and Huck Finn for AP English. My history teacher is really cool, but my English teacher, although funny, is a HUGE BITCH. She's still cool though. She's a simpsons fan.

hovigga

07-10-2006 17:55:58

My eglish teacher last year.

Me talking to friend im fucked on this test I didnt study at all.

teacher dont say that word, and if you arent ready for the test, take it next week.

GiftMonsterKyle

08-10-2006 07:39:32

yeah I'm in AP Psych, AP Euro, AP Eng 12, AP Calc AB, and AP Chemistry. (lame schedule, but I get out at 100)

AP Psych is by far the easiest, we don't have to do shit in there. I have like a 99% with minimal effort.

AP Euro is pretty cool too and relatively easy.

Eng 12 and Chem are motherfuckers (but, the Chem teacher gives answers sometimes during quizzes, which is pretty cool). Fucking way too much work involved.

and I'm pretty good at math so Calc isn't too bad, but guaranteed homework everynight is no fun.

Overall though, I'm going to agree with the idea that AP classes aren't hard. Just a shitload of work is required to do well. Looking at it positively, I'm sure it's better prep for college.

Killer722

08-10-2006 08:23:21

[quoteda6fab4cfc="flip"]yeah I'm in AP Psych, AP Euro, AP Eng 12, AP Calc AB, and AP Chemistry. (lame schedule, but I get out at 100)

AP Psych is by far the easiest, we don't have to do shit in there. I have like a 99% with minimal effort.

AP Euro is pretty cool too and relatively easy.

Eng 12 and Chem are motherfuckers (but, the Chem teacher gives answers sometimes during quizzes, which is pretty cool). Fucking way too much work involved.

and I'm pretty good at math so Calc isn't too bad, but guaranteed homework everynight is no fun.

Overall though, I'm going to agree with the idea that AP classes aren't hard. Just a shitload of work is required to do well. Looking at it positively, I'm sure it's better prep for college.[/quoteda6fab4cfc]

I agree. AP History II, in my opinion, is easier than AP I and even the regular history... shrug

We get basically no homework.

English, sucks major balls. Much, much hatred.