Horrible school shootings in nearby Amish country

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=46620

Godrockdj

03-10-2006 06:19:13

In case you haven't heard, there have been 3 seperate school shootings across the country within this past week. Just yesterday one happened in, of all places, an Amish schoolhouse

http//www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/03/penn.shooter/index.html

The shooter apparently had some kind of grudge. In what will no doubt have Freudians going nuts for quite a while, he let the boys go and then the teachers and kept the 11 schoolgirls. 5 are now confirmed dead.

Jeorgius

03-10-2006 06:39:06

I'm lost for words with this (

ajasax

03-10-2006 10:16:27

Saw this happen as "breaking news" when it happened. I instantly thought of you GodRock since I knew you lived in PA. I never would have thought that this would happen in Amish country.
I just hope the media doesn't use this unusual scenario as an excuse to scare parents and schoolchildren even further with the tagline "it could happen in your school." I heard the shooter was trying to get back at his girlfriend for something shrug

Wolfeman

03-10-2006 10:41:24

What a sick fuck (

CollidgeGraduit

03-10-2006 10:43:06

http//www.clickondetroit.com/news/9988603/detail.html?treets=det&tml=det_natlbreak&ts=T&tmi=det_natlbreak_1_11500210032006

Pennsylvania state police now say Charles Carl Roberts IV, 32, confessed to his wife he had molested two young relatives two decades ago just before he killed five Amish children at a school in Bart, Pa, on Monday.

MyungChunHa

03-10-2006 10:51:36

Wow, what is going on with this country....I remember when I heard of the first shooting, I was horrified with the thought....Then a second one happened a few days later and it absolutely stunned me...Now a THIRD ONE, this is getting ridiculous, innocent children being slaughtered over what seems like petty grudges cry ....Tis' is a very sad day for this country....

theysayjump

03-10-2006 11:01:20

Yeah I couldn't believe it when I heard this yesterday. It's only about 35 miles from me and it's all over the new here. (

Apparently he had KY Jelly with him, tied the kids up and then shot them in the head. cry

These recent spates are only going to spur even more copycat killers.

zr2152

03-10-2006 11:03:22

We are learning about this kinda stuff In my Life Span development class , things in eary childhood (ages 2-6) that can make someone sick like this...most of these things arise because of how these killers are raised (not like "my daddy never loved me") but like the kind of parents that they had...pretty interesting shit.

It makes you think

Dave82

03-10-2006 11:26:46

I recently saw an indep film called Elephant about these kids. The movie follows the school day from the eyes of different kids and in the end one of the perspectives you saw was from these two boys that end up goign on a mass murder spree. Not the best movie, but it just made me realize how these kids had no idea something that gruesome was going to happen later in the day.

I am bothered by school shootings in general. [b59dc4c2ca2]For some reason though, it hit a deeper chord with me that it happened in Amish country. [/b59dc4c2ca2] I dont know why. Things like this would affect any location, but i feel like it was probably even more idfficult for them.

It is things like this that make me disappointed to be human.

hovigga

03-10-2006 13:01:50

[quoteee1a59629f="Dave82"][bee1a59629f]For some reason though, it hit a deeper chord with me that it happened in Amish country. [/bee1a59629f]
[/quoteee1a59629f]

Its not really all amish country. Most of the students that went there were amish, but its not that far at all from, "normal society" i guess you would say.

I live not to far from there as well and its just scary to think something like that can happen in your own backyard.

Lightliquid

03-10-2006 13:09:56

Ya I saw this at yahoo.

Dave82

03-10-2006 13:11:18

[quotee4745ab7bf="hovigga"][quotee4745ab7bf="Dave82"][be4745ab7bf]For some reason though, it hit a deeper chord with me that it happened in Amish country. [/be4745ab7bf]
[/quotee4745ab7bf]

Its not really all amish country. Most of the students that went there were amish, but its not that far at all from, "normal society" i guess you would say.

I live not to far from there as well and its just scary to think something like that can happen in your own backyard.[/quotee4745ab7bf]

I am in Ohio. We have Amish areas near hear. The part of Ohio i live in has a lot of new houses being built and many Amish workers. I have been to some of the Amish areas near here (Middlefield, Ohio) and they are absoluetly the nicest, most hard working individuals in my humble opinion. I say i could never live that type of lifestyle, but i definately respect it and at times completely understand their way.

I just cannot image anyone wanting shoot up a school (even if you were bullied etc). But i especially cannot understand shooting up an Amish area. What was this "vandetta" he claimed he had?

TFOAF

03-10-2006 15:00:19

Just heard that the other 5 students that were shot are in critical condition. (