leaving NEG ebay feedback

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=46529

Dave82

01-10-2006 07:38:32

So i won a couple auction from this one seller. When i received my package, one of the four items was missing. I politely contacted the seller via "Ask seller a question" button on the auction listing of the missing item. No respose. So i contacted them from the email address that my paypal payment was sent to. No response. I am gonna open a dispute, however i was waiting for a response etc and got very side tracked.

The sale date was [bd8a4035f40]AUG 03[/bd8a4035f40] and i wanna know when is the EXACT LAST DATE that i can leave feedback?? Is it 60 days? 60 days starting day of sale or day after sale??

I have to know the exactly last monent because i wanna leave them neg feedback, but they have not left me feedbacl yet and i dont want a retaliation negative feedback.

Thanks, +Karma

dmorris68

01-10-2006 08:04:59

Unfortunately retaliation feedback is quite common and probably unavoidable. I've been quite fortunate not to get any yet, but I'm sure I will at some point if I keey eBay'ing. And eBay is pretty ambivalent about it too, they won't do anything about retaliatory feedback.

I'd leave the feedback, and then if he retaliates, you can post rebuttal saying it was retaliatory. This should cause most people you deal with, at least those with any experience on eBay with knowledge of how retaliatory feedback works, to overlook the negative.

I wasn't aware of a time limit on feedback though.

Dave82

01-10-2006 08:23:24

Yes, there is a time limit. It is either 60 or 61 days.

A lot of sellers will wait until the buyer leaves feedback first. I think if you pay in full and on a timely manner, you should receive positive feedback. If there is a problem, then you should contact the seller BEFORE leaving negative feedback too.

DMorris - i bought four items from this person, if i leave one negative for the item that did not show up, them they will retaliate with four negatives most likely. If i make all four negatives, then they will definately leave four negatives.

Even though other ebayers will understand, it will still lower my percentage because i do not have a high number of transactions.

I wanna the last possible minute i can leave feedback for an Aug 3rd auction. The month of August has 31 days and September has 30 days. If i have 60 days exactly, then i have until 1159pm on what day???? I think it is today or tomorrow, but i wanna get it right. One day could mean the difference between burning them or me getting four burns

ilanbg

01-10-2006 08:43:36

If only person leaves multiple feedback, it will only count against you once (just so you know).

Anyway, it's possible this person doesn't log in tomorrow, in which case you'll be in the clear.

Just leave the negative feedback now and chance it; nothing else you can do.

hehehhehe

01-10-2006 09:58:59

Actually, you can leave feedback after 60 days (90 days). I am not sure why everybody thinks it's 60, maybe it's because of the My Ebay page which maxes out at 60... On my ebay account I still see a transaction from 7/10 which I can leave feedback for.

So if you were planning on leaving a neg and not expecting a neg in return, forget about it. You should've opened up a dispute earlier, as you basically did not receive the items you ordered.

OldManWrigley

01-10-2006 12:57:28

[quote7e5797c00a="hehehhehe"]Actually, you can leave feedback after 60 days (90 days). I am not sure why everybody thinks it's 60, maybe it's because of the My Ebay page which maxes out at 60... On my ebay account I still see a transaction from 7/10 which I can leave feedback for.

So if you were planning on leaving a neg and not expecting a neg in return, forget about it. You should've opened up a dispute earlier, as you basically did not receive the items you ordered.[/quote7e5797c00a]

Yeah he's right, you have 90 days to leave any sort of feedback. If you're worried about being negged back, perhaps leave it on the 89th day or something and hope he doesn't log in until the next day or something

Dave82

01-10-2006 18:30:17

[quote8ed77f4487="hehehhehe"]Actually, you can leave feedback after 60 days (90 days). I am not sure why everybody thinks it's 60, maybe it's because of the My Ebay page which maxes out at 60... On my ebay account I still see a transaction from 7/10 which I can leave feedback for.

So if you were planning on leaving a neg and not expecting a neg in return, forget about it. You should've opened up a dispute earlier, as you basically did not receive the items you ordered.[/quote8ed77f4487]

You are absolutely correct! I was under the assumption, exactly due to the reason you stated about it being off My Ebay, that it is 60 days. Sfter looking into it, it IS 90 days.

Thanks guys.

GCY

01-10-2006 21:48:07

I have left 2 neg for ppl but haven't gotten any in return. They know they're wrong and simply don't left any. Some or Most ppl will retaliate a neg but if u know its not ur fault and they still leave a neg, just report the person to ebay. My FB is 87 all postive.

h3x

02-10-2006 00:38:10

I only had to leave a person negative feedback once, all he did was get SquareTrade to try and resolve the issue.. after i explained the situation, they ruled in my favor and negative feedback remained on his account, but no feedback was affected on mine.