UPS is full of morons.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=46316

Akademikz

26-09-2006 12:05:06

It's hard to rely on any shipping company to get just about anything right. I ordered a bunch of computer parts and a new case from TigerDirect.ca early last week and last Thursday all of my parts except the case showed up - that was because it was coming from another manufacturer; which was completely understandable.

Then Friday morning of last week rolled around and my tracking information said "Out For Delivery" and in the past that has always meant my package would be there some time throughout the day Friday. I was wrong. Friday rolls by and I call up UPS and they feed me the same scripted nonsense that they do everytime and I accepted it and hung up. Later that evening my tracking information shows "Departure Scan." This confused me because it was already at the nearest distribution centre, so where is it departing [be553667417]to[/be553667417] exactly? So I call up UPS again and they in a nutshell tell me - "We don't know, but we'll find out."

Since the delivery times for Friday have already rolled past I just wait for Monday and early again that morning my tracking information again reads "Out for Delivery." Wanting to make sure that my package will arrive Monday (yesterday) for sure I contact UPS and have them contact the driver personally and they tell me - "Your package will be there between 7-8pm tonight for sure." Happily I hang up the phone and patiently wait for my package. Eight o'clock rolls around and guess what? No package. After calling and complaining to UPS for god knows how long I let it rest for the weekend and move on.

Here's the killer, it's now Tuesday and [be553667417][ue553667417]AGAIN[/be553667417][/ue553667417] my tracking information says "Out for Delivery." Again, to not only complain but see what the heck is going on I contact the support line and they have a supervisor from the local distribution centre contact me. This is what she pretty much tells me

Me - "My package says Out for Delivery for a third day now, that means it WILL be here today, correct?"
Supervisor - "Well it's scan says it on a truck but I'll contact all my drivers and find out and get back to you as soon as I can."
Me - "How could it be out for delivery but not on one of your trucks?"
Supervisor - "Sometimes the scans are wrong."

We go on for a little while; basically trying to find out what's going on here and she tells me she shall call me back within 20-30 minutes with the details of my package.

It's been just about 20 minutes now and I'm still waiting for this call. If my package doesn't show up today I'm wondering if I give TigerDirect a call and they'll send me a new one overnight or something. I'm fed up with waiting and with the brain dead fools that work at UPS.

I just want to build my computer for crying out loud.

Tholek

26-09-2006 12:11:01

As bad as they are, I've had some things go well with them. FedEx too. However, EVERY time I've dealt with DHL, it's been fucked up. I'd never willingly choose DHL as a carrier, and will contact a retailer to see if they ship with them if I suspect they might. I will, and [icf650a5c91]have[/icf650a5c91], bought things from a retailers competitor just for the fact they use them.

Akademikz

26-09-2006 12:14:42

They are littered with incompetent morons. They read me the same bullshit over the phone time and time again. I kind of feel like spitting in the drivers face when and if he delivers it. )

geej86

26-09-2006 12:20:27

i've had nothing but success with UPS. I'd say a third of the time i get my stuff 1 day early too.

Akademikz

26-09-2006 12:24:40

[b85a93022dd]UPDATE[/b85a93022dd] The supervisor called me back and said it will be here today before 5pm. About fuckin' time.

EatChex89

26-09-2006 13:13:04

DHL is actually DAMN fast... I got a package overnight from somewhere back east and it wasn't supposed to be here until monday (it came on thursday or friday, i don't remember)..

FedEx is my first choice. UPS delivers wa too damn late.

Tholek

26-09-2006 13:27:49

[quote1c449f168f="EatChex89"]DHL is actually DAMN fast... I got a package overnight from somewhere back east and it wasn't supposed to be here until monday (it came on thursday or friday, i don't remember)..[/quote1c449f168f]

It's meaningless if they lose it once it gets to your city, or if they don't leave any slips that they tried to deliver it. x

GCY

26-09-2006 13:37:21

UPS has been given me shit loads of problems too. What really pisses me off is the freaking lame excuse they made everytime I called. Most of my complaints were about packages that were suppose to arrived but didn't(Out for delivery). Happens many times but the 2 really lame excuese were "the shipper wrote ur address wrong and thats why we couldn't deliver ur package" when clearly my address was right after I received the item. Another one was "the package will still arrive today" when I called them at like 10PM. lol

Wolfeman

26-09-2006 14:30:21

I haven't read a single thing in this thread but I completely agree. UPS sucks ass. DHL is my new fav.

DIABLO

26-09-2006 14:35:24

UPS sucks! They don't even come to my door but say they tried to deliver a package. We have some fatass 400 pound guy that can't even get out of his damned truck (

Tholek

26-09-2006 14:43:04

[quote810440dd6b="Wolfeman"]I haven't read a single thing in this thread but I completely agree. UPS sucks ass. DHL is my new fav.[/quote810440dd6b]

evil

EatChex89

26-09-2006 14:44:31

usps sucks... check this out

Date Time Description Location
September 26, 2006 1143 AM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
September 26, 2006 837 AM Sortation Center Arrival LOS ANGELES, CA
September 21, 2006 859 PM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH
September 21, 2006 500 PM Pickup SHEPHERDSVILLE, KY

estimated time for it to be in my house is october 4th. It's taking two weeks for them to get some shit to me.

Wolfeman

26-09-2006 14:46:24

[quoteca3cd44134="Tholek"][quoteca3cd44134="Wolfeman"]I haven't read a single thing in this thread but I completely agree. UPS sucks ass. DHL is my new fav.[/quoteca3cd44134]

evil[/quoteca3cd44134]
Waa?

Tholek

26-09-2006 14:48:09

You didn't read my posts! )

Wolfeman

26-09-2006 14:48:50

OK FedEx then dance

GCY

26-09-2006 14:59:21

[quote10934f390b="EatChex89"]usps sucks... check this out

estimated time for it to be in my house is october 4th. It's taking two weeks for them to get some shit to me.[/quote10934f390b]
sortation center? I never had a package going to the sortation center.

Tholek

26-09-2006 15:03:17

That's a word? lol

ajasax

26-09-2006 15:15:50

Sometimes, what UPS does is "ghost scanning." It automatically scans a package even though it may have not been physically scanned. This may be what happened; your package floating around the UPS warehouse for a couple days.

@GCY Your package might have actually had the wrong address on it, but UPS put a new one over the old one, so it looks like it's correct.

dmorris68

26-09-2006 16:12:17

What I've learned is that your level of service from any of the couriers seriously depends on your local hub/depot/receiving center. Around here, UPS sucks big time, they really earned their nickname "Brown." I've had more shipments lost, late, and damaged with UPS than anybody, by far. Never a single problem with FedEx.

However I've heard accounts from other parts of the country that are exactly opposite.

I have both FedEx and UPS shipper accounts, and I can ship FedEx Ground cheaper than UPS Ground, and get better service to boot. So for me personally, FedEx is the top choice. I only use UPS when forced to. DHL is quite "ghetto" around here, their vans are always dirty and beat to hell, however I've not had enough personal experience with them to judge them accurately. I've only had one DHL delivery at home that I can remember, and that was my Gratis 4G iPod. )

doylnea

26-09-2006 20:09:04

UPS was good enough to deliver my xbox360. I tend to prefer UPS to deliver my stuff (because they deliver later in the day in my area) and use FedEx to ship, because it's cheaper and more convenient for me.

icy

26-09-2006 20:45:07

ups also hires morons. they local company they contracted will LEAVE YOUR PACKAGE ON YOUR DOORSTEP if you are not home. just so they can mark it as delivered. fucking idiots. what if it rained or some guy took it? dur.

Tholek

26-09-2006 20:56:33

DHL did that to me. Not only that, but it was a package for someone who hadn't lived there for two years.

Guess what? I dropped it off at a DHL office, and found it stuck next to my door again 2 days later.

There is no worse carriier.

GCY

26-09-2006 21:49:54

[quotecdd8b5f0c9="ajasax"]

@GCY Your package might have actually had the wrong address on it, but UPS put a new one over the old one, so it looks like it's correct.[/quotecdd8b5f0c9]
Yea I checked to see if they put a new one over the other but they didn't. Didn't rip it off also. It was the original sticker, unless they opened my package and repack it in another box lol

megotcash

26-09-2006 22:01:18

[quote5ad8762f90="EatChex89"]usps sucks... check this out

estimated time for it to be in my house is october 4th. It's taking two weeks for them to get some shit to me.[/quote5ad8762f90]

wow, i can't believe you got such a detailed description. honest! haha, because i usually only get a "departure scan / billing info received", and then AFTER i get my package it shows that it has be shipped/received. so, it isn't even really reliable in that sense.

anyways, i ship a lot of crap for ebay, and my main choice is usuall USPS, just because they are usually the cheapest (priority mail hopefully gets it there in 2-3 days), and they are everywhere (used to live in a really really small town).

but, end and end, you are going to get problems with whomever you deal with. fedex seems to have the least amount of problems, but they can be the most expensive as well. you just have to know that there are some flaws in every system.

anyways..did you get your case yet??? super exciting (i remember building my comp and waiting for the parts to arrive).

theysayjump

21-02-2007 14:50:16

So UPS just delivered the iPod I was supposed to get from 123StuffForFree today, to a different address.

The status online says it was delivered at 519pm to the front door, but I was standing at my front door and outside shoveling snow since about 2pm this afternoon and no UPS truck has even been down our street.

I saw one go past the end of our street, so chances are that the fucktards delivered it to the next street over, and there's not a fucking chance in hell I'm about to go looking through ghetto porches for it.

I called them and they said I'm supposed to get the shipper to contact them, then they'll do an internal investigation for 8 days and then file a claim.

evil

theysayjump

21-02-2007 15:00:45

Disregard my above post, they just delivered.

Why would they mark it as delivered 40 minutes before delivering it? roll

TFOAF

21-02-2007 15:07:56

^ No idea. But they tend to not ring my doorbell anymore, so when I check my tracking status, and it says "Delivered," I go "WTF?"

Jams44

21-02-2007 15:10:18

So I was in my living room when I see a UPS truck pull up, I am awaiting a freepay item and an overseas item. So I sat back and was going to greet him at the door. Little did I know he and my door were playing freeze tag and he with my package, slapped the sticker on the door, rang the doorbell and left, becuase I walk from the train everyday I don;t have a car and my parents are at work so I assume he believed no one was home. I went to go outside and he was gone. What a fucktard, tomorrow I am beating his ass with my pimp cane. Also does anyone know the best way to ship something to Australia from CHicago for uber cheap?

YourGiftsFree

21-02-2007 15:10:51

[quote422554e208="theysayjump"]Disregard my above post, they just delivered.

Why would they mark it as delivered 40 minutes before delivering it? roll[/quote422554e208]

Well at least you got it )

Dave82

21-02-2007 17:35:36

So you can search for this 5 month old post to bag on UPS, but couldnt find one of the 984029848 ipod case threads?? lol

Anyway, yeah USP gives you about 1.5 seconds after they ring the bell to open the door before they slam one of those stickers to your door. They must be paid by packages delivered or some system like that, definately not paid by the hour!

I'll bet he/she just scanned 20 as delievered and then went and delivered them to save time (probably 2 mins).

Over christmas my parents had some lobster special ordered. Despite the fact that the delivery container had our name and address it was delivered across the street (STupid UPS). I was outside with my gf's dog at the time and recognized the boston logo. Since they just dumped it off at the neighbor's door and didnt get a signature, i went to go get it.
They must have rang her doorbell, because as I was getting it and walking away my old neightbor opened the door and was screaming thief at me! I went back and showed her the shipping label with my Dad's name and address. She was saying something something about a law that it is property of the home it was delievered to and was threatening to have me arrested.

tml09

21-02-2007 18:01:14

[quote6ad9d18050="Tholek"]As bad as they are, I've had some things go well with them. FedEx too. However, EVERY time I've dealt with DHL, it's been fucked up. I'd never willingly choose DHL as a carrier, and will contact a retailer to see if they ship with them if I suspect they might. I will, and [i6ad9d18050]have[/i6ad9d18050], bought things from a retailers competitor just for the fact they use them.[/quote6ad9d18050]

I frikin hate dhl. I ordered a pair of shoes with 2 day shipping and it took 16 days to come! WTF! lol

I loooove ups though. I have never had any problems with them

EatChex89

21-02-2007 20:20:31

DHL stuck my 32" LCD TV outside and someone stole it....

Dave82

21-02-2007 21:28:05

[quote7c5d68580f="EatChex89"]DHL stuck my 32" LCD TV outside and someone stole it....[/quote7c5d68580f]

did shipping insurance cover it?

tjwor

21-02-2007 22:54:11

[quote8a112accde="EatChex89"]DHL stuck my 32" LCD TV outside and someone stole it....[/quote8a112accde]

how long ago? insurance pay for it?

BD2006BD

21-02-2007 23:14:16

I like and dislike that they leave stuff at the door. They ALWAYS leave it, even when a signature is required!! The good thing about that is that there is usually nobody home when they deliver, so I get it when I get home and I don't have to wait longer for it. The only bad thing would be if someone stole it. My only DHL experience was with my freepay shuffle.

And some mail carriers get paid by the hour, and others get paid per load of mail. So the ones who get paid per load of mail seem like they floor it, put mail in, floor it, put mail in, floor it.. etc. idk how ups works.

ajasax

21-02-2007 23:19:42

UPS drivers are paid hourly. They usually have an ass-load of packages to deliver though. So forgive them for not making small-talk while dropping off yours.

Most of the problems in this thread seem to be related to individual drivers. My UPS driver is really good and knows that it's okay to leave my stuff on the other side of the fence if I don't answer. Some drivers may be in a hurry to finish up their route, clock-out and head home. Not sure how many people know this, but you can call UPS/go online and put your package on hold in the hub, so you can pick it up on the way home instead if you know you won't be there.

ew1075

21-02-2007 23:22:36

UPS dropped $800 worth of computer equipment I had ordered off at a house down the street from mine one time. Luckily this person was honest and brought it to my house. Other than that I've never had a problem with them.

BD2006BD

22-02-2007 00:41:06

[quotedd0a789b85="ajasax"]So forgive them for not making small-talk while dropping off yours.[/quotedd0a789b85].

Thats definately not the point. The point is they are dropping of pacakages that require signatures.

But like I said before... I don't really mind it because I haven't had a problem with a stolen package (yet). It just bothers me when there is a Xbox 360 or a $1000 computer system sitting on my porch.

Darkside

22-02-2007 07:20:44

UPS left my 360 on my porch in the rain while my mom sat 5 feet from the door watching tv

Sailorman88

22-02-2007 18:50:41

I used to work at ups in the 70's when they had their shit together as far as delivery time. They've always been brutal with packages, but now the misdeliver and deliver late routinely. About 2/3 of my ups deliveries are either misdelivered and/or damaged. I hate them and I routinely pay extra for USPS priority,(the absolute best for smaller packages), or for Fedx if I need to send something larger.

I could tell you horror stories about what parcels go through once ups gets their claws in them. USPS priority almost never damages or misdelivers. My theory is the less time they have your goods, the less time they have to steal/destroy/lose them. And UPS is both brutal and slow. The worst of both worlds.
I actually like to have them leave a package and always put a note on the door requesting this. They've been good about that at least.

But don't be so hard on the ups drivers. Ever since Reagan's war on unions and the middle class, their pay has only gone up a few bucks an hour since 1980 when they were making about $13/hr around here. Accounting for inflation, they should be making about $30 now in this area. And they aren't even close to that. They're just not as enthusiastic as they used to be. But they can have moustaches nowadays. Woo Hoo

EatChex89

22-02-2007 21:22:04

[quotee7ec08dd85="tjwor"][quotee7ec08dd85="EatChex89"]DHL stuck my 32" LCD TV outside and someone stole it....[/quotee7ec08dd85]

how long ago? insurance pay for it?[/quotee7ec08dd85]

This happened last week. I'm getting yet another replacement TV from dell, and I'm waiting for it, then I receive a call on Tuesday, and the guy asks me if I got the TV.. and I'm like "noooo". So he checks the shipping status, and I guess it says it was delivered on Friday, and I'm like "No, it wasn't." All I received on Friday were the damn speakers for the TV, so I'm guessing one of my mexican neighbors hoisted my TV. I never signed for it, so technically I never received it, especially since they left the damn speakers on my doorstep when no one was home!

So anyway, shipping insurance must have covered it, because Dell is sending a new TV. Hopefully, this one gets lideliveredli.

hairyferry

22-02-2007 22:31:22

[quote3743971afe="Tholek"]As bad as they are, I've had some things go well with them. FedEx too. However, EVERY time I've dealt with DHL, it's been fucked up. I'd never willingly choose DHL as a carrier, and will contact a retailer to see if they ship with them if I suspect they might. I will, and [i3743971afe]have[/i3743971afe], bought things from a retailers competitor just for the fact they use them.[/quote3743971afe]

My roomy is a manager at DHL, he said it is the worst shipping company ever. I hear horror stories about things that happen there. They have K-9 that walk through there every week searching for drugs. He hates it.

BD2006BD

22-02-2007 22:34:00

Are they even going to investigate about the tv that got stolen? Or do they just say forget about it and send another tv? Thats messed up.

EatChex89

23-02-2007 08:45:43

[quote10b277697c="BD2006BD"]Are they even going to investigate about the tv that got stolen? Or do they just say forget about it and send another tv? Thats messed up.[/quote10b277697c]

There will probably be an investigation done by Dell. I don't give a shit what happens to Dell's products, as long as I get my TV.

MyJobIsThis

23-02-2007 16:34:16

Thats funny there is a huge warehouse factory near me from ups I worked there for 2 weeks I was the person who unloaded packages ext...Anyways this is by far the hardest job I have ever had "If you were a unloader loader you would understand" anyways it was so tiring that There would be a huge stack of boxes & would prolly be our 3rd hour in we would not bother grabing the boxes at the top and placing them on the conveyer belt softly at the rate we had to get done and how tiring it was we would just through tip everything over kinda just like tiping over 5 stacked boxes on the ground, There was so much stuff I would just through on the coveyer belts just tossing it 10-15 feet in the air like a throwing a log as far as you could on to the coveyer belt, There was so many times I could here stuff get broke ext...It didn't matter we would just have to get stuff done fast, lol I remember this one box was stuck and I kept pulling tugging finally I pulled as hard as I could with the box exploding and all the foam balls all over "It was a printer" anyways I just placed it back into the ripped box & tossed it on the conveyer belt...But yea the turnover rate at being a loader/unloader is 900% that right there tells you how shity of a job it is. I mean yea its all good it payed $11 an hour + would pay a bit of college but it was seriously like having a 5 hour football practice non stop prolly harder.

Dave82

24-02-2007 02:10:56

[quotee9209102e2="MyJobIsThis"]Thats funny there is a huge warehouse factory near me from ups I worked there for 2 weeks I was the person who unloaded packages ext...Anyways this is by far the hardest job I have ever had "If you were a unloader loader you would understand" anyways it was so tiring that There would be a huge stack of boxes & would prolly be our 3rd hour in we would not bother grabing the boxes at the top and placing them on the conveyer belt softly at the rate we had to get done and how tiring it was we would just through tip everything over kinda just like tiping over 5 stacked boxes on the ground, There was so much stuff I would just through on the coveyer belts just tossing it 10-15 feet in the air like a throwing a log as far as you could on to the coveyer belt, There was so many times I could here stuff get broke ext...It didn't matter we would just have to get stuff done fast, lol I remember this one box was stuck and I kept pulling tugging finally I pulled as hard as I could with the box exploding and all the foam balls all over "It was a printer" anyways I just placed it back into the ripped box & tossed it on the conveyer belt...But yea the turnover rate at being a loader/unloader is 900% that right there tells you how shity of a job it is. I mean yea its all good it payed $11 an hour + would pay a bit of college but it was seriously like having a 5 hour football practice non stop prolly harder.[/quotee9209102e2]

Well, hopefully that is motivation to do well in college!

And hopefully the markerface is motivation to not drink until you pass out (if that is you...)!

MyJobIsThis

24-02-2007 07:56:56

^ Exactly....Well atleast not pass out first, I learned my lesson.

theysayjump

24-02-2007 08:25:06

[quoteb6f2e4e3f0="MyJobIsThis"]Thats funny there is a huge warehouse factory near me from ups I worked there for 2 weeks I was the person who unloaded packages ext...Anyways this is by far the hardest job I have ever had "If you were a unloader loader you would understand" anyways it was so tiring that There would be a huge stack of boxes & would prolly be our 3rd hour in we would not bother grabing the boxes at the top and placing them on the conveyer belt softly at the rate we had to get done and how tiring it was we would just through tip everything over kinda just like tiping over 5 stacked boxes on the ground, There was so much stuff I would just through on the coveyer belts just tossing it 10-15 feet in the air like a throwing a log as far as you could on to the coveyer belt, There was so many times I could here stuff get broke ext...It didn't matter we would just have to get stuff done fast, lol I remember this one box was stuck and I kept pulling tugging finally I pulled as hard as I could with the box exploding and all the foam balls all over "It was a printer" anyways I just placed it back into the ripped box & tossed it on the conveyer belt...But yea the turnover rate at being a loader/unloader is 900% that right there tells you how shity of a job it is. I mean yea its all good it payed $11 an hour + would pay a bit of college but it was seriously like having a 5 hour football practice non stop prolly harder.[/quoteb6f2e4e3f0]

15 minutes after beginning to read this post I'm finally done.

Glad to see you don't give a shit about other people's belongings if you're throwing shit around and hearing things break but don't care.

Wouldn't you be pissed if someone did that to your stuff and it arrived broken?

And I do understand what it's like working somewhere like that actually.

MyJobIsThis

24-02-2007 08:35:14

Lol sorry for the non periods puncuation, Anyways yes I would be pissed if someone did that to my stuff. I guess I just really didn't care and wanted to get it done.

Sailorman88

24-02-2007 20:49:57

I blame the whole management philosophy of UPS for this. The same shit was going on 30 years ago when I was a reloader. Back then you could make $8-9/hr and work 15-20 hrs a week and go to school and do pretty good. Or you could go to work at Burgerdoodle for $2.65/hr. UPS jobs used to be highly coveted so what 18 year old was going to risk it for your TV? It was easier to get fired for stopping the belt than trashing pkgs. It is probably worse now since they've demasculated the Teamsters union.

MyJobIsThis

24-02-2007 21:01:38

Yea like I said the confirmed turnover rate at the ups I worked at was 900%

geej86

25-02-2007 02:00:52

just curious is that you in your avy, if so awwwww.

ew1075

25-02-2007 02:10:26

[quote9a31a4a1ca="MyJobIsThis"]Thats funny there is a huge warehouse factory near me from ups I worked there for 2 weeks I was the person who unloaded packages ext...Anyways this is by far the hardest job I have ever had "If you were a unloader loader you would understand" anyways it was so tiring that There would be a huge stack of boxes & would prolly be our 3rd hour in we would not bother grabing the boxes at the top and placing them on the conveyer belt softly at the rate we had to get done and how tiring it was we would just through tip everything over kinda just like tiping over 5 stacked boxes on the ground, There was so much stuff I would just through on the coveyer belts just tossing it 10-15 feet in the air like a throwing a log as far as you could on to the coveyer belt, There was so many times I could here stuff get broke ext...It didn't matter we would just have to get stuff done fast, lol I remember this one box was stuck and I kept pulling tugging finally I pulled as hard as I could with the box exploding and all the foam balls all over "It was a printer" anyways I just placed it back into the ripped box & tossed it on the conveyer belt...But yea the turnover rate at being a loader/unloader is 900% that right there tells you how shity of a job it is. I mean yea its all good it payed $11 an hour + would pay a bit of college but it was seriously like having a 5 hour football practice non stop prolly harder.[/quote9a31a4a1ca]

Great, it's so nice to know you guys just toss our shit around when we need it shipped. Thank you so much for that comforting anecdote!

MyJobIsThis

25-02-2007 10:52:01

[quote2a9cef293c]Great, it's so nice to know you guys just toss our shit around when we need it shipped. Thank you so much for that comforting anecdote![/quote2a9cef293c]

Lol I am just informing you on the truth, Its not like its just me that did it some guy that was there for like 2 years had his rythem downpat so I am guessing the manager did not give a shit.

Sailorman88

25-02-2007 11:20:06

You are exactly right, the management doesn't give a shit. A lot has to do with the particular center manager. They used to be scared shitless of their bosses too. It all rolls downhill right to the loaders and onto your packages.

Sailorman88

25-02-2007 12:56:10

[quote2b8ac86c82="MyJobIsThis"]..... I mean yea its all good it payed $11 an hour + would pay a bit of college but it was seriously like having a 5 hour football practice non stop prolly harder.[/quote2b8ac86c82]

LOL, I just caught that part. I was a bit chunky when I started there and I lost 40 lbs in the first 6 weeks of working 3 hours a night 5 days a week. I'd have to come out of that trailer every 20 minutes and wring out my shirt. You'd load 2 trailers in 3 hours with one guy who only helped out if you so jammed up that there was a risk of the dreaded belt stoppage. That was a tough job, easily worth $20/hr. in today's dollars.

MyJobIsThis

25-02-2007 13:43:13

Yea, I mean I actually always consider going back cause like I said its a workout although I would come home back was killing me, & I was so tired I didn't wanna do anything and would just sleep for 5 hours once I came back home.

Sailorman88

25-02-2007 15:09:42

You weren't there long enough I think. After a couple months, you don't even sweat much. I used to work 5-830 pm. I'd get done, shower and it's PARTY TIME.
Ahhhhhhh, the good old days.
But don't even ask me what I did after work when I washed trucks from 6pm to 3am.

If I knew I'd live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.