A guide to: Free cellphone internet and txt/sms messaging

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=46295

JordanE

25-09-2006 23:48:21

[b599b7a8cce]liWARNINGli I take no responsibility for any damage that could accure to your phone or anything that results from this tutorial. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK![/b599b7a8cce]

Now that thats out of the way let me just state that I have this setup on my current phone and that I have done this to many of my friends/familys phones. This dose work.

[b599b7a8cce]Free Internet[/b599b7a8cce]

Note if you have an older (like 3+ years old) phone this may not work. These instructions are ment to be used with Verizon wireless and may differ from other carriers. May or may not work with smart/pda phones.

1.)Hit Menu/Ok
2.)Hit "0"
3.)You should see a sceen that says "Service Code" hit "0" six times
4.)Now you should be at a menu titled Services. Hit 8 or WAP Setting.
5.)Hit "1" (proxy address setting)
6.)Hit "1" (Primary Address)
7.)Write down the address currently displayed (incase you need to reset it later) than replace it with wap.google.com and hit save or Ok.
8.)From the Wap settings menu hit "2" (proxy port setting)
9.)Hit "1" (primary port)
10.)Write down the port currently displayed (incase you need to reset it later) than replace it with 80 and hit save/Ok
11.)From the Wap settings menu hit "4" (Homepage)
12.)Write down the homepage currently displayed (incase you need to reset it later) than replace it with http//wap.google.com
13.) You should get a message that says something like "Hompage set, restarting" Than you phone should restart.
14.)Pull up your phones internet browser. You should be online and your homepage should be google.

[b599b7a8cce]Tips&Tricks&Notes[/b599b7a8cce]
liFor some reason when using the google proxy you can not change your homepage away from google.
liThere are other proxys out there. I gave instructions on how to set your phone up to use the google proxy becouse it is the most reliable free proxy i've ever used it has about 94% up time.
liThis dose not cost anything however it dose take up airtime (minutes) to use. If this is a big deal to you than olny use it during free nights and weekends that way it dosen't take up any of your minutes.

[b599b7a8cce]Free txt messaging[/b599b7a8cce]

Note Your phone will need an internet connection in order to do this. It will work flawlessly with the connection I showed you above. WORKS WITH ANY CARRIER!

1.)Go to gmail.com create an email= address olny to be used with txt messaging. I recommend something like email=yournameherephone@gmail.comyournameherephone@gmail.com address olny to be used with txt messaging. I recommend something like email=yournameherephone@gmail.comyournameherephone@gmail.com/email (ie email==mattsphone@gmail.commattsphone@gmail.com=mattsphone@gmail.commattsphone@gmail.com/email)
2.)Find out the cell service provider for the person who you are sending a txt message to.
3.)Start by opening up your phones web browser and go to www.gmail.com (if you have google set as your homepage just click on the gmail link) Sign in.
4.)Look at the table I have compiled below.
5.)Enter the cellphone number of the person your sending the message to in the send box, followed by whatever my chart has for the service provider. (ie email==2324445555@vtext.com2324445555@vtext.com=2324445555@vtext.com2324445555@vtext.com/email) remember to use the area code.
6.)In the body of the email, put your message. Hit send to send it.

Sprint @messaging.sprintpcs.com
T-mobile @tmomail.net
Verizon @vtext.com
Cingular @cingularme.com
ATT @mmode.com
Otherli @teleflip.com

[b599b7a8cce]Tips&Tricks&Notes[/b599b7a8cce]
liOnce you find out the service provider for someone you wanna send a txt message to save there phones address as a contact in gmail (ie email==2324445555@vtext.com2324445555@vtext.com=2324445555@vtext.com2324445555@vtext.com/email) so you don't have to type in there address everytime.
liI recommended making a new email address so that you don't have to deal with spam and other email, olny sms/txt messages it helps keep everthing organized and uncluttered. However if you really want you can just use an existing email address.
liI recommended using gmail becouse it offers tons of storage, Has a short domain, and has a simple interface that loads well on cellphones. But any web-based (hotmail,yahoo,aol..etc) email should work.

If you have any questions or comments please post them here. Remember better safe than sorry, if you are unsure of something stop and ask and i'll try to help you out as best I can. +karma if you feel this is helpful wink

For more information about cellphone hacking checkout these sites

www.howardforums.com (from your cellphone wap.howardforums.com)
www.cellphonehacks.com

Aurelius

25-09-2006 23:51:41

Sounds sweet... Definately something I'll try to prevent a repeat of my 280 dollar bill from Cingular because of AIM usage (didn't know they charged for incoming too because I had just switched from Verizon)

+kma when I can. Great find

unknown uchiha

25-09-2006 23:55:53

Question about receiving text,

On Cingular I hear they charge for you OPENING text, not receiving it (i.e. if you receive it but delete it, you don't get charged so there's a way to bypass this by going to Options -> Forward (and then reading the msg there before deleting it).

Does this also apply to Verizon, or do they charge you on receiving instead of opening?

JordanE

26-09-2006 00:06:38

Verizon charges you to send and receive. Its something crazy like $0.25 send and $0.25 to recieve. Its pretty easy to rack up a huge bill in txt messaging. As far as I know the olny way to do it for free is the way I listed.

Aurelius -Since your using Cingular i'm not sure if my instructions on how to setup free internet will apply. But if your already online, there are WAP websites that allow you to login and use AIM,MSN,Yahoo they send and receive messages over the internet connection just like your computer dose so it dosen't use txt/sms. I'll try to find one for you. However note that they usually olny work about 60% of the time and can be qite frustrating to use thats why I just use txt messaging.

EDIT I just found out for sure that the free internet will not work with Cingular!

[quote49695646c4="Reason Why"]Unfortunately, Cingular has opted to block access to outside proxies, so no, you can't use the HN Proxy (or any other non-Cingular proxy) if Cingular is your wireless provider.[/quote49695646c4]

JordanE

26-09-2006 00:21:18

[bbd200d9fe7]Here is a link to the WAP based IM[/bbd200d9fe7]

Vist this link on your cellphone

http//www.airsoftwireless.com/airim/login.wml

It works by sending and receiving IM's over the internet connection on your phone. It dose not use txt or sms messages therefore is free to use. liyour phone must have a working internet connectionli works with AOL, MSN, and Yahoo.

unknown uchiha

26-09-2006 00:41:55

JordanE I heard that it's $0.10 for txt and $0.35 or $0.25 for pix/flix messages.

Sucks to hear the Cingular trick won't work for Verizon though. Does the WAP-based IM work for Verizon as well?

JordanE

26-09-2006 00:57:14

Yes, it works for any provider so long as the phone has an internet connection. If you try to login and it dosen't work don't be surprised. It olny has about a 60% sueccess ratio. You will most likely get an error like "Network connection lost" you will still be online its just something in the connection between you and the IM portial that times out.

As for txt messaging rates i'm not sure, your probably right. I broke down along time ago and bought the 250 txt and pix plan for $5/mo. Purly for the convenience. But the option I gave for free txt/sms messages over email is still a very good one for people who don't want or can't get txt messaging for whatever reason and its not to hard to use.

h3x

26-09-2006 01:23:49

its too bad that everyone in this thread so far has no interest in the phone system whatsoever but is only interested in commiting toll fraud. http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/45cf3fb094b87f3930267a5c1ea17caf.gif[" alt=""/img3893ecf70b]

tylerc

26-09-2006 04:22:36

Verizon is $.10/send and receive text, $.25 for pix.

$10 for unlimited Verizon-to-Verizon every month, plus 500 out of network texts.

manOFice

26-09-2006 05:13:05

If only the browser didn't use air mintues...

JordanE

26-09-2006 08:32:44

If you have the $19.99/mo vcast packageit dosen't use minutes or if you olny use it during nights and weekends.

burritopunk

26-09-2006 08:51:45

I can't enter in the new proxy on the LG vx8300 phone. It's like they blocked keystrokes at that screen (

JordanE

26-09-2006 09:57:11

[quoteb3075bf7e7="burritopunk"]I can't enter in the new proxy on the LG vx8300 phone. It's like they blocked keystrokes at that screen ([/quoteb3075bf7e7]

Hmm are you sure you followed the directions perfectly? There are some areas of the service menu that you can't mess with but to the best of my knowledge every phone can edit the wap settings. Just the varify this is what you did,

From service menu
Wap Setting>Proxy Address Setting>Primary Address>Clear out current address and replace with wap.google.com and save>Back to Wap settings menu>Proxy Port Setting>Primary Port>Clear out current port (should be 8080) and replace with 80 and save>Back toWap settings menu>Homepage>Replace current homepage with http//wap.google.com and save.>Phone should restart>your done

I don't know I highly doubt that they have totally shut off keystrokes on the WAP settings menu. There may be anther password that needs to be interd but I doubt it. This menu is for Verizon employees to alter not customers so I doubt they would block off features on the menu.

If you still can't get it to work, you could use bitpim to get the file off of your phone than edit it in notepad or something. Than replace it, but thats some pretty advance hacking and probably not worth it.

egyptianruin

26-09-2006 10:30:16

Well since everyone mentioned cell phone stuff, here ya go

Make and upload your own ringtones/screensavers for free. Just register an account. You only pay if you want premium content or a ringtone package.
http//www.mixxer.com

SMS Sender (Text Messages for registered users)
http//www.mixxer.com/ringtones/module/Pager

johnjimjones

26-09-2006 10:37:52

[quote40bcabdf41="egyptianruin"]Well since everyone mentioned cell phone stuff, here ya go

Make and upload your own ringtones/screensavers for free. Just register an account. You only pay if you want premium content or a ringtone package.
http//www.mixxer.com

http//www.mixxer.com/ringtones/module/Pager[/quote40bcabdf41]

Are they trustworthy? The first thing they ask for is the cell number...

burritopunk

26-09-2006 11:56:23

[quote2c43932c18="JordanE"][quote2c43932c18="burritopunk"]I can't enter in the new proxy on the LG vx8300 phone. It's like they blocked keystrokes at that screen ([/quote2c43932c18]

Hmm are you sure you followed the directions perfectly? There are some areas of the service menu that you can't mess with but to the best of my knowledge every phone can edit the wap settings. Just the varify this is what you did,

From service menu
Wap Setting>Proxy Address Setting>Primary Address>Clear out current address and replace with wap.google.com and save>Back to Wap settings menu>Proxy Port Setting>Primary Port>Clear out current port (should be 8080) and replace with 80 and save>Back toWap settings menu>Homepage>Replace current homepage with http//wap.google.com and save.>Phone should restart>your done

I don't know I highly doubt that they have totally shut off keystrokes on the WAP settings menu. There may be anther password that needs to be interd but I doubt it. This menu is for Verizon employees to alter not customers so I doubt they would block off features on the menu.

If you still can't get it to work, you could use bitpim to get the file off of your phone than edit it in notepad or something. Than replace it, but thats some pretty advance hacking and probably not worth it.[/quote2c43932c18]

Yep. When I get to the proxy address, I hit clear and it takes me back a screen. I can't go to the Abc menu either, nothing happens. Any button I press yields no response. Maybe the 8300 is the exception to this hack?

EatChex89

26-09-2006 13:09:41

verizon charges me 10cents a txt message... this stuff didn't work with my phone though.. (the internet portion)

kdollar

26-09-2006 13:36:39

anyone tried it for tmobile?

BD2006BD

26-09-2006 14:45:38

I can't get the service code menu to come up ( .

I'm using the Samsung SCH A950 with Verizon

mikeman565

26-09-2006 15:21:22

me neither, Im using Samsung SCH A850 with Verizon

hehehhehe

26-09-2006 15:39:17

I wouldn't follow the above guide. It's steps for a particular line of phones on verizon. Every manufacturer uses different menus obviously, and so following these steps can seriously fuck up your phone if it's not the right one.

If you have verizon, just go to hofo forums to see if there's a guide for your particular phone. It is also not uncommon for carriers to block certain settings on your phone.

You cannot get free WAP on cingular or T-mo (unless you're dialing up and using minutes like in the above example - so it's not really free anyway). You used to be able to get free REAL internet access with T-mo's prepaid plan but that's long gone. You can just sign up for T-mo's t-zones ($5-6) and get unlimited internet usage by modifying your port settings. That's what I do.

The free sms part is also misleading, unless you have the free wap working. Otherwise, you might have to pay for the data usage (cingular and others) of using WAP and you might be better off just paying 5 cents or so to send the text.

Again, don't follow the guide. To tell people that they can possibly get free wap using these steps on other carriers than verizon and possibly on any phone is ridiculous and will probably be harmful to everyone's phones.

manOFice

26-09-2006 15:53:35

[quoteace2de21ca="johnjimjones"][quoteace2de21ca="egyptianruin"]Well since everyone mentioned cell phone stuff, here ya go

http//www.mixxer.com

http//www.mixxer.com/ringtones/module/Pager[/quoteace2de21ca]

Are they trustworthy? The first thing they ask for is the cell number...[/quoteace2de21ca]

h3x

26-09-2006 18:17:44

I don't consider your guide to be phone hacking (phreaking) in any way shape or form... All you're doing is changing the start page for your web browser and redirecting the port. Anyone can google for the Security Mode for their phones...

Here's one for the V710 (for instance)

http//www.google.com/search?hs=YFi&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=motorola+v710+security+menu&btnG=Search[]http//www.google.com/search?hs=YFi&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=motorola+v710+security+menu&btnG=Search

It's Menu + 0 + 73887 + li + 000000

So it varies by phone (not by service provider).

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, Jordan. But that isn't remotely considered phreaking.. and you also have to take in the fact that using the browser will use air time minutes (as mentioned already). All this "hack" is really doing is changing your browser's homepage so you aren't restricted to your cell phone provider's "portals".

But hey, I give you props for trying... KMA+ ;)

freaky1718

26-09-2006 18:27:59

guys just get a sidekick 1 dollar a day its less than a cup of coffee and everything is free for the day

JordanE

26-09-2006 21:30:55

[quotead5cee79ea="hehehhehe"]I wouldn't follow the above guide. It's steps for a particular line of phones on verizon. Every manufacturer uses different menus obviously, and so following these steps can seriously fuck up your phone if it's not the right one.

If you have verizon, just go to hofo forums to see if there's a guide for your particular phone. It is also not uncommon for carriers to block certain settings on your phone.

You cannot get free WAP on cingular or T-mo (unless you're dialing up and using minutes like in the above example - so it's not really free anyway). You used to be able to get free REAL internet access with T-mo's prepaid plan but that's long gone. You can just sign up for T-mo's t-zones ($5-6) and get unlimited internet usage by modifying your port settings. That's what I do.

The free sms part is also misleading, unless you have the free wap working. Otherwise, you might have to pay for the data usage (cingular and others) of using WAP and you might be better off just paying 5 cents or so to send the text.

Again, don't follow the guide. To tell people that they can possibly get free wap using these steps on other carriers than verizon and possibly on any phone is ridiculous and will probably be harmful to everyone's phones.[/quotead5cee79ea]

Verizon has a standardized menu for all of its (as of about 2-3 years ago)cellphones. For instance the menu on my LG VX9800 is the same as my brothers V3i Razr. These are to completly diffrent manufacturers. If you go into a verizon store and play with the display phones you will notice that they all have the same menu style.

You saying that following my directions can seriously fuck up there phone is also very misleading, if someone is able to follow my directions perfectly with there phone than they should be good to go. If they have a problem with my directions for instance if they can't access the security menu given my methed than they are no longer following my directions.

The sms/txt part isn't misleading at all. I stated very clearly that your phone needs to be online in order for it to work. I also stated very clearly in the free WAP part that it dose require air time to use it unless you use it on nights or weekends. It is free WAP you get a service that Verizon normaily charges $5/mo for free. Even if you pay Verizon $5 a month it still uses your minutes the olny (other than nights and weekends) way to get around it using your airtime is if you have the $20/mo VCAST package but that service includes wap so you would have no reason do this anyway.

hehehhehe

26-09-2006 21:40:40

Look at the hofo forums in the verizon section. The directions for many phones are different (same carrier, different phones). Just because you and your brother's phones match, doesn't mean anything. Do you know how much phones change in 2-3 years?

When you go into the service menu of a phone, of course you can seriously fuck things up. If not, why put such a bolded disclaimer on your post then?

h3x

26-09-2006 22:06:26

[quotead7e82daa6="hehehhehe"]Look at the hofo forums in the verizon section. The directions for many phones are different (same carrier, different phones). Just because you and your brother's phones match, doesn't mean anything. Do you know how much phones change in 2-3 years?

When you go into the service menu of a phone, of course you can seriously fuck things up. If not, why put such a bolded disclaimer on your post then?[/quotead7e82daa6]

Well you can't fuck anything up by changing the homepage of the browser... and if you have the wrong port number and it stops working, changing it back to the original number will fix the problem... But you definetely DO NOT want to fuck with User ID and password... if you do that, then you are pretty much fucked unless you go to your cell phone provider and tell them to reset everything, at which case they will fix it for you and most likely change the security code so you can't get back in the service mode.

hehehhehe

26-09-2006 22:14:51

[quotef15fa5d64b="h3x"]Well you can't fuck anything up by changing the homepage of the browser... and if you have the wrong port number and it stops working, changing it back to the original number will fix the problem... But you definetely DO NOT want to fuck with User ID and password... if you do that, then you are pretty much fucked unless you go to your cell phone provider and tell them to reset everything, at which case they will fix it for you and most likely change the security code so you can't get back in the service mode.[/quotef15fa5d64b]
I'm not talking about the WAP settings, I'm talking about the general service settings. My point is that pressing "8" or whatever while in the service mode isn't necessarily going to get you to the WAP settings on every phone. If you look on hofo, you'll the various methods people use to get to the WAP settings - they're different. If you're not knowledgeable enough about cell phones and follow someone's random post saying they can get free internet on their phone if they take these steps, you might also be careless (to put it nicely) enough to press some random buttons while in the wrong part of the service settings.

In any case, it doesn't seem to have worked for anyone here even on Verizon. Just wanted to tell people what this really is and to just go directly to hofo and learn about it instead of following the OP.

JordanE

26-09-2006 22:35:22

[quote330e9e4446="hehehhehe"][quote330e9e4446="h3x"]Well you can't fuck anything up by changing the homepage of the browser... and if you have the wrong port number and it stops working, changing it back to the original number will fix the problem... But you definetely DO NOT want to fuck with User ID and password... if you do that, then you are pretty much fucked unless you go to your cell phone provider and tell them to reset everything, at which case they will fix it for you and most likely change the security code so you can't get back in the service mode.[/quote330e9e4446]
I'm not talking about the WAP settings, I'm talking about the general service settings. My point is that pressing "8" or whatever while in the service mode isn't necessarily going to get you to the WAP settings on every phone. If you look on hofo, you'll the various methods people use to get to the WAP settings - they're different.[/quote330e9e4446]

Thats why I listed where that should take you next to the number "Hit "1" (Primary Address)" So unless you can't read or your not paying attention (if thats the case you shouldn't be doing this anyway) than there is no reason why you should go to a diffrent menu other than the one I listed. Also the fact that me and my brothers phone where the same dose mean alot, incase you didn't know a razr is made by Morotola while my VX9800 is made by LG these are two diffrent manufacturers but they use the same menu/interface why? Becouse verizon forces manufacturers to use the same interface for whatever reason thus making the directions for setting up WAP essentially the same. Like I said in my OP if you have an older phone (e.g one that was made before verizon instituted its standardized interface) than directions might be alittle diffrent. But once you figure out how to get into the security menu the process is still almost identical, All your doing is changing the primary address,Primary Port, and homepage if you can read you can do it. The olny big diffrence is how you get into the security menu.

hehehhehe

26-09-2006 22:43:41

roll LG and Motorola are different companies? Really?

Like I said, it's not working for anyone here anyway. That kind of proves my point about how the phones differ and you should look for the right method for your particular handset.

bruman

27-09-2006 02:58:18

Here's how to do it with the Motorola Razr

Setting up Free WAP/Mobile Web- Method #1Using your PC as a Proxy
- http//motov3m.com/tiki-index.php?page=WAP1

Setting up Free WAP/Mobile Web- Method #2Using Google as a Proxy
- http//motov3m.com/tiki-index.php?page=WAP2

Setting up Free WAP/Mobile Web- Method #3Using a Public Proxy
- http//motov3m.com/tiki-index.php?page=WAP3

I did it with the Google and it worked fine

manOFice

27-09-2006 12:06:46

[quote61616ded53="manofice"][quote61616ded53="johnjimjones"][quote61616ded53="egyptianruin"]Well since everyone mentioned cell phone stuff, here ya go

http//www.mixxer.com

http//www.mixxer.com/ringtones/module/Pager[/quote61616ded53]

Are they trustworthy? The first thing they ask for is the cell number...[/quote61616ded53][/quote61616ded53]

DesperateForAss

27-09-2006 12:41:23

[quoteae92089b01="bruman"]Here's how to do it with the Motorola Razr

Setting up Free WAP/Mobile Web- Method #1Using your PC as a Proxy
- http//motov3m.com/tiki-index.php?page=WAP1

Setting up Free WAP/Mobile Web- Method #2Using Google as a Proxy
- http//motov3m.com/tiki-index.php?page=WAP2

Setting up Free WAP/Mobile Web- Method #3Using a Public Proxy
- http//motov3m.com/tiki-index.php?page=WAP3

I did it with the Google and it worked fine[/quoteae92089b01]

Awesome. Thanks. I'll try it in a few

DesperateForAss

27-09-2006 12:45:08

Crap I dont have verizon

EatChex89

20-08-2007 23:45:27

regarding this. I have a vx 5300.. now I can get into the menu and all that, but I can't change the text in the primary proxy or secondary proxy.. did verizon freeze this because they found out? or am I just not doing something right?

JordanE

21-08-2007 23:23:21

They may have. I was at a verizon store the other day looking at some of there new phones (i'm thinking about upgrading) and all of the models I looked at had the wap menu locked. I don't know if all of there new phones are like this or not.

But as an update I am still getting wap for free using the google proxy. Its not the best out there but it was the olny truly free one I could find that is working.