Dog the Bounty Hunter Arrested: Oh the Irony!! (LINK ADDED)

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=45741

ffactoryxx

14-09-2006 11:35:09

Taken in by US officials at the request of the Mexican government for an arrest he made of a sex offender three years ago in Mexico.

http//www.nbc10.com/news/9850095/detail.html

Its such bullshit!!!! I mean this guy does a service for the USA by catching Scum that otherwise would never be caught after they skip out on bail yet we reward him by handing him over to Mexico. Fuck That x 1000

This is a prime example what is wrong with our country! This guy catches a huge rapist and get put in jail cause of it

hairyferry

14-09-2006 11:40:29

yeah that dude is nuts, there's somethin not right about that show. Why the heck would you allow your wife to be involved let alone drive your "cop" car during the show.

DIABLO

14-09-2006 11:40:47

cry Link?

ffactoryxx

14-09-2006 11:45:25

Looking for links. His wife is on MSNBC on the phone crying

There is a video link on msnbc.com but i dont want to sign up

http//www.msnbc.msn.com/

ilanbg

14-09-2006 12:04:48

Link to [id806063930]article[/id806063930]?

justinag06

14-09-2006 12:11:46

I hate linking to wiki but it explains the situation decently

http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duane_Chapman

ffactoryxx

14-09-2006 12:12:00

Nothing updated yet, but its on MSNBC

h3x

14-09-2006 12:46:24

This makes me SICK TO MY STOMACH...

Our country has betrayed one of it owns for the Mexicans...

justinag06

14-09-2006 12:51:10

watch him stay in jail for a week and it's just a publicity stunt

ffactoryxx

14-09-2006 12:53:32

I don't think its a publicity stunt.

I mean heavily armed Federal Marshels went to his house to get him. I don't think they would so that in a publicity stunt

justinag06

14-09-2006 12:56:57

who knows, we shall see I guess

h3x

14-09-2006 12:57:09

and from what I hear, Mexican jail is no fucking joke... He's probably going to either get raped or killed or maybe both if he doesn't get out of there soon... Same goes for his brother and son.

ffactoryxx

14-09-2006 13:02:56

Yea. This is serious shit he is in.

I mean he went down there without the Mexican Governments concent who doesnt allow bounty hunting and grabbed the guy.

The only way it would have been legal was if the American Government made a deal with Mexico for our officials to grab him or for Mexican officials to grab him and send him back to the US.

Same goes on the flip side. Mexican officials wouldnt be allowed without concent to enter USA and grab someone on thier wanted list. We would have to grab them and sent them back.

justinag06

14-09-2006 13:10:21

right so why 3 years later is the US sending him away to Mexico?

It just doesn't add up, why Mexico would want him so bad after 3 years. Or say they wanted him all along, why now all of a sudden would the US concede and give him away to Mexican officals to be locked away for life. Unless Mexico just wanted to lock him up for a week or two and Dog obliged because he'd love the free publicity

h3x

14-09-2006 14:03:20

They are just trying to look like the U.S. and Mexico have good relations by handing one of our own over to them.

Bentley

14-09-2006 14:10:26

Would he be in prison in Mexico? Because the court asked him to catch this guy so idk.

ffactoryxx

14-09-2006 14:14:43

Yes it would be in mexico because the crime was commited there.

Bentley

14-09-2006 14:19:44

Can't the US like pay Mexico a fine for allowing him to go there and bounty hunt unlawfully?

Kidd

14-09-2006 15:23:37

yea mexican jail is no joke but he is a big guy

h3x

14-09-2006 15:29:21

[quote7045efa758="Kidd"]yea mexican jail is no joke but he is a big guy[/quote7045efa758]

Yeah but he isn't invincible.. A group of gangbangers can easily take him down... They (the gangbangers) will mostly see it as an act of patriotism to kill him.

Kidd

14-09-2006 15:36:13

good point made i hope he gets out of there

JordanE

14-09-2006 15:45:56

I don't understand why the US would hand him over in the first place?

h3x

14-09-2006 16:03:18

[quote06f3ff0e20="JordanE"]I don't understand why the US would hand him over in the first place?[/quote06f3ff0e20]

To create a false perception of good standing U.S.-Mexican relations.

amir89630

14-09-2006 17:32:42

[quote5656fb052e="h3x"][quote5656fb052e="Kidd"]yea mexican jail is no joke but he is a big guy[/quote5656fb052e]

Yeah but he isn't invincible.. A group of gangbangers can easily take him down... They (the gangbangers) will mostly see it as an act of patriotism to kill him.[/quote5656fb052e]

which gangbang are we talking about here.

bballp6699

14-09-2006 17:37:02

I like the show, don't get me wrong, but I read an interesting article about him once. It pretty much was going on about how he became famous for releasing dangerous criminals on his dime and then catching them after they've already done more shit.

Kind of made me think...about Beth's knockers.

Kidd

14-09-2006 18:01:35

sagging fat lady tits

why would u think of that

bballp6699

14-09-2006 18:03:21

Those are a little more than just fat lady tits...

...and I didn't say I wanted to look at them. They go along with the old train wreck saying...

dmorris68

14-09-2006 19:10:44

Okay guys, time for me to put on my Devil's Advocate hat again. You have to think about this from a larger perspective.

While I don't like Dog very much, and his motives behind going to Mexico to catch that scumbag were strictly selfish on his part, I'm glad he did it because we were able to put the guy away.

HOWEVER, the United States has a large number of fugitives who flee to Mexico. We depend on the Mexican government to capture and extradite those fugitives back to us, which they have done many times in the past. We could not just say "screw you" when they asked for Dog, who committed a crime in litheirli country. If we blow off their request, say goodbye to any cooperation from them. And let me tell you, we need their help to apprehend fugutives a helluva lot more often than they need ours.

It's a simple matter of cooperation. As distasteful as it was -- I'm virtually certain the marshals didn't like what they had to do -- the law is the law and we stand to lose far more in the future by denying his extradition than by sucking it up and cooperating.

Oh, and just clear up some misperceptions yeah, Mexican prison is no picnic, but last I looked most US prisons weren't either. Don't believe everything you see on TV. Mexico has it's "posh" prisons just like we do. There is no way they will take a high profile US citizen like Dog and throw him in the worst craphole prison with a bunch of drug runners and gang-bangers. They'll make a big show about trying him, probably give him a year or less in a minimum security prison doing easy time, and then let him go.

And BTW I'm pretty sure Dog knows his way around a prison, considering that he served time for murder. ;)

And I also want to warn people from playing the race card in this discussion. Racism is not tolerated on this forum, and is something I have zero tolerance for as well -- it gets my knickers in a twist quicker than just about anything else. This isn't about race, it's about neighboring countries who need each other's help at times (and fugitive extradition is one of the very few cases where the US needs Mexico's help moreso than Mexico needs ours, as Mexican fugitives rarely flee to the US).

bballp6699

14-09-2006 19:13:57

Laff at you for wearing knickers.

Kidd

14-09-2006 19:29:46

i was reading some mexican prisons let u live with ur wife behind bars u can decorate it anyway u want it. if your staying long enough you can buy a cellphone you can buy anything with money its like free rent in some of their prisons

Brutus

15-09-2006 09:58:46

[quote9638c44d5f]The bounty hunters took him into their own brand of custody June 18, 2003, and returned him to the U.S., where he was jailed the next day.

Which the Mexican authorities frowned upon. [b9638c44d5f]Soon after the Chapmans refused to turn Luster over to the local police in Mexico, they were arrested for "deprivation of liberty." They were scheduled to appear at a court hearing on July 15, 2003, but never showed up.[/b9638c44d5f]
[/quote9638c44d5f]

If Mexican bounty hunters came to the U.S. and snatched somebody we would do the same thing. You would think that a bail bondsman would understand that you can't skip out on a court date without getting into trouble.

I think it is funny that they call him a [quote9638c44d5f]true modern-day hero.[/quote9638c44d5f]and go on to say [quote9638c44d5f]He arrests the bad guys--he is definitely not one of them.[/quote9638c44d5f] This is funny considering that his company is the one that provides them bail.

fgr_admin

15-09-2006 20:37:56

[quoteb9ef93b2bf="dmorris68"]Okay guys, time for me to put on my Devil's Advocate hat again. You have to think about this from a larger perspective.

While I don't like Dog very much, and his motives behind going to Mexico to catch that scumbag were strictly selfish on his part, I'm glad he did it because we were able to put the guy away.

HOWEVER, the United States has a large number of fugitives who flee to Mexico. We depend on the Mexican government to capture and extradite those fugitives back to us, which they have done many times in the past. We could not just say "screw you" when they asked for Dog, who committed a crime in litheirli country. If we blow off their request, say goodbye to any cooperation from them. And let me tell you, we need their help to apprehend fugutives a helluva lot more often than they need ours.

It's a simple matter of cooperation. As distasteful as it was -- I'm virtually certain the marshals didn't like what they had to do -- the law is the law and we stand to lose far more in the future by denying his extradition than by sucking it up and cooperating.

Oh, and just clear up some misperceptions yeah, Mexican prison is no picnic, but last I looked most US prisons weren't either. Don't believe everything you see on TV. Mexico has it's "posh" prisons just like we do. There is no way they will take a high profile US citizen like Dog and throw him in the worst craphole prison with a bunch of drug runners and gang-bangers. They'll make a big show about trying him, probably give him a year or less in a minimum security prison doing easy time, and then let him go.

And BTW I'm pretty sure Dog knows his way around a prison, considering that he served time for murder. ;)

And I also want to warn people from playing the race card in this discussion. Racism is not tolerated on this forum, and is something I have zero tolerance for as well -- it gets my knickers in a twist quicker than just about anything else. This isn't about race, it's about neighboring countries who need each other's help at times (and fugitive extradition is one of the very few cases where the US needs Mexico's help moreso than Mexico needs ours, as Mexican fugitives rarely flee to the US).[/quoteb9ef93b2bf]

Good post.

Mexican prisons suck asss, nuff said. The language barrier puts most americans at bottom of food chain. If you plan on visiting one learn spanish before you go.

supersponger1979

16-09-2006 00:43:24

[quote9ceecc8792="hairyferry"]yeah that dude is nuts, there's somethin not right about that show. Why the heck would you allow your wife to be involved let alone drive your "cop" car during the show.[/quote9ceecc8792]

His wife has HUGE boobs though so that has to count for something...)

kidd2108

16-09-2006 20:15:15

This is Mexico remember? He pays of the judge and a few other people and hes back home. I doubt he'll go to jail.

Aurelius

16-09-2006 20:25:12

[quotea1f54361b6="kidd2108"]This is Mexico remember? He pays of the judge and a few other people and hes back home. I doubt he'll go to jail.[/quotea1f54361b6]

that would only work if you were a small time figure. If he gets out of prison by illegal means, it'll make the news and all that and mexico and whoever did it will look really bad and he'll probably end up going back to jail.

kidd2108

16-09-2006 20:37:49

[quote28ce5e7b92="Aurelius"][quote28ce5e7b92="kidd2108"]This is Mexico remember? He pays of the judge and a few other people and hes back home. I doubt he'll go to jail.[/quote28ce5e7b92]

that would only work if you were a small time figure. If he gets out of prison by illegal means, it'll make the news and all that and mexico and whoever did it will look really bad and he'll probably end up going back to jail.[/quote28ce5e7b92]

lol. nope. everything is corrupt in Mexico. $$$ solves everything no matter who you are. Wait and see. He'll be back in a short while unless he decides to actually go to trial.

Aurelius

16-09-2006 20:49:06

mmm.. guess what i'm watching on A&E right now. gawd it's hilarious, they're advertising "Dog A family speaks" right now. looks kindea lame though

Aurelius

16-09-2006 23:09:12

I think dmorris hit the nail on the head right here... check this[=http//www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/09/16/mexico.extradition.reut/index.html?section=cnn_latest]this out...

kidd2108

16-09-2006 23:18:09

Heres the msnbc video

http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgQ5gQNhg6w

dmorris68

17-09-2006 09:57:51

[quote1c3483068f="Aurelius"]I think dmorris hit the nail on the head right here... check this[=http//www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/09/16/mexico.extradition.reut/index.html?section=cnn_latest]this out...[/quote1c3483068f]
That's exactly what I'm talking about. We've been after the Felix gang for a long time, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were holding him until they got a resolution on Dog.

dmorris68

17-09-2006 10:03:28

[quotecfb506d189="kidd2108"][quotecfb506d189="Aurelius"][quotecfb506d189="kidd2108"]This is Mexico remember? He pays of the judge and a few other people and hes back home. I doubt he'll go to jail.[/quotecfb506d189]

that would only work if you were a small time figure. If he gets out of prison by illegal means, it'll make the news and all that and mexico and whoever did it will look really bad and he'll probably end up going back to jail.[/quotecfb506d189]

lol. nope. everything is corrupt in Mexico. $$$ solves everything no matter who you are. Wait and see. He'll be back in a short while unless he decides to actually go to trial.[/quotecfb506d189]
Tell me something do you have any experience in Mexico? That comment is an example of ignorance borne of television, if you ask me. I've lived there, I still have inlaws there, and while it isn't a place I'd want to live, it isn't the corrupt, lawless backwater that ignorant people think it is.

Yes, Mexican officials have a reputation for being corrupt. But not ALL of them, as your blanket accusation implies. It was a lot worse 20-30 years ago too. Now, it's an entirely different thing. While I'm sure in some podunk village there's still a lot of it going on, just as there are corrupt towns still here in the US, by and large it isn't that different than here. I had a a fellow American buddy get pulled over when I was there, he tried to bribe the cop with his watch. Instead of writing him a ticket, the cop hauled him to jail for attempted bribery. He sat there for 2 days before he could pay his fine and go on his way. Most Mexican cities have been working really hard to fix that image of corruption.

kidd2108

17-09-2006 17:41:06

[quote1e6d5628f1="dmorris68"][quote1e6d5628f1="kidd2108"][quote1e6d5628f1="Aurelius"][quote1e6d5628f1="kidd2108"]This is Mexico remember? He pays of the judge and a few other people and hes back home. I doubt he'll go to jail.[/quote1e6d5628f1]

that would only work if you were a small time figure. If he gets out of prison by illegal means, it'll make the news and all that and mexico and whoever did it will look really bad and he'll probably end up going back to jail.[/quote1e6d5628f1]

lol. nope. everything is corrupt in Mexico. $$$ solves everything no matter who you are. Wait and see. He'll be back in a short while unless he decides to actually go to trial.[/quote1e6d5628f1]
Tell me something do you have any experience in Mexico? That comment is an example of ignorance borne of television, if you ask me. I've lived there, I still have inlaws there, and while it isn't a place I'd want to live, it isn't the corrupt, lawless backwater that ignorant people think it is.

Yes, Mexican officials have a reputation for being corrupt. But not ALL of them, as your blanket accusation implies. It was a lot worse 20-30 years ago too. Now, it's an entirely different thing. While I'm sure in some podunk village there's still a lot of it going on, just as there are corrupt towns still here in the US, by and large it isn't that different than here. I had a a fellow American buddy get pulled over when I was there, he tried to bribe the cop with his watch. Instead of writing him a ticket, the cop hauled him to jail for attempted bribery. He sat there for 2 days before he could pay his fine and go on his way. Most Mexican cities have been working really hard to fix that image of corruption.[/quote1e6d5628f1]

yea, i know. Mexico has defintely changed over the past 4 years with a new President from a different party things have been better. I agree that corruption has been cut down, but Mexico is still corrupt. You can still bribe most everyone. You can get away with almost anything.

Yes I have plenty of experience in Mexico. I was living there for 2 years of High Shcool. It was great cause I lived by myself. )

I had to bribe an official at the airport just to get out of the country. I was living as an American for 2 years in Mexico. lol It was either that or spend countless hours getting papers just to leave.

Yes, there are cops that will put you away for a bribe,but thats like a 1 in 10 chance of happening. A cop(not a captain or anything like that) in Mexico makes about $250 every 2 weeks.

Kidd

19-09-2006 18:24:54

the new episode is on 2nite there gonna tell you what happened and what ever classic material here