Nintendo Wii: November 19th, $250

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=45725

michae229

13-09-2006 22:45:59

I didn't see any post so i guess ill post I think old school games will range from 10-50 bux and they claim to be on track on their target 4 million units at launch. what i think will happen putting my economic skillz at play is this will probly be the most successful launch in console history comparing that to ps3 and the 360. And what i think is since they will out number the ps3 500,000 launch parents in my opinion will see the wii and no ps3 and just buy a wii i don't think people will buy both wii and the 360 at the same time unless they are my age and i don't see that happen unless you have a 360 already and i think a 360 price drop is in the near future. and i bet Trainn can fulfill all the orders and never have a drought unless demand is very high

---- but damn whats with the drops back in the day price drops didn't happen till like 2 year after launch is technology getting outdated this fast???????????

unknown uchiha

13-09-2006 23:00:02

I think I'll preorder a PS3, buy it along with everything I can get for it, eBay that thing around the Holidays, and then use that money to get a Wii =D

BD2006BD

13-09-2006 23:21:27

so will we be able to walk into the store and buy a wii? or will it be sold out like the 360? This is good to know.. i'm not sure if i'm gonna get it or not yet though.

Bentley

13-09-2006 23:40:29

[quote1660df7e4d="BD2006BD"]so will we be able to walk into the store and buy a wii? or will it be sold out like the 360? This is good to know.. i'm not sure if i'm gonna get it or not yet though.[/quote1660df7e4d]

Trying to figure out if its worth ebaying heh? Same here but since they said they would have 4mil by the end of this year and theres only be 3 months left most likely you can just walk in and buy it. But you can expect soccer moms to be buying these for the holidays with only a $250 price tag so during christmas there probably gonna sell like crazy but im not sure about sold out.

EDIT And oh yah gg Zelda TP will be fully compatible with wii so hopefully this is true because its expected to come out in November.

justinag06

13-09-2006 23:41:48

more details and corrections

also comes with wii sports, free wifi gaming, nunchuck attachment

Wii Sports features tennis, baseball, golf and previously unannounced bowling and boxing games.

new games will cost $50

virtual console games will run $5, $8, $10 /NES, SNES, N64

wii remote - $40

nunchuck attachment - $20

classic controller - $20 ( to play the SNES and N64 games)

BD2006BD

13-09-2006 23:45:35

[quotea81c74b82f="Bentley"][quotea81c74b82f="BD2006BD"]so will we be able to walk into the store and buy a wii? or will it be sold out like the 360? This is good to know.. i'm not sure if i'm gonna get it or not yet though.[/quotea81c74b82f]

Trying to figure out if its worth ebaying heh? Same here but since they said they would have 4mil by the end of this year and theres only be 3 months left most likely you can just walk in and buy it. But you can expect soccer moms to be buying these for the holidays with only a $250 price tag so during christmas there probably gonna sell like crazy but im not sure about sold out.

EDIT And oh yah gg Zelda TP will be fully compatible with wii so hopefully this is true because its expected to come out in November.[/quotea81c74b82f]

I was actually just wondering in case I wanted to go into the store to pick it up. For some reason I never thought wii as going for more on ebay, but I think PS3 going for really high on ebay.

edit whats the source for all of that info?

Bentley

13-09-2006 23:47:26

[quotec6abfe3af5="BD2006BD"][quotec6abfe3af5="Bentley"][quotec6abfe3af5="BD2006BD"]so will we be able to walk into the store and buy a wii? or will it be sold out like the 360? This is good to know.. i'm not sure if i'm gonna get it or not yet though.[/quotec6abfe3af5]

EDIT And oh yah gg Zelda TP will be fully compatible with wii so hopefully this is true because its expected to come out in November.[/quotec6abfe3af5]

I was actually just wondering in case I wanted to go into the store to pick it up. For some reason I never thought wii as going for more on ebay, but I think PS3 going for really high on ebay.

edit whats the source for all of that info?[/quotec6abfe3af5]

http//wii.ign.com/articles/732/732669p1.html

It all depends on supply and demand =)

bruman

13-09-2006 23:57:11

Once the wii gets modded.. that is gonna be hella awesome.

Emulators.. classic controllers....

h3x

14-09-2006 01:36:48

No Wii for me... No offense, but they don't have any good titles at all... I'm not interested in a console that caters mostly to children's games... Also, the games are repetitive (and they are basically remaking games now)... More Mario, More Zelda, More Metroid... Sure, it was fun for a while, but I've grown tired of it.

The very few "teen to mature" titles they will have will most likely be available on the PS3 or XBOX 360.. and I just don't see any point of getting a Wii...

As for emulation, my XBOX does all of that already and then some.

I don't even have an XBOX 360 yet and I'm not even in a big rush to buy one or any other seventh gen console. The XBOX is plenty for me when I actually play video games (I have to admit, I only play video games maybe 2-3 hours in a week, and it's almost always the Sega Dreamcast and the NES).

Bentley

14-09-2006 02:00:29

[quotef5da9dbca1="h3x"]No Wii for me... No offense, but they don't have any good titles at all... I'm not interested in a console that caters mostly to children's games... Also, the games are repetitive (and they are basically remaking games now)... More Mario, More Zelda, More Metroid... Sure, it was fun for a while, but I've grown tired of it.

The very few "teen to mature" titles they will have will most likely be available on the PS3 or XBOX 360.. and I just don't see any point of getting a Wii...

I don't even have an XBOX 360 yet and I'm not even in a big rush to buy one or any other seventh gen console. The XBOX is plenty for me when I actually play video games (I have to admit, I only play video games maybe 2-3 hours in a week, and it's almost always the Sega Dreamcast and the NES).[/quotef5da9dbca1]

I don't really understand what you mean by repetitive. By using the same word in a previous title it becomes repetitive? Last time I played (I actually played these games) Metroid Prime 2 was different than the first one. Wind Waker was different from OOT, Mario Sunshine was different from Mario 64, where does it get repetitive besides the name? (Assuming you have played these games), the only game I can think of thats actually repetitive "gameplay" is Mario Party. But at least you can always look foward to good ol GTA (that game never gets repetitive) on PS3 and 360.

DIABLO

14-09-2006 04:05:01

Wii's are great for partys ) Just like a LAN.

h3x

14-09-2006 04:34:21

[quoteba64f18c2d="Bentley"][quoteba64f18c2d="h3x"]No Wii for me... No offense, but they don't have any good titles at all... I'm not interested in a console that caters mostly to children's games... Also, the games are repetitive (and they are basically remaking games now)... More Mario, More Zelda, More Metroid... Sure, it was fun for a while, but I've grown tired of it.

I don't even have an XBOX 360 yet and I'm not even in a big rush to buy one or any other seventh gen console. The XBOX is plenty for me when I actually play video games (I have to admit, I only play video games maybe 2-3 hours in a week, and it's almost always the Sega Dreamcast and the NES).[/quoteba64f18c2d]

I don't really understand what you mean by repetitive. By using the same word in a previous title it becomes repetitive? Last time I played (I actually played these games) Metroid Prime 2 was different than the first one. Wind Waker was different from OOT, Mario Sunshine was different from Mario 64, where does it get repetitive besides the name? (Assuming you have played these games), the only game I can think of thats actually repetitive "gameplay" is Mario Party. But at least you can always look foward to good ol GTA (that game never gets repetitive) on PS3 and 360.[/quoteba64f18c2d]

By repetiveness, I mean the fact that they keep making a bunch of Mario, Zelda and Metroid games... Now, I know these characters are what made Nintendo what it is today, but... Nintendo needs some diversity... Some new characters and a new plot... I'm not saying to stop making Mario/Zelda/Metroid games... But let them cool down for a bit and come up with new ideas and try to create another Nintendo legend in the making.

... and most importantly, try to reach out to older audiences...

romanodog

14-09-2006 06:10:34

I'm 23, and i'm probably way more excited about these games than any of these children you're talking about. Who cares if the games arent "mature" as long as they are fun, right? Thats what its all about...fun. I played gta for a while, it was fun driving around and killing people, but talk about a snooze fest. Pop in mario party or wario ware with a couple friends and you have hours of entertainment thats actually fun.
Also, why create new characters when what you have is doing so well. I know that if i get a zelda, mario, metroid, etc. game i'm going to enjoy it.

romanodog

14-09-2006 06:14:50

oh also i forgot to mention that i just shit my pants

nobody2000

14-09-2006 07:20:32

The "repetitive" games is what makes it all the better for these systems. Mario is like a childhood friend of mine, still kicking ass after 20 years. Link learned how to use a sword with me while I was banging Zelda in the background. COME ON!!!

I just don't get why people are so forgiving to nintendo after Gamecube...the Wii hasn't proven anythign to me (although I'm still excited about it).

junkie06

14-09-2006 08:17:03

im just gonna do a site for paypal and go pick one up at the store...im guarenenteed it that way on nov 19th

justinag06

14-09-2006 12:20:36

yeah I could care less who shows their tits or curses in a game I play, if I am navigating a cartoon or a real life rendered person. It strictly comes down to the gameplay.

Resident Evil 4 was one of the few mature games I actually liked and that was on the Gamecube. Eternal Darkness was very cool too, I credit that more to Silicon Knights though then Nintendo. They definatly tried to bring the mature games though.

Zelda, Mario, and Metroid never get boring to me. First of all they just started making 3-D Metroid's and they are awesome, and Zelda and Mario always change just enough of the gameplay from game to game that it seems so different.

I wasn't a huge fan of the last mario though, and I don't see myself liking this one yet. I'd rather see Super Mario 64 2.

I don't want to see Nintendo making games like GTA either. Now I do hope someone comes along and makes a stellar FPS. It will be so much fun to play with the Wii-Zapper, hopefully they do it online too.

schizerbone

14-09-2006 12:49:12

I don't think there's been one Mario game I didn't like. I even learned to type with Mario Teaches Typing....lol.

schizerbone

14-09-2006 12:50:57

[quote4086a89147="justinag06"]yeah I could care less who shows their tits or curses in a game I play, if I am navigating a cartoon or a real life rendered person. It strictly comes down to the gameplay.

Resident Evil 4 was one of the few mature games I actually liked and that was on the Gamecube. Eternal Darkness was very cool too, I credit that more to Silicon Knights though then Nintendo. They definatly tried to bring the mature games though.

Zelda, Mario, and Metroid never get boring to me. First of all they just started making 3-D Metroid's and they are awesome, and Zelda and Mario always change just enough of the gameplay from game to game that it seems so different.

I wasn't a huge fan of the last mario though, and I don't see myself liking this one yet. I'd rather see Super Mario 64 2.

I don't want to see Nintendo making games like GTA either. Now I do hope someone comes along and makes a stellar FPS. It will be so much fun to play with the Wii-Zapper, hopefully they do it online too.[/quote4086a89147]

I just realized where I saw your avatar before...it was bugging me for awhile....leprechauns!!

justinag06

14-09-2006 12:52:39

Give me the gold bitch!

h3x

14-09-2006 13:05:59

Now did I say anywhere that the games should involve nudity, violence or strong language? You're just taking my words and twisting them around...

I said Nintendo needs to reach out to older audiences... That doesn't mean they need to create sexually-explicit games or games with lots of gore in them... They just need to create games with a story and plot that's tailored more to teenagers and young adults. You can definetely do that without all the swearing and gore.

I'm not saying teenagers and adults dislike Mario, Zelda or Metroid... I still enjoy the original Mario Bros. on the NES and Mario World on the SNES... I'm just saying that they should give a little room for a new creative character and plot to add to the franchise... I'm not saying to stop making Mario/Zelda/Metroid games... But don't go overboard on them by making Mario Tennis, Mario Soccer, Mario Basketball, Mario Ping Pong (I'm exaggerating here, but you get my point)... But rather give a little time and effort to make something new and exciting... Something that define's Nintendo alongside it's classic characters into the 21st century... I know they can do it.

justinag06

14-09-2006 13:24:56

http//www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/topics/wii_preview/movie/lineup.html

h3x

14-09-2006 13:32:55

All I saw were current franchise titles, sports games (including pool and ping pong) and a handful of games that will probably never see the light of day in the U.S.

... and a Sonic game... But I know that will be available on the XBOX 360 when it comes out.

Wolfeman

14-09-2006 13:37:10

I'll get the Wii when its like $100...

h3x

14-09-2006 13:40:47

lol i did enjoy the american actors for the promo.. i got a nice chuckle out of that lol

justinag06

14-09-2006 13:42:49

[quote2aa0386801="h3x"]All I saw were current franchise titles, sports games (including pool and ping pong) and a handful of games that will probably never see the light of day in the U.S.

... and a Sonic game... But I know that will be available on the XBOX 360 when it comes out.[/quote2aa0386801]

most of those games should see the light of day in the US

The music one, the cooking one, the surgery one. Also there was a Resident Evil title, and another mature game.

In addition to Red Steel, the one where the guy is wielding the sword and gun.

http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_steel

h3x

14-09-2006 13:45:31

[quotef478f6f428="justinag06"][quotef478f6f428="h3x"]All I saw were current franchise titles, sports games (including pool and ping pong) and a handful of games that will probably never see the light of day in the U.S.

... and a Sonic game... But I know that will be available on the XBOX 360 when it comes out.[/quotef478f6f428]

The music one, the cooking one, the surgery one. Also there was a Resident Evil title, and another mature game.

http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_steel[/quotef478f6f428]

Well I didn't say NONE of the games would make it to the U.S., but those Japanese-esque games (like the cooking and surgery one you mentioned)... There's no chance for it here. Americans don't see video games in the same light as the Japanese and I cannot see either two making it here to the U.S., but I could be wrong. I'm just stating my opinion.

Bentley

14-09-2006 13:51:54

[quote232f822807="h3x"]All I saw were current franchise titles, sports games (including pool and ping pong) and a handful of games that will probably never see the light of day in the U.S.

... and a Sonic game... But I know that will be available on the XBOX 360 when it comes out.[/quote232f822807]

I think you just don't like Nintendo. They always figure out new ways to play a game but since the games don't cater to your FPS needs its not a good system. I don't think you have really played gamecube because they have very good games that aren't rated mature or anything.

h3x

14-09-2006 13:54:37

[quotefa23dc63a2="Bentley"][quotefa23dc63a2="h3x"]All I saw were current franchise titles, sports games (including pool and ping pong) and a handful of games that will probably never see the light of day in the U.S.

... and a Sonic game... But I know that will be available on the XBOX 360 when it comes out.[/quotefa23dc63a2]

I think you just don't like Nintendo. They always figure out new ways to play a game but since the games don't cater to your FPS needs its not a good system. I don't think you have really played gamecube because they have very good games that aren't rated mature or anything.[/quotefa23dc63a2]

OK, Now you're just acting like a child...

Please quit putting words in my mouth... This is the second time I've asked you to stop doing that.

... and I did own a GameCube. I had it for a couple of years and sold it thereafter. Only games I really liked on there (that were Gamecube exclusive) were Resident Evil 0 and 4... (and it wasn't because they were shooters roll)

[EDIT Oh.. and I did enjoy Super Smash Bros. Melee]

BD2006BD

14-09-2006 14:01:13

go smoke some weed

michae229

14-09-2006 14:03:36

best game was mario 64 the rest weren't good they need a sequel to mario they have a good track record with sequels.

justinag06

14-09-2006 14:07:12

[quote897a1f7ce2="h3x"][quote897a1f7ce2="justinag06"][quote897a1f7ce2="h3x"]All I saw were current franchise titles, sports games (including pool and ping pong) and a handful of games that will probably never see the light of day in the U.S.

... and a Sonic game... But I know that will be available on the XBOX 360 when it comes out.[/quote897a1f7ce2]

http//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_steel[/quote897a1f7ce2]

Well I didn't say NONE of the games would make it to the U.S., but those Japanese-esque games (like the cooking and surgery one you mentioned)... There's no chance for it here. Americans don't see video games in the same light as the Japanese and I cannot see either two making it here to the U.S., but I could be wrong. I'm just stating my opinion.[/quote897a1f7ce2]

I could only dig up stuff on the surgery one and the music one, but i'm pretty sure the majority of those quirky japanese games are coming stateside.

http//wii.ign.com/articles/708/708017p1.html

http//wii.ign.com/articles/707/707286p1.html
now are the mature...no, but they do look original and fun.

h3x

14-09-2006 14:23:53

I didn't say the games had to be mature.... You know what.. Forget it. You and Bentley are failing to comprehend what I'm saying.

justinag06

14-09-2006 14:30:44

im not trying to punk ya dude, just presenting some info you might not have known or been missinformed about.

Bentley

14-09-2006 14:35:59

Well you said you weren't interested in a console that caters to children games which is a something I do here quite often from PS2 and/or XBOX users that try and downplay Nintendo. And both those systems have alot more Teen and Mature rated games than GC. Im just saying it sounds like another one of those GC and Wii is for kids because it has so many games rated "E" which stand for Everyone than T-M games. Im not trying to be mean or anything but it kind of like saying (but I hope your not implying) that since they cater to children games then children cater to Nintendo.

h3x

14-09-2006 14:38:30

[quote05523474df="justinag06"]im not trying to punk ya dude, just presenting some info you might not have known or been missinformed about.[/quote05523474df]

I know you aren't...

I'll say this one more time... The games [b05523474df]don't[/b05523474df] have to be rated Mature... I simply said that Nintendo should try to reach out to a more mature audience by making games specifically tailored to teenagers and young adults... That in no way has to do with the rating of the game.

[quote05523474df]Well you said you weren't interested in a console that caters to children games which is a something I do here quite often from PS2 and/or XBOX users that try and downplay Nintendo. And both those systems have alot more Teen and Mature rated games than GC. Im just saying it sounds like another one of those GC and Wii is for kids because it has so many games rated "E" which stand for Everyone than T-M games. Im not trying to be mean or anything but it kind of like saying (but I hope your not implying) that since they cater to children games then children cater to Nintendo.[/quote05523474df]

Look Bentley, Nintendo has been primarily focusing on games targeted for younger childreen and pre-teens. Now I didn't say that they don't make games targeted towards teenagers and young adults... It's just uncommon for the GameCube... Nintendo has even gone on record saying they are focusing the GameCube more on a family-friendly audience... Which is fine. I can understand they want to think of games the whole family can enjoy.. But that doesn't mean that you can't balance things out a bit... The XBOX and PlayStation are known to cater more to the teenager to young adult audience, yet they still cater plenty of games that are family friendly... I just think Nintendo needs to follow a similar model as it's competitors...

cdsnwboard

14-09-2006 14:41:30

Have to agree Theres nothin like whiping ur friends in Mario Cart on the gamecube, after getting ur ass kicked in HALO 2 on the XBOX.

cdsnwboard

14-09-2006 14:44:00

[quote141348b32b="BD2006BD"]go smoke some weed[/quote141348b32b]

Smoking Mary Juanwana is very harmful to your health, youngman. You are frying ur brain from the inside-out.

h3x

14-09-2006 14:47:16

[quote4c6a44526b="cdsnwboard"][quote4c6a44526b="BD2006BD"]go smoke some weed[/quote4c6a44526b]

Smoking Mary Juanwana is very harmful to your health, youngman. You are frying ur brain from the inside-out.[/quote4c6a44526b]

The same thing can be said about being a degenerate scammer with negative TR.

schizerbone

14-09-2006 14:47:33

Super Mario Sunshine is great for GC...

Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Party, etc. were all good games. I heard great things about that basketball Mario game on the DS. Just because kids [iee61b42429]can [/iee61b42429]play it, doesn't mean it's only for kids...

When is the new Mario for the Wii supposed to come out? Did they announce that?

h3x

14-09-2006 14:50:28

[quotefac0bd6394="schizerbone"]Super Mario Sunshine is great for GC...

Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Mario Party, etc. were all good games. I heard great things about that basketball Mario game on the DS. Just because kids [ifac0bd6394]can [/ifac0bd6394]play it, doesn't mean it's only for kids...

When is the new Mario for the Wii supposed to come out? Did they announce that?[/quotefac0bd6394]

lol i didn't even know there was a mario basketball game... I was just saying that to exaggerate my point a little shock

I guess I wasn't exaggerating after all ;)

justinag06

14-09-2006 14:52:13

yeah the kiddie appeal of the games was always overlooked by the really fun gameplay to me.

I think SSBM was one of the best games on any system last generation, and even though Zelda looked childish I found it incredibly fun.

Did you ever play Eternal Darkness? I thought that game was really fucking great and it was dark and mature, and original at every level. However nintendo didn't market it well and not a lot of people knew about it

Bentley

14-09-2006 14:53:25

[quoteaf1b826caa="h3x"][quoteaf1b826caa="justinag06"]im not trying to punk ya dude, just presenting some info you might not have known or been missinformed about.[/quoteaf1b826caa]

I know you aren't...

I'll say this one more time... The games [baf1b826caa]don't[/baf1b826caa] have to be rated Mature... I simply said that Nintendo should try to reach out to a more mature audience by making games specifically tailored to teenagers and young adults... That in no way has to do with the rating of the game.

[quoteaf1b826caa]Well you said you weren't interested in a console that caters to children games which is a something I do here quite often from PS2 and/or XBOX users that try and downplay Nintendo. And both those systems have alot more Teen and Mature rated games than GC. Im just saying it sounds like another one of those GC and Wii is for kids because it has so many games rated "E" which stand for Everyone than T-M games. Im not trying to be mean or anything but it kind of like saying (but I hope your not implying) that since they cater to children games then children cater to Nintendo.[/quoteaf1b826caa]

Look Bentley, Nintendo has been primarily focusing on games targeted for younger childreen and pre-teens. Now I didn't say that they don't make games targeted towards teenagers and young adults... It's just uncommon for the GameCube... Nintendo has even gone on record saying they are focusing the GameCube more on a family-friendly audience... Which is fine. I can understand they want to think of games the whole family can enjoy.. But that doesn't mean that you can't balance things out a bit... The XBOX and PlayStation are known to cater more to the teenager to young adult audience, yet they still cater plenty of games that are family friendly... I just think Nintendo needs to follow a similar model as it's competitors...[/quoteaf1b826caa]

I know they try to target family friendly games but I haven't read somewhere where they try to target young children and pre-teens (14 and under) but based on the graphics and title people seem to think. Games that people underestimate, Mario Sunshine and LoZWW (very underestimated gc titles) anyone can play them.