good hosting for ruby on rails site?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=45684

kyks17

13-09-2006 10:30:39

so i've never paid for hosting before, just built sites on geocities and such, and thus know almost nothing about hosting. im building a site in ruby on rails, and am looking for a place that can host that, PHP, and preferably Perl, Python, etc. so far my search has led me to hostingrails.com which seems like a good deal to try out, since i can try it free for a year. the other one ive found is dreamhost, and i think i recall people saying they suck, but other people seem to love them.

just wondering if anyone could recommend a good host, thanks and +kma D

TryinToGetPaid

13-09-2006 10:33:07

i heard godaddy.com was good, but I also need to know the answer to this question as well.

dmorris68

13-09-2006 11:07:14

AFAIK GoDaddy doesn't host Ruby on Rails, unless it's a new feature. And I've heard less than steller reports of their hosting, although I've been using them for years as a domain registrar and have been quite happy with that.

Sorry, I haven't jumped on the RoR bandwagon (I don't really like what I've seen of it, but then again I'm a jaded Java/PHP guy, so...), so I haven't kept up with who has good hosting.

kyks17

13-09-2006 11:19:23

im a java/php chic, just starting out with RoR D making some test apps has been fun and pretty automated, so i thought id give it a go for a real site

GoDaddy seems to support RoR if u get hosted on linux by them. actually they support tons more if u use linux with em heh