Why Macs piss me off so much.

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=45522

ilanbg

09-09-2006 20:55:11

1. Mac OS X is incredibly awesome. This means I will have to use Macs no matter what. While MS forces you to upgrade by making their software shittier and shittier if you don't upgrade to the next version, Apple forces you to upgrade by making OS X more and more useful. The bastards.

2. Their hardware is expensive. It doesn't matter that it comes with software so that you don't need to buy any. I pirate my software anyway and I'd pirate the programs that come with the Mac if they weren't free (and if I actually used all of them...). It doesn't matter that the computer will still run fine after three years. It should be pretty obvious that I'm going to upgrade to a new computer every three years whether I need to or not. Or, in the case of the iPod, every six months.

3. The inspiration behind this post Their hardware, in addition to being expensive, is shit. Stories about recalls for their crap are so common that nobody even makes a fuss about it anymore, because they're just happy that their crap wasn't injured. Whether it's orange smudges on the white Macbooks or cracking screens on the iPod Nano, you will actually feel lucky when you have a piece of hardware that doesn't have a major defect.

4. The actual inspiration behind this post Their hardware is so impossible to mess around with that even their technicians will fuck something up. My Macbook started randomly turning off. This problem was publicly announced by Apple last week but the problem had been occurring for about three months on mine. Worried that this was doing something bad to the hard-drive and that I might lose my stuff, I sent it away to be fixed. I got it back and the logic board had been moved, apparently, which means that while the computer didn't randomly shut down anymore, it no longer turned on (random or not). (But at least they replaced the parts of the Macbook that were covered in orange smudges.) Having sent it away and gotten it back for a third time, the arrow keys on my computer have lost almost all functionality. I have to mash at them if I want them to do what they did perfectly well before. I would consider sending it away, but I'm feeling lucky that I my Macbook has only a minor defect and I don't want to push it.

As soon as OS X is ported to PC I'm dumping my Macbook, and as soon as an MP3 player that can play Apple Lossless and functions with iTunes is developed I'm dumping my iPod. evil

Gigante

09-09-2006 21:03:55

Plus their commercials suck.

Akademikz

09-09-2006 21:05:13

[quote77af828cd2="Gigante"]Plus their commercials suck.[/quote77af828cd2]

Have you seen the new ones with an actor playing a PC and an actor playing a Mac? Those are pretty awesome.

unknown uchiha

09-09-2006 21:05:18

lol. Yeah that makes sense.

I still like my Macbook =D

ilanbg

09-09-2006 21:06:33

[quote4037af45dd="Akademikz"][quote4037af45dd="Gigante"]Plus their commercials suck.[/quote4037af45dd]

Have you seen the new ones with an actor playing a PC and an actor playing a Mac? Those are pretty awesome.[/quote4037af45dd]

I think that's what he was referring to. Those commercials a fucking stupid. (The only good commercials they have are the ones with celebrities who just say whatever they want. Will Ferrell's version is great.)

That said though, I've never seen a good computer commercial though.

Akademikz

09-09-2006 21:08:19

Meh, they're alright for a computer commercial. I've never seen anything better.

ilanbg

09-09-2006 21:13:24

That's true, but come on, they treat you like an idiot.

"Hi, I'm a Mac. I look like a talking human so that you will be able to understand my awesomeness."

"Hi, I'm a PC. I'll be using awful analogies that will make scary computer stuff, like viruses, simpler for you to understand."

"Whoa there, PC. Looks like you're sick. Let me compare the lack of interest hackers have in coding viruses to my immune system."

"Yep, I'm sick. In addition to your superior immune system, you are obviously the cool young computer that is still in shape and not contemplating suicide."

[Cue Apple logo.]

I look forward to the Mac commercial that shows two guys fucking a girl, who comments on how one of them (the Mac) is making her cum and how the other guy (the PC) has a tiny, limp dick.

Bill

09-09-2006 21:16:53

No problems here with my Macbook Pro. Can't say the same about my Dell desktop. I've had it for 4 months so far.

Akademikz

09-09-2006 21:18:00

Your invisionment of a commercial reminds me of Crank; which I just got back from seeing actually. There's this scene where he bangs his girlfriend right in the middle of Chinatown and everyone is watching him and he can't get it up. When he finally manages to all the asian people start cheering for him. Pretty entertaining.

h3x

09-09-2006 21:18:40

[quote5d10810bb1="ilanbg"]That's true, but come on, they treat you like an idiot.

"Hi, I'm a Mac. I look like a talking human so that you will be able to understand my awesomeness."

"Hi, I'm a PC. I'll be using awful analogies that will make scary computer stuff, like viruses, simpler for you to understand."

"Whoa there, PC. Looks like you're sick. Let me compare the lack of interest hackers have in coding viruses to my immune system."

"Yep, I'm sick. In addition to your superior immune system, you are obviously the cool young computer that is still in shape and not contemplating suicide."

[Cue Apple logo.]

I look forward to the Mac commercial that shows two guys fucking a girl, who comments on how one of them (the Mac) is making her cum and how the other guy (the PC) has a tiny, limp dick.[/quote5d10810bb1]

What... the... fuck..?

Have you been smoking crystal meth?

Akademikz

09-09-2006 21:24:01

[quotecd5fd279e8="h3x"][quotecd5fd279e8="ilanbg"]That's true, but come on, they treat you like an idiot.

[Cue Apple logo.]

I look forward to the Mac commercial that shows two guys fucking a girl, who comments on how one of them (the Mac) is making her cum and how the other guy (the PC) has a tiny, limp dick.[/quotecd5fd279e8]

What... the... fuck..?

What the hell are you smoking over there?[/quotecd5fd279e8]

Clearly some better shit than you, haha. We don't see you coming up with any awesome ideas like that.. now do we? lol

GCY

09-09-2006 21:26:45

[quote4674aa7b72="ilanbg"]
As soon as OS X is ported to PC I'm dumping my Macbookevil[/quote4674aa7b72]
It's already done......more than a year ago lol

this is the only site u'll need
http//www.osx86project.org/
running mac on PC. If it weren't for the internet, audio, and graphic problems, osx would be my main os on my PC. I have no idea how to fix them, so I never run it again.

I just purchased a macbook a week ago(first mac), so far its running prefectly without errors or programs. The two things that brothers me is it runs extermely hot and the battery just plain suck.

ilanbg

09-09-2006 21:30:23

[quote2d3bb8ea28="h3x"]What... the... fuck..?

Have you been smoking crystal meth?[/quote2d3bb8ea28]

Using a Mac must feel the same way. (

Eh, I'm bashing on Macs even though I don't really care. It still stands that Apple has made me say "I love technology" and "I hate technology" more than any other company.

[quote2d3bb8ea28="GCY"][If it weren't for the internet, audio, and graphic problems, osx would be my main os on my PC. I have no idea how to fix them, so I never run it again.[/quote2d3bb8ea28]

Obviously I mean when it's ported effectively enough to use.

[quote2d3bb8ea28="GCY"]
I just purchased a macbook a week ago(first mac), so far its running prefectly without errors or programs. The two things that brothers me is it runs extermely hot and the battery just plain suck.[/quote2d3bb8ea28]

lol, you're saying the same thing as me. "The software kicks ass and the hardware sucks."

h3x

09-09-2006 21:33:48

[quote1e1e1b7fb0="Akademikz"][quote1e1e1b7fb0="h3x"][quote1e1e1b7fb0="ilanbg"]That's true, but come on, they treat you like an idiot.

[Cue Apple logo.]

I look forward to the Mac commercial that shows two guys fucking a girl, who comments on how one of them (the Mac) is making her cum and how the other guy (the PC) has a tiny, limp dick.[/quote1e1e1b7fb0]

What... the... fuck..?

What the hell are you smoking over there?[/quote1e1e1b7fb0]

Clearly some better shit than you, haha. We don't see you coming up with any awesome ideas like that.. now do we? lol[/quote1e1e1b7fb0]

You can't turn shit into gold.

ilanbg

09-09-2006 21:36:00

[quoteb728da15cb="h3x"]You can't turn shit into gold.[/quoteb728da15cb]

But you can turn it into oil, and nobody goes to war over gold.

h3x

09-09-2006 21:39:47

[quote5ec7fe5776="ilanbg"][quote5ec7fe5776="h3x"]You can't turn shit into gold.[/quote5ec7fe5776]

But you can turn it into oil, and nobody goes to war over gold.[/quote5ec7fe5776]

They should... That's how money works... Paper money is [b5ec7fe5776]supposed[/b5ec7fe5776] to be worth a certain amount of the nation's "precious metal" supply...

Anyways, when I was referring to "shit", I wasn't talking about your post (though I did find it a bit awkward).. I was referring to the Mac commercials in general... I don't want to get our lines crossed.

GCY

09-09-2006 21:44:21

[quote28e0090ee0="ilanbg"][quote28e0090ee0="h3x"]What... the... fuck..?

Have you been smoking crystal meth?[/quote28e0090ee0]

Using a Mac must feel the same way. (

Eh, I'm bashing on Macs even though I don't really care. It still stands that Apple has made me say "I love technology" and "I hate technology" more than any other company.

[quote28e0090ee0="GCY"][If it weren't for the internet, audio, and graphic problems, osx would be my main os on my PC. I have no idea how to fix them, so I never run it again.[/quote28e0090ee0]

Obviously I mean when it's ported effectively enough to use.

[quote28e0090ee0="GCY"]
I just purchased a macbook a week ago(first mac), so far its running prefectly without errors or programs. The two things that brothers me is it runs extermely hot and the battery just plain suck.[/quote28e0090ee0]

lol, you're saying the same thing as me. "The software kicks ass and the hardware sucks."[/quote28e0090ee0]
it is....there are all these hacks u gotta do. internet, audio, and graphic will run prefectly if u know what to do. Others are reporting osx runs prefectly fine on their windows machine. I did that like 3-4 months ago, by now it should be a lot easier to get these things working

icy

09-09-2006 21:48:13

Their commercials are very condescending. Plus Jobs is the Antichrist.

EatChex89

09-09-2006 21:50:37

my iBook is the best

ilanbg

09-09-2006 22:00:34

[quoteb25e14aadf][quoteb25e14aadf="ilanbg"][quoteb25e14aadf="h3x"]You can't turn shit into gold.[/quoteb25e14aadf]

But you can turn it into oil, and nobody goes to war over gold.[/quoteb25e14aadf]

They should... That's how money works... Paper money is [bb25e14aadf]supposed[/bb25e14aadf] to be worth a certain amount of the nation's "precious metal" supply...[/quoteb25e14aadf]

Well, Africans go to war over diamond mines, so I suppose that's pretty close.

[quoteb25e14aadf]Anyways, when I was referring to "shit", I wasn't talking about your post (though I did find it a bit awkward).. I was referring to the Mac commercials in general... I don't want to get our lines crossed.[/quoteb25e14aadf]

I know, I was bustin' your balls.

EatChex89

09-09-2006 23:26:48

did you know GE can mass produce diamonds whenever they want?

but they don't because they have a deal with the main diamond maker/jewlery seller (not sure the name) that they will only sell industrial diamonds and not sell jewlery as long as the jewlery seller doesn't sell industrial diamonds.

and so it stays.

ilanbg

09-09-2006 23:34:23

From what I hear the quality of industrial diamonds is not as good as authentic ones.

Plus, girls hate the fake stuff because they know it's cheaper, and thus obviously less valuable.

ilanbg

14-09-2006 07:29:00

MY MAC CAN DO NO WRONG.

So I downloaded the various updates Apple offered yesterday after the keynote.

My mac no longer turns on. Same problem as what was diagnosed as a "logic board problem" above.

FUCK.

johnjimjones

14-09-2006 07:37:45

With a PC you should have no problem with virusus as long as you know how to use it. I've had PCs for however long and even with my family, we've never had a virus that someone hasn't downloaded themself. Viruses don't just go around infecting computers (some do), the user (basically) has to allow it.

Wolfeman

14-09-2006 13:37:49

[quoted3bc753441="Gigante"]Plus their commercials suck.[/quoted3bc753441]
QFT!!!!!!