Sad day in tennis

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=45253

johnjimjones

03-09-2006 11:41:02

Last match of Andre Agassi. Such an amazing player, you'd know what I mean if you saw the Bagdadis match. USA Tennis won't be the same.

Aurelius

03-09-2006 11:47:00

i always thought he was an amazing player. i watched the replay of his match against blake from last years us open where they just went back and forth and it was amazing even thought i've seen it before and knew what was going to happen. must suck for becker cause people are gonna hate on him for ending his run.

hehehhehe

03-09-2006 12:06:23

Yeah I watched his last two matches, it's a shame he couldn't pull it off again today. He was limping around a lot so I guess in the end it's better that he finished sooner. Just to think he was in the finals a year ago...

Man, a lot of us playing tennis tried to copy his groundstrokes growing up. He really did change tennis and that's no exaggeration.

VrExe

03-09-2006 12:13:20

He definitely was good. But his chance to shine has been long gone. Look at his age. Mid 30s? An athelete's golden age only lasts a few years in the 20s.

hehehhehe

03-09-2006 12:36:30

[quote36150bc11a="VrExe"]He definitely was good. But his chance to shine has been long gone. Look at his age. Mid 30s? An athelete's golden age only lasts a few years in the 20s.[/quote36150bc11a]
Uhhh, yeah, I think the whole point this thread was made was to talk about how good his career was and how tennis fans will miss him. Not to say it's weird that he's not at his prime at age 36.

He already did shine. He was also in the US Open finals a year ago at 35. Many tennis players can only hope to have the kind of career that Agassi had in his 30s (3 grand slams, and a bunch of finals and semifinals appearances in grand slams).