Acne - How To Get RID Of It!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=45012

OldManWrigley

29-08-2006 15:17:38

It's been a year since I've been buying shit at CVS, Wallgreens, WalMart, and a bunch of other places, and nothing is getting completely rid of the acne. Anybody have any suggestions that have worked for them or a friend or something? I'm so tired of having a disgusting face.

johnjimjones

29-08-2006 15:18:34

Celladerm - Acne Treatment

PM me if you want to sign up D

Wolfeman

29-08-2006 15:20:23

If it really is bad, talk to your doctor. Some of the prescription stuff is amazing...

mnx12

29-08-2006 15:25:25

It's true that things like Proactive and doctor prescribed things work incredibly well, but they make you sustainable to burning like crazy.

Blink182=Gone

29-08-2006 15:28:12

proactive also makes your skin "addicted" to the medicine.

when you stop using it, your acne will slowly come back. Even they'll tell you that over the phone if you ask D

i've found that plenty of sleep helps me + try to not be sooo stressed if u can help it...also [i9c72af5507]not [/i9c72af5507]eating rich and fatty foods (thick chocolate ice cream, cream cheese, etc) works for some people.

stackmjwiz

29-08-2006 15:30:57

[quote4af8dfcdab]i've found that plenty of sleep helps me + try to not be sooo stressed if u can help it...also not eating rich and fatty foods (thick chocolate ice cream, cream cheese, etc) works for some people.[/quote4af8dfcdab]

Yup...consuming too much fried stuff is also bad.

tml09

29-08-2006 15:32:33

Ive used soap and water and you can barely see my acne. Ive had it for maybe 3 years errrr

Maybe a breakout like 1 every other month, nothing big.

ajasax

29-08-2006 15:33:35

[quote80111b3223="johnjimjones"]Celladerm - Acne Treatment

PM me if you want to sign up D[/quote80111b3223]
Lol I was gonna recommend TriClear--just did it on I-Deal wink

x323smostwantedx

29-08-2006 15:42:13

Pro-Active

hehehhehe

29-08-2006 15:43:45

[quote0a3bdf1808="Blink182=Gone"]
i've found that plenty of sleep helps me + try to not be sooo stressed if u can help it...also [i0a3bdf1808]not [/i0a3bdf1808]eating rich and fatty foods (thick chocolate ice cream, cream cheese, etc) works for some people.[/quote0a3bdf1808]
Yep, and drink lots of water.

tylerc

29-08-2006 15:44:19

I used Tazorac and Clindagel, prescribed from my dermatologist. They work great.

JPeeper

29-08-2006 15:45:42

I use these pad things from clearasil and they really help me, I have never had bad acne and never even a break out, so I don't know what it will do more severe acne. THe only downside is, it stings like hell when you put it on, but that just means it is getting in there and cleaning you out. D

h3x

29-08-2006 15:54:41

Kevin Fraudeau says to drink 10 glasses of [b901c8dc0e1]distilled[/b901c8dc0e1] water per day

Green Tea works wonders for acne. Drink 1 pot of tea per day.

Also, if you want to take a jump on the wild side... Try Alex Chiu's Immortality Device.

unknown uchiha

29-08-2006 15:59:21

TriClear Acne Treatment - I think YourGiftsFree has an offer for it =)

I actually use it and it works. Well come to think of it, I've never really had an acne problem...

tml09

29-08-2006 16:13:58

[quotec8a65a430a="x323smostwantedx"]Pro-Active[/quotec8a65a430a]

Yes, to preserve your sexy wink

J4320

29-08-2006 16:40:15

I did Celladerm on 3604free or something like that and I tried it out. I didn't have much acne when I tried it though, but the area that I put it on started burning and it dried my skin. It kind of made the acne clear but it wasn't even that bad in the first place.

I just use ProActive and the Clearasil wiping pads. I use ProActive before bed and I use the wipes once or twice a day. Do that and your face will be clear.

Also, be careful with types of acne medication. I hear some can cause severe depression or something like that.

And if you have a whitehead don't try to squeeze it out because you might get the infection even deeper down into your face and it can re-surface as a huge sore that will be even bigger and more inflamed.

If you ever have a whitehead that you want to get rid of take a clean towel and put warm water on it, wipe the whitehead area and get warm water all over it, then take a sterilized needle and poke a hole in it and then put some hydrogen peroxide on it or something then wipe it and then leave it alone.

Do all that and your face should be fine.

Gooogler

29-08-2006 16:53:20

Severe depression? That's weird

junkie06

29-08-2006 16:56:01

Just go with proactiv if it is that bad

GCY

29-08-2006 17:06:54

I used proactiv but its nothing speical.(maybe I don't really have a big problem ?) U must continuously use it every night and or morning to prevent acne from coming back or getting rid of. I don't have a major acne problem, just a few big ones here and there and it ususally takes a week or so of using everynight to get rid of. Sometimes it only decreases in size.
If u have a major acne problem, laser removal seems like the best bet. U will have unbelievable clear skin.

CougarKid

29-08-2006 17:07:10

I had it first in about 11th grade. Helps lower self-esteem super fast if you let it.

It finally started going away. I just have like minor red stuff on my face. Kinda looks like a rash, but not like before.

It's not all that bad, but I wish it was clear again like my younger, far sexier days.

I used Proactiv for a while, and it did work, but after a while it just burned the crap out of my face and dried it like the Sahara.

I don't even wash my face now because even regular soap dries my face. Seems to be going well since I get one tiny pimple every month or so.

Still annoying and wish it could be done away with.

bruman

29-08-2006 17:45:36

ACCUTANE.

This will clear you and is the absolute best acne treatment on the market. Only side effect I encountered was really dry skin. Hardcore chapped lips, so you gotta take care of yourself while your on it.

Strike

29-08-2006 17:53:42

Acne.Org

Check out the Clear Skin Regiment. I'm on it right and it's working!

Basically. You have a cleaser, 2.5% BP and a moisturizer.

kdollar

29-08-2006 18:41:13

accutane, prescribed and the best on the market.

cwncool

29-08-2006 19:51:05

i've heard Proactive works wonders

J4320

29-08-2006 19:54:39

[quote3200b30f75="bruman"]ACCUTANE.

This will clear you and is the absolute best acne treatment on the market. Only side effect I encountered was really dry skin. Hardcore chapped lips, so you gotta take care of yourself while your on it.[/quote3200b30f75]

That's the stuff that has been said to cause many severe depression/suicide issues.

Aurelius

29-08-2006 19:56:43

tazorac works but it burns like crap if you sweat... always feels like my skin is burning off after workouts. i'm just using clean and clear acne wash or whatever and it works alright. doesn't work magic but it helps limit the damage

Dave82

29-08-2006 21:48:37

HEY, this is Dave82's girlfriend.
I wanted to reply because everyone was so helpful with my contact lens thing. First and foremost, THANK YOU J4320!! No one seems to believe this, but it's true about Accutane. I was on this in high school and within 4 months felt the side effects. So did many others I knew. And this was before all the studies and that Senator guy spoke out.... so it wasnt like we knew about the depression articles and had a psychosomatic response.

Water is the best thing, like others have said. Stay away from the other pills too, they have kidney side effects. Use a pea sized amount of Differin (Adapalene) and a pea sized amount of Benzoyl Peroxide 10% [both Rx]. Dont use more than a pea sized amount or else you will dry out. You have to use an SPF of atlease 15 if you use these. It sucks because SPF (even the oil free kind) make you more prone to breakouts, but you must usew it. If I have a zit, then I take a q-tip and put a tiny amount of Erythromycin 2% or Benzamycin. Both of them help but dry out the skin. So only a tiny amount of that on only directly on the zit itself.

Rxs are expensive. So if you cant get them, use Clean and Clear Persa-Gel 10 (it is over the counter and has 10% Benzoly Peroxide). The tube is small, but you should only use a little, like 1/3 the size of a pea. So it will last you.
Oxy pads dry out your skin, so dont use them on your face. If you have acne on your back or back of neck,then use them there.

If your skin is dry after you put stuff on it, put a tiny dab of Vaseline on your face. If it gets oily after you put on medication (which can happen because you face produces more oil when it becomes dry), then blot it with tissue paper.

To prevent ance, do not touch your face. You arent even aware of how many times a day you do this. I always rested my face on my hand, which is a big NO-NO. Also let your cell phone touch your ear, but NOT your cheek. Also change your pillow case alot. If you work out (you should) make sure you towel off your face/neck frequently.

TThis is something i figured out on my own and I SWEAR it works. If you put that medicated cold sore lip balm (Carmex) it helps them heal. Also put a dab of aloe vera gel to help heal. Dont get the cheap kind. The first ingredient should not be water. Vitamin E creme helps too. But if you keep drinking LOTS of water, you will see your skin change in two weeks.

I use to have acne until I was 20 (Im 23 now). I still get breakouts here and there. I think the cold sore medication thing works the best. It is gooey, so put it on before bed and wash it off in the morning. And if you wear makeup, put on the medication, then a light layer of lotion under your foundation. Netrogena makeup is good for ance skin. Even though they say you should wear makeup if you have acne. Dont pick @ your face either. And whoever suggested the sterilized needle thing is on drugs. Dont do that. instead If you are going to pop, do not squeeze, rather press down on the skin around it with clean hands. I admit to picking at some zits. I actually think it helps. I like the idea of getting that stuff out from the skin. I think Proactive is a waste of money. try MY advice first.

J4320

29-08-2006 22:28:39

[quotec4315baee8="Dave82"]HEY, this is Dave82's girlfriend.
I wanted to reply because everyone was so helpful with my contact lens thing. First and foremost, [bc4315baee8]THANK YOU J4320!![/bc4315baee8] No one seems to believe this, but it's true about Accutane. I was on this in high school and within 4 months felt the side effects. So did many others I knew. And this was before all the studies and that Senator guy spoke out.... so it wasnt like we knew about the depression articles and had a psychosomatic response.

Water is the best thing, like others have said. Stay away from the other pills too, they have kidney side effects. Use a pea sized amount of Differin (Adapalene) and a pea sized amount of Benzoyl Peroxide 10% [both Rx]. Dont use more than a pea sized amount or else you will dry out. You have to use an SPF of atlease 15 if you use these. It sucks because SPF (even the oil free kind) make you more prone to breakouts, but you must usew it. If I have a zit, then I take a q-tip and put a tiny amount of Erythromycin 2% or Benzamycin. Both of them help but dry out the skin. So only a tiny amount of that on only directly on the zit itself.

Rxs are expensive. So if you cant get them, use Clean and Clear Persa-Gel 10 (it is over the counter and has 10% Benzoly Peroxide). The tube is small, but you should only use a little, like 1/3 the size of a pea. So it will last you.
Oxy pads dry out your skin, so dont use them on your face. If you have acne on your back or back of neck,then use them there.

If your skin is dry after you put stuff on it, put a tiny dab of Vaseline on your face. If it gets oily after you put on medication (which can happen because you face produces more oil when it becomes dry), then blot it with tissue paper.

To prevent ance, do not touch your face. You arent even aware of how many times a day you do this. I always rested my face on my hand, which is a big NO-NO. Also let your cell phone touch your ear, but NOT your cheek. Also change your pillow case alot. If you work out (you should) make sure you towel off your face/neck frequently.

TThis is something i figured out on my own and I SWEAR it works. If you put that medicated cold sore lip balm (Carmex) it helps them heal. Also put a dab of aloe vera gel to help heal. Dont get the cheap kind. The first ingredient should not be water. Vitamin E creme helps too. But if you keep drinking LOTS of water, you will see your skin change in two weeks.

I use to have acne until I was 20 (Im 23 now). I still get breakouts here and there. I think the cold sore medication thing works the best. It is gooey, so put it on before bed and wash it off in the morning. And if you wear makeup, put on the medication, then a light layer of lotion under your foundation. Netrogena makeup is good for ance skin. Even though they say you should wear makeup if you have acne. Dont pick @ your face either. And whoever suggested the sterilized needle thing is on drugs. Dont do that. instead If you are going to pop, do not squeeze, rather press down on the skin around it with clean hands. I admit to picking at some zits. I actually think it helps. I like the idea of getting that stuff out from the skin. I think Proactive is a waste of money. try MY advice first.[/quotec4315baee8]

D

[quotec4315baee8="Dave82"]HEY, this is Dave82's girlfriend.
I wanted to reply because everyone was so helpful with my contact lens thing. First and foremost, THANK YOU J4320!! No one seems to believe this, but it's true about Accutane. I was on this in high school and within 4 months felt the side effects. So did many others I knew. And this was before all the studies and that Senator guy spoke out.... so it wasnt like we knew about the depression articles and had a psychosomatic response.

I use to have acne until I was 20 (Im 23 now). I still get breakouts here and there. I think the cold sore medication thing works the best. It is gooey, so put it on before bed and wash it off in the morning. And if you wear makeup, put on the medication, then a light layer of lotion under your foundation. Netrogena makeup is good for ance skin. Even though they say you should wear makeup if you have acne. Dont pick @ your face either. [bc4315baee8]And whoever suggested the sterilized needle thing is on drugs.[/bc4315baee8] Dont do that. instead If you are going to pop, do not squeeze, rather press down on the skin around it with clean hands. I admit to picking at some zits. I actually think it helps. I like the idea of getting that stuff out from the skin. I think Proactive is a waste of money. try MY advice first.[/quotec4315baee8]

cry

evil

oops

The needle method works. It's for those big whiteheads that you have to kill or else you'd feel like an idiot in public. You don't stab your face and make it bleed. You make a tiny hole so your body can push the infection out easier. Anyway, I never thought of using carmex. I use it every night on my lips and I never thought it would help acne. But anyway, my face is clear so I'm going to stay with my methods. P

manOFice

30-08-2006 05:08:09

Acutane....best stuff in the world

I went on Acutane when it first came out...they were all like yeah it can cause depression etc...blah blah blah i was like i don't care cuz i had real bad acne...it never caused me depression or any of the "bad" side affects and it worked wonders!!!. But my acne came back a bit and they put me on it again...it worked very well the second time too.

And for the people that have had the "bad" side effects or seen people get the bad side effects...I just wanted to comment that i have known a lot of people that have been on this drug and never had the side effects like depression and all that. I've known probally 10 people personally that was on this and they went from horrible omg acne to perfectly clear face.

romanodog

30-08-2006 06:23:04

I used proactive and it worked amazingly well. My sister used it too with great results. I dont get acne anymore, so I stopped using it.

zr2152

30-08-2006 07:09:15

[quotea97ef54db9="bruman"]ACCUTANE.

This will clear you and is the absolute best acne treatment on the market. Only side effect I encountered was really dry skin. Hardcore chapped lips, so you gotta take care of yourself while your on it.[/quotea97ef54db9]

agreed. I took this in 10th grade and it cleared my skin up really well. I had bad acne but i mean it wasnt that systic acne but it was still bad. Dry face and chapped lips sucked balls, i mean really sucked. It can also cause some kinda depression in some ppl but not me (it did for one of my friends). Also i noticed that during the basketball season if i fucked up, i would really get down on myself.

Again talk to a dermatologist. They also have a generic brand of accutane which is much cheaper and i believe just as good.

Drink lots of water, wash your face before bed (especially if you smoke). I use dove in the shower (dermatologist recommended) to wash my face and body.

Also try no to touch your face.

amir89630

30-08-2006 12:09:08

that sleep and no stress stuff is really key.

During the summer, I never have acne; because i am sleeping my 11 hrs a day, and just takin it easy.

But when theres pressure and im sleeping 5 and a 1/2 hrs a day during the school year, and theres always something to be doing. I start to get mild breakouts, and my complexion goes to shit.

KeithA

30-08-2006 12:42:25

Accutane worked for me, but I'll share two other possible side effects.

One is persistent dry skin well after you stop taking the drug. I still require moisturizers because my oil glands were shriveled by Accutane.

The other is unwanted body hair. I can't say for certain whether it was Accutane or not, but I ain't too proud to say I have a few patches I could live without, and Accutane has been linked to that too.

If I had it to do again, I would have waited until I was older to try Accutane. I sometimes wonder whether the acne would have gone away as my hormones calmed down.

manOFice

30-08-2006 15:35:37

my acne was horrible, i'm glad i did it when i did...btw the dry skin did suck horribly