Websense

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=44806

Psyc

25-08-2006 13:46:12

So it was the first day of school today and my online classes don't start until September. I was starting to browse some sites, and then I noticed they installed a new blocker (oh noes!). "Websense" is the name and I was wondering if there was [bc180774bf1]anyway[/bc180774bf1] to disable it?

They also blocked access to a lot of the IE options and control panel. I even tried downloading firefox but they blocked getfirefox.com. roll

So, yeah are there any methods of disabling it? I looked some stuff up but the only thing that looks like it might work is the circumventor, but I hear it's slow.

Powerbook

25-08-2006 13:50:42

here is what I do at school. Go look up anonymous surfing on google such as proxify.com or whatever. That should allow you to bypass filters. Sometimes I just go to foreign websites to download because they are not blocked) But yeah the anonymous surfing should do the trick! You are a senior also?

Blink182=Gone

25-08-2006 13:54:30

yea, i use www.flyproxy.com and it's great, except this year they got smart and put the Student accounts on each computer to have like no system priveleges at all.

The student account can't do anything now, because it has no privileges, so i can't get firefox or download+install anything like i used to before. cry

Psyc

25-08-2006 13:57:44

I already have a proxy type thing on my domain. It works sometimes, but sometimes the pages don't load. Plus, any domain with the word proxy in it would probably be blacklisted.

Edit I can't even access forums, and the proxy form won't work with cookies, so I can't log in.

cwncool

25-08-2006 14:00:13

[quotec7671451d8="Blink182=Gone"]yea, i use www.flyproxy.com and it's great, except this year they got smart and put the Student accounts on each computer to have like no system priveleges at all.

The student account can't do anything now, because it has no privileges, so i can't get firefox or download+install anything like i used to before. cry[/quotec7671451d8]
firefox mobile on a flash drive ;)

Blink182=Gone

25-08-2006 14:26:32

[quotecec9121ac1="cwncool"][quotecec9121ac1="Blink182=Gone"]yea, i use www.flyproxy.com and it's great, except this year they got smart and put the Student accounts on each computer to have like no system priveleges at all.

The student account can't do anything now, because it has no privileges, so i can't get firefox or download+install anything like i used to before. cry[/quotecec9121ac1]
firefox mobile on a flash drive ;)[/quotecec9121ac1]

haha, i'll have to give that a shot. j/w, could i install firefox inMy Documents, since I can't make any new files in Program Files?? ?

Powerbook

25-08-2006 15:00:55

AHA!!! Do you have an ipod or a usb thumb drive or a flash drive? I enabled my ipod to be an external hardrive, so i stick documents and other stuff on there. Do that with the firefox install files and hook it up to the computer and boom! I forgot that works. I did this too)

Tholek

25-08-2006 18:32:28

I once tried to do a bootable XP disc for using a PC once (Called PE, or something), but it never worked out (I think I screwed it up somehow), but supposedly that's possible. If you are able to reboot the PC, and if it's set, or can be set, to boot from CD, then you could do everything you want.

gafdpc

26-08-2006 09:51:01

Yea I always used Firefox mobile...

Gooogler

26-08-2006 09:54:34

Ask around, I guarantee you some kid knows the bypass code.