Xbox 360 Support

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=44804

Gigante

25-08-2006 13:22:54

I got the three red lights on my xbox console, so they are willing to fix it for $129 of course, because of their shitty warranty. Has anybody done this and did it go smooth? Only friend I know that did it had to wait like 2 weeks. I got three more at home, so I am debating on paying the $129 or just using one I already have. That would remove my ability to sell the extras of course.

DIABLO

25-08-2006 13:43:29

I'll pay you $200 and you can send me the one you already got, so then you can get it fixed and come out with $70 extra D

Powerbook

25-08-2006 13:44:34

I had success with my old xbox. Just keep calling them and telling them the price is too high, that's what I did. Ask to speak to a supervisor because this is a defect of the console that appeared as soon as their short warranty expired. I did this with the old xbox and I got the repair free. Good luck!

TryinToGetPaid

25-08-2006 15:44:26

Same. I got the 3 red lights of doom. My Xbox was bought the day it came out. And I told them I was not paying more money to fix their own problems. And they fixed it for free and sent it back in a week.

Peinecone

25-08-2006 16:43:28

I had this problem, and they never mentioned anything about me paying. He looked up my warrenty info, and said i was still covered. This was maybe 3 months after i got it. I was pretty impressed by how fast they sent me a new one. About a week and a half after they sent me their shipping box.

drummer_kew_03

25-08-2006 17:37:15

If you bug them a whole bunch and throw a fit, they'll lower the price. I got them down to somewhere in the $90's. I'm sure you could get even lower if you bitch enough. The process went really smooth. It took about two weeks. They sent me a brand new console, which I think they do for a lot of people.

Sidenote I was at Circuit City the other week and their xbox 360 all of the sudden got the 3 red lights of doom. There were two guys looking at it and were kind of upset. I just laughed because I had just gotten mine back from being repaired.

Peinecone

25-08-2006 17:46:07

Ya, i got a new one (or so they say.) I suspect they are sending out refurbs for warrenty repairs though.

www.Points4Rewards.com

25-08-2006 18:05:34

Yea we got the 3 Red lights yesterday, 1-2 days after the 90 day warranty. I feel like it's a setup and they trigger something after those 90 days.

Gigante

25-08-2006 18:06:19

Wow, I will definitely try to get it down. thanks for the advice. Peinecone, don't they just try to fix yours? or send u a refurb? I will do it and check the serial and see.

TryinToGetPaid

25-08-2006 18:29:09

I do not think mine was fixed. Unless they painted over the scratch it had.

Peinecone

26-08-2006 07:01:50

They did not try to fix mine, they just sent me a new one. I don't actually know if it is a refurb or not, i was just guessing. But they did totally send back a different unit, with a different serial#. They said it was so i would get it back sooner, and not have to wait for the repair.

Brutus

26-08-2006 09:24:05

I got a 25% discount after talking to a supervisor. They said I was one month out of warrenty. I had the same 3 red flashing light and it started on Wed.

I did file a compliant with the BBB and I hear that a class action law suit is forming.

tml09

26-08-2006 13:31:24

i hope mine doesnt do that -(

ffactoryxx

26-08-2006 14:05:34

Here are a few ideas

Walmart Option

One can make a return without a receipt 3 times with ID before the system flags you, and you'll need managements approval for the 4th return.

Option #1
Walmart lets you make 3 returns total without a receipt.

You could pack up your xbox and everything with it and go to Walmart and tell them your bought it there and it won't work and you don;t have a reciept. They will most likely let you exchange it. This seems like the best solution. I know people that return shit there all the time

Option #2

Go to Walmart and buy a new one. Put your Xbox in the box and return it saying it was broken and this time you will have a receipt.

Best Buy

Option #3
Now im not sure about this option, but could you buy a Xbox 360 with Best Buy 3 year extended warranty for like $50. Have them put the 360 and warranty on separate receipts. Switch out the good xbox with the bad one, and return the bad one saying its broken, and either get a replacement and then return it. Not sure about this but its an idea

schf0ol3d

26-08-2006 16:26:12

If your xbox 360 is a premium, don't send it in with your hard drive. They will send your 360 console back (fixed) with a new hard drive.

jy3

26-08-2006 18:31:50

[quote97431b74c5="ffactoryxx"]Here are a few ideas

Walmart Option

One can make a return without a receipt 3 times with ID before the system flags you, and you'll need managements approval for the 4th return.

Option #1
Walmart lets you make 3 returns total without a receipt.

You could pack up your xbox and everything with it and go to Walmart and tell them your bought it there and it won't work and you don;t have a reciept. They will most likely let you exchange it. This seems like the best solution. I know people that return shit there all the time

Option #2

Go to Walmart and buy a new one. Put your Xbox in the box and return it saying it was broken and this time you will have a receipt.

Best Buy

Option #3
Now im not sure about this option, but could you buy a Xbox 360 with Best Buy 3 year extended warranty for like $50. Have them put the 360 and warranty on separate receipts. Switch out the good xbox with the bad one, and return the bad one saying its broken, and either get a replacement and then return it. Not sure about this but its an idea[/quote97431b74c5]

if we talk about not frauding free sites, i suggest we talk about avoiding defrauding stores as well. option #2 is fraud.
option #3 is also fraud.

Peinecone

26-08-2006 19:09:16

[quote9e76fac76e="jy3"]

if we talk about not frauding free sites, i suggest we talk about avoiding defrauding stores as well. option #2 is fraud.
option #3 is also fraud.[/quote9e76fac76e]

We don't talk about frauding offers, because it hurts the business, which in turn hurts us. And we don't want to be seen as condoning offer fraud. A lot of site owners are represented here, and i bet all of them check the boards from time to time.

I don't think anyone here cares about BestBuy or Walmart.

Gigante

26-08-2006 19:37:14

Since Walmart is at the top of retail stores as far as revenue, and if Sam Walton were alive, he would be the richest man, I really don't care about WalMart. Plus they have those assholes @ the door that check your bags and your receipt, which you legally dont have to allow them to do.