Problems with IE/Firefox

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=44716

VrExe

23-08-2006 12:04:28

Does the FIPG know all the issues regarding this forums after the transfer? Not sure if it is a good idea but why don't we make a topic that users can post with problems they are having? Because I've been having some problems accessing this site on IE but I am fine on Firefox.

dmorris68

23-08-2006 14:09:19

The WELCOME BACK! thread here in Off Topic is where I asked for issues regarding the site to be posted. I'll edit the thread title to make that more obvious from the forum index.

However problems with access via specific browsers are virtually always a client-side issue (i.e., with your browser), and are almost always cookie issues. I had a helluva time getting Firefox to login and set my cookie properly, but it finally worked.

You MUST delete all traces of all old cookies and cached files from the old site. If possible, best to delete ALL cookies and ALL temporary internet files (your cache). Close all browser instances and reboot for good measure. After that you should be fine.

I can access FiPG just fine from either browser, BTW. There was no new scripting or anything introduced to the site that would "break" a browser that used to work on the old site, so I can pretty much guarantee you this is Browser-Related-Confusion(TM) on your end. ;)