Got a speeding ticket? Get out of it!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=44593

MyungChunHa

13-08-2006 17:33:52

I found this on another forum and I doubted it at first but after reading it, it makes complete sense! It's pretty long but interesting, probably help some people on this forum too....Only if I had read it sooner, maybe I could have gotten mine overturned, had to fork over $151 x

I haven't tried it to see how it works yet, but my friend has a ticket pending and I'm hoping I can get it dismissed....Has anyone else seen or tried this? Does it work?

Case Dismissed[=http//www.megaupload.com/?d=P0JIS5XO]Case Dismissed

michae229

13-08-2006 17:42:34

lol my friends mom got pulled over and when she went to the court house she ask for a court date lol and won if you are in a big city the officer that gave you the ticket wont show up so she won.

Gigante

13-08-2006 17:47:45

good way to rip off the ticket. if you get the ticket, you deserve it, so pay it. I paid mine even though I could have easily gotten out of it.

ilanbg

13-08-2006 17:48:47

Cliff notes for the link?

freedesktoppc

13-08-2006 18:01:19

[quoted81ad28c45="MyungChunHa"]I found this on another forum and I doubted it at first but after reading it, it makes complete sense! It's pretty long but interesting, probably help some people on this forum too....Only if I had read it sooner, maybe I could have gotten mine overturned, had to fork over $151 x

I haven't tried it to see how it works yet, but my friend has a ticket pending and I'm hoping I can get it dismissed....Has anyone else seen or tried this? Does it work?

Case Dismissed[=http//www.megaupload.com/?d=P0JIS5XO]Case Dismissed[/quoted81ad28c45]
the link doesnt work for me. can you double check it please?

MyungChunHa

13-08-2006 18:22:16

[quote0d73505e89="Gigante"]good way to rip off the ticket. if you get the ticket, you deserve it, so pay it. I paid mine even though I could have easily gotten out of it.[/quote0d73505e89]
I personally don't agree....I'm hate paying those fines and if I don't have to then I won't....I never drive wrecklessly or out of my control, so I won't pay a fine unless I do...Plus, the fees they make you pay are outrageous to me and I don't think I should have to pay that much...

[quote0d73505e89="ilanbg"]Cliff notes for the link?[/quote0d73505e89]
Basically, they are required by law to have the proper documentation proving that the rader, laser, or speedometer (for pace car pull-overs) was tested for accuracy within a resonable time before and after the arrest, which most cops never have because it would take WAY too long to gather that info for every single traffic arrest they make....There's a lot to it but that's the basic jist of it...

[quote0d73505e89="freedesktoppc"]the link doesnt work for me. can you double check it please?[/quote0d73505e89]
It does work, look in the upper right hand corner of the page that pops up...

xyclonez

13-08-2006 18:45:07

Alternate link if anyone doesnt wanna wait 45 seconds P D
http//www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=7CD3F61C5BDCF81B

egyptianruin

13-08-2006 18:50:11

In MD this may work, but it depends on the judge. I have seen some judges fine people for being a smart ass.

FreeOffersNow

13-08-2006 18:51:26

I had a general idea about all of this, but I suppose I'll save it for a rainy day. Thanks.

geej86

13-08-2006 19:23:49

this is great information to know, thanks!! +karma

JennyWren

13-08-2006 20:06:09

alternately, don't speed.

jy3

13-08-2006 20:19:02

i didnt read this, but i had posted before that in NY an officer has 30 days to submit a deposition. if he fails to do so the case will be thrown out.

MyungChunHa

13-08-2006 21:21:02

[quote81f5705c24="JennyWren"]alternately, don't speed.[/quote81f5705c24]
You know, a lot of people will say this but every once in a while people will either have to or just forget to look down every ten seconds, it just happens every now and then....

ajrock2000

13-08-2006 21:42:40

[quote43766331c4="Gigante"]good way to rip off the ticket. if you get the ticket, you deserve it, so pay it. I paid mine even though I could have easily gotten out of it.[/quote43766331c4]

While this is true, I definitely disagree because you end up paying a [b43766331c4]lot[/b43766331c4] more in the long run on your insurance, assuming he was driving in an area where it does go on your insurance. I have only gotten pulled over once, it was for 85 - 65. I took it to court, the cop was a no show, and the ticket was dropped. My cousin has gotten an amazing 18 tickets, and he has appealed all of them, and in almost every one, the judge adjusted the ticket fine, or took it away completely. If any adjustment takes place it does not go on your insurance.

tylerc

13-08-2006 22:29:12

Your cousin has no business being on the road if he has gotten 18 tickets.

Gigante

13-08-2006 22:45:50

Yeah, I'm sorry, if your cousin has gotten 18 tickets, he is a fucktard and should have high insurance rates.

Veek

13-08-2006 22:46:13

[quote6dbbfa3ff7="tylerc"]Your cousin has no business being on the road if he has gotten 18 tickets.[/quote6dbbfa3ff7]

IAWTC.

FreeOffersNow

13-08-2006 22:46:36

[quoted68634daa9="tylerc"]Your cousin has no business being on the road if he has gotten 18 tickets.[/quoted68634daa9]

My buddy has gotten far more than 18 tickets...and you're right...he literally has NO business being on the road - not because he's a bad driver, but because he has a suspended license )

MyungChunHa

13-08-2006 23:19:15

[quote94267920bb="Gigante"]Yeah, I'm sorry, if your cousin has gotten 18 tickets, he is a fucktard and should have high insurance rates.[/quote94267920bb]
He shouldn't have a car period. shock

I wonder whats the record for number of tickets ever is....

Daggoth

13-08-2006 23:30:03

[quotec73d27b2dd="Gigante"]Yeah, I'm sorry, if your cousin has gotten 18 tickets, he is a fucktard and should have high insurance rates.[/quotec73d27b2dd]

ajrock2000

21-08-2006 12:30:51

I agree with all of you. lol

I am just saying that even in his extreme amount of tickets, fighting the tickets do work.

TryinToGetPaid

21-08-2006 12:31:52

I have gotten 3 tickets, all when I was 16. And after my license was taken away for 3 months. I havent sped since.

ajrock2000

21-08-2006 12:33:27

I speed, usually only about 80-85mph though. My friends have gotten lots of tickets because they not only speed, but they drive like assclowns (aggressive, not staying in the lines, etc).

manOFice

21-08-2006 16:22:29

I got a speeding ticket about 5 months ago in a small town...forgot to show up to court....havn't heard anything since.....hmmmm

tuxmaskone

21-08-2006 16:30:20

[quotedcda94585b="JennyWren"]alternately, don't speed.[/quotedcda94585b]

hahahaha, thats an impossibility in SoCal.

gafdpc

21-08-2006 19:20:53

[quotee2b8886b5d="Gigante"]Yeah, I'm sorry, if your cousin has gotten 18 tickets, he is a fucktard and should have high insurance rates.[/quotee2b8886b5d]

SonTenshinhan

21-08-2006 21:17:41

I'm 17 and I'd like to fight my speeding ticket like this book explains, but can I do so in juvenile court? Can I really cross-examine a police officer?

MyungChunHa

22-08-2006 22:18:01

[quotef8c490e783="SonTenshinhan"]I'm 17 and I'd like to fight my speeding ticket like this book explains, but can I do so in juvenile court? Can I really cross-examine a police officer?[/quotef8c490e783]
Ya damn strait you can o ....Just plead not guilty and if the judge decides, you'll have the trial right then and there, you might have to wait and come back though if he's too busy that day....Just read this thing THROUGHLY and write down a list of questions and reminders if you must, it's perfectly legal to read directly from a list especially since your not a qualified lawyer....

Let me know how it goes too, I'm really interested in hearing some sucess stories...

SonTenshinhan

23-08-2006 10:10:39

I'm going to get the second opinion of a laywer as well. If I don't win I know I'll lose $150 for the ticket, ~$2,000 in insurance, $X in court fines, and my license. That's more money then I made this entire summer.. and I worked 35 hours a week too. The injustness of this is insane - speed limits aren't even constitutional. The state of Ohio says that one must drive a safe and prudent speed - all speed limits are presumed. This means it's perfectly legal to drive 85 in a 25, as long as one is traveling safely and prudently.. the only problem is it's the defendents burden to prove that he/she was traveling in such a safe matter. It will only be a matter of time before state speed limit signs will have to read 'Presumed Limit 65' instead of 'Speed Limit 65' - that alone will change the worlds view on speed limits, tickets, and fighting them. If it's not a speed limit it shouldn't be called one, this is obviously designed just to mislead people - something this wide spread should be called what it is - not what it isn't.

MyungChunHa

23-08-2006 11:24:58

Well put it this way, if you don't do anything and don't fight it then your out $150, if you do fight it, nothing different will happen but the possibility of getting out of it or getting a reduced fine...It's a no-loss situation, you might as well fight it....If you know a good lawyer that will offer free consultation then go for it, but doesn't that cost money?

ajrock2000

23-08-2006 12:02:02

You definitlely do not need a lawyer. Just show up, and say you are sorry, and that you didn't know that you were going that fast, and suck up to him. 9/10 the ticket will at least be adjusted, and in that case, it does not get sent to your insurance company. It is definitely a no-loss situation as myung stated.

MyungChunHa

23-08-2006 13:10:06

[quote31e97eecb9="ajrock2000"]You definitlely do not need a lawyer. Just show up, and say you are sorry, and that you didn't know that you were going that fast, and suck up to him. 9/10 the ticket will at least be adjusted, and in that case, it does not get sent to your insurance company. It is definitely a no-loss situation as myung stated.[/quote31e97eecb9]
Yea, don't show up with a lawyer but if you just want to talk to one for free (if you could find a free consultant, probably not) then that could only help....If you show up with a lawyer or anything like that and you want to follow this e-book it more than likely won't work because then your just tipping them off that you know what your doing and they will get all of the proper paperwork...

geej86

23-08-2006 13:26:49

your have to remember that a lot of people suck at driving, speed limits are a good idea.

I would sitdown for an hour or two and read the whole ebook, then copy your questions out of it and you'll be set. don't' bring a lawyer or anything

MyungChunHa

23-08-2006 13:57:41

[quotec3e90d1638="geej86"]your have to remember that a lot of people suck at driving, speed limits are a good idea.

I would sitdown for an hour or two and read the whole ebook, then copy your questions out of it and you'll be set. don't' bring a lawyer or anything[/quotec3e90d1638]
IAWTEC

toiletpaper55

23-08-2006 19:17:02

[quote1e46373054="egyptianruin"]In MD this may work, but it depends on the judge. I have seen some judges fine people for being a smart ass.[/quote1e46373054]

i hope thisll work in MD, im planning on using it when i get a ticket

SonTenshinhan

23-08-2006 20:14:03

Woah, MyungChunHa, at the end of 'Case Dismissed' it was stated that it is your choice whether or not to use a lawyer.. If it would hurt my chances then why would such a notion be stated? That having been said, your comment about tipping off the prosecuters into coming prepared makes perfect sense. The only thing I'm wondering is if the officer actually knows if he will be facing a lawyer or not with ample amount of time to get ready.

MyungChunHa

23-08-2006 21:41:29

[quote4b53ab69bd="SonTenshinhan"]Woah, MyungChunHa, at the end of 'Case Dismissed' it was stated that it is your choice whether or not to use a lawyer.. If it would hurt my chances then why would such a notion be stated? That having been said, your comment about tipping off the prosecuters into coming prepared makes perfect sense. The only thing I'm wondering is if the officer actually knows if he will be facing a lawyer or not with ample amount of time to get ready.[/quote4b53ab69bd]
Well, you could use a lawyer but IMO it's pointless...For one, you could do everything yourself without spending any money and for two, just in case they do find the time to get the documents ready....

I think they say that because a lot of people would be nervous as hell to defend themselves and couldn't go through with it and there's an off chance that the prosecutors could still come unprepared....

Best bet though, is to give not give them even the slightest clue as to what your doing, let them think your just going to accept the fine and move on until the last second and hit them with the Trial by Ambush technique...Dress good but not too good and keep the list of questions in a pocket until the time comes to examine the officer....Remember if you get nervous or lose your train of thought that you can take a few seconds to gather your composure and start over, so take it slow and easy, don't be scared, this method can only help you, not harm you anymore than what will happen...What would harm you the most is doing nothing at all and taking the fine, they can't give you any extra penalties for at least trying, so why not?

SonTenshinhan

24-08-2006 09:04:42

lol, you are the first person to actually suggest that I appeal my ticket. I'm not getting the support I need from anyone around me. My father already said that he would not let me go to trial. No one will take the damn time to read the Case Dismissed. Anyways, if I do lose the trial, don't they add extra court costs, or are the orginal court costs that you would be fined along w/ your ticket included in this price? If they were then that confirms that there is absolutely no reason to not fight you ticket. Shame you're not in my position, Myung; you definately seem more adapt to fight then myself.

xyclonez

24-08-2006 10:11:11

I would fight if I had chance.. the officer can not show up, he might reduce the ticket before the trial or you could even win since most cops dont come prepared. They just dont have the time to bring all those documents to court for how many ever tickets they have given away.

RoBsTaMaCk

24-08-2006 10:53:32

This is the members area of the tipmra website. Before you ask, there is a direct link to it on the homepage - if you buy it, I presume this is the link they give you.
http//www.tipmra.com/kgb/new_page_5.htm

MyungChunHa

25-08-2006 19:06:10

[quoteb22fa5399b="SonTenshinhan"]lol, you are the first person to actually suggest that I appeal my ticket. I'm not getting the support I need from anyone around me. My father already said that he would not let me go to trial. No one will take the damn time to read the Case Dismissed. Anyways, if I do lose the trial, don't they add extra court costs, or are the orginal court costs that you would be fined along w/ your ticket included in this price? If they were then that confirms that there is absolutely no reason to not fight you ticket. Shame you're not in my position, Myung; you definately seem more adapt to fight then myself.[/quoteb22fa5399b]
If your dad won't read it, then explain to him really quick what's it about, it makes perfect sense to me and it should to him too, because who wouldn't want to save their money, especially in the long run....

The court fees will not go up (I'm 99.99999% sure that they don't, I'm not a lawyer however, so I can't be 100%), They are definitely already included in the final fee you have to pay....My ticket was $65 and then the court fees made it a final $151, so yea, they make you pay already anyways...Let your dad know that it's worth a shot to fight and that it will give you a good learning experience for life lol ...You might as well IMO since your already paying for it...

SonTenshinhan

25-08-2006 22:11:34

Hah. I said all that of course and it annoyed the shit out of him. The judge asks me, not my parents, what my plea is, so I can say whatever I'd like. In the mean time I'm going to get in contact with a lawyer to learn some things and maybe boost my self confindence too. If you were wondering my court date is on 8/13; during this time I'll state my plea and set up the trial for a future date.

Kidd

25-08-2006 22:30:40

u mean 9/13 rite P

MyungChunHa

26-08-2006 12:57:34

[quote70a2f3f834="SonTenshinhan"]Hah. I said all that of course and it annoyed the shit out of him. The judge asks me, not my parents, what my plea is, so I can say whatever I'd like. In the mean time I'm going to get in contact with a lawyer to learn some things and maybe boost my self confindence too. If you were wondering my court date is on 8/13; during this time I'll state my plea and set up the trial for a future date.[/quote70a2f3f834]
Great way of thinking, get out of this mess, I know I would...

I'm assuming you mean 9/13, so definitely keep me updated through this thread, I've never heard of this happening through a personal account before and I want to see what exactly happens for any future references....Advice never hurts and I'm behind ya 100% man, I know you'll get out of it P ...

Kidd

26-08-2006 18:35:10

my cousin has gotten out of a speeding ticket by just showin up to court and the officer not showing up.

its all about luck

edmunds.com had an article on a way to get out of tickets

FreeOffersNow

31-08-2006 12:10:15

UPDATE I got pulled over Saturday at about 109AM, according to the ticket. I saw the cop pulling out when I came over the hill, so as my first instinct I checked my speedometer to see I was going 34 (in a 30MPH zone) so I figured I was ok. Before I even get by him...he's out, behind me, and signaling for me to pull over. So I pull over, and roll my window down before he gets up there so he doesn't bother hassling me about the tint. "License and Registration?" he says, as he stands barely in view. I reach for my glove compartment and he asks "Do you know why I pulled you over?" Baffled, I say "Well, not really..." "44 in a 30" he says...

Now I'm really confused...and trying to decide if he's lying or if his radar is off. He goes to his car and comes back with the ticket...explaining that if I go to court the judge will probably suggest I write the DA and get it reduced. Why would he be concerned with me getting it reduced? My thoughts are that he knows he's pulling a dick move...and feels bad about it...but not bad enough to not write the bullshit ticket.

So "Case Dismissed" it is...I'll report on the result after 9/12. Oh, and not that it matters...but he was sitting about 200 yards into the 30MPH zone, before which it was a 45MPH zone...so even if I [if0d492294e]was[/if0d492294e] doing 44...it'd still be a dick move.

...Just one more dick move to make me think less of cops.

MyungChunHa

31-08-2006 12:39:06

/\/\/\/\
Definitely try out Case Dismissed FON, because it sounds like you got fucked over evil ....

Also, I would love to hear how this thing turns out and if this method [ibe67840c46]really[/ibe67840c46] works in the court system, it makes sense but you can never be 100% about anything....Not that you'll need it or that I'm an expert, but I'm here for any questions because me and my friend went into a long discussion about this thing and I think I got it down and understand it pretty well....

FreeOffersNow

31-08-2006 16:26:35

Has anyone had any luck finding the cases he discusses online (i.e. Northcutt v. Com; People vs Perlman; etc.

MyungChunHa

14-09-2006 15:30:24

Anything new FON and Son?

SonTenshinhan

19-09-2006 12:29:27

Well, I had my arreignment on the 13th. I threw a slew of questions at the judge - one of which was whether or not I could schedule my trial for a time after 2 (school conflicts). He responded confidently that I could indeed schedule the trial from between 2 and 4. So anyways 2 days later the prosecuter calls my mom. Evidently he claims that he can't have the trial after 2 and he wants to talk to me to make a counter plan. He said that the only way I could be innocent was if the police officer was using radar and he hit the wrong car, which he said could have happened. At this point I'm not sure at all what I want to do. Is the prosecuter obligued to give me a trial post 2 like the judge said could be done? If he is can I argue that you have to give me a trial on that date or charges must be dropped? Or should I humor him with the notion that the cop might have hit the wrong car and see what happens from there? The ticket does say 'radar' 'dusk' and 'moderate traffic' on it..