Is everyone on this site an asshole AND an idiot?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=44505

Rockslikeaspoon

11-08-2006 14:38:38

Seriously. I don't know how many threads I've read where somebody asks a question, and instead of answering the question, they tell the person it's against the rules. THAT'S NOT HELPFUL. THAT'S THE OPPOSITE OF HELPFUL. Yeah I get it, it's in the rules, but if you aren't a mod, IT ISN'T YOUR PROBLEM. Who cares if what the guy said shouldn't be posted, or his question shouldn't be asked. Answer it, and let the mods remove the answer or lock the post. So many helpful questions I've found have been unanswered and replaced with some jackass saying it's against the rules. Or better yet, they post a link to ANOTHER POST saying it's against the rules. There are separate posts that say it's against the rules, and some user who finds an inappropriate question can find another post to tell the person that asked the question (indirectly mind you) that THEY CAN'T ASK THAT QUESTION. Is it even possible that a single question could really be killing Freeipodguide.com? Are the rules etched in stone? Are the people who wrote these rules infallible? Will you follow them to the death? I think if you see a question you have an answer to, answer it. If you don't have an answer, or the question isn't appropriate DON'T FUCKING ANSWER IT. And the people who have been at this site (with the exception of a few) are the nastiest people I've ever come accross online. They hate "noobs." They find themselves somehow superior in the "freebie community." CONGRATULATIONS, you know how the site works, and new people don't. You're sweet. Like really really sweet. At first, I thought the people on this site were decent, but in actuallity they're really pretty illogical and nonsensical. It's not that big of a deal to help somebody out, but it's rare that you see that here. Especially from the mods. I get it you're mods. And just like cops, you're just powertripping. Congrats to you too, you "pwned" everybody, but that doesn't make you any less of an asshole.

J4320

11-08-2006 14:41:57

i wuv u baby

TryinToGetPaid

11-08-2006 14:44:36

Well why answer questions that have been asked hundreds of times? How hard is it to press the SEARCH button and find the answer yourself?

And if you hate it here, why don't you leave?

Personally, this forum is the best place to hang out when you are bed ridden (I had surgery this morning). So take your whining elsewhere, us "Superior Beings" don't want to hear it.

And the mods, are super helpful. Ask TSJ or Wolfeman something, they WILL help you. Seems like the asshole is you.

ILoveToys

11-08-2006 14:45:55

[quote70ee2e818c="Rockslikeaspoon"]but in actuallity they're really pretty illogical and nonsensical.[/quote70ee2e818c]

Dude...hit the return key every once in a while. You're 1 long paragraph fits the description better than the people that frequent FiPG.

Now, most questions that ppl here do that with are ones that hurt the freebie scene in general, and often times are against most freebie sites TOS. Freebie site owners do read these forums, and as a result the Mods and experienced users get annoyed by "n00bs" asking these questions, because the end result is negative on the freebie scene.

Also, when they redirect you to another post it's because everyday new people ask the same questions over and over and over again. If you took some time to read into things before you just posted your "n00b" questions you wouldn't get the knee jerk response.

Here's how you benefit from FiPG

1. Read the rules...yes actually read them.
2. Look for answers and ask after you've looked for at least 5 minutes. The chances are if you have a question, someone else has already asked it.
3. Don't rant and bash everyone. This site HELPS you get free stuff, and you're asking to be banned....

Oh and not to post a link...but the following is a question of your's that people have responded to w/out being too harsh

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=44490

EatChex89

11-08-2006 14:51:24

Welcome to FreeiPodGuide!

fashionjunkee

11-08-2006 14:51:29

To be completely honest, I strayed away from here for a while because a few people were being rude and acting like assholes. Go ahead and say I'm taking the guys side. Post some mean shit about me. I don't care. Its really the truth though.
Some questions could be answered by using the search function. But bottom line is this community can be a bit uninviting.

kyks17

11-08-2006 14:52:21

usually when people are saying not to ask something or not to do something (like posting a ref link), its to help them out so they can remove it and not get banned.

if u hate it here so much, then don't hang out here. theres no need to judge us so harshly.

ffactoryxx

11-08-2006 14:53:56

http/" alt=""/img80.imageshack.us/img="80/3883/20060305shuttfuxl7.jpg[" alt=""/img3ddd44d447]

BD2006BD

11-08-2006 14:55:31

hey, that isn't allowed here. Your post is against the rules.

YourGiftsFree

11-08-2006 14:58:06

Edit TSJ is right. Sorry guys.

Powerbook

11-08-2006 14:59:20

Actually pretty much is everyone kind and understanding. If you say the truth this is the only freebie forum that stick up for you..... If you go to other ones the bastards always side with the site owners because of greed or what not. Your tone is probably why you got no help. Yes you should read the rules. Read the rules and you will find that this place is nice...

Rockslikeaspoon

11-08-2006 15:03:51

First off, TryingToGetPaid, I appreciate your argument, but it's not what I'm arguing. You're saying use the search button, and I'm agreeing. What I'm arguing is that the people who reply to a question that's already been asked by saying "the question has already been asked" are assholes.

You don't NEED to insult somebody, or not answer a question on the grounds that it has been asked before. THe elitist pricks that have been here for a while don't have to answer every question, but AGAIN it's certainly NOT helpful to answer an already asked question with "that's already been asked."

Nice logic with the "if you don't like it leave" attitude. Yeah I get it, if I don't like America, I should just leave? If I disagree, I should get out right? So how exactly do things get improved in America? Do people just leave until the problems magically fix themselves? Is it the fairies and their magical fixing pixy dust? Constructive criticism shouldn't be against the rules. Nobody is perfect.

That's magical, I Love Toys, you just disarmed my entire argument. Or wait, did you not even read what I wrote? I wasn't saying I WAS HARMED or offended. My question was answered in a timely manner with at least a little bit of respect, and it was impossible that it could have been asked more than once because it had to deal with the current situation of the site. Not to mention, I said if the question shouldn't be answered, don't answer it. Or AT LEAST explain why it shouldn't be answered. Just saying "DON'T ASK THAT QUESTION" doesn't get anybody ANYWHERE. If you want a noob to become an "expert" like you guys (I guess) then they have to learn from somewhere. Yeah, you encounter a lot of idiots everywhere, so IGNORE them, it's just bad form to tell them they're idiotic. I do make an exception, if they're assholes and idiots, you've got to call them out on being an asshole. I'm not out to bash anybody here. Chill the fuck out, I just think the community as a whole could be nicer. Case-in-point, you guys fighting tooth and nail to defend your stance that it's okay to bash them because they don't use a search. How's that for return key usage?

J4320

11-08-2006 15:04:26

i wuv u baby

BD2006BD

11-08-2006 15:06:13

sounds like someone needs to go cry somwhere for a while

ILoveToys

11-08-2006 15:07:38

You clearly still haven't read the rules....You would get it when someone said "Don't ask that" if you had read the rules....and no...i didn't read most of what you wrote, but I'm glad you're starting to use the

Return

Key )

hairyferry

11-08-2006 15:27:46

yikes....

Just browse for a bit with the search, if you have any questions and you don't wanna post feel free to pm me or aim me.

x323smostwantedx

11-08-2006 15:32:30

http//i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/mexmoy69/29fbfca1.jpg[" alt=""/img4f4e90dd2a]

ffactoryxx

11-08-2006 15:34:19

x323 (

I was just gonna post that

KnightTrader

11-08-2006 15:34:45

[quote5ac6416bfa="ffactoryxx"]http/" alt=""/img80.imageshack.us/img="80/3883/20060305shuttfuxl7.jpg[" alt=""/img5ac6416bfa][/quote5ac6416bfa]

+krma, Nice D

JUNIOR6886

11-08-2006 15:38:47

[quote9d4139219f="Rockslikeaspoon"]Seriously. I don't know how many threads I've read where somebody asks a question, and instead of answering the question, they tell the person it's against the rules. THAT'S NOT HELPFUL. THAT'S THE OPPOSITE OF HELPFUL. Yeah I get it, it's in the rules, but if you aren't a mod, IT ISN'T YOUR PROBLEM. Who cares if what the guy said shouldn't be posted, or his question shouldn't be asked. Answer it, and let the mods remove the answer or lock the post. So many helpful questions I've found have been unanswered and replaced with some jackass saying it's against the rules. Or better yet, they post a link to ANOTHER POST saying it's against the rules. There are separate posts that say it's against the rules, and some user who finds an inappropriate question can find another post to tell the person that asked the question (indirectly mind you) that THEY CAN'T ASK THAT QUESTION. Is it even possible that a single question could really be killing Freeipodguide.com? Are the rules etched in stone? Are the people who wrote these rules infallible? Will you follow them to the death? I think if you see a question you have an answer to, answer it. If you don't have an answer, or the question isn't appropriate DON'T FUCKING ANSWER IT. And the people who have been at this site (with the exception of a few) are the nastiest people I've ever come accross online. They hate "noobs." They find themselves somehow superior in the "freebie community." CONGRATULATIONS, you know how the site works, and new people don't. You're sweet. Like really really sweet. At first, I thought the people on this site were decent, but in actuallity they're really pretty illogical and nonsensical. It's not that big of a deal to help somebody out, but it's rare that you see that here. Especially from the mods. I get it you're mods. And just like cops, you're just powertripping. Congrats to you too, you "pwned" everybody, but that doesn't make you any less of an asshole.[/quote9d4139219f]

Pretty much describes 99% of all internet forums.... get over it

theysayjump

11-08-2006 15:47:27

Every single person who posted in this thread only solidified his point even more.

I agree with every single point he makes (beside the Mods/Admins being on a powertrip). The majority of people on this forum trade and you wouldn't be able to trade if it wasn't for the newbies. Everyone on this forum deserves more respect than they get and people are too quick to flame or put someone down just for asking a question.

Think it's cool to make fun of someone, put someone down, post a "funny" picture directed towards them? You're wrong. It's not cool. It just makes you look childish and immature.

If people on this forum would just be a little bit more helpful or use some consideration that everyone was a newbie at one point, then maybe we'd all get along a bit better and posts like this wouldn't happen.

If you (regular users) get frustrated at the same questions being asked time and time and again, how do you think we (Mods/Admins) feel having to deal with those people, warn them, lock their threads, answer their questions, PM them etc?

Rockslikeaspoon brought up a perfectly valid point and you guys flamed him for it.

Good job, kids. roll

EatChex89

11-08-2006 15:49:26

Welcome to the Internet, Rockslikeaspoon!

Glad to see you've got your connection running and that you're using your internet responsibly!

Rockslikeaspoon

11-08-2006 15:52:49

What are you guys retarded? I don't care. You're the assholes. I didn't get a mean comment when I asked a question because my question couldn't have been asked before.

You think personal attacks like go cry in a corner are an effective way to argue? Be my guest. I think I know a 6 year old down the street who could outwit you. I'm not crying, and I'm not distraught over the situation. It's like you guys don't even read what I'm writing, make up your mind, post an idiotic comment, and call it a day. I don't get it.

Yeah I get it, shut the fuck up says Arnold. Posting it twice, makes it twice as cool right? So what if 999% of everything is filled with assholes, the point is the first step to recovering from being an asshole is admitting you are one.

EatChex89

11-08-2006 15:54:59

[quoteea2a1080de="Rockslikeaspoon"]What are you guys retarded? I don't care. You're the assholes. I didn't get a mean comment when I asked a question because my question couldn't have been asked before.

You think personal attacks like go cry in a corner are an effective way to argue? Be my guest. I think I know a 6 year old down the street who could outwit you. I'm not crying, and I'm not distraught over the situation. It's like you guys don't even read what I'm writing, make up your mind, post an idiotic comment, and call it a day. I don't get it.

Yeah I get it, shut the fuck up says Arnold. Posting it twice, makes it twice as cool right? So what if 999% of everything is filled with assholes, the point is [bea2a1080de]the first step to recovering from being an asshole is admitting you are one[/bea2a1080de].[/quoteea2a1080de]

then admit it already! i'm sick of waiting...

ILoveToys

11-08-2006 15:55:01

[quoteed37707a55="Rockslikeaspoon"]the first step to recovering from being an asshole is admitting you are one.[/quoteed37707a55]

How do you know?

x323smostwantedx

11-08-2006 15:55:38

[quote1c29ba7fd1="ffactoryxx"]x323 (

I was just gonna post that[/quote1c29ba7fd1]
My Bad D

hairyferry

11-08-2006 15:55:56

[quote175e85044f="hairyferry"]yikes....

Just browse for a bit with the search, if you have any questions and you don't wanna post feel free to pm me or aim me.[/quote175e85044f]

WTF,
TSJ, how is that comment stereotypical,

I was offering to help. Sheesh....I'm not trying to be an "asshole"

dmorris68

11-08-2006 15:56:41

Ummm, did any of you guys read TSJ's post above? Please do so...

hairyferry, your post was the exception. Disregard...

theysayjump

11-08-2006 15:57:30

[quote8afa8dbc28="hairyferry"][quote8afa8dbc28="hairyferry"]yikes....

Just browse for a bit with the search, if you have any questions and you don't wanna post feel free to pm me or aim me.[/quote8afa8dbc28]

WTF,

I was offering to help. Sheesh....I'm not trying to be an "asshole"[/quote8afa8dbc28]

Sorry Kevin, I missed that one. oops

My post still applies but with the exception of hairferry.

hairyferry

11-08-2006 15:58:38

yessss..... Roger Doger

h3x

11-08-2006 16:00:38

I've said this time and time again... Can't we all just get a bong? ?

I'll even provide the nugs...

http/" alt=""/img128.imageshack.us/img="128/6930/dscf00029vh.jpg[" alt=""/img95d8482bfa]

Rockslikeaspoon

11-08-2006 16:04:34

I'm just saying, maybe if you think twice before acting like an assclown and flaming some poor innocent newb, this might just be a better site.

ILoveToys

11-08-2006 16:04:35

I considered that we were all newbies at some point, and that we probably all had the same experience of questions being shot down and many links to 10 page threads to find answers to our questions...Many of which I received from mods at this site (not either of you TSJ or dmorris)...

I really find out more by looking around first, and not expecting to be spoon fed...If that makes me a jerk for assuming ppl are capable on their own, then I am sorry I have over estimated some.

J4320

11-08-2006 16:07:21

[quote3374fc7abd="theysayjump"][quote3374fc7abd="hairyferry"][quote3374fc7abd="hairyferry"]yikes....

Just browse for a bit with the search, if you have any questions and you don't wanna post feel free to pm me or aim me.[/quote3374fc7abd]

WTF,

I was offering to help. Sheesh....I'm not trying to be an "asshole"[/quote3374fc7abd]

Sorry Kevin, I missed that one. oops

My post still applies but with the exception of hairferry.[/quote3374fc7abd]

What about me? I was expressing my love for him. (

P

JUNIOR6886

11-08-2006 16:12:02

Has your thread done anything to affect the number of assholes or the degree of their stupidity? Just yesterday I was flamed left and right
just for asking how to turn the warning signals off in my car. The same people who IM me with their Nuitech and various DIY questions were pretty quick to flame when it was ME who needed help.

I guess my point is
be it freeipodguide, A4scam, faggy authority, congablast etc. Every freebie forum will have a high volume of idiots who think its cool to flame or be asses in general. Every freebie forum also has people who arent assholes and are actually willing to help you.... from reading dmorris' or TSJ's posts would you say they're assholes?

seek out the people in the forum with useful knowledge and ignore the assholes if you wanna get anything out of the forums bedises a few minutes of killed time shrug

Rockslikeaspoon

11-08-2006 16:13:41

[quote750429ccc2] I considered that we were all newbies at some point, and that we probably all had the same experience of questions being shot down and many links to 10 page threads to find answers to our questions...Many of which I received from mods at this site (not either of you TSJ or dmorris)...

I really find out more by looking around first, and not expecting to be spoon fed...If that makes me a jerk for assuming ppl are capable on their own, then I am sorry I have over estimated some.[/quote750429ccc2]

No, it makes you a jerk for doing to others what you hated when it was done to you. It's not your call to say how people should learn new things on freeipodguide.

Just because we were all once newbs and got treated like shit, doesn't mean you have to continue the legacy. I stand by the fact that it stills makes you an asshole. If someone gets spoon fed the information, then he gets spoon fed the information. We're not competing for who knows the most, the POINT of the whole site is to help each other. It's not supposed to be a community of every man for himself. It just doesn't work as well.

BD2006BD

11-08-2006 16:32:12

ok ok ok... if you just sign up for a forum and you are too dumb to read the VERY FIRST topic of the forum that is labeled in capital letters

"RULES READ BEFORE POSTING!!"

then you deserve to be yelled at. It is another story if you have read through the most of the rules and state that before the noobish question. Thats just my opinion..

ffactoryxx

11-08-2006 16:33:02

[quoted7b77bfbe3="h3x"]I've said this time and time again... Can't we all just get a bong? ?

http/" alt=""/img128.imageshack.us/img="128/6930/dscf00029vh.jpg[" alt=""/imgd7b77bfbe3][/quoted7b77bfbe3]

Really. Want to send me some or were you lying about providing the herbs (

TryinToGetPaid

11-08-2006 16:35:52

Woah, I will take some.

BD2006BD

11-08-2006 16:36:34

losers

ILoveToys

11-08-2006 16:45:35

[quote1446d24252="Rockslikeaspoon"][quote1446d24252] I considered that we were all newbies at some point, and that we probably all had the same experience of questions being shot down and many links to 10 page threads to find answers to our questions...Many of which I received from mods at this site (not either of you TSJ or dmorris)...

I really find out more by looking around first, and not expecting to be spoon fed...If that makes me a jerk for assuming ppl are capable on their own, then I am sorry I have over estimated some.[/quote1446d24252]

No, it makes you a jerk for doing to others what you hated when it was done to you. It's not your call to say how people should learn new things on freeipodguide.

Just because we were all once newbs and got treated like shit, doesn't mean you have to continue the legacy. I stand by the fact that it stills makes you an asshole. If someone gets spoon fed the information, then he gets spoon fed the information. We're not competing for who knows the most, the POINT of the whole site is to help each other. It's not supposed to be a community of every man for himself. It just doesn't work as well.[/quote1446d24252]

I don't think I ever said that I hated how I was treated or that I was treated like shit. Those are your words.

You are right. This is a community where we are all trying to help each other out. I see how your vulgarness is helping everyone already. That being said this community has rules (which you still haven't even claimed to have read), and those rules do not allow for certain questions to be answered, and are the first thing you should have read when registering here. Had you done that, you likely would not have been flamed so many times.

You said something earlier about the only way things change are if someone stands up for it, a revolution so to speak. I hate to say it, but this is a FREE membership community. America..not free, we all pay a thing called taxes and have say in the laws that govern us. FiPG..free, we can make suggestions to the rules that the Mods/Admins have in place, but it's totally up to them whether or not to do anything with it. That being said I take it you would like there to be a new rule, "Everyone shalt be nice and full of flowery responses to all questions even when members of less than a month freak out and call everyone assholes and idiots."

I have found any member I ask a question of to be helpful all along, but I have asked questions I cannot find answers to easily, and I do so with some tactfulness.

You ask us to ignore stupid questions from newbs, but isn't it just as easy for newbs to ignore stupid questions from the people who have been here? Before you went off calling us all aholes/idiots, I had answered a question of yours (in fact I took the time to hit up google and figure out what you had to search to get the nuitech offer you wanted). My only real issue with you is that you totally flipped out (because maybe 4 or 5 people posted stupid shit), rather than just being the calm guy you're asking us all to be.

kyks17

11-08-2006 17:00:25

i only said u should leave here if you don't like it because you chose to come here, so wouldnt you want to choose to continue to come here only if you liked it? no, the answer to everything is not to leave it because u dont like it (like ur example of leaving america cuz u dunt like it), but for an internet forum im pretty sure that would be an ok answer.

i find your thread a bit ridiculous because every single post you make in it is so accusatory to ALL of us, yet you keep telling us how you hate the flaming. well maybe you should stop doing it to us.

personally, i dont consider myself one of the people who flames a n00b or anyone else on here for that matter, and ive seen more than "just a few" other posters that are the same.

ILoveToys

11-08-2006 17:02:54

^^ Amen

TryinToGetPaid

11-08-2006 17:12:41

Agreed. How can you say you hate flaming, yet come here and flame every person who posts here?

And like I said before, if this forum does not suit you, then leave. It is a simple matter of you taking your mouse cursor to that X in the upper right corner and clicking.

Iloveipods2

11-08-2006 17:13:18

[quote22882e5b57="EatChex89"]Welcome to FreeiPodGuide![/quote22882e5b57]

we should bring back that other thread, it got the whole forum nice for about a week

hehehhehe

11-08-2006 17:17:20

Well, I am an asshole but I usually don't bother posting the kind of things you're talking about.... but yeah, there are some idiots here. You can't really get away from those in an internet forum.

EatChex89

11-08-2006 17:20:26

[quote7353e5df4a="Iloveipods2"][quote7353e5df4a="EatChex89"]Welcome to FreeiPodGuide![/quote7353e5df4a]

we should bring back that other thread, it got the whole forum nice for about a week[/quote7353e5df4a]

the fastcabbage thread?

Iloveipods2

11-08-2006 17:35:49

[quote641ef3553d="EatChex89"][quote641ef3553d="Iloveipods2"][quote641ef3553d="EatChex89"]Welcome to FreeiPodGuide![/quote641ef3553d]

we should bring back that other thread, it got the whole forum nice for about a week[/quote641ef3553d]

the fastcabbage thread?[/quote641ef3553d]

fast cabbage? huh? It had the title of like "everyone should stop being rude and agnostic" or something of that sort. It really made the forum a nice place for a while

justinag06

11-08-2006 17:44:09

nah lets bring the fastcabbage thread back.

He said he's having a contest for the best cabbage related picture we can find.

Get back to work people

Wolfeman

11-08-2006 17:45:23

I believe I feel like this

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/f50da17a0b25e71c58dd95d814d13175.gif[" alt=""/img2d00856969][img="2d00856969]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/239d62242f4a86311b8b1da88ad92d48.gif[" alt=""/img2d00856969]

Driscollv2

11-08-2006 17:47:38

[quotec75d1fc053="h3x"]I've said this time and time again... Can't we all just get a bong? ?

http/" alt=""/img128.imageshack.us/img="128/6930/dscf00029vh.jpg[" alt=""/imgc75d1fc053][/quotec75d1fc053]

haha, at first glance of those, I thought it was some dead little animals.

johnjimjones

11-08-2006 17:50:25

[quoted8b04235fd="Driscollv2"][quoted8b04235fd="h3x"]I've said this time and time again... Can't we all just get a bong? ?

http/" alt=""/img128.imageshack.us/img="128/6930/dscf00029vh.jpg[" alt=""/imgd8b04235fd][/quoted8b04235fd]

haha, at first glance of those, I thought it was some dead little animals.[/quoted8b04235fd]

I thought it was a squirrel.

egyptianruin

11-08-2006 18:32:52

I thought it was dead birds...and I for one am not stupid nor am I an asshole. roll

TryinToGetPaid

11-08-2006 18:41:54

LOL! Everyone thought h3x's weed was dead animals.

Maybe thats only funny because of all the meds floating in my system?

icy

11-08-2006 18:44:32

first person I pm'd was extremely rude. I asked if he could do freepay and hes like I CANT DO ANY FREEPAY CANT YOU READ GO AWAY NEWB

I pointed out freepay was not listed in the 'cannot do' section in his trade thread. then he said something stupid. overall it was a great experience.

YourGiftsFree

11-08-2006 19:06:29

I thought it was dead frogs shrug

Killer722

11-08-2006 19:25:04

[quotede01652107="JUNIOR6886"]A4scam[/quotede01652107]

Nice. lol.

h3x

11-08-2006 19:36:45

[quote0714c03a24]haha, at first glance of those, I thought it was some dead little animals.[/quote0714c03a24]

[quote0714c03a24]I thought it was a squirrel.[/quote0714c03a24]

[quote0714c03a24]I thought it was dead birds...[/quote0714c03a24]

[quote0714c03a24]I thought it was dead frogs[/quote0714c03a24]

roll

Wolfeman

11-08-2006 19:37:18

I thought it was a dead animal too. LOL!

syriandoode

11-08-2006 19:38:27

[quotedcb021f50a="Rockslikeaspoon"]I'm just saying, maybe if you think twice before acting like an [bdcb021f50a]assclown[/bdcb021f50a] and flaming some poor innocent newb, this might just be a better site.[/quotedcb021f50a]

thats a new one lol

bballp6699

11-08-2006 19:40:42

I don't have time to be an asshole anymore... (

I cry myself to sleep.

schf0ol3d

11-08-2006 19:51:41

[quoted6275df62d]Is everyone on this site an asshole AND an idiot?[/quoted6275df62d]
No, not everyone (at least the amount of people I've encountered). If someone says something mean towards you, then simply ignore it. If they keep thread-crapping and flaming, then i'm sure some form of authority will take action. A person can keep calling you names and YELL AT YOU OVER THE INTERNET LIKE THIS, but in the end, who really looks better to the community if you retort in a proper manner or just brush the said subject off?

CollidgeGraduit

11-08-2006 20:01:10

Yes, most of the people on this site are assholes and idiots.. I've been one or both from time to time, but I've been trying to be more considerate lately. Anyways, like TSJ said, imagine what it's like trying to moderate this stuff.

BD2006BD

11-08-2006 20:06:25

[quoted8bc0da3a5="johnjimjones"][quoted8bc0da3a5="Driscollv2"][quoted8bc0da3a5="h3x"]I've said this time and time again... Can't we all just get a bong? ?

http/" alt=""/img128.imageshack.us/img="128/6930/dscf00029vh.jpg[" alt=""/imgd8bc0da3a5][/quoted8bc0da3a5]

haha, at first glance of those, I thought it was some dead little animals.[/quoted8bc0da3a5]

I thought it was a squirrel.[/quoted8bc0da3a5]

fried chicken anyone?

Wolfeman

11-08-2006 21:06:37

I'm an asshole but I'm pretty smart. I'm also a prick in training...

irannaked

11-08-2006 21:09:25

im ganna be a asshole for once in this forum

Rockslikeaspoon STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!

there

johnjimjones

11-08-2006 21:24:59

[quoted706b7290d="irannaked"]im ganna be a asshole for once in this forum

Rockslikeaspoon STFU!!!!!!!!!!!!

there[/quoted706b7290d]

http//gotlan.net/images/banned.png[" alt=""/imgd706b7290d]

Wolfeman

11-08-2006 21:26:07

This thread is close to being locked, just FYI...

mikeman565

11-08-2006 21:27:05

[quote659f5e2bf4="BD2006BD"][quote659f5e2bf4="johnjimjones"][quote659f5e2bf4="Driscollv2"][quote659f5e2bf4="h3x"]I've said this time and time again... Can't we all just get a bong? ?

http/" alt=""/img128.imageshack.us/img="128/6930/dscf00029vh.jpg[" alt=""/img659f5e2bf4][/quote659f5e2bf4]

haha, at first glance of those, I thought it was some dead little animals.[/quote659f5e2bf4]

I thought it was a squirrel.[/quote659f5e2bf4]

fried chicken anyone?[/quote659f5e2bf4]

definitly thought they were frogs...

OldManWrigley

11-08-2006 22:08:35

I was driving the other day and was trying to turn on my wipers when all of a sudden this clicking started. I wasn't sure what it was at first, then I realized this arrow blinking green pointing to the right.....

Anyone know what this is????

---We're not dicks here, we're friendly.....

-----Hi my name is Jon, and i'm an asshole oops

I didn't mean anything bad by this post, but I bet anyone who actually keeps up with this forum will laugh after reading it. I'm not trying to insult you Junior, just get a laugh. No flaming intended......

I really missed this place for the 2 months I barely logged in ([/sizef465a41a0a]

tml09

11-08-2006 22:11:51

[quotea07e32c6e5="mikeman565"][quotea07e32c6e5="BD2006BD"][quotea07e32c6e5="johnjimjones"][quotea07e32c6e5="Driscollv2"][quotea07e32c6e5="h3x"]I've said this time and time again... Can't we all just get a bong? ?

http/" alt=""/img128.imageshack.us/img="128/6930/dscf00029vh.jpg[" alt=""/imga07e32c6e5][/quotea07e32c6e5]

haha, at first glance of those, I thought it was some dead little animals.[/quotea07e32c6e5]

I thought it was a squirrel.[/quotea07e32c6e5]

fried chicken anyone?[/quotea07e32c6e5]

definitly thought they were frogs...[/quotea07e32c6e5]

I think its disgusting shrug

unknown uchiha

11-08-2006 23:24:57

h3x, I thought those were nuts for some reason o_o

you know, squirrel nuts

I'm high or something

FreeOffersNow

11-08-2006 23:33:37

<--- Asshole/Idiot

fashionjunkee

12-08-2006 00:01:22

I totally 150% agree with TSJ. Its why I posted what I did.

syriandoode

12-08-2006 00:13:08

just a question here but whats the dividing line between an asshole and an idiot?

tylerc

12-08-2006 00:13:17

h3x, let me get a hit of that.

ajasax

12-08-2006 00:15:18

[quote7f837762ae="OldManWrigley"]I was driving the other day and was trying to turn on my wipers when all of a sudden this clicking started. I wasn't sure what it was at first, then I realized this arrow blinking green pointing to the right.....

Anyone know what this is????

---We're not dicks here, we're friendly.....

-----Hi my name is Jon, and i'm an asshole oops

I didn't mean anything bad by this post, but I bet anyone who actually keeps up with this forum will laugh after reading it. I'm not trying to insult you Junior, just get a laugh. No flaming intended......

I really missed this place for the 2 months I barely logged in ([/size7f837762ae][/quote7f837762ae]
LOL. Is it just me, or do you always apologize in advance for your posts )

unknown uchiha

12-08-2006 00:19:09

Assholes offend people just to do so. Idiots don't know when they've offended someone.

I'm an asshole to people who don't read my posts throroughly (did I spell that right?) from the Trading Post and like ask me to do sites I've already done, and to people who just constantly violate the rules of the board (After I've nicely warned them like twice on different posts).

I'm not an idiot.

Oh right. Rockslikeaspoon You say that you hate it how everyone's an asshole on the site, but you turn around and flame the people who reply to you. You say that everyone is immature and stuff, but you end up being just like the "everyone" you're describing in your replies. Don't you think that's a bit hypocritical of yourself?

It's just a question. If you hadn't gone ahead and flame the flamers, you would have kept the credibility of your original post.

OldManWrigley

12-08-2006 05:40:07

[quote3540892049="ajasax"]
LOL. Is it just me, or do you always apologize in advance for your posts )[/quote3540892049]

lol

Powerbook

12-08-2006 05:52:09

[quote1affa132be="OldManWrigley"][quote1affa132be="ajasax"]
LOL. Is it just me, or do you always apologize in advance for your posts )[/quote1affa132be]

lol[/quote1affa132be]

Guess you wanna play it safe ehh?

jy3

12-08-2006 14:34:13

yeah i agree that in most places on the internet there are plenty of people who are just not nice. I used to love going to antsmarching.org (a dmb trading site) and posting in all the areas but people got mean. I am a siteop there and have a server for ftp with music so i just post in the siteop area. People tend to have powertrips where there is not much of a consequence for your statements and actions. Hardly anyone would say the same things in the same way in person as they do on a message board. Similarly often posting on message boards can be a way to vent other frustrations, even on noobs. I have done it, though usually I try to be helpful as well. I think that we all have grown to be resilient in life and if someone were to call you stupid or a baby in real life, I think we all could handle it. Maybe people shouldn't act the way they do on the board, but no one is perfect.
PM me with questions if u have any.

Veek

12-08-2006 14:53:29

Hi.

amir89630

13-08-2006 20:57:33

to answer your main question,

the majority of the people on this site are assholes, but close to 50% are idiots.

and i did all that w/out referring to the rules, or directing you to another post.

EatChex89

13-08-2006 21:45:35

[quotee2dac9d78e="amir89630"]to answer your main question,

the majority of the people on this site are assholes, but close to 50% are idiots.

and i did all that w/out referring to the rules, or directing you to another post.[/quotee2dac9d78e]

where did you go running off to these past few months?

bullseye4u

13-08-2006 21:49:01

[quote31aef622a0="J4320"]i wuv u baby[/quote31aef622a0]

u maek no sence

kdollar

21-08-2006 13:08:26

i think people will be nicer with the site being down and lettin everyone know how much the miss fipg, lets see some common courtesy.

kposse77

21-08-2006 15:31:20

I have to admit, when I first read this thread, my initial reaction was, "who the hell do you think you are, spouting this crap like you're here to fix everything that you deem wrong?" I rewrote my reply to this thread any number of times looking to point out that you are being a hypocrite, and then I found this post

[quote97844c16f6="ILoveToys"]You are right. This is a community where we are all trying to help each other out. I see how your vulgarness is helping everyone already. That being said this community has rules (which you still haven't even claimed to have read), and those rules do not allow for certain questions to be answered, and are the first thing you should have read when registering here. Had you done that, you likely would not have been flamed so many times.

You said something earlier about the only way things change are if someone stands up for it, a revolution so to speak. I hate to say it, but this is a FREE membership community. America..not free, we all pay a thing called taxes and have say in the laws that govern us. FiPG..free, we can make suggestions to the rules that the Mods/Admins have in place, but it's totally up to them whether or not to do anything with it. That being said I take it you would like there to be a new rule, "Everyone shalt be nice and full of flowery responses to all questions even when members of less than a month freak out and call everyone assholes and idiots."

I have found any member I ask a question of to be helpful all along, but I have asked questions I cannot find answers to easily, and I do so with some tactfulness.

You ask us to ignore stupid questions from newbs, but isn't it just as easy for newbs to ignore stupid questions from the people who have been here? Before you went off calling us all aholes/idiots, I had answered a question of yours (in fact I took the time to hit up google and figure out what you had to search to get the nuitech offer you wanted). My only real issue with you is that you totally flipped out (because maybe 4 or 5 people posted stupid shit), rather than just being the calm guy you're asking us all to be.[/quote97844c16f6]

There are a few others down-thread that say basically the same thing, but this really says everything that I'm feeling. If there was a reply post of the month award on this board, this one would get my vote. I mean realistically, what have you accomplished from creating a thread where you ask whether everyone on this board is an asshole and an idiot? You started what could have been a constructive conversation and then turned it into "I don't care what you say now, you were an asshole to me before and therefore are a jerk and an asshole for disagreeing with me now" thread because some people heckled you.

Way to ruin it for the other newbs, who will no doubt without you, be mercilessly talked down to because like many other "revolutionary" figures, you put yourself above your cause. roll

veritas1204

23-08-2006 05:20:23

wow, interesting stuff, this emotional investment people seem to have in each other's opinions of comments made here.

It's funny, isn't it, that so many people can have so many different reactions to the same exact experience.

Like, for example, when someone here (or on any other forum for that matter) goes out of their way to refer to me as a n00b, or post some cute little pic telling me what I can do with my comments, I just close my eyes and calm myself by realizing that they are more than likely a lonely pathetic 40 year old obese child molester living in their mothers basement whose only joy in life (besides of course kiddie porn and star trek reruns) is finding new inventive (er, pathetic) ways to flame other readers on the forum.

Then I realize that I am probably better off keeping quiet and letting these scumbags have their fun.

After all, I can always go home to my wife; the only woman in their life (and no guys, sexycheerleader6969 doesn't count as a "real" woman until you see "her") is their mom.

so rocks, I guess what I'm trying to say is suck it up, because the minute you let all the petty insults get to you, you become no better than the guy who searched all over the internet to post a pic of someone's cat in an attempt to "pwn the n00b" (feel free to correct my spelling on that; I'll be sure to pretend to care).

IOW, getting mad and flaming them back only makes you look like just as big of a loser.

V

ps. To all the mods who chimed in on the point of rocks' message, thanks. I have been lurking here awhile and can honestly say you guys are doing a great job that goes unappriciated.

So, thanks. (and no, I don't want to be a mod or get a cool avatar; I just thought I would say good job).

And as for those of you who feel the need to respond by saying i wuv u or something retard....er....."cute", I think your mom's calling you for dinner.

You better hurry.

Fugger

23-08-2006 08:30:17

1 post? n00b.

<3

CollidgeGraduit

23-08-2006 08:58:52

[quote1e10abc270="veritas1204"]
So, thanks. (and no, I don't want to be a mod or get a cool avatar; I just thought I would say good job).[/quote1e10abc270]

GOOD, because I WASN'T going to give you a cool avatar! That was the last thing I was going to do, so SCREW YOU man!!!!

Thanks for the nice comment, it's appreciated.

ILoveToys

23-08-2006 08:59:20

[quote94927cc6cf="kposse77"]I have to admit, when I first read this thread, my initial reaction was, "who the hell do you think you are, spouting this crap like you're here to fix everything that you deem wrong?" I rewrote my reply to this thread any number of times looking to point out that you are being a hypocrite, and then I found this post

[quote94927cc6cf="ILoveToys"]You are right. This is a community where we are all trying to help each other out. I see how your vulgarness is helping everyone already. That being said this community has rules (which you still haven't even claimed to have read), and those rules do not allow for certain questions to be answered, and are the first thing you should have read when registering here. Had you done that, you likely would not have been flamed so many times.

You ask us to ignore stupid questions from newbs, but isn't it just as easy for newbs to ignore stupid questions from the people who have been here? Before you went off calling us all aholes/idiots, I had answered a question of yours (in fact I took the time to hit up google and figure out what you had to search to get the nuitech offer you wanted). My only real issue with you is that you totally flipped out (because maybe 4 or 5 people posted stupid shit), rather than just being the calm guy you're asking us all to be.[/quote94927cc6cf]

There are a few others down-thread that say basically the same thing, but this really says everything that I'm feeling. [b94927cc6cf]If there was a reply post of the month award on this board, this one would get my vote[/b94927cc6cf]. I mean realistically, what have you accomplished from creating a thread where you ask whether everyone on this board is an asshole and an idiot? You started what could have been a constructive conversation and then turned it into "I don't care what you say now, you were an asshole to me before and therefore are a jerk and an asshole for disagreeing with me now" thread because some people heckled you.

Way to ruin it for the other newbs, who will no doubt without you, be mercilessly talked down to because like many other "revolutionary" figures, you put yourself above your cause. roll[/quote94927cc6cf]

Sweet )

thewanda

23-08-2006 12:17:37

i'm a noob and i love it here...
i won't say EVERYONE'S GREAT but 99% of those i met here are awesome.

too bad for you..

ps that thing... the frog-nut-squirrel lookalike...
looks like fried pork chop to me. those with bones...
oh hungry...

justinag06

23-08-2006 13:57:24

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/648e593bbf771bd069e89c02bc3165eb.gif[" alt=""/img6a28ac6f91]

tylerc

23-08-2006 14:23:13

wtf justin lol