any1 heard about this?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=4424

akkopolis

02-01-2005 17:41:25

http//www.gearliveqt.com

its called Gear Live QuickTrade

apparently everyone on this site trades referrals, and theres an ebay type system where u can see if the guy ure trading with is trustworthy or not

sounds good to me. anyone here trying this?

twhite567

02-01-2005 17:54:12

I am, have been using it..works pretty well, but you run out of sites to do.
-TW

bigboy106

02-01-2005 19:41:20

dam u have to pay

l0th

02-01-2005 19:48:26

you have to pay [bbdcbdd12fe]and[/bbdcbdd12fe] there's no refund if you get scammed by someone.

Are there scammers? Yes. Here's a 23 pages long thread about them

http//www.gearlive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3405[]http//www.gearlive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3405

hemingway2

06-01-2005 22:41:36

[quoted918ce5823="l0th"]you have to pay [bd918ce5823]and[/bd918ce5823] there's no refund if you get scammed by someone.

Are there scammers? Yes. Here's a 23 pages long thread about them

http//www.gearlive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3405[]http//www.gearlive.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3405[/quoted918ce5823]

its amazing that you go around to every board and bash the site.
almost as if you have a strong personal vendetta against QT for what reason, who knows. probably jealousy. and you're not even a member who's ever tried it out. as they say, don't knock it till you try it.

considering that thread you linked to refers to the same 15-20 users, who have all been banned. and theres over 560 users of the network, i'd say the ratio is quite high of success.

theres systems in place (karma/feedback), to see who are legit, active, trustworthy users (the same way ebay works). and quite hoenstly, if you read through everybody's feedback you'd see the very very high success rate of the system.

i'd even venture to say mroe people ahve compelted their free sites via quicktrade then any other method (including your circle congas). its the #1 referral based support site, so obvisouly we're doing something right.

if you even read the reviews at 3rd party sites
http//www.topreferralsites.com/index.php?a=stats&id=27&allreviews=1
youll see how happy people are with it.

cheers.

l0th

07-01-2005 02:49:06

lol.

here we're at it again. So let's try to make things clear again.

[quote2f943fdf9e]its amazing that you go around to every board and bash the site.[/quote2f943fdf9e]

I don't go around bashing the site. I didn't start this thread. But when people ask about it, I tell them what I think. That's what forums are for. Any problem with that?

[quote2f943fdf9e]almost as if you have a strong personal vendetta against QT for what reason, who knows. probably jealousy.[/quote2f943fdf9e]

I don't have a personal vendetta against QT. I just have a thing against people who make others pay for a service that could be free. People who have used our service know what I'm talking about. And it's not jealousy, I'm not competing with QT for very good reasons

_ there are many ways in which I could have made money out of this by making people pay for our service (we had people offering on their own to pay us and we've always refused), but I'd be too ashamed to make money out of others' free deals. If I wanted to, I'd set-up my own offer website. So, no jealousy about the money, I'm not interested, I got enough free stuff not to be, thanks.

_ QT doesn't take away users from our system they can sign-up on both a circle and QT. Actually, I think a trading system is a perfect complement to our system and that's why we're looking into providing such a service to our members for free. We would have no problem sending our members to QT if only we didn't know $7.50 per user is a rip-off for such a service. We'd been waiting to see if by any chance QT would become free, but obviously, there's too much to gain easily from it.

_ the reason why I let people know about this on forums when they ask questions about it is because I want to help people get free stuff for free, but I don't think it's an approach you seem to understand, so just forget about my motivations...

[quote2f943fdf9e]you're not even a member who's ever tried it out. as they say, don't knock it till you try it[/quote2f943fdf9e]

I don't need to try it for several good reasons

_ I don't need to trade for any deal, thanks.

_ I already know $7.50 for this service is $7.50 too much

_ I know people who've tried it and based on their experience, I feel comfortable voicing some criticism. What about this user yosarian who posted at GL

[quote2f943fdf9e]My first three quicktrades
One f&li$ed me over and got a green from me
One couldnt do the only offer on the page he hadnt done (wouldnt process) and now owes me an offer & he got a green from me
And now this guy[/quote2f943fdf9e]

I think $7.50 is a bit expansive for such the service yosarian got. But it looks like he won't get any partial refund, and he's now left with 3 less deals he can't trade for. QT has become virtually useless for him.

[quote2f943fdf9e]considering that thread you linked to refers to the same 15-20 users, who have all been banned. and theres over 560 users of the network, i'd say the ratio is quite high of success.[/quote2f943fdf9e]

650 x $7.50 = 4875 + $7.50 x 20 (cause you still got the money from these scammers right?) = $4915. I would indeed call this a high success. You'll tell us that it costs you a lot of money I'm sure. Well, go ahead, give us a detail of your costs and we can make up our mind and decide if $7.50 seems to be indeed a decent price to pay given your costs.

[quote2f943fdf9e]theres systems in place (karma/feedback), to see who are legit, active, trustworthy users (the same way ebay works). and quite hoenstly, if you read through everybody's feedback you'd see the very very high success rate of the system. [/quote2f943fdf9e]

I've already commented on this and you know it. While having a karma system is better than nothing, I doubt that it's very useful because people with highest karma are not available for trade (that's how they got their high karma), and you have to rely on new users who don't have any positive karma yet because these are the ones who are available for trade.

[quote2f943fdf9e]i'd even venture to say mroe people ahve compelted their free sites via quicktrade then any other method (including your circle congas). its the #1 referral based support site, so obvisouly we're doing something right[/quote2f943fdf9e]

As I said, I'm not in competition with QT. I don't like competing in general and I certainly don't want to compare with people who make others pay for that kind of thing. I won't venture any comment about results, because you're obviously trying to advertise here, and I won't that's not what this is about.

[quote2f943fdf9e]if you even read the reviews at 3rd party sites
http//www.topreferralsites.com/index.php?a=stats&id=27&allreviews=1
youll see how happy people are with it. [/quote2f943fdf9e]

Advertising again, but whatever. Note that in the best case this is only a small fraction of your users and that some of them seems to raise the same issues as I do overpriced no real control over scammers.

Anyway, someone please lock this thread this is the same thing over and over again, QT has not changed a bit, except that they've made more money than before, so there's nothing really new to talk about.

cheers

phorty

07-01-2005 03:52:57

Jesus christ...alright...ROUND TWO...BEGIN[/size320203a0c9]![b320203a0c9][/b320203a0c9]

CoMpFrEaK

07-01-2005 07:06:13

i motion for some sort of trade forums here!

phorty

07-01-2005 07:11:05

yes, but not only for referrals, for babies, damaged prostitutes and aging parents.

so,yeah, if the trades include all the above, than count me in, otherwise- don't waste my time foo'' P

Cheers ( i had to say it, you guys have been hogging the word up too much lol )

l0th

07-01-2005 08:33:47

[quote02f3e3b60a]Jesus christ...alright...ROUND TWO...BEGIN![/quote02f3e3b60a]

lol

sorry, I don't like being pushed around when I just try to help others...

Stroid

07-01-2005 08:33:52

nice rebutal 10TH and i agree that paying to do trades takes away from the free aspect of these deals )

FreeOffersNow

07-01-2005 21:50:14

l0th > hemingway2