MSWord Problem

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=44023

Nimh

03-08-2006 09:52:34

I know a lot of you are good with computers, but what about Word? Here's the deal we have a HUGE 115 page document that we want to page number, BUT here's the catch the page numbering has to start on page 4, and it has to start with number 2. Is it possible to do this automatically without having to break the document into two seperate documents? I know it's kind of a weird question, but it's for my work, and no one here can figure it out. Thanks in advance.

TryinToGetPaid

03-08-2006 10:03:53

Isnt there a setting that says Start On and Start with?

I vaguely remember from 7th grade computer class....

romanodog

03-08-2006 10:05:26

try inserting a section break on page 4, that might work
i dont know how to make it start with 2 though

doylnea

03-08-2006 10:25:09

[quote1dff468c1d="romanodog"]try inserting a section break on page 4, that might work
i dont know how to make it start with 2 though[/quote1dff468c1d]

Correct, use a Next Page Section break, and insert page numbers into the header or footer, starting on the correct page. Open the header or footer using View | Header and Footer, and then click the button in the Header and Footer toolbar that looks like a hand holding a piece of paper with a # (Format Page Number). The Page Numbering section of Format Page Number allows you to choose any page number to starting the numbering.

manOFice

03-08-2006 10:35:30

[quote1f27daf12b="doylnea"][quote1f27daf12b="romanodog"]try inserting a section break on page 4, that might work
i dont know how to make it start with 2 though[/quote1f27daf12b]

Correct, use a Next Page Section break, and insert page numbers into the header or footer, starting on the correct page. Open the header or footer using View | Header and Footer, and then click the button in the Header and Footer toolbar that looks like a hand holding a piece of paper with a # (Format Page Number). The Page Numbering section of Format Page Number allows you to choose any page number to starting the numbering.[/quote1f27daf12b]

Beat me to it =P

Killer722

03-08-2006 11:41:20

Use a Next Page Section break, and insert page numbers into the header or footer, starting on the correct page. Open the header or footer using View | Header and Footer, and then click the button in the Header and Footer toolbar that looks like a hand holding a piece of paper with a # (Format Page Number). The Page Numbering section of Format Page Number allows you to choose any page number to starting the numbering.

You're welcome. )

doylnea

03-08-2006 12:12:58

[quote539be4321b="Killer722"]Use a Next Page Section break, and insert page numbers into the header or footer, starting on the correct page. Open the header or footer using View | Header and Footer, and then click the button in the Header and Footer toolbar that looks like a hand holding a piece of paper with a # (Format Page Number). The Page Numbering section of Format Page Number allows you to choose any page number to starting the numbering.

You're welcome. )[/quote539be4321b]

You're joking right, that's word for word what I wrote.

TryinToGetPaid

03-08-2006 12:19:22

You are quick my young friend.

dmorris68

03-08-2006 12:19:59

[quotefb0db0539b="doylnea"][quotefb0db0539b="Killer722"]Use a Next Page Section break, and insert page numbers into the header or footer, starting on the correct page. Open the header or footer using View | Header and Footer, and then click the button in the Header and Footer toolbar that looks like a hand holding a piece of paper with a # (Format Page Number). The Page Numbering section of Format Page Number allows you to choose any page number to starting the numbering.

You're welcome. )[/quotefb0db0539b]

You're joking right, that's word for word what I wrote.[/quotefb0db0539b]

PM's doylnea a sense of humor...

P

Yeah, I think he was trying to be cute. ;)