What do you do..

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=43877

Kayanite

31-07-2006 23:42:47

..if someone agrees to a trade, does half a credit then leaves it at that and pretty much ignores any further communication bout finishing up? Get someone else and finish up? Gonna guess so, but what if that 1 person finally decides to respond and do an offer when you're already done? Tough luck, better luck next time or do you pay up?

dmorris68

01-08-2006 06:09:39

How long has it been? Did you go green/pay for them yet?

They should make an effort to complete their end of the trade ASAP. If they went first, it's tough to label them a scammer because you aren't out anything. More like lazy, and unfortunately there isn't a law against that (yet). I believe TSJ is in the process of updating the trading rules to include some time constraints, to help curb this sort of thing.

Violators will be prone to numerous harsh and painful punishments that we're having trouble getting past Amnesty International and the UN, but we've got John Bolton working on it and expect to have a breakthough any day now.

Sorry for that last part, it's shaping up to be a silly day. )

Kayanite

01-08-2006 07:00:51

Well, not really meaning anyone in general, exactly. Just saying what would you do in the scenario if you were the one going last, you contact the person and agreed on an "instant" type thing and they do only a half credit and say they'll do the other half "tonight/tomorrow" and they never do it and still haven't done it 5ish days later by the time their first half went through. Mean while you're talking to them and they keep saying "I'll do it blah", "I'll do it bleh" and if you even tell them/ask them something like if they're able to do it already, blah blah and to let ya know cause you'll get someone else if not and if they don't respond and you get someone else and you finish it then they go green after it, you don't want to be out any extra cash and they just ignore your request?

Please keep in mind I'm in no way going along the lines of accusing anyone of scamming or was that even the direction I was going in, other then maybe myself or someone else in projected scenario. Hope this makes better sense.