!!! CoMpFrEaK !!!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=43825

cwncool

31-07-2006 08:43:13

What happened with him? Did he just go on a scamming rampage or something? Wow...

Tholek

31-07-2006 08:46:04

This thread may shed light on the issue[=http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=43609&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]This thread may shed light on the issue.

CollidgeGraduit

31-07-2006 08:51:58

Basically he brought extremely false accusations, based on a lot of weak assumptions, against Gigante for revenge. Not only that, he talked a site owner (DCA Owner) into posting it for him, citing an "anonymous" source.

He wanted revenge because Gigante got him busted for offer fraud, which Compfreak has bragged about committing, including (but not limited to) doing offers multiple times using other peoples' credit cards with their permission.

JUNIOR6886

31-07-2006 09:08:54

Reporting people on the scammers section for DIY sites? how fucking idiotic. That board is supposed to be used for people who trying to screw others over on trades roll

freedesktoppc

31-07-2006 10:14:09

Well its finally been admitted that the all powerful private DIY forum was trying to fuck around with everyone. I think if anyone from that fiasco is a member here, they should be banned for that alone.

kdollar

31-07-2006 10:14:40

theres a private diy forum?

dmorris68

31-07-2006 10:33:28

No, there isn't. The DIY forum is hidden from guests, but is visible to all registered members.

freedesktoppc, you talking about A4F?

freedesktoppc

31-07-2006 10:48:16

I don't know whats on A4f, but there was thing whole big thing before you became active here. From what is public information, a lot of the holier-than-thou DIYers decided to create their own private DIY forum (i forget the name). There is no problem with that in theory, as they can do whatever they want, and they have no obligation to share their info with the public. However, it has always been speculated, and now confirmed in that thread that they purposely gave out bad information and lied to people on here and other forums to try and prevent others from finishing, and basically so they could get away with their fraudings, etc. without these companies catching on. Now that this is admitted, I think anyone involved in that should be banned, much less a mod.

ffactoryxx

31-07-2006 10:52:51

Im missed somethings and breifly read through the fiasco but how did Compufreak get busted for fraud and who busted him?

freedesktoppc

31-07-2006 10:58:50

well fgr_admin had a aim log with him, but IMO prob. implicated him as well, otherwise I don't see why compfreak would tell him all that, and it seems that FGR kind of gave him a tip presumably from personal experience.

I know that he or someone will now come in here and say that he was just trying to get info off of compfreak, or there are a million other reasons why he was having that conversation, and why he recommended what he did, but who are we trying to kid here? It is no secret that many people do offers multiple times and fraud in other ways, and the unspoken word is to ignore it unless it becomes an issue, so why would anyone try to get dragged into this when dirt could be brought up on them?

kdollar

31-07-2006 11:04:26

[quotee98e49d829="freedesktoppc"]well fgr_admin had a aim log with him, but IMO prob. implicated him as well, otherwise I don't see why compfreak would tell him all that, and it seems that FGR kind of gave him a tip presumably from personal experience.

I know that he or someone will now come in here and say that he was just trying to get info off of compfreak, or there are a million other reasons why he was having that conversation, and why he recommended what he did, but who are we trying to kid here? It is no secret that many people do offers multiple times and fraud in other ways, and the unspoken word is to ignore it unless it becomes an issue, so why would anyone try to get dragged into this when dirt could be brought up on them?[/quotee98e49d829]

not fair to point the finger at fgr, just because of his enormous tr makes him an easy target and its an exhausted subject; its easy to take a glance at him but hes legit, innocent until proven guilty, compfreak must of done something wrong in order to be banned, the mods are fair and take justice when needed and dont falsely accuse when it comes to banning ).

doylnea

31-07-2006 11:06:11

[quote43a14d37c2="kdollar"]not fair to point the finger at fgr, just because of his enormous tr makes him an easy target and its an exhausted subject; its easy to take a glance at him but hes legit, innocent until proven guilty, compfreak must of done something wrong in order to be banned, the mods are fair and take justice when needed and dont falsely accuse when it comes to banning ).[/quote43a14d37c2]

Compfreak is not banned - he just has a Scarlett letter these days.

dmorris68

31-07-2006 11:06:32

[quoteebac097a4e="freedesktoppc"]I don't know whats on A4f, but there was thing whole big thing before you became active here. From what is public information, a lot of the holier-than-thou DIYers decided to create their own private DIY forum (i forget the name). There is no problem with that in theory, as they can do whatever they want, and they have no obligation to share their info with the public. However, it has always been speculated, and now confirmed in that thread that they purposely gave out bad information and lied to people on here and other forums to try and prevent others from finishing, and basically so they could get away with their fraudings, etc. without these companies catching on. Now that this is admitted, I think anyone involved in that should be banned, much less a mod.[/quoteebac097a4e]
Yep, must have been before my time then.

But you're assuming they were discussing how to fraud sites. How do you know this if you weren't privy to the forum yourself? If you're basing it on Gigante's post, you're not taking into account the context and intention of those posts as we now know them. He was not promoting fraud.

Deceiving noobs into avoiding the sites might seem reprehensible to some, but it's not an uncommon thing when you think about it. Some information is better kept contained or it deprives those "in the know." It happens on deal sites a lot, especially with pricing mistakes, and I suppose is true of DIY sites as well, particularly when DIY's were getting started. If participation explodes, the odds are greater that they will shutdown the deals or make them harder for people to do (I-Deal is a good example, always raising the reqs when they get too much participation).

So those who acquire the information are sometimes very protective of it for that reason -- either a the "clique" benefits and keep it secret, or spread it and very few benefit. Can't say that I have a problem with that.

kdollar

31-07-2006 11:07:12

well there ya go, mods are on top of it, hes not even banned, he gets another chance to set shit straight! anyways no heat for fgr.......this has nothing to do with him.

freedesktoppc

31-07-2006 11:12:50

[quote8cb6e40ef7="dmorris68"][quote8cb6e40ef7="freedesktoppc"]I don't know whats on A4f, but there was thing whole big thing before you became active here. From what is public information, a lot of the holier-than-thou DIYers decided to create their own private DIY forum (i forget the name). There is no problem with that in theory, as they can do whatever they want, and they have no obligation to share their info with the public. However, it has always been speculated, and now confirmed in that thread that they purposely gave out bad information and lied to people on here and other forums to try and prevent others from finishing, and basically so they could get away with their fraudings, etc. without these companies catching on. Now that this is admitted, I think anyone involved in that should be banned, much less a mod.[/quote8cb6e40ef7]

But you're assuming they were discussing how to fraud sites. How do you know this if you weren't privy to the forum yourself? If you're basing it on Gigante's post, you're not taking into account the context and intention of those posts as we now know them. He was not promoting fraud.

Deceiving noobs into avoiding the sites might seem reprehensible to some, but it's not an uncommon thing when you think about it. Some information is better kept contained or it deprives those "in the know." It happens on deal sites a lot, especially with pricing mistakes, and I suppose is true of DIY sites as well, particularly when DIY's were getting started. If participation explodes, the odds are greater that they will shutdown the deals or make them harder for people to do (I-Deal is a good example, always raising the reqs when they get too much participation).

So those who acquire the information are sometimes very protective of it for that reason -- either a the "clique" benefits and keep it secret, or spread it and very few benefit. Can't say that I have a problem with that.[/quote8cb6e40ef7]
I very specifically said that I did not either. But they actively lied and tried to deceive people and then tried to cover it all up when they got caught. Its not as if they were trying to stop new participation, they were trying to screw people who have been in this just as long or longer than they were.

As far as FGR goes, his conversation with compfreak implicates himself as much as it does compfreak, IMO.

CollidgeGraduit

31-07-2006 11:18:55

[quoted22687eac8="freedesktoppc"][quoted22687eac8="dmorris68"][quoted22687eac8="freedesktoppc"]I don't know whats on A4f, but there was thing whole big thing before you became active here. From what is public information, a lot of the holier-than-thou DIYers decided to create their own private DIY forum (i forget the name). There is no problem with that in theory, as they can do whatever they want, and they have no obligation to share their info with the public. However, it has always been speculated, and now confirmed in that thread that they purposely gave out bad information and lied to people on here and other forums to try and prevent others from finishing, and basically so they could get away with their fraudings, etc. without these companies catching on. Now that this is admitted, I think anyone involved in that should be banned, much less a mod.[/quoted22687eac8]

So those who acquire the information are sometimes very protective of it for that reason -- either a the "clique" benefits and keep it secret, or spread it and very few benefit. Can't say that I have a problem with that.[/quoted22687eac8]
I very specifically said that I did not either. But they actively lied and tried to deceive people and then tried to cover it all up when they got caught. Its not as if they were trying to stop new participation, they were trying to screw people who have been in this just as long or longer than they were.

As far as FGR goes, his conversation with compfreak implicates himself as much as it does compfreak, IMO.[/quoted22687eac8]

I can appreciate that your opinion differs, and that's fine. But, you need to realize that at least 5 of us reviewed all the facts and independently came to the same decision on how to handle it.

johnjimjones

31-07-2006 11:22:47

[quoteef250a6fd0="freedesktoppc"][quoteef250a6fd0="dmorris68"][quoteef250a6fd0="freedesktoppc"]I don't know whats on A4f, but there was thing whole big thing before you became active here. From what is public information, a lot of the holier-than-thou DIYers decided to create their own private DIY forum (i forget the name). There is no problem with that in theory, as they can do whatever they want, and they have no obligation to share their info with the public. However, it has always been speculated, and now confirmed in that thread that they purposely gave out bad information and lied to people on here and other forums to try and prevent others from finishing, and basically so they could get away with their fraudings, etc. without these companies catching on. Now that this is admitted, I think anyone involved in that should be banned, much less a mod.[/quoteef250a6fd0]

So those who acquire the information are sometimes very protective of it for that reason -- either a the "clique" benefits and keep it secret, or spread it and very few benefit. Can't say that I have a problem with that.[/quoteef250a6fd0]

As far as FGR goes, his conversation with compfreak implicates himself as much as it does compfreak, IMO.[/quoteef250a6fd0]

I agree. Lucabella said [quoteef250a6fd0="LucaBella"]In case anyone is stupid enough to think this is true, the scam.com post was a joke. We were trying to upset people and if this is what you use as proof, you're touched in the head.

In case you didn't notice, although we claimed to be DQed, both Gigante and I got our plasmas. two in fact. Some damn DQ.
[/quoteef250a6fd0]

Whether or not that had anything to do with that A4F secret DIY, not a big deal, point being they got what they wanted.

ragefu

31-07-2006 11:26:00

[quotee032394c0d="freedesktoppc"][quotee032394c0d="dmorris68"][quotee032394c0d="freedesktoppc"]I don't know whats on A4f, but there was thing whole big thing before you became active here. From what is public information, a lot of the holier-than-thou DIYers decided to create their own private DIY forum (i forget the name). There is no problem with that in theory, as they can do whatever they want, and they have no obligation to share their info with the public. However, it has always been speculated, and now confirmed in that thread that they purposely gave out bad information and lied to people on here and other forums to try and prevent others from finishing, and basically so they could get away with their fraudings, etc. without these companies catching on. Now that this is admitted, I think anyone involved in that should be banned, much less a mod.[/quotee032394c0d]

So those who acquire the information are sometimes very protective of it for that reason -- either a the "clique" benefits and keep it secret, or spread it and very few benefit. Can't say that I have a problem with that.[/quotee032394c0d]

[/quotee032394c0d]

I see what you're saying, but if it weren't for those people we probably wouldn't have known about the sites or how to complete them in the first place (Gigante was especially helpful). I don't blame them for not telling us how to fraud the offers because (if that actually happened) because if they made that public DIY sites wouldn't have lasted as long as they did.

And enough info was made available for diy noobs like me to do a few sites and make some cash. I know I could've done more if I hadn't done so many offers already. So really, we should be thankful. I always thought those sites were scams before, and I know most people did too

justinag06

31-07-2006 11:27:52

there is a private DIY forum

gcaddict.com

started by some members of scam, and included junior, lucabella, and gigante as members I know at one time.

Thats what all the posts on scam.com about they aren't sending us gifts and took away all my credits were about. Back in march they tried scaring everyone into thinking the DIY scene was dead while they discussed it secretly on their forum.

That is all I know of it

freedesktoppc

31-07-2006 11:31:04

[quote951ca10bb7="justinag06"]there is a private DIY forum

gcaddict.com

started by some members of scam, and included junior, lucabella, and gigante as members I know at one time.

Thats what all the posts on scam.com about they aren't sending us gifts and took away all my credits were about. Back in march they tried scaring everyone into thinking the DIY scene was dead while they discussed it secretly on their forum.

That is all I know of it[/quote951ca10bb7]

that is the one i'm talking about. That is prob. what junior is always referring to when he talks about his info. Its there right to have it, just as long as they don't try and fuck with people.

I hadn't heard about any secret forum at A4f, anyone have a link about it?

johnjimjones

31-07-2006 11:31:45

[quoted5b4c78b76="ragefu"]
I see what you're saying, but if it weren't for those people we probably wouldn't have known about the sites or how to complete them in the first place (Gigante was especially helpful). I don't blame them for not telling us how to fraud the offers because (if that actually happened) because if they made that public DIY sites wouldn't have lasted as long as they did.

And enough info was made available for diy noobs like me to do a few sites and make some cash. I know I could've done more if I hadn't done so many offers already. So really, we should be thankful. I always thought those sites were scams before, and I know most people did too[/quoted5b4c78b76]

Good point. I think a lot of us forget that.

dmorris68

31-07-2006 11:51:56

[quoteef6fda73ea="justinag06"]there is a private DIY forum

gcaddict.com

That is all I know of it[/quoteef6fda73ea]
I'm aware of that one now. My denial was based on my (incorrect) assumption that he was referring to a secret DIY forum [ief6fda73ea]here[/ief6fda73ea] at FiPG.

freedesktoppc

31-07-2006 12:22:25

Also, while I'm not the biggest fan of compfreak, labeling him as an accuser, when there is good reason and questionable proof that he is right just discourages others from coming forward with any info they have against a powerful member here. The mods decided what they decided, and I think most people respect that decision for now, but to punish the person who anonymously submitted it is just immature and counterproductive IMO.

theysayjump

31-07-2006 12:24:59

[quote9c4c70ad67="freedesktoppc"]Also, while I'm not the biggest fan of compfreak, labeling him as an accuser, when there is good reason and questionable proof that he is right just discourages others from coming forward with any info they have against a powerful member here. The mods decided what they decided, and I think most people respect that decision for now, but to punish the person who anonymously submitted it is just immature and counterproductive IMO.[/quote9c4c70ad67]

He wasn't "punished" for accusing Gigante.

Gigante

31-07-2006 12:29:42

There is no reason why we cannot have a private forum. All false information was posted on Scam.com, not FIPG. If you notice when people asked me on here about being DQ'd by yfdirect I kept my mouth shut because I have an allegiance to the people on this board and wouldn't spread false info here. The people on Scam were obviously frauding and not afraid to say so. Our plan was to keep these obvious frauders from continuing to fraud, saving the DIY scene. It is comical to see people who think they know what is going on try to accuse people of doing the opposite.

freedesktoppc

31-07-2006 12:32:12

[quote1e2258c2cf="theysayjump"][quote1e2258c2cf="freedesktoppc"]Also, while I'm not the biggest fan of compfreak, labeling him as an accuser, when there is good reason and questionable proof that he is right just discourages others from coming forward with any info they have against a powerful member here. The mods decided what they decided, and I think most people respect that decision for now, but to punish the person who anonymously submitted it is just immature and counterproductive IMO.[/quote1e2258c2cf]

He wasn't "punished" for accusing Gigante.[/quote1e2258c2cf]
"cowardly accuser"

Admin

31-07-2006 12:36:04

so what? any mod of this board has every right to give anyone any god damned title they please. if you don't like it, i'll be happy to give you a free vacation from this site.

TryinToGetPaid

31-07-2006 12:40:53

Anyways, how is a title punishing him?

False accusations in my book would be a ban. But I don't run this ship so I just sit here and go along for the ride.

kdollar

31-07-2006 12:41:08

[quotef60f2e9c44="Admin"]so what? any mod of this board has every right to give anyone any god damned title they please. if you don't like it, i'll be happy to give you a free vacation from this site.[/quotef60f2e9c44]

yea or u can pay admin to have it changed right? whats the going rate now admin, about 2 grand? wink

this funds dmorris and jump's salaries. and those new monitors for fipg employees.

freedesktoppc

31-07-2006 12:41:23

Sorry to offend you, ultimately nobody should really care what anyone else is doing as long as it doesn't affect them. Just some comment here bothered me, and for some stupid reason I am wasting my time pointing them out.

johnjimjones

31-07-2006 12:42:13

[quoteb5ec18b359="TryinToGetPaid"]Anyways, how is a title punishing him?
[bb5ec18b359]
False accusations in my book would be a ban.[/bb5ec18b359] But I don't run this ship so I just sit here and go along for the ride.[/quoteb5ec18b359]

Kinda harsh there. ?

TryinToGetPaid

31-07-2006 12:46:25

Are not false accusations in real life punishable by prison?

Going around saying someone did something that you have little or no evidence of, and then later on they can prove they did NOT do, is wrong and should be punished. A lower TR, and a custom title is just a slap on the wrist. But then again, I believe everyone should only be given one chance....

CollidgeGraduit

31-07-2006 12:47:03

[quoted7c8cf6ecc="kdollar"][quoted7c8cf6ecc="Admin"]so what? any mod of this board has every right to give anyone any god damned title they please. if you don't like it, i'll be happy to give you a free vacation from this site.[/quoted7c8cf6ecc]

yea or u can pay admin to have it changed right? whats the going rate now admin, about 2 grand? wink

this funds dmorris and jump's salaries. and those new monitors for fipg employees.[/quoted7c8cf6ecc]

ya srsly, where's my monitor? good thing we do this because we love admin <3

doylnea

31-07-2006 12:49:40

[quote7f542c1540="TryinToGetPaid"]Are not false accusations in real life punishable by prison?[/quote7f542c1540]

not likely.

tylerc

31-07-2006 12:50:57

srsly. Maybe in Soviet Russia, where accusations punish you!

JUNIOR6886

31-07-2006 12:54:29

horse

ajasax

31-07-2006 14:19:46

[quote665af6b07a="TryinToGetPaid"]Are not false accusations in real life punishable by prison?

Going around saying someone did something that you have little or no evidence of, and then later on they can prove they did NOT do, is wrong and should be punished. A lower TR, and a custom title is just a slap on the wrist. But then again, I believe everyone should only be given one chance....[/quote665af6b07a]
Not a law, but a commandment wink "Do not bear false witness against your neighbor"

TryinToGetPaid

31-07-2006 14:30:00

Which would make it even more horrible, a earth-life in prison vs. eternal damnation to hell. Now the ban doesn't seem so bad now does it?

CoMpFrEaK

31-07-2006 15:26:30

I am teh uber l33t scamm0r

roll

Anyways, gigante and i have already talked, were netural.

Now FGR_Admin...hes a different story. never keeps to his word.

tjwor

31-07-2006 15:28:34

Why did Aguy get banned again? I didn't know he was banned till i looked through the memberlist...

zdub08

31-07-2006 15:35:49

[quote39ece446cd="doylnea"][quote39ece446cd="TryinToGetPaid"]Are not false accusations in real life punishable by prison?[/quote39ece446cd]

not likely.[/quote39ece446cd]
slander/libel?

dmorris68

31-07-2006 16:28:49

[quote3b90bbf4db="zdub08"][quote3b90bbf4db="doylnea"][quote3b90bbf4db="TryinToGetPaid"]Are not false accusations in real life punishable by prison?[/quote3b90bbf4db]

not likely.[/quote3b90bbf4db]
slander/libel?[/quote3b90bbf4db]
...is not a crime. Slander/libel is a civil offense, so no prison is possible.

LucaBella

31-07-2006 16:44:40

You guys need to remember that during this time, people were calling and complaining about the type of plasma that was available, and being ridiculous, and then a couple weeks later, they removed the plasmas from most of the cheap and easy YF sites. Coincidence? hell no.

When Gigante posted that he'd been DQed, the point was NOT to lie to people to keep it all for ourselves, BUT to point out the people that doing the same offers multiple times was wrong. the idea was to say "hey, we did it, we got punished, SO DONT TO IT EITHER."

And it must be noted, i latched on to Gigante's idea without speaking to him, so you can only take my words for what I did, he and I were not in conference about it. I was trying to help save the offers. not scare someone away. or I would have said something else like "turns out no one is getting the plasma. they'll just take the money and run"

Why all these forums have been joined together, and why people are studying my posts and then posting here about it, I don't know.

but i was trying to help the flailing DIY scene because it was really touch and go for a while.

Still is.

What Compfreak has done is grotesquely stupid and sad. Carry on...

UniPrize Media

31-07-2006 18:01:18

I don't really care if Gigante is a mod or not, but he didn't really do much for the DIY scene here. The way I see it, he basically copied what was at scam.com to here. What Gigante and a few other people did over scam.com was not cool/acceptable. It was maliciously done (and have been confirmed) and I think I was the first to catch up to it. I also did contact Wolfeman (or may be TSJ) about it and he didn't really believe me. Freedesktop, the mods here are going to side with him bec he has been here for a long time and that is understandable. I feel the same way you do, but you just have to let it go and look the other way. You can't really do much.

Veek

31-07-2006 18:03:43

I've been trying to keep up with the multiple threads on this subject, but I still manage to get a tad confused.

Cliff notes please, precious people.

Gigante

31-07-2006 18:05:00

I would do it veek, but I think that would be biased, lol.

kdollar

31-07-2006 18:11:14

what happen to FON and STROID, miss those fuckers.

Godrockdj

31-07-2006 18:16:42

[quote4da8eadec7="kdollar"]what happen to FON and STROID, miss those fuckers.[/quote4da8eadec7]

They're still around, just not as much.

h3x

31-07-2006 18:23:49

I like the flashing red iPods... Nice touch.

guelah75

31-07-2006 18:56:15

[quote9362329df0="ulenie"]I don't really care if Gigante is a mod or not, but he didn't really do much for the DIY scene here. [b9362329df0][i9362329df0][u9362329df0]The way I see it, he basically copied what was at scam.com to here[/u9362329df0][/i9362329df0][/b9362329df0]. What Gigante and a few other people did over scam.com was not cool/acceptable. It was maliciously done (and have been confirmed) and I think I was the first to catch up to it. I also did contact Wolfeman (or may be TSJ) about it and he didn't really believe me. Freedesktop, the mods here are going to side with him bec he has been here for a long time and that is understandable. I feel the same way you do, but you just have to let it go and look the other way. You can't really do much.[/quote9362329df0]

well I believe you are completly wrong, but whatever Gigante helped me out maybe not by directly chating or PM'ing with him but more by reading his and other's posts....saved my ass on several DIY sites

so for whatever it's worth Gigante.....thank you and glad to see that FIG did the RIGHT thing and restored your MOD status

Gigante

31-07-2006 22:10:57

Thanks guelah. I don't remember copying Scam, but I must be mistaken.

gquiba

04-08-2006 19:49:25

so what's the deal with compfreak? i'm in the middle of a trade right now. is he a scammer or what?

JUNIOR6886

04-08-2006 19:53:17

he didnt scam anyone. Hes a coward who tried to spread lies about a mod...

tylerc

04-08-2006 19:53:34

I don't think so, just a "cowardly accuser" as his title says.

CoMpFrEaK

04-08-2006 20:28:17

[quoteae68dd491b="gquiba"]so what's the deal with compfreak? i'm in the middle of a trade right now. is he a scammer or what?[/quoteae68dd491b]

When are you sending the refund? I want the $87 back...

YourGiftsFree

04-08-2006 20:42:19

[quote3ad668a874="CoMpFrEaK"][quote3ad668a874="gquiba"]so what's the deal with compfreak? i'm in the middle of a trade right now. is he a scammer or what?[/quote3ad668a874]

When are you sending the refund? I want the $87 back...[/quote3ad668a874]

I thought he was banned?

johnjimjones

04-08-2006 21:15:56

[quote49f725eb79="YourGiftsFree"][quote49f725eb79="CoMpFrEaK"][quote49f725eb79="gquiba"]so what's the deal with compfreak? i'm in the middle of a trade right now. is he a scammer or what?[/quote49f725eb79]

When are you sending the refund? I want the $87 back...[/quote49f725eb79]

I thought he was banned?[/quote49f725eb79]

nope just a lotta red.

gquiba

05-08-2006 16:45:46

[quote03f47b5dbd="CoMpFrEaK"][quote03f47b5dbd="gquiba"]so what's the deal with compfreak? i'm in the middle of a trade right now. is he a scammer or what?[/quote03f47b5dbd]

When are you sending the refund? I want the $87 back...[/quote03f47b5dbd]

after you pass approval and i recieve my gift. with all the stuff going on you can't really blame me for being cautious.

J4320

05-08-2006 17:07:17

[quotec992eff562="gquiba"][quotec992eff562="CoMpFrEaK"][quotec992eff562="gquiba"]so what's the deal with compfreak? i'm in the middle of a trade right now. is he a scammer or what?[/quotec992eff562]

When are you sending the refund? I want the $87 back...[/quotec992eff562]

after you pass approval and i recieve my gift. with all the stuff going on you can't really blame me for being cautious.[/quotec992eff562]

I personally think you should just send him the money. He sent you the money by accident so you should send it back. He hasn't scammed any members as far as I know. He hasn't even gone red on anything lately either.

I think it would be the right thing to do if you sent him his money back. That's what I would do. I mean look at the facts ---

1. I'm sure the value of his referral is around $20-$25, why keep $87?
2. You really don't have the right to do that in the first place.

It just doesn't seem too fair to me. It would suck to send that much and have to wait so long to get it back.

Admin

05-08-2006 19:08:26

[quote21e9c578fe="J4320"][quote21e9c578fe="gquiba"][quote21e9c578fe="CoMpFrEaK"][quote21e9c578fe="gquiba"]so what's the deal with compfreak? i'm in the middle of a trade right now. is he a scammer or what?[/quote21e9c578fe]

When are you sending the refund? I want the $87 back...[/quote21e9c578fe]

after you pass approval and i recieve my gift. with all the stuff going on you can't really blame me for being cautious.[/quote21e9c578fe]

I personally think you should just send him the money. He sent you the money by accident so you should send it back. He hasn't scammed any members as far as I know. He hasn't even gone red on anything lately either.

I think it would be the right thing to do if you sent him his money back. That's what I would do. I mean look at the facts ---

1. I'm sure the value of his referral is around $20-$25, why keep $87?
2. You really don't have the right to do that in the first place.

It just doesn't seem too fair to me. It would suck to send that much and have to wait so long to get it back.[/quote21e9c578fe]

Maybe someone who encourages referrals to commit offer fraud shouldn't come to the rescue of a known scammer/frauder?

stackmjwiz

05-08-2006 19:42:08

Hey compfreak, when do you think you can green for me on Games.123StuffForFree?

It's been at least 3 1/2 - 4 months.

Wolfeman

05-08-2006 19:48:41

[quoteeba709704a="stackmjwiz"]Hey compfreak, when do you think you can green for me on Games.123StuffForFree?

It's been at least 3 1/2 - 4 months.[/quoteeba709704a]
He is banned...

VrExe

06-08-2006 08:14:09

[quotec3c8846e49="gquiba"][quotec3c8846e49="CoMpFrEaK"][quotec3c8846e49="gquiba"]so what's the deal with compfreak? i'm in the middle of a trade right now. is he a scammer or what?[/quotec3c8846e49]

When are you sending the refund? I want the $87 back...[/quotec3c8846e49]

after you pass approval and i recieve my gift. with all the stuff going on you can't really blame me for being cautious.[/quotec3c8846e49]

Maybe send the money to Admin and use it as FIPG scammed reimbursement fund? P

Averagejoe1039

06-08-2006 08:37:45

CompFreak sucks. End of story.

chillywilly

07-08-2006 11:17:36

[quote7f377103fd="Wolfeman"][quote7f377103fd="stackmjwiz"]Hey compfreak, when do you think you can green for me on Games.123StuffForFree?

It's been at least 3 1/2 - 4 months.[/quote7f377103fd]
He is banned...[/quote7f377103fd]
He is? I still see his posts out here.

Compfreak and I had some trades and there were some issues of not completing them, but we worked it all out and we are good, as far as I am concerned.