Changing auto-players on the computer...

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=43725

DrkWarlock

29-07-2006 11:05:55

Ok, well I had downloaded the trial version of Nero 7 but now all my music opens up with Nero's music player. I would like to have it go back to opening with iTunes. Does anyone know how to change this?

I tried reinstalling the program and removing the apllications of which Nero would auto open but it didnt work.

Thanks
-Drk

bballp6699

29-07-2006 11:08:54

Go to folder options and then file types and change the program that file is associated to.

theysayjump

29-07-2006 11:17:06

I just installed Nero 7 yesterday and when you get to the point where it asks you "Typical Installation" or "Custom Installation", you want to choose the custom. That way, you'll get to the point where it asks you which files you want to associate with Nero.

I uncheck them all.

DrkWarlock

29-07-2006 16:44:26

[quote4df4b8bc34="theysayjump"]I just installed Nero 7 yesterday and when you get to the point where it asks you "Typical Installation" or "Custom Installation", you want to choose the custom. That way, you'll get to the point where it asks you which files you want to associate with Nero.

I uncheck them all.[/quote4df4b8bc34]

Yea, I know what your talking about. Funny thing is, I was looking for that and when I saw it I had only the photo ones unchecked as I did not notice the other tabs. So once I found out what happened, I uninstalled Nero and reinstalled making sure everything was unchecked this time but it didnt change it. All my music is now assoaciated with Nero.

theysayjump

29-07-2006 18:03:20

[quote203ed35ba0="DrkWarlock"][quote203ed35ba0="theysayjump"]I just installed Nero 7 yesterday and when you get to the point where it asks you "Typical Installation" or "Custom Installation", you want to choose the custom. That way, you'll get to the point where it asks you which files you want to associate with Nero.

I uncheck them all.[/quote203ed35ba0]

Yea, I know what your talking about. Funny thing is, I was looking for that and when I saw it I had only the photo ones unchecked as I did not notice the other tabs. So once I found out what happened, I uninstalled Nero and reinstalled making sure everything was unchecked this time but it didnt change it. All my music is now assoaciated with Nero.[/quote203ed35ba0]

I assume you don't want it do be associated with Nero?

Depending on your desired association with your media player of choice (Winamp, iTunes etc), you should be able to go into their preferences and set that as your default player for such files.