My Story

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=43508

ClassAct

25-07-2006 12:27:15

Well, Incase any of the regulars have noticed ive been on the forums alot more lately, the reason being I unfortantly lost my job, well not unfortantly, i chose to leave, I was already working 20 minz from my home for junk pay, then they demanded me go 45 minz away from home for same pay doing a job I hated, So well yea I left, I then got a job as a mason for some guy about 25 minz away, worked once didnt mind it cause I like labor work, told me hed call me next week, its been 2 weeks since then and nothin so got fucked there, i have not been able to find anything now due to the fact I go back to school in a few weeks and no one wants anyone for a couple weeks. And the thing with that school is I dont even know if I wanna go back cause now Im gettin fucked there, I have changed school legit every year, 1st school I hated so left, 2nd school loved but I was out havin a good time 5-7 times a week and grades clearly slipted. Now the new school if refusin my credits, There all b's as grades and yet they wont take them for some reason, they want me to retake every course (marketing major) Like i just broke down, went to my bank to take out money for gas, Not a dollar in there and got 2 bills being charged friday so gonna get fucked there, hate asking the folks for money cause ive asked one too many times. So now im thinkin fuck the school and go to a vocational school, I dont know be a electrician, hvac something like that, I beleive you go to school for a year, take a test and get your license and with some sort of vocational degree I think id be able to find a job easier then the marketing field. Sorry for the rant just needed to get something off my chest. If anyone owns a site and needs support or sometin im on all day now so let me know D

Gooogler

25-07-2006 14:13:23

Good story ;) you should speak with Scholastic, I smell a hot new childrens series.

kdollar

25-07-2006 14:15:40

man i feel your pain, good luck with something, sorry i cant help i have no job, or money, but i can pray for ya.

CollidgeGraduit

25-07-2006 14:33:57

I hear ya, man. To get a job, you need experience. To get experience, you need the job. It's a vicious cycle that only luck, networking, and sucking up seems to fix.

ClassAct

25-07-2006 14:35:20

lol i dont want money or anyything if it seemed that way in my post, i was just basically ranting, basically cause the school's just so retarded on the phone today telling me they wont accept any of the credits, pissed me offfff

jy3

25-07-2006 14:53:18

I feel for you for sure. just remember that things in life worth having are hard to get. I recommend that if you could to take some time off from school, maybe go away and work. I have a friend who graduated college with an engineering degree and decided he wanted to go to asia to teach english. it has been 6 years and he loves it. no education degree. I have another friend who took a year off working for cruiselines. he enjoyed it although you work long hours. maybe you need some perspective. ever think about one of the international organizations where you go overseas and help out some how? 4H, green peace, etc.
maybe u need to go back to the place you hated but did well at and live off campus?
i dont know but good luck!
if you want a good field that pays well, has good hours and isn't hard to master (no offense to anyone) go to x-ray tech school.

theysayjump

25-07-2006 14:54:12

[quotec951d67b49="CollidgeGraduit"]I hear ya, man. To get a job, you need experience. To get experience, you need the job. It's a vicious cycle that only luck, networking, and sucking up seems to fix.[/quotec951d67b49]

My mother-in-law is on Disability, and she tried to apply for Medical Assistance or MedicAid or something so she could see a Doctor. She was told that she made too much to be eligable for it, but yet the money she was getting, wasn't enough to pay for it herself. roll

Also, homeless people are pretty much fucked in alot of places. I've heard of lots of places to get a job, you need a fixed address (not a shelter or a hostel etc) but to get a fixed address you need a job. Or something retarded like that.