Windows media player is playing videos in black and white!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=42810

cwncool

12-07-2006 07:28:58

OH NOES!!! My windows media player just started playing videos in black and white only...If I go into something like Movie Make though, it's embedded player plays them fine... Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? Thanx!

KnightTrader

12-07-2006 10:30:46

Most probably a setting you borqued in your Nvidia page in the graphics card setting under display properties in control pannel. You changed the setting for video playback. I saw this exact same problem on gamefaqs pc message boards a day ago XD And that was it. Either that or you're trying to play an divx/xvid codec without having it... >.> whereas it looks black and white / funky colors.

hilaryfanatic09

12-07-2006 10:36:25

Actually, Windows Media Player has video settings where you can change the hue/saturation of a video. Its just like on photoshop, there are two dials and you can change the color, and then add more color, or completely drain it. Im guessing thats what happened.

Kind of hard to explain but try clicking the little arrow thing, which brings up a menu, and then go to Enhancements and click on Video Settings. It brings up a little toolbar, click reset and hopefully that would fix it? If its only black and white for Windows Media that should fix it.

cwncool

12-07-2006 10:55:20

i haven't touched anything in the control panel lately and the toolbar thing in WMP was fine. i pressed reset anyways and it didn't do anything. It doesn't play any videos back correctly. I've tried WMV's and AVI's so far and neither played in color. (

KnightTrader

12-07-2006 10:56:33

Only one explanation then.... You were thron back in time before color videos were invented >.<. Well no, But check the hue / sautratation in your graphic card properties. It could have been changed without you knowing. And if worse comes to worse, system restore 4tw.

cwncool

12-07-2006 11:12:21

[quote00dad26edf="KnightTrader"]Only one explanation then.... You were thron back in time before color videos were invented >.<. Well no, But check the hue / sautratation in your graphic card properties. It could have been changed without you knowing. And if worse comes to worse, system restore 4tw.[/quote00dad26edf]
thanx! i found the hue/saturation settings...I just didn't know where to loook before! the saturation was at 0%...hmm. +karma!