Matter Solved! dmorris: Satisified!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=42683

Killer722

09-07-2006 20:37:22

I use my Paypal Debit Card to do a lot offers, but sometimes I fear them overcharging me. I was wondering, is there a way to completely eliminate backup funding while still keeping my account Premier and Verified?

Thank you.

Jams44

09-07-2006 20:40:07

usually when u use ure paypal debit card it wont charge your bank account only ure current paypal balance. if you don;t have enough i believe it will not go through. although i had a wierd thing happen to me , I had a -$6.53 in red numebrs in my account, I immediately deposited money but that's never happened to me except for that time.

Killer722

09-07-2006 20:43:53

Well the backup funding takes care of that by charging the bank account the difference. I just want to completey eliminate, but thanks for the response.

dmorris68

09-07-2006 21:04:10

Backup funding is optional, and if you don't enable it, then you won't have any -- it will decline authorizations in excess of your PayPal balance, as usual. If you've already setup your backup funding, I have no idea if you can remove it, but I would think so. Just try going to the backup funding settings and clearing them out.

I have not setup backup funding on my debit card for just that reason -- while it would be a convenient way to spend your PayPal balance while not worrying about having just enough in there to cover the purchase, it's also a convenient way for potentially fraudulent charges to drain your bank account. Of course I never use PP debit for offers anyway, preferring to use my CC where I have some protection should things go ary.

I'd be interested in knowing if it lets you remove backup funding once applied. If so, I'll be tempted to temporarily enable it when I have money in PayPal again.

Killer722

09-07-2006 22:23:22

Wow, I just did it and it was so damn simple, and now I come back to find this huge respose from dmorris, haha. First off, thanks for the response. Moreover, it's so easy! Just click on Profile > Paypal Debit Card > Edit Backup > No Backup Funding > Submit. Haha, there's your answer, me.

dmorris68

10-07-2006 11:57:21

Cool, I figured they'd let you disable it.