speech about freebies

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=42652

Supacold

08-07-2006 23:33:41

Yup thats correct.. my instructor gave us a speech assiment on informative speech and i selected Freebies as its what i have been doing for quite some time.

anywhoooo...
what do you guys think some of the 3 main points i should cover?

so far i have..
1Advertising method different from regular tv and radio

2The structure of the advertising system to give away freebie

3difference between referral, DYI, and cash4offer sites

thats all i could think of so far lol
If you guys have better ideas for the main points please feel free to reply

thanks

bettysbeast

08-07-2006 23:41:09

You gotta add in how the freebie sites get you with the "catch". The OOD, referrals, or long waiting times. Just let 'em know the downside so you'll be like fox news. You know, fair and balanced. Then be sure to pass out your referral link at the end of the speech!

johnjimjones

08-07-2006 23:43:09

I wouldn't go into the types of freebies. That'll get way too complicated for a crowd that already thinks its all a scam. Definitely go into the "catch".

Supacold

09-07-2006 00:01:52

[quote7f33ea0d67="bettysbeast"]You gotta add in how the freebie sites get you with the "catch". The OOD, referrals, or long waiting times. Just let 'em know the downside so you'll be like fox news. You know, fair and balanced. Then be sure to pass out your referral link at the end of the speech![/quote7f33ea0d67]

[quote7f33ea0d67="johnjimjones"]I wouldn't go into the types of freebies. That'll get way too complicated for a crowd that already thinks its all a scam. Definitely go into the "catch".[/quote7f33ea0d67]

i see your point...thanks for the criticism i'll make note on that.
+karama

CoMpFrEaK

09-07-2006 00:08:48

I would say stay with the basic offers for cash and referral style. Have a payout ratio such as a referral equates to $40-$50 while a normal offer pays around $20-$35. Explain why companies make referrals more valuable (potential for not finishing).

Similar to your point #1, you can talk about how times have changed, as internet advertisements are now the way to go. Its no longer the "phone in to get this deal" stuff. Basically societal changes.

You can also talk about how freebie sites demonstrate a 3 way symbiotic relationship.

Darkside

09-07-2006 07:08:21

Talk about how its not a pyramid scheme, deal closer for a lot of people.

jy3

09-07-2006 07:29:11

also mention the organization needed to finish these sites, the recruitment process for getting greens, and the community created thru trading (societal impact)

johnjimjones

09-07-2006 08:11:59

Oh and hand out your referral link at the end of the speech.

Gigante

09-07-2006 08:28:47

Talk about breakage.

Daggoth

09-07-2006 10:02:12

Here I will give your first line of your speech.

Some stupid scammers never go green, others stay yellow, and worst of all, some go red, which means they are on hold.

tjwor

09-07-2006 12:16:01

I gave a 13 Min speach on DIY sites... It was a few months ago, I wrote it in less time than it took me to give the speach... I just got a buch of screen shots, explained the main sites and how to tell what they are, then the offers, how everything works, timeline...

I got like a 95 on it shrug I think it'd be harder to do the referal sites too... they are a lot more confusing

FreeOffersNow

09-07-2006 12:20:37

As opposed to using the word "regular," be sure to use something like "traditional."

i.e. ....than more traditional advertising mediums such as television and radio.

Gigante

09-07-2006 12:28:07

"Well, see, the freebie world is run by what we call the Freebie God. He creates 16 year olds that think they can own an online business. Then these kids open up what we call Freebie sites. These sites stay open for a couple of weeks and then close, blaming advertisers. It is a never-ending cycle. And that, my friends, is the Freebie Game!"

Godrockdj

09-07-2006 12:55:13

I totally agree with the others that you should milk this situation for its possibilities. At the end of your speech hand out an "information sheet" with the basic points of your speech rehashed, etc. Include a website where they can go for more information... this website should be created by you and basically just contain info and all of your links! You've seen people who made them. I think it would be easier and better looking that way than just putting your ref link there.