ebay scammer?

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=42613

Craig

08-07-2006 11:58:05

i got this question about my psp this morning,i'm pretty sure it's a scam.should I do it?
Dear Seller,
I'm UK citizen and i will like to buy this item for my grandson who is studying in Africa and i would have love to bid on this item like others but my job won't permit me cos i'm a busy man due to the nature of my job and i will like to make an immediate offer of $580 for the item so if you are still intrested in selling this item to me get back to me with your full names,address and your personal e-mail address then i'll send out the money immediately through my paypal account or via US Postal Money Order.
Your urgent responce will be highly appreciated.
Regards
i don't see why this person just can't buy a brand new psp and send it to him oediti'm not going to do it,this guy isn't even a registered user on ebay lol

KeithA

08-07-2006 12:02:12

Yes, it's a scam.

theysayjump

08-07-2006 12:16:52

As soon as you see this part

[quotea92c4cecde]i will like to buy this item for my grandson who is studying in Africa[/quotea92c4cecde]

You know it's a scam.

KeithA

08-07-2006 12:21:31

[quote8a45db94ff="theysayjump"]As soon as you see this part

[quote8a45db94ff]i will like to buy this item for my grandson who is studying in Africa[/quote8a45db94ff]

You know it's a scam.[/quote8a45db94ff]

I think I realized it was a scam even sooner, when I saw this

[quote8a45db94ff]ebay scammer?[/quote8a45db94ff]

I feel like there has been a post every week for the last month asking whether this (or something like it) is a scam.

tylerc

08-07-2006 12:25:22

I got that when I sold mine on eBay too.

Jeorgius

08-07-2006 12:50:44

Yea, sounds like one of those Nigerian ones.

AstonisheD

08-07-2006 17:01:58

Ha,

I tried selling my xbox on eBay once, this woman (if it's even a woman) offered $190 for my xbox + 9 games + 2 controllers + DVD kit... she said she was going to pay through western union (which is like a bank company, so wtc). So she said that I had to ship it and give western union the shipping number and they would send the money order when it was delivered.. Turned out the email that they sent me was from the same woman (Serena Rena so watch out if you ever hear from her) and Western Union is a bank, and they don't these "trades" like money for item.

Never sent my xbox of course )

megotcash

08-07-2006 17:18:34

^good call. this all reminds me of the good ole powerbook scammer who got scammed.

http//www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

TryinToGetPaid

08-07-2006 17:44:44

I never read that, and that is funny as fuck. Though illegal I am sure

Craig

08-07-2006 20:27:45

Ha,

I tried selling my xbox on eBay once, this woman (if it's even a woman) offered $190 for my xbox + 9 games + 2 controllers + DVD kit... she said she was going to pay through western union (which is like a bank company, so wtc). So she said that I had to ship it and give western union the shipping number and they would send the money order when it was delivered.. Turned out the email that they sent me was from the same woman (Serena Rena so watch out if you ever hear from her) and Western Union is a bank, and they don't these "trades" like money for item.

Never sent my xbox of course )[/quote
hahaha,i just got a email from rena serena!
thanks for the input

AstonisheD

08-07-2006 20:36:47

Haha. I'm gonna send an email to ebay and then report her to http//www.ifccfbi.gov/ - Internet Fraud Complaint Center
Weird how their site isn't working, let's hope it goes back up soon.

Hopefully you'll do the same and she can be taken down )