Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=42192

irannaked

30-06-2006 10:52:44

So...it come's down to this... DRUGS!!

#1 What do you do and how is it?

#2 Do you wish to quit?

#3 Any regrets?

#4 What have you done?

don't know how long this topic is ganan stay on...just for fun!

Veek

30-06-2006 10:54:27

I don't do drugs. Thanks.

irannaked

30-06-2006 10:56:11

Do you take medication? For anything?

Veek

30-06-2006 10:56:30

No, healthy as can be, I'd like to keep it that way.

Averagejoe1039

30-06-2006 11:14:02

[quote2284cb20fe="Averagejoe1039"]I don't do drugs. Thanks.[/quote2284cb20fe]

Powerbook

30-06-2006 11:16:43

[quote3622ceb09a="Averagejoe1039"][quote3622ceb09a="Averagejoe1039"]I don't do drugs. Thanks.[/quote3622ceb09a][/quote3622ceb09a]

ya no drugs here. D

Gigante

30-06-2006 11:24:10

None. kthx

TryinToGetPaid

30-06-2006 11:33:58

Hmm well I guess I will be the 1st to report that I DO use drugs

HAVE Used Coke, Marijuana, X, Painkillers

Use Regularly Marijuana

If I wished to quit smoking it, I would have stopped a long time ago

Regrets? The X, putting holes in my brain wasnt worth it, but at the time it was

How is it? Pot is good, lets me chill out after a long stressful day. Coke and X are good, but I dont like paying that much for a drug, or staying up all night, I like sleep too much

bruman

30-06-2006 11:55:48

X doesn't put holes in your brain.
That was just a lie/extremely flawed study funded by the govt to scare you. Pure MDMA isn't very harmful AT ALL. The main risk in taking it is the risk of it being laced with something more harmful.

EDolive

30-06-2006 11:57:45

i cant believe that there is a thread devoted to drugs.... drugs are dumb and so is this thread... move on people!

zr2152

30-06-2006 11:57:51

pot is okay, just dont smoke it too much cause it can kills your brain cells..but i would reccomend to stay away from any drugs

tylerc

30-06-2006 12:09:25

I have smoked pot a few times, I like it, but it's not something that would take over my life or I would do all the time.

Other than that, just booze and cigarettes when I drink.

Brok3n_Sword

30-06-2006 12:10:13

[quote96540cdd90="zr2152"]pot is okay, just dont smoke it too much cause it can kills your brain cells..but i would reccomend to stay away from any drugs[/quote96540cdd90]

Thanks, I'll be sure to do so from now on.

zr2152

30-06-2006 12:13:04

[quote77aa368ba1="Brok3n_Sword"][quote77aa368ba1="zr2152"]pot is okay, just dont smoke it too much cause it can kills your brain cells..but i would reccomend to stay away from any drugs[/quote77aa368ba1]

Thanks, I'll be sure to do so from now on.[/quote77aa368ba1]

lol yeah i smoked pot for like 5 months my senoir year in high school-still performed well on the basketball court and still got B's and A's in AP courses. It affected some of my friends but the friends that i usually smoked with (4 or 5 times a week) were all A students and on the basketball team. It can become a habit thought, it did to me and i would probably still be doing it if i hadnt got caught. But yeah just dont let it be a habit

irannaked

30-06-2006 12:14:23

pot's been a habit for me since i was 16

bballp6699

30-06-2006 12:28:01

I don't do drugs anymore either and did them VERY rarely when I did, but is it just me or is this thread reeking of

http//peterthink.blogspot.com/mrrogers.jpg[" alt=""/imgd61dd8657c]

...and I don't mean his shoes.

h3x

30-06-2006 12:48:57

come on people!! there's a thread for this already! (it's not really for other drugs, but you could have posted that there)

HINT Look at my sig

nobody2000

30-06-2006 23:29:14

[quote20f9555194="bruman"]X doesn't put holes in your brain.
That was just a lie/extremely flawed study funded by the govt to scare you. Pure MDMA isn't very harmful AT ALL. The main risk in taking it is the risk of it being laced with something more harmful.[/quote20f9555194]

And people who take X all the time are fucked up in the head and are clinically depressed because of.......?

I don't doubt the fact that no holes are bored into your brain, but a good rule of thumb is that if it fucks up your senses for a while, It's probably bad to take.

Weed is as hard as I get. That and heavy drinking and the occasional box of nitrous. I've accidentally tried coke, and once smoked some opium (might have been soapium ....it was only once...but it felt good) drugs are bad, they ruin lives, and not just because they're illegal...they ruin lives because it's fucked up to use them.

h3x

30-06-2006 23:33:06

[quotee0881321ef="nobody2000"][quotee0881321ef="bruman"]X doesn't put holes in your brain.
That was just a lie/extremely flawed study funded by the govt to scare you. Pure MDMA isn't very harmful AT ALL. The main risk in taking it is the risk of it being laced with something more harmful.[/quotee0881321ef]

And people who take X all the time are fucked up in the head and are clinically depressed because of.......?

I don't doubt the fact that no holes are bored into your brain, but a good rule of thumb is that if it fucks up your senses for a while, It's probably bad to take.

Weed is as hard as I get. That and heavy drinking and the occasional box of nitrous. I've accidentally tried coke, and once smoked some opium (might have been soapium ....it was only once...but it felt good) drugs are bad, they ruin lives, and not just because they're illegal...they ruin lives because it's fucked up to use them.[/quotee0881321ef]

Nitrous is just as bad as taking X.. You shouldn't be doing either.

... and how the hell can you ACCIDENTLY try Coke?

Killer722

01-07-2006 10:49:25

It's pretty obvious h3x. He was engaging in his regular breathing routine when all of a sudden, a crazy korean man ran by and smashed a handful of coke on his face, causing him to inhale it.

Think for a second, jesus.

kdollar

01-07-2006 11:36:10

i just drink drano.......and maybe eat some paint chips for snack.

manOFice

01-07-2006 12:12:55

[quoteefcc13b079="kdollar"]i just drink drano.......and maybe eat some paint chips for snack.[/quoteefcc13b079]

I like your style ;)

I havn't done drugs in years but i did smoke a lot of pot, did coke some times, opium, and ended up in the hospital for a od of a robo trip. Drugs suck.

I regret all drugs i used to do, i want my money back!! twisted

tjwor

01-07-2006 13:11:03

i take a tylenol every once in a while for a headache... i'm an addict shrug

Wolfeman

01-07-2006 13:14:09

Drugs are dumb. Booze is where its at...

h3x

01-07-2006 13:15:26

[quote86bf229b3d="manofice"][quote86bf229b3d="kdollar"]i just drink drano.......and maybe eat some paint chips for snack.[/quote86bf229b3d]

I like your style ;)

I havn't done drugs in years but i did smoke a lot of pot, did coke some times, opium, and ended up in the hospital for a od of a robo trip. Drugs suck.

I regret all drugs i used to do, i want my money back!! twisted[/quote86bf229b3d]

Well you really can't blame the pot for that.. recreational dxm use is dangerous, you shouldn't fool with shit like that.

geej86

01-07-2006 14:22:32

kmyturn

1)DXM - something stupid i did when i was younger (only once).
2)Marijuana - right now probably once or twice a week. I started when i was 17. good times.
3)alcohol - maybe 2 or three times a month i drink, cept for the occational beer after a long day at work. great times
4)shrooms - The one experience I had with mushrooms was fucking amazing. don't ever knock them till you've tried em
5)LSD - this shit was crazzy. I had a good time, I can see how people would really get into this drug, though I had fun just not for me
6)Ecstasy - (used twice) Like being drunk [i719ffa4ba0]with[/i719ffa4ba0] motor control! Never has washing your hands or walking down the street with a warm breeze been so f'n sweet.
7)heron - hell no

future I will never do coke or heroin even though i know alot of people who use coke. Its possible the future holds xanex or some shit but I'm very wary of that prescripsion med sorta stuff. I would do ecstasy more but I don't believe it would be beneficial to my body in any way to do more so i choose not to (permanately effects serotonin levels in the brain after repeated prolonged use?). All i can say to other people is don't say 'no' automatically. I had that mentality programed into me until near 10th grade but it's some bs. Just be safe and responsible.

Veek

01-07-2006 14:40:43

As much as people praise some of their experiences with drugs, I have yet to find any sort of curiosity for them to overshadow the thought of willingly putting holes in my brain.

If I really want to have a "wild" time, I'll just get a nice strong buzz, and ride the new version of Space Mountain in Disneyland. ;)

h3x

01-07-2006 14:41:01

I guess I'll go next

[beccd4285d8]Marijuana[/beccd4285d8]. I don't think I need to explain my stance on this "magic" plant.

[beccd4285d8]Alcohol[/beccd4285d8]. I drink from time-to-time. I don't go for hard liquor (with the exception of the occasional jack or some vodka and ginger ale). I mostly drink beer these days, if I'm drinking.

[beccd4285d8]Opium[/beccd4285d8]. I have only tried this on a few occasions. I enjoyed the calming effects and would like to try it again.

[beccd4285d8]Psilocybe/Panaeolus Mushrooms[/beccd4285d8]. I have tried this a couple of times. I liked the 'interesting' visualizations. I'll give it another shot.

[beccd4285d8]Cocaine[/beccd4285d8]. I used to use cocaine on an almost-regular basis. It was a big money-waster... I'm glad I quit.

Today, it's strictly [beccd4285d8]marijuana[/beccd4285d8] with the occasional 12pk.

theysayjump

01-07-2006 14:43:36

I'm a good boy.

I don't drink, smoke or take drugs, although I grew up around my entire family (mum, dad, younger brother, gran, uncles, aunts, cousins) taking them (everything but smack).

geej86

01-07-2006 16:19:07

oh man i totally forgot about nitrous and it's worth an additional post. I'll preface this by saying that in excess (like most things) it can be detrimental to your health. There have been many studies on the subject and repeated or unsafe use depletes the vitamin b12 (ithink?) inside your body. With that said it's pretty dam kickass, and downright crazy when you're high.

edit i'd also like to say that imo alcohol is just as bad if not worse than say pot for example

Jeorgius

01-07-2006 16:54:11

Drugs are bad

Veek

01-07-2006 17:07:13

Ya rly.

geej86

01-07-2006 17:15:26

i'm just curious, does anyone in this thread that doesn't do drugs smoke cigs?

JUNIOR6886

01-07-2006 18:41:41

I dont smoke anything or drink any form of alcohol.....
In the past, i considered people who smoked and/or drunk utter scum
and assumed they must have had a bad past or were just bad people in general. Recently though im trying to be not so judgemental....

I still advise drug users to seek thrills elsewhere. Extreme sports > drugs

ragefu

01-07-2006 19:43:50

[quote3c7ec13afd="JUNIOR6886"]I dont smoke anything or drink any form of alcohol.....
and assumed they must have had a bad past or were just bad people in general. Recently though im trying to be not so judgemental....

I still advise drug users to seek thrills elsewhere. Extreme sports > drugs[/quote3c7ec13afd]

Easy to give advice when you've never done anything roll, I can see looking down on druggies but if you think people that drink are "scum" you're a loser

X is by far the best drug I've done, also cheaper than most other stuff, if you haven't done it before it's worth it, its not gonna fuck you up to do it one time. I like weed but it really doesn't do it for me anymore. Coke is always good, and snorting heroin is awesome except you feel like shit afterwards. I tried speedballing once and I think it's overrated, I wouldn't do it again

The only thing I've never done that I want to try is LSD because it's hard to find around here. I'd also never shoot anything up, because I've seen someone do it and it's really sick.

h3x

01-07-2006 19:46:56

[quote038d1984b9="JUNIOR6886"]I dont smoke anything or drink any form of alcohol.....

I still advise drug users to seek thrills elsewhere. Extreme sports > drugs[/quote038d1984b9]

Responsible adult marijuana users are no different than say.. a wine conniseur (sp?). They enjoy a joint just as much as a wine lover enjoys a glass of wine. It's when it becomes a chronic problem, that they become irresponsible (which is just dependent on the person's personality).

The wrong personality with alcohol is an alcoholic, and I don't think I need to describe what an alcoholic's characteristics are..

The same can go for marijuana. However the consequences is not nearly as harmful as an alcoholics.. They just smoke pot constantly and don't do anything, but sit on their ass and watch TV all day. Where as an alcoholic will drink constantly and could pick a fight with a family relative and in extreme cases, kill someone and wake up in jail the next day, not knowing they have just commited murder.

Now which one sounds worst to you?

Wolfeman

01-07-2006 19:49:06

I think you're a loser for making it sound good to snort coke or heroin. I've seen what that shit does to people. No one starts off like, you know what I want to be strung out and live on the streets. Weed isn't even a drug so it really has no place in this thread. Most people don't shoot up at first either, they move to shooting up after snorting or smoking it doesn't get them high enough...

h3x

01-07-2006 19:58:30

A classic example of a drug addict.

Marijuana does not do this to people.. The term 'gateway drug' is a huge myth. Marijuana does not make you do harder shit, marijuana doesn't make you sell your ass for more pot. It's all about the person themselves and if they have an addictive personality or a chemical inbalance.

They could have started off on pot.. or they could have just started off on alcohol.. True drug addicts are constantly trying to escape from reality and any depression or psychological issues they have. They might try a drink, and say.. It's not doing it for them, so they try something else.. Maybe pot.. It's still not doing it.. and they move on to something harder and harder.

So you could just as easily say, Alcohol is a 'gateway drug'.

Wolfeman

01-07-2006 20:00:06

The gateway is cigs and booze. I've never met anyone that does hardcore drugs that didn't either smoke or drink first...

junkie06

01-07-2006 20:03:07

lol check my name out...naw only thing i have tried is weed and once volume on accident....am an avid pot smoker and i have no plans to quit at this current moment...speaking of pot on my way to go smoke...lol

h3x

01-07-2006 20:03:19

[quoteadcde9b28c="Wolfeman"]The gateway is cigs and booze. I've never met anyone that does hardcore drugs that didn't either smoke or drink first...[/quoteadcde9b28c]

Exactly.

ragefu

01-07-2006 20:27:46

[quotece772a9196="Wolfeman"]I think you're a loser for making it sound good to snort coke or heroin. I've seen what that shit does to people. No one starts off like, you know what I want to be strung out and live on the streets. Weed isn't even a drug so it really has no place in this thread. Most people don't shoot up at first either, they move to shooting up after snorting or smoking it doesn't get them high enough...[/quotece772a9196]

Do you have any first-hand experience? I hate people that throw out advice based on something someone told them or they read. You act like if you do drugs you'll end up an addict which is retarded

And loser was the wrong word, sorry, I just thought it was strange that someone looks down on drinking since it's so widely accepted, especially in high school and college

Wolfeman

01-07-2006 20:36:58

Yeah I've had plenty of experience with drugs. Just because I haven't done them doesn't mean I don't know what they do to you. Coke is a dirty drug and heroin just leads to bad things. Mushrooms aren't that bad but I don't want to eat something grown under cow shit...

Gooogler

01-07-2006 20:40:12

[quote098745bfb2="Veek"]I don't do drugs. Thanks.[/quote098745bfb2]

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/b88880d441774943f2db282c8e0159ce.gif[" alt=""/img098745bfb2]

Veek

01-07-2006 20:55:52

[quoted57dcc093b="ragefu"]

Do you have any first-hand experience? I hate people that throw out advice based on something someone told them or they read. You act like if you do drugs you'll end up an addict which is retarded

And loser was the wrong word, sorry, I just thought it was strange that someone looks down on drinking since it's so widely accepted, especially in high school and college[/quoted57dcc093b]

LOL. roll

jy3

01-07-2006 21:02:00

[quote99ed8b9d68="bruman"]X doesn't put holes in your brain.
That was just a lie/extremely flawed study funded by the govt to scare you. Pure MDMA isn't very harmful AT ALL. The main risk in taking it is the risk of it being laced with something more harmful.[/quote99ed8b9d68]

um, no, you are wrong. unlike the current administration, previous offices did not modify results to support their claims. i will leave it at that.

no drugs here except ~ 1 alcoholic drink per week at most.

theysayjump

01-07-2006 21:25:11

My younger brother started stealing Hash from my parents when he was about 12. The older he got and the more freedom he was given to make his own decisions he started spending all of his wages on Hash.

He got addicted to it, and still is. He smokes a shitload, each and every day from joints to buckets to bongs and everything in between. He also started on Speed and took Coke a few times too, because after smoking hash for so long and for such a consistent amount of time, it started to become mundane and he wasn't getting his high he used to.

He's not a bad guy, but he is really paranoid. I've seen him "sober" once in the last 5 years and that was when we went to NYC for 1 week and he couldn't get any. He was adament that he was being followed and that everyone was watching him and looking at him.

I don't think people who take drugs are scum or losers or pathetic, those tags are reserved for the people who take drugs and then treat people like shit, beat people up, hit their wives or gf's, put others' lives in danger by driving or operating machinery under the influence.

mr_black

02-07-2006 00:19:38

I like Maryjane. it is delicious it gets u buzzed w/o the after effects of alcohol and its all good in my book great sleeping aid too(if you have the right strain) and its no more harmful than a cig actually its less harmful.
I have tried pain killers b4 and they are cool but its not something i would ever do again its too drugieish.

Jeorgius

02-07-2006 00:31:40

[quote9a12fd2993="theysayjump"]My younger brother started stealing Hash from my parents when he was about 12. The older he got and the more freedom he was given to make his own decisions he started spending all of his wages on Hash.

He got addicted to it, and still is. He smokes a shitload, each and every day from joints to buckets to bongs and everything in between. He also started on Speed and took Coke a few times too, because after smoking hash for so long and for such a consistent amount of time, it started to become mundane and he wasn't getting his high he used to.

He's not a bad guy, but he is really paranoid. I've seen him "sober" once in the last 5 years and that was when we went to NYC for 1 week and he couldn't get any. He was adament that he was being followed and that everyone was watching him and looking at him.

I don't think people who take drugs are scum or losers or pathetic, those tags are reserved for the people who take drugs and then treat people like shit, beat people up, hit their wives or gf's, put others' lives in danger by driving or operating machinery under the influence.[/quote9a12fd2993]

Yea, drugs changed my friend from middle school. After he started using all that crack and weed, he needed more money to spend on drugs so he would steal from his family and even me. /

Meads

02-07-2006 13:31:52

Had Extasy, Coke, Weed, Speed, Trips (Acid) and Shrooms....

Do extasy most weekends at night clubs

Wolfeman

02-07-2006 14:02:50

[quotea829d14d1a="Meads"]Had Extasy, Coke, Weed, Speed, Trips (Acid) and Shrooms....

Do extasy most weekends at night clubs[/quotea829d14d1a]
That shit will fuck you up long term. Is it really worth it?

tylerc

02-07-2006 14:03:58

Wolfe change your avatar back to the omfg you hot let's sex.

Wolfeman

02-07-2006 14:06:36

[quote49ae98eff6="tylerc"]Wolfe change your avatar back to the omfg you hot let's sex.[/quote49ae98eff6]
Naw I love the chicken dance.

KAKA-KA KAKA-KA!!!

JUNIOR6886

02-07-2006 16:08:07

[quote5413a3f3aa="ragefu"][quote5413a3f3aa="JUNIOR6886"]I dont smoke anything or drink any form of alcohol.....

I still advise drug users to seek thrills elsewhere. Extreme sports > drugs[/quote5413a3f3aa]

Easy to give advice when you've never done anything roll, I can see looking down on druggies but if you think people that drink are "scum" you're a loser

X is by far the best drug I've done, also cheaper than most other stuff, if you haven't done it before it's worth it, its not gonna fuck you up to do it one time. I like weed but it really doesn't do it for me anymore. Coke is always good, and snorting heroin is awesome except you feel like shit afterwards. I tried speedballing once and I think it's overrated, I wouldn't do it again

The only thing I've never done that I want to try is LSD because it's hard to find around here. I'd also never shoot anything up, because I've seen someone do it and it's really sick.[/quote5413a3f3aa]

I guess the part when i say im trying to be less judgemental went completely out over your head didnt it roll

johnjimjones

02-07-2006 16:13:47

aha! irannaked just got confessions out of all of you. He's undercover for the FBI, you're all busted.

bruman

02-07-2006 16:19:09

[quote4a591eb258="jy3"][quote4a591eb258="bruman"]X doesn't put holes in your brain.
That was just a lie/extremely flawed study funded by the govt to scare you. Pure MDMA isn't very harmful AT ALL. The main risk in taking it is the risk of it being laced with something more harmful.[/quote4a591eb258]

um, no, you are wrong. unlike the current administration, previous offices did not modify results to support their claims. i will leave it at that.

no drugs here except ~ 1 alcoholic drink per week at most.[/quote4a591eb258]

They did the study, published the claim, etc. Then a few years ago they found out that in that study they were testing with methamphetamine instead of mdma (which is A LOT more harmful). Ecstasy is not that harmful at all and doesn't have any valid notable long-term effects.
There is also currently a study approved by the FDA that is testing MDMA in a therapeutic sense on victims of PTSD and they hope to make mdma a prescription medicine in the future.

Powerbook

02-07-2006 16:23:46

Fuck drugs. Seek thrills elsewhere such as sports, or hobbies. My friend started using pot not too long ago, and he is a lot different. He can't be trusted. I don't care if it has no "medical" or body effects, but drugs do change people. Sames goes for alcohol, and any other drugs. I noticed people change because of them.

bruman

02-07-2006 16:28:19

Many drugs do have medicinal properties that can enhance people's lives if used in the correct way.. it's just way to many people in our culture abuse them as a 'thrill'.

Also many psychedelics can be used as spiritual/healing tools (yage, mescaline, salvia, etc) and LOTS of indian tribes are based upon them. It's all how you use them.

Tholek

02-07-2006 16:58:32

Let's see...I've got Percodan, Vicodin and Tylenol #3. Unfortunately, they're are all for legitimate purposes. (

Then again, the need for greens on NB4F is also pretty painful....hmmm. lol

h3x

02-07-2006 17:12:34

[quoteed30da164e="Wolfeman"]Mushrooms aren't that bad but I don't want to eat something grown under cow shit...[/quoteed30da164e]

That's not entirely true. Shrooms mostly grow in the soil. It's just that cow fields are a well known spot for mushroom hunting in the fall.

Mushroom cultivators actually grow their mushrooms in a mix of brown rice flour, vermiculite and water by innoculating the spores into the substrate (the mix) which is contained in mason jars and stored for a 2-3 weeks for the mycelium to cover the entire "cake". The cake is then placed in a tub that aerates water on the surface and increases humidity; triggering the mycelium to produce mushrooms. "Hydroponic Mushrooms" is a term used by many actually refers to Indoor Mushroom Cultivation.

I'm not condoning it's use or cultivation (I only know this from reading about it's origins and current history. I've only done it a couple of times, and it isn't a "social drug" like marijuana and alcohol, but rather an occasional thing, mostly used during Autumn.)

Tholek

02-07-2006 17:29:21

Can you get high off mushrooms growing out of your celing? ;)

OldManWrigley

02-07-2006 17:36:00

I agree with everyone of Veeks post in this thread. Finally something we agree on )

How's Flash working out for you?

johnjimjones

02-07-2006 17:36:08

I've been on World of Warcraft and Oblivion. Phew those highs can last a long time.

jy3

02-07-2006 19:49:04

i agree that most drugs do have potential medicinal uses. any of the current medications on the market will do harm in certain circumstances. these facts together do not mean that doing drugs is a good idea.

if u want to "quote" articles, I suggest you do it properly.
anyway, check out these

Accession Number 00008514-200607000-00008.
Author Baylen, Chelsea A.; Rosenberg, Harold
Institution Bowling Green State University, Department of Psychology, Bowling Green, OH, USA
Title A review of the acute subjective effects of MDMA/ecstasy.[Review]
Source Addiction. 101(7)933-947, July 2006.
Abstract Aim Although several relatively recent reviews have summarized the neuropsychiatric effects associated with chronic ecstasy use, there is no published comprehensive review of studies on the acute subjective effects (ASEs) of MDMA/ecstasy.

Design The present study reviewed the prevalence, intensity and duration of ASEs collected from 24 studies that provided frequency data on the prevalence of self-reported ecstasy effects and/or provided data on the intensity of ecstasy effects.

Findings Although hundreds of ASEs have been reported following MDMA consumption, we identified a subset of effects reported repeatedly by meaningful proportions and large numbers of participants across multiple investigations, most of which were either emotional (e.g. anxiety, depression, closeness, fear, euphoria, calmness) or somatic (e.g. nausea/vomiting, bruxism, muscle aches/headache, sweating, numbness, body temperature changes, fatigue, dizziness, dry mouth, increased energy). Only one sexual ASE (sexual arousal/increased sensual awareness), one cognitive ASE (confused thought), one sensory-perceptual ASE (visual effects/changes in visual perception), one sleep-related ASE (sleeplessness) and one appetite-related ASE (decreased appetite) were reported across five or more investigations. Three factors-number of hours between ingestion and assessment, dose level, and gender-have been associated with the acute subjective experience of MDMA/ecstasy.

Conclusions This review provides useful information for clinicians and researchers who want to understand the desirable and undesirable ASEs that may motivate and restrain ecstasy use, for public health advocates who seek to reduce biomedical harms (e.g. fainting, dehydration, shortness of breath, bruxism) associated with recreational use of MDMA/ecstasy, and for educators who wish to design credible prevention messages that neither underestimate nor exaggerate users' experiences of this drug.

Copyright (C) 2006 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.

Accession Number 00000524-200605000-00017.
Author Duffy, M. R. 1; Swart, M. 2
Institution (1)Specialist Registrar, Torbay Hospital, Department of Critical Care Medicine, Lawes Bridge, Torquay, Devon, TQ2 7AA, UK
(2)Consultant, Torbay Hospital, Department of Critical Care Medicine, Lawes Bridge, Torquay, Devon, TQ2 7AA, UK
Title Severe Ecstasy poisoning in a toddler.[Report]
Source Anaesthesia. 61(5)498-501, May 2006.
Abstract Summary A 17-month-old toddler became critically ill after an accidental overdose with 'Ecstasy'. A single tablet was quickly retrieved intact from under her tongue, but within 5 min the child developed generalised tonic-clonic seizures requiring immediate transfer to hospital. She also had hyperthermia (38.5 [degrees]C), tachycardia (150 beats.min-1) and hypertension. Treatment to terminate the seizures necessitated intubation and ventilation, and cooling measures brought the temperature within normal limits. The child was admitted to the intensive care unit and made a rapid recovery. She was discharged to the ward 12 h later, and had no long-term sequelae.

(C) 2006 Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain & Ireland
Accession Number 00006114-200603140-00026.
Author Zakzanis, Konstantine K. PhD; Campbell, Zachariah MA
Institution From the Department of Life Sciences, University of Toronto at Scarborough.
Title Memory impairment in now abstinent MDMA users and continued users A longitudinal follow-up.[Miscellaneous]
Source Neurology. 66(5)740-741, March 14, 2006.
Abstract mdash; The authors further investigated the functional consequences of continued neurotoxicity of (+/-)3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) use. Fifteen participants who were previously given a brief neuropsychological battery were tested for a third time 2 years after baseline. At 2 years, seven participants were still using MDMA, whereas eight participants had become abstinent from MDMA since 1-year testing. Current users demonstrated further declines in memory ability; former users improved on several memory measures or remained static in performance.

(C)2006AAN Enterprises, Inc.
DOI Number 10.1212/01.wnl.0000200957.97779.ea

Accession Number 00008514-200603000-00008.
Author Gouzoulis-Mayfrank, E.; Daumann, J.
Institution Department of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Cologne, Germany
Title Neurotoxicity of methylenedioxyamphetamines (MDMA; ecstasy) in humans how strong is the evidence for persistent brain damage?.[Review]
Source Addiction. 101(3)348-361, March 2006.
Abstract Background The popular dance drug ecstasy (3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine MDMA and some analogues) causes selective and persistent neurotoxic damage of central serotonergic neurones in laboratory animals. Serotonin plays a role in numerous functional systems in the central nervous system (CNS). Consequently, various abnormalities including psychiatric, vegetative, neuroendocrine and cognitive disorders could be expected in humans following MDMA-induced neurotoxic brain damage.

Aims In recent years, the question of ecstasy-induced neurotoxicity and possible functional sequelae has been addressed in several studies with drug users. The aim of this paper was to review this literature and weigh the strength of the evidence for persistent brain damage in ecstasy users.

Methods We used Medline to view all available publications on 'ecstasy' or 'MDMA'. All available studies dealing with ecstasy users entered this analysis.

Findings and conclusions Despite large methodological problems the bulk of evidence suggests residual alterations of serotonergic transmission in MDMA users, although at least partial restitution may occur after long-term abstinence. However, functional sequelae may persist even after longer periods of abstinence. To date, the most consistent findings associate subtle cognitive, particularly memory, impairments with heavy ecstasy use. However, the evidence cannot be considered definite and the issues of possible pre-existing traits or the effects of polydrug use are not resolved.

Recommendations Questions about the neurotoxic effects of ecstasy on the brain remain highly topical in light of its popularity among young people. More longitudinal and prospective studies are clearly needed in order to obtain a better understanding of the possible long-term sequelae of ecstasy use in humans.

Copyright (C) 2006 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Kouimtsidis, Christos; Schifano, Fabrizio; Sharp, Tim; Ford, Lisa; Robinson, Justin; Magee, Colm Neurological and Psychopathological Sequelae Associated With a Lifetime Intake of 40,000 Ecstasy Tablets. Psychosomatics. 47(1)86-87, January/February 2006.
AN 00006843-200601000-00013.

lastly
think about this when using drugs

Accession Number 00000524-200605000-00017.
Author Duffy, M. R. 1; Swart, M. 2
Institution (1)Specialist Registrar, Torbay Hospital, Department of Critical Care Medicine, Lawes Bridge, Torquay, Devon, TQ2 7AA, UK
(2)Consultant, Torbay Hospital, Department of Critical Care Medicine, Lawes Bridge, Torquay, Devon, TQ2 7AA, UK
Title Severe Ecstasy poisoning in a toddler.[Report]
Source Anaesthesia. 61(5)498-501, May 2006.
Abstract Summary A 17-month-old toddler became critically ill after an accidental overdose with 'Ecstasy'. A single tablet was quickly retrieved intact from under her tongue, but within 5 min the child developed generalised tonic-clonic seizures requiring immediate transfer to hospital. She also had hyperthermia (38.5 [degrees]C), tachycardia (150 beats.min-1) and hypertension. Treatment to terminate the seizures necessitated intubation and ventilation, and cooling measures brought the temperature within normal limits. The child was admitted to the intensive care unit and made a rapid recovery. She was discharged to the ward 12 h later, and had no long-term sequelae.

(C) 2006 Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain & Ireland

Peinecone

02-07-2006 20:03:20

I smoke weed everyday. I wake and bake on my way to work at 5 am, and it gets me going.

I will do coke every once in a while. I really like to do it at parties.

Only done shrooms once and it just made my high from weed really awesome.

I snorted glass once, and the high that night was fucking awesome. But the next 2 days really sucked. Couldn't eat anything, sleep, and felt like like shit.

I have been looking to do X for a while, but the right time never presents itself.

I was one of you kids saying "I will never do drugs." But most of the stuff that is taught about drugs is BS (especially weed.) But i never did any drugs until after i was out of high school which is probably a good thing. It can distract you from things.

Jeorgius

02-07-2006 20:03:53

wow good support

h3x

02-07-2006 20:38:17

[quotec5caaaa198="Peinecone"]I smoke weed everyday. I wake and bake on my way to work at 5 am, and it gets me going.

I will do coke every once in a while. I really like to do it at parties.

Only done shrooms once and it just made my high from weed really awesome.

I snorted glass once, and the high that night was fucking awesome. But the next 2 days really sucked. Couldn't eat anything, sleep, and felt like like shit.

I have been looking to do X for a while, but the right time never presents itself.

I was one of you kids saying "I will never do drugs." But most of the stuff that is taught about drugs is BS (especially weed.) But i never did any drugs until after i was out of high school which is probably a good thing. It can distract you from things.[/quotec5caaaa198]

I was taught through the D.A.R.E. program in my elementary years and I firmly believe that all the hard drugs such as heroin, crack cocaine, and methaphetemines, and inhalants would destroy a person's life. But marijuana was the only one that stood out that I didn't believe in. Keep in mind I was 6 years old at the time. However, I knew people that smoked marijuana and never saw any abuse or mental or physical inflict caused by them using marijuana.

Just because marijuana is harmless (if consumed properly), doesn't make X, coke, and glass harmless.)

It's clearly evident in jy3's post of scientific studies on 'occasional ecstacy use' that the shit damages the brain. I shouldn't have to explain what glass will do to you.

The hardest shit I've ever tried was coke. I don't do it anymore and I never will. But, all this other shit you're doing is reckless, irresponsible and plain stupid.

Stay green or sober.

chillywilly

03-07-2006 08:59:28

Let's see... when i was 14, I did just about every drug there was at least once, some only once (didn't like needles, so anything shooting was done once).

The two that stuck around were coke and pot. About 4 years ago, something changed in me where I can't smoke more than a bowl or two at a time and only a couple of times a year.

Coke used to be a major problem, but the last 3 years have been pretty clean... once or twice a year now and only about 1/100 of what I used to do.

Never had much of a financial effect on me since I used to deal it, so just about every bit I did was skimed... not as much profits, but it fed the habit.

Do I wish I wouldn't have done so much? Yeah, sometimes... I really wish I wouldn't have done so much in my teen years, but the one advantage to that time is that I wasn't responsible for other people (wife, kids). As for when I got heavy back into it recently, it didn't affect much since I was divorced and enjoying life.

I have and never will do X. Whether the stories about holes in the brain are true or not, just don't think I would enjoy the high.

Booze is about the only thing I still do, but even that has been modertated a lot in the last few years.... maybe a few drinks a week, but that's about it.

Been cig free for over 3 years now. Best thing I ever did.

mikedb

03-07-2006 14:28:00

[quote5ce2694d24="h3x"]Just because marijuana is harmless (if consumed properly)[/quote5ce2694d24]

What is improper consumption? Im curious as to exactly what you mean by this...

EatChex89

03-07-2006 19:33:17

i did pot for 3 months and have quit because my job is more important to me.

lakersin2025

03-07-2006 19:59:22

I smoke weed every night for my "night cap". I live in an area where it is everywhere.

JennyWren

04-07-2006 19:25:19

Hmm..interesting thread. I've tried a few things. In order of trying

Tea my drug of choice, although I'm currently trying to quit. Helps me stay awake when reading boring code about telescopes.

Alcohol makes me sick. I'm a very cheap drunk, can't drink beer (bleagh), and I tend to puke before I get drunk. I mostly avoid it.

Cigarettes didn't do much for ages, till one day I had coffee and followed with a cigarette then went to class. Halfway during class, barfed into my mouth but managed to swallow it. Repeated. Yuck. No more cigs for me.

Caffeine pills good for at the club when I need energy but want to drive home.

Coffee gives me the shakes and makes my stomache hurt.

Pot makes me paranoid, and I can't fall asleep.

Shrooms nice although I've had a few bad trips, I only like to take small amounts. Best with E (hippy flipping) and nitrous.

E liked it the first time when it was laced w/speed. Since then, effects are less every time. The next day always sucks ass, can't do much and feel dopey for a day or two thereafter.

Nitrous yum. I pass out easily (sometimes just from blood or a gory movie, or shock) and I usually have mini-seizures when that happens. I quite like the dreamy feeling when I wake up from a faint, and nitrous mimics that. Best if drunk or on shrooms.

Best drug ever? Runner's high. One time I was out for a run and was really pushing myself and suddenly got this massive endorphin rush and I could run so fast, for so long. It was like flying. I'll never forget that feeling.

For me, I am trying to avoid pretty much all drugs, including caffeine. I usually have a great time at a club completely sober so long as the music is good and I am with cool friends. That's all I really need.

h3x

04-07-2006 19:42:40

[quote8c01146d6b="mikedb"][quote8c01146d6b="h3x"]Just because marijuana is harmless (if consumed properly)[/quote8c01146d6b]

What is improper consumption? Im curious as to exactly what you mean by this...[/quote8c01146d6b]

The only thing harmful about marijuana is in the smoke. All smoke is bad for you, regardless of what it came from. If one were to cook marijuana in food or use a vaporizer (heats the pot to the point where it releases all the THC in vapor form without burning the pot). It is harmless (for adult users).

I'm not saying that you shouldn't smoke pot. That's how I do it most of the time. But there are healthier ways to consume it.

Veek

04-07-2006 19:44:05

Barfing and swallowing? Sounds spicy.

zdub08

04-07-2006 20:02:51

Damn, tea, coffee, and running. Youre hardcore.

geej86

04-07-2006 20:07:21

so h3x you seem like the resident expert on the subject, i've got a pot related question maybe you know. I was smoking with my buddies and one of them was telling me how its less healthy to smoke out of a bong than to roll a blunt or whatever. I'm thinkin' with that paper a blunt or a joints gotta be worse but he was saying that it has to do with the cold smoke. Somehow the cold smoke makes more of what you are inhaling stick to the tiny hairs in your lungs. this kid could easily be talking bout something he doesn't know so i wanted to get the facts.

h3x

04-07-2006 21:33:47

When you use a bong, it cools the smoke and absorbs all the water-soluble carcinogens such as tar. When the water bubbles it carries the smoke and pushes it to the surface while the water-soluble carcinogens break down in the water. This smoke has been filtered from tar and other water-soluble carcinogens, which makes the smoke "cleaner". The smoke doesn't get that cold, and it wouldn't crystalize and "stick to the hairs in your lungs". This is just an urban legend.

...and blunts being healthier is another urban legend. The tobacco paper contains a lot of tar and especially when you break down some frosty nugs. Rolling joints is actually healthier for you than smoking blunts. Especially hemp papers. I got nothing against people smoking blunts. More power to them.

Blunts, Papers, Pipes, Bongs, Vaporizers... Light it up anyway you want, as long as you're lighting up. http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/bfbb541ccd69e284a4472005fb58a3d7.gif[" alt=""/imgd17e1eb654]

[spoilerd17e1eb654]You all realize I have a pot forum on here in case you have a question about marijuana or feel free to shoot me a PM.[/spoilerd17e1eb654]

lakersin2025

04-07-2006 22:12:20

Did that dude say he passes out from watching gory movies?

cwncool

05-07-2006 08:33:19

drugs are for thugs
cigs are for pigs
)
seriously though... if you do drugs, just get of them and get a life...i've never done them and never will. blegh.

JennyWren

06-07-2006 01:04:47

[quote1abf020f85="lakersin2025"]Did that dude say he passes out from watching gory movies?[/quote1abf020f85]

First off, not a dude!

yeah, it's happened twice in movies, several other times due to injury etc. It's not a pain thing, I almost fainted when I put in a contact lens for the first time. I think my body just doesn't like weird stuff happening to it. I have a heart murmur and low blood circulation so sometimes I just conk out.

It's quite annoying because I am very NOT a girly-girl, and I'm quite happy watching the "operation" show, just sometimes something will tip me over the edge. The worst time was when I got my helix (top of ear) pierced. It barely even hurt, so I sat up, feeling ok, then felt weird and lay back down. Apparently then my pupils got totally huge and I just about bounced right off the table cuz I was seizing. I wasn't even aware of what was going on till I came out of it a while later and said "that was kinda cool!". My friends were pretty freaked, although the piercer took it in stride.

I don't really mind it except that I am worried that if I ever really injure myself I'll be out and hurt myself even worse.