Creating incentive sites

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=41999

ffactoryxx

26-06-2006 17:42:07

How does one go about creating an incentive site?

Anyone create one without prior knowledge of coding and learned just to build a site.

How hard is it to get sponsors, code etc.

Any info would be a great aa I and a few firends want to start one

jamie123

26-06-2006 17:57:24

pmed you

offers from clickbooth, easy to get

UsfGeek

26-06-2006 18:02:37

Try SearchCactus, InstantProfitz, and FusionCash.

theysayjump

26-06-2006 18:06:24

[b56fa359715]WARNING

Anyone who flames or is generally rude in this thread will receive a 14 day temp-ban (includes telling people to search, if you have to ask you shouldn't be making one etc). These threads have been made before and always seem to be shot down.

So just discuss and keep it civil. If you have nothing helpful to add then don't add anything at all.[/color56fa359715][/b56fa359715]

Carry on.

UsfGeek

26-06-2006 18:08:10

Also, make sure you get a good script. The best way is to get a custom script. Very helpful thread here http//www.anything4free.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53775[]http//www.anything4free.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53775

Killer722

26-06-2006 18:09:03

TSJ, you're the man. (brownie points)

Seriously though, go for clickbooth.com

YourGiftsFree

26-06-2006 18:09:26

PM me for a link to InstantDollarz affiliate program. They are great!

UsfGeek

26-06-2006 18:10:00

The only problem with Clickbooth.com is that they don't have really good offers. They are VERY limited. I would vary all of my affiliate networks.

theysayjump

26-06-2006 18:13:46

Jamie123 said in his most recent thread about www.myeasyscripts.com .

Go onto the site and try out their demo's, get a feel for what they have, what they can do, what you can do, prices etc.

There's also RAFS and scripts like that but apparently it's never updated.

JOSHBOX

26-06-2006 18:17:23

linot a flameli

general rule of thumb around here is if you have to ask, you really dont have much business starting one. In order to be successful you should have a better idea of the mechanics of these sites.

jamie123

26-06-2006 18:17:35

[quote563fe87218="UsfGeek"]The only problem with Clickbooth.com is that they don't have really good offers. They are VERY limited. I would vary all of my affiliate networks.[/quote563fe87218]

i agree and disagree, some of the offers on there are complete crap and they don't have the biggest variety of incetivized ads, but altogether, they do have a lot of ads

those other companies you mentioned, do they have specific requirements to join? or is it the same as clickbooth? that's one reason why i liked clickbooth, they were really easy to get into, i did not need to make any sort of amount of money to get paid out

UsfGeek

26-06-2006 18:18:55

It's the same as Clickbooth, the only one that requires a phone call is NetBlue (Formerly YDFmedia). InstantProfitz matches all other affiliate network's payouts.

jamie123

26-06-2006 18:21:30

alright then, i'll look into adding some of them to my site

and factory for some reason it wouldn't let me pm you, but i have not customized their script yet because i'm having a bunch of problems with hosting and the script working, but according to them it doesn't seem too hard, and they're available for support all of the time, if you need any help they can help you, i'll let you know though once i get my problems fixed

ffactoryxx

26-06-2006 18:21:59

[quoted5cd569cbf="theysayjump"]Jamie123 said in his most recent thread about www.myeasyscripts.com .

Go onto the site and try out their demo's, get a feel for what they have, what they can do, what you can do, prices etc.

There's also RAFS and scripts like that but apparently it's never updated.[/quoted5cd569cbf]

I was checking out myeasyscripts.com

My question was though how customizable are they more so cosmetically. I would want it to have its own feel. For instance how hard would it be to make it look like a trainn site or freepay site. Just an example as both seem very well done

Gigante

26-06-2006 18:25:16

This is useful advise because this is actual experience, not just talking out of my ass.

If you don't have AT LEAST $10k to invest, stop now.
Web design and custom script will set you back about $2k-$3k. Advertising for site needs to spend at least $1k+/month and you need money to ship gifts.
Also, don't waste your time with shitty networks like Clickbooth. They have like 3 decent offers and the rest are crap.

You may think I'm being harsh, but I'm giving you the reality.

UsfGeek

26-06-2006 18:27:28

[quote3aaf285b62="Gigante"]This is useful advise because this is actual experience, not just talking out of my ass.

Web design and custom script will set you back about $2k-$3k. Advertising for site needs to spend at least $1k+/month and you need money to ship gifts.
Also, don't waste your time with shitty networks like Clickbooth. They have like 3 decent offers and the rest are crap.

You may think I'm being harsh, but I'm giving you the reality.[/quote3aaf285b62]

theysayjump

26-06-2006 18:30:58

[quote5ac888150d="JOSHBOX"]linot a flameli

general rule of thumb around here is if you have to ask, you really dont have much business starting one. In order to be successful you should have a better idea of the mechanics of these sites.[/quote5ac888150d]

It is a generalisation, but everyone has to start somewhere so I see no problem with questions being asked, as long as people aren't expecting everyone to do the work for them.

[quote5ac888150d="Gigante"]This is useful advise because this is actual experience, not just talking out of my ass.

You may think I'm being harsh, but I'm giving you the reality.[/quote5ac888150d]

True, and it's good information, but that's to have a custom script, non-forum advertising and assuming you'll be flooded within your first few weeks/months.

You can't expect to walk into being a freebie site owner with no money though, but alot of these smaller sites are starting out with between $1,000-$2,000.

ffactoryxx

26-06-2006 18:32:10

exactly around what i have. 2-4k

jamie123

26-06-2006 18:41:13

so far my expenses have only been about 400 dollars, 200 dollars for the script, 100 dollars for hosting for a year, and some other stuff here and there

i wouldn't recommend you do non forum advertising, it'll give you some sales, but it can cost a lot, and is pretty much a gamble..i'm just spreading mine through forums, idk about the people that live near you, but all of my friends have much disbelief in freebies, even after i've showed them my stuff, so i'm just going to show my site to the people who actually matter..the people that actually [id2c26c9e8c]do[/id2c26c9e8c]the freebie sites

fgr_admin

26-06-2006 20:52:44

ok heres all the info you need to know

Hosting and domain ($100-200 a year)
Buy good hosting. Will probably run you 100 minimum. The thing I see the most is new sites opening then going down because they bought cheap ass hostin. Then they have to close for a week while they move. So unless you want a site that crashes a lot and loss of customers buy good hosting.

Script

myeasyscripts.com = ($80-300)
probably the most popular now but doesnt have instant crediting. So means more work for you. You will have to manually credit everyone. A custom auto-credit script will cost about $150. The script alone cost $80 but you tend to need most of the add-ons. So better to buy them when you open then later on.

RAFs= ($100ish)
Old popular site. Has autocrediting but has HUGE flaw in the fact they get hacked all the time.

Custom = ($200-$1000)
Its custom so might have bugs might not. Generally its not worth paying someone to build you a custom site. If you cant do yourself buy a premade one.

DESIGN
Generally most site are easy enough to customiuze if you know basic coding. Myeasyscripts does custom designs for $400, they require you to buy templates from monstertemplates (i think) and they cost around $80.

OFFERS
There are a ton of publishers and who you choose will depend on how you want to run your site. While some of the sub publishers will pay more then the big boys, they will rarely increase payouts. While the big sites will increase payout as you grow with them. So if you choose instantdollarz over yfdirect, you might make more in the beginning, but in the long run would be better to use yfdirect. That is how sites like instantdollarz become publishers. They do massive amounts of bussiness with a large company. They then get paid so much they can resell the offer.

So here is list of publishers. You get to go through them to find the ones that will work the best for you.

http//www.affiliatefuture.com/home.asp
www.fusioncash.net
www.instantdollarz.com
https//www.emarketmakers.com/publishers.aspx
https//partners.yfdirect.com/affiliate_signup.html?super_affiliate_code=
http//www.maxbounty.com/
http//www.primaryads.com/
http//www.hydramedia.com/
www.searchcactus.com
http//www.revenueuniverse.com/

there are more as well. I would stay away from clickbooth though.

STARTUP
If you cant ship quick I would hold off till you have funds available to speed up shipping. Most people wont join a site if they have to wait a month or more to get paid. Specially a new site. So if you dont have a lot of capital for shipping gifts you might want to open a smaller site first like DS lites or 1 or 2gb nanos. That way one person (like me) wont join and crush you with a $500 cash out in a week. That way most one person can finish for is like $150.
Then once you grown some and made more capital you can add more sub sites. Thats why most people use myeasyscripts. Once you buy the initial designs its only $50 to add a new subdomain.

Hope that helps.

RocLaFamilia

26-06-2006 21:12:39

Also CPAEmpire is a good publisher Site...

megotcash

26-06-2006 21:25:43

[quotea6278e4330="fgr_admin"]ok heres all the info you need to know

Hosting and domain ($100-200 a year)
Buy good hosting. Will probably run you 100 minimum. The thing I see the most is new sites opening then going down because they bought cheap ass hostin. Then they have to close for a week while they move. So unless you want a site that crashes a lot and loss of customers buy good hosting.

Script

myeasyscripts.com = ($80-300)
probably the most popular now but doesnt have instant crediting. So means more work for you. You will have to manually credit everyone. A custom auto-credit script will cost about $150. The script alone cost $80 but you tend to need most of the add-ons. So better to buy them when you open then later on.

RAFs= ($100ish)
Old popular site. Has autocrediting but has HUGE flaw in the fact they get hacked all the time.

Custom = ($200-$1000)
Its custom so might have bugs might not. Generally its not worth paying someone to build you a custom site. If you cant do yourself buy a premade one.

DESIGN
Generally most site are easy enough to customiuze if you know basic coding. Myeasyscripts does custom designs for $400, they require you to buy templates from monstertemplates (i think) and they cost around $80.

OFFERS
There are a ton of publishers and who you choose will depend on how you want to run your site. While some of the sub publishers will pay more then the big boys, they will rarely increase payouts. While the big sites will increase payout as you grow with them. So if you choose instantdollarz over yfdirect, you might make more in the beginning, but in the long run would be better to use yfdirect. That is how sites like instantdollarz become publishers. They do massive amounts of bussiness with a large company. They then get paid so much they can resell the offer.

So here is list of publishers. You get to go through them to find the ones that will work the best for you.

http//www.affiliatefuture.com/home.asp
www.fusioncash.net
www.instantdollarz.com
https//www.emarketmakers.com/publishers.aspx
https//partners.yfdirect.com/affiliate_signup.html?super_affiliate_code=
http//www.maxbounty.com/
http//www.primaryads.com/
http//www.hydramedia.com/
www.searchcactus.com
http//www.revenueuniverse.com/

there are more as well. I would stay away from clickbooth though.

STARTUP
If you cant ship quick I would hold off till you have funds available to speed up shipping. Most people wont join a site if they have to wait a month or more to get paid. Specially a new site. So if you dont have a lot of capital for shipping gifts you might want to open a smaller site first like DS lites or 1 or 2gb nanos. That way one person (like me) wont join and crush you with a $500 cash out in a week. That way most one person can finish for is like $150.
Then once you grown some and made more capital you can add more sub sites. Thats why most people use myeasyscripts. Once you buy the initial designs its only $50 to add a new subdomain.

Hope that helps.[/quotea6278e4330]

wow, thanks a lot. i have wanted to start my own freebie site for a long time, but just didn't have the resources (people whom pay me for getting customers). i can code php and may other languages, and just didn't do enough research.

oh, i did have one more question. i know that you should buy "good hosting" so on and so forth, but what size of hosting do you recommend for starting up? i know i will stick to a site that can easily upgrade without problems, but is a "basic package" to basic to start out with?

Gigante

27-06-2006 07:37:50

If you don't advertise outside of forums, you will never make it anywhere. It is just the reality of the business.

Gooogler

27-06-2006 09:21:18

If you start a free site, I'LL KILL YOU!

bullseye4u

27-06-2006 09:50:17

[quote00b5c311b6="Gooogler"]If you start a free site, I'LL KILL YOU![/quote00b5c311b6]
http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/7b9949dadb917f2166652cef5ccc8044.gif[" alt=""/img00b5c311b6]

anyways back to the topic anybody know if godaddy hosting is good overall? or you would recommend others? I saw in godaddy if you purchase their hosting for a month $15 they give you $25 google ad sense? Is it worth it?

dmorris68

27-06-2006 10:47:31

I've used GoDaddy for years for domain registrations, and I think they're great for that -- I'll probably continue with them for my regular unhosted domains. However I've heard mixed results on their hosting packages.

Of course I've heard complaints about 1and1 hosting too, but I've been very happy with 1and1 for the almost 3 years I've been with them. Granted I haven't really pushed my hosting account to its limits either, so maybe they get don't get unpleasant until you exceed bandwidth and such. shrug

Admin

27-06-2006 12:41:07

Here are some tips for success if you want to create a listableli site that will last

- Don't even mention your site on freebie forums
Lead quality is absolute garbage.

- Don't use Clickbooth
History of nonpayment. Same goes for Incentaclick.

- Learn to use and be available at a telephone
Making yourself more than a screen name will benefit you incalculably

- Expect to get returns proportional to the amount of work you put in
It's not "free money" - you have to get out there and earn it.

- Don't forget who finances you (ADVERTISERS, not users) and act appropriately
Your absolute first priority at all times [i8786a3f49b]must[/i8786a3f49b] be making yourself a valuable partner for the advertisers. That means focusing on lead quality.

- Learn to be flexible
Affiliate marketing is an incredibly fast paced industry. You need to be able to adapt, and you need to be able to do it extremely quickly. You need to consider the future while focusing on the present and maintain a broad view of your company, revenue, users, etc.

- Learn how to market your site, brand, etc effectively
Don't rely on referrals to generate revenue. Referred users tend to have terrible lead quality.

- Don't use oversold hosting (1and1, dreamhost, godaddy, etc). Consider a site that offers reasonable hosting packages for reasonable prices http//apisnetworks.com/packages.php . I don't have to tell you why this is important.

freedesktoppc

27-06-2006 13:16:47

[quote9830bbd3c3="Admin"]Here are some tips for success if you want to create a listableli site that will last

- Don't even mention your site on freebie forums
Lead quality is absolute garbage.

- Don't use Clickbooth
History of nonpayment. Same goes for Incentaclick.

- Learn to use and be available at a telephone
Making yourself more than a screen name will benefit you incalculably

- Expect to get returns proportional to the amount of work you put in
It's not "free money" - you have to get out there and earn it.

- Don't forget who finances you (ADVERTISERS, not users) and act appropriately
Your absolute first priority at all times [i9830bbd3c3]must[/i9830bbd3c3] be making yourself a valuable partner for the advertisers. That means focusing on lead quality.

- Learn to be flexible
Affiliate marketing is an incredibly fast paced industry. You need to be able to adapt, and you need to be able to do it extremely quickly. You need to consider the future while focusing on the present and maintain a broad view of your company, revenue, users, etc.

- Learn how to market your site, brand, etc effectively
Don't rely on referrals to generate revenue. Referred users tend to have terrible lead quality.

- Don't use oversold hosting (1and1, dreamhost, godaddy, etc). Consider a site that offers reasonable hosting packages for reasonable prices http//apisnetworks.com/packages.php . I don't have to tell you why this is important.[/quote9830bbd3c3]

So are all of these suggestions in the works for fusioncash? I know you are already doing some of them, but there is no one company which does all of these.

Admin

27-06-2006 13:25:10

It's a bit late to "not mention" FusionCash on FiPG, but I think you'll agree that I don't go to great pains to promote it on forums.

I do use Incentaclick but only very minimally. I don't use Clickbooth. The rest are things that I do, every day.

freedesktoppc

27-06-2006 13:33:14

[quote4a7ba5224b="Admin"]It's a bit late to "not mention" FusionCash on FiPG, but I think you'll agree that I don't go to great pains to promote it on forums.

I do use Incentaclick but only very minimally. I don't use Clickbooth. The rest are things that I do, every day.[/quote4a7ba5224b]
[b4a7ba5224b]- Don't even mention your site on freebie forums
Lead quality is absolute garbage. [/b4a7ba5224b]
Well you made the sigs and stuff, obviously you want to promote on freebie forums just a little?

[b4a7ba5224b]- Learn to use and be available at a telephone
Making yourself more than a screen name will benefit you incalculably [/b4a7ba5224b]
FC has telephone support?

Admin

27-06-2006 13:54:46

Believe it or not, there are forums that are not about freebies. The vast majority of our sig images were used on non-freebie forums.

I'm talking about talking to people with whom you work, not users.

freedesktoppc

27-06-2006 14:02:31

[quote6fcaedaff8="Admin"]Believe it or not, there are forums that are not about freebies. The vast majority of our sig images were used on non-freebie forums.

I'm talking about talking to people with whom you work, not users.[/quote6fcaedaff8]

Obviosly there are other forums, I just for whatever reason thought that they would mostly be acceptable here, as most other popular forums have been flooded with ref. links etc., and I assumed they wouldn't take so kind to it.

I agree with you, if you are not able to speak on a phone, you can not run a business. In my life I have encountered to many people who only want to speak thru email, and they don't realize speaking on the phone is more professional and efficient. I always get a good laugh when two people froma forum become business partners, and then when something goes wrong, you find out that they never spoke to each other on the phone or in person even once, and that they don't even know each other's real names. A lot of the DIY sites have telephone support, and I think it really helps people trust them more. The truth is, from the kind of shit we have seen people do, if any referral site had a phone number, theyd get calls 24/7 asking about credit, and shit like that. However, I still think that any site that would be able to figure out how to do telephone support effectively would greatly benefit. Maybe, you can make a list of topics which are OK/Not Ok to call about, and if someone calls about something theyre not supposed to, they get put on hold. just an idea.

Admin

27-06-2006 14:19:49

it's something we've considered and definitely on the future roadmap as we grow

UniPrize Media

27-06-2006 15:11:18

Where is FON???

The attitude around here seems to have changed roll

theysayjump

27-06-2006 16:28:19

Huh?

FreeOffersNow

28-06-2006 12:07:47

[quote78a867e5f9="ulenie"]Where is FON???

The attitude around here seems to have changed roll[/quote78a867e5f9]

I'm here... I've been out of town for a few days 8) . Anyhow, my only advice (other than to take heed to the advice already given in this discussion) would be to avoid myeasyscripts like the plague. Initially, I was very happy with myeasyscripts (even with the out-of-the-box bugs, sloppy code, etc.) because Jad was very willing to provide support and make the necessary fixes. However, over time, I realized that the "Free lifetime support" only lasts a few months, and that the "Free lifetime upgrades" is an outright lie. I could sit here and type out a list of problems/complaints, but I think it should suffice to say that my recommendation is to go with a custom script. In fact, I'll be moving CasinoCashUnlimited from Project-IRS to a new, more powerful, custom script very soon!

EDIT I forgot to mention that they advertise my site as one of their success stories (which is fine with me as it is essentially just free advertising). However, they also decided to completely fabricate a testimonial and publish it at http//netfrontiermarketing.com/products.php to promote some BS product. Gotta love it...

theysayjump

28-06-2006 13:01:06

lol

Wow that's cheesey.