I was just robbed at knife-point

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=41879

theysayjump

24-06-2006 19:57:40

First time I've ever been robbed or mugged. I guess it was inevitable living in the area that I do.

I have an appointment next Thursday in Philadelphia so that I can finally get my work permit so I can start working again, so I sold some of my ePassporte for Paypal to be able to pay for the train and taxi to get there.

So about an hour and a half ago I went to Turkey Hill (small minimart kinda deal) to get something to drink, milk, and cigarettes for my wife and mother-in-law, and to use their ATM to get the money out so I can buy the trian ticket. When I come out of Turkey Hill, I go to their in-wall ATM, insert my Paypal card, put in the PIN and ask for an account balance first to amke sure I'd have enough after the transaction fee. Whilst I'm waiting for the account balance print-out, someone (turns out to be a woman) walks from my left around behind me and starts talking.

I assume they're on their mobile phone and continue waiting for the print-out. When it comes out I hear her say something quietly so I turn and she's standing next to me, the conversation went like this

Me "What?"
Her "I need you to get me some money"
Me "[i5a3ca5224e]What?[/i5a3ca5224e]"
Her "I need you to get me some money. I have a knife"

I look down and she pulls out about an 8-10" long steak knife and points it towards me whilst staying close to me but not actually putting it up against me.

Me "Uhh.....what do you need?"
Her "$100."
Me "I don't have $100"

I show her the receipt that says $52.97 on it.

Her "$50 then."
Me "I can't get $50 because the machine takes a fee, there won't be enough afterwards."
Her "$40."

I knew full-well that I would have enough after the fee to give her $50 but the retard bought it anyway. So I put the card back in, enter the PIN, type in $40.00 and wait.

Her "I need you to walk away as if this never happened"

I take a step back and pick up my bag. The money comes out, she takes it and starts to walk away.

Her "I'm sorry it had to be like this"
Me "Yeah I'm sure you are fucking sorry"

And then she walks away round the corner. I head back home but stop, turn around, go back to where she went and I see her behind the shop but in front of a CVS (pharmacy) getting into a parked car. I walk back towards home, the direction I know the car would be going and they pull out of a little driveway and are parrallel to me but about 30ft away and there's about 3 others in the car and I think I got the first two numbers of the license plate but they drove up and away from me.

We called the police and we got a really helpful woman. Thankfully, Turkey Hill has a security camera that taped the whole thing so she was gonna get that.

So yeah, she got the only money I had to get to Philly with so now I have to cancel and reschedule. Bastards. It might not sound like much but that knife was closer than I wanted it to be.

No Dr Pepper's were harmed during this escapade and it made it home safely(you'll be glad to know that Tholek wink ).

KeithA

24-06-2006 20:01:31

Son of a bitch. Glad you're safe, but that really sucks.

justinag06

24-06-2006 20:03:04

that does suck

gimmie your paypal ill send you some money

theysayjump

24-06-2006 20:04:08

Thanks guys but keep your money. I appreciate the thought though. )

FreeOffersNow

24-06-2006 20:06:09

You got robbed by a woman with a steak knife? Wow man...time to start carrying a knife of your own. I've carried a knife on me for several years now...nothing big...just something to (among other things) defend myself with. Some people say you shouldn't need a knife if you can fight...but think about how much more safe I am being that I can fight [i938c7d78cc]and[/i938c7d78cc] have a knife evil

theman2005

24-06-2006 20:07:06

Oh my.... glad to hear that you're not harmed at least!

theysayjump

24-06-2006 20:09:00

Yeah when she was saying this to me, I was about to just elbow her in the face, take the card and leg it into the shop, but she saw me thinking (smoke comes out of my ears when I think) so she kinda moved the knife a bit closer to me.

I still refuse to carry any kind of weapon on me.

Gooogler

24-06-2006 20:09:26

[quote8ccb2fe79f="theysayjump"] I don't have anything valuable on me! But I can help you get a free iPod if you sign up under me.[/quote8ccb2fe79f]

Wolfeman

24-06-2006 20:09:35

Its not worth it to fight the bitch for $40. You did the right thing...

TryinToGetPaid

24-06-2006 20:09:42

Glad you are OK, I had a gun in my face once, and it wasnt too fun......That sucks that she pulled a knife out on you for 40 bucks....

theysayjump

24-06-2006 20:15:34

[quoteb23ed8bf2e="Wolfeman"]Its not worth it to fight the bitch for $40. You did the right thing...[/quoteb23ed8bf2e]

That's the thing though, I've been waiting for my work permit for about 11 months now and this $40 almost was worth it lol.

Obviously it ended up not being worth it, but I was so close to albowing her in the face.

The things you would do in hindsight.

Tholek

24-06-2006 20:16:31

Oh my God...just glad you're fine, and were able to defend those Dr Peppers. )

I'm surprised that went as well as you describe. The last time I was mugged there was no chit-chat, just a fist.

TryinToGetPaid

24-06-2006 20:17:33

Do you really think she would of stabbed you if you wouldnt have given her the money? Or did she look like one of those ladies who would have stabbed you and not cared at all?

JKirk

24-06-2006 20:19:21

Dude seriously, if you need that money I will lend it to you hands down and I'm not kissing ass either I would lend any of my friends money if that happened to them. I'm going away for the next 1-2 weeks and it's just going to set in my PayPal during that time. That's crazy that happened though, there's no way in hell I would have fought her for that anyways. It would have been a lot different if you had a couple hundred in there though. Did she actually check the receipt when you showed it to her?

toiletpaper55

24-06-2006 20:20:14

sorry but you shouldve dropped her ass....

MyungChunHa

24-06-2006 20:20:27

Damn, that's some intense shit....I would have given her the money in a heart beat, if you got nothing to defend yourself with then it's never worth it....Plus you never know if she's got back up or anything like that (which she did)....

Did she wear a mask?

theysayjump

24-06-2006 20:20:28

[quote40b489f51e="Tholek"]Oh my God...just glad you're fine, and were able to defend those Dr Peppers. )

I'm surprised that went as well as you describe. The last time I was mugged there was no chit-chat, just a fist.[/quote40b489f51e]

Those DP's were my main concern.

[quote40b489f51e="TryinToGetPaid"]Do you really think she would of stabbed you if you wouldnt have given her the money? Or did she look like one of those ladies who would have stabbed you and not cared at all?[/quote40b489f51e]

Yeah she was serious. It was obviously planned or thought out because there's no way she could've seen me from the place that she came from, so there had to be someone else looking out for someone to go to the machine.

She had huge sunglasses on and a baseball cap but I could just see her eyes and she looked stoned. So chances are the money was for drugs, and when a druggie needs money for their next fix they're gonna do what they need to do to get it.

Wolfeman

24-06-2006 20:22:39

I think you could easily get that $40 back via donations. I always think its better to play it safe than have her be some cracked out tweaker in need of a fix after being up for 72 hours striaght and she stabs you in the throat or something...

TryinToGetPaid

24-06-2006 20:24:28

True-- that really sucks, some people are just better off on an island.

On a side note My roommate was just approached by a mental patient. Who asked him if he knew where his mental hospital was because he was lost and needed to get back there as quick as possible. So now, we have a mental patient walking around our apartment complex.

bballp6699

24-06-2006 20:26:40

Told you to get out of that ghetto.

theysayjump

24-06-2006 20:27:38

[quote5dcf551da3="JKirk"]Dude seriously, if you need that money I will lend it to you hands down and I'm not kissing ass either I would lend any of my friends money if that happened to them. I'm going away for the next 1-2 weeks and it's just going to set in my PayPal during that time. That's crazy that happened though, there's no way in hell I would have fought her for that anyways. It would have been a lot different if you had a couple hundred in there though. Did she actually check the receipt when you showed it to her?[/quote5dcf551da3]

Thanks man I sincerely appreciate it, but my mother-in-law is trying to get it from a relative, so keep it, get yourself some greens. )

[quote5dcf551da3="toiletpaper55"]sorry but you shouldve dropped her ass....[/quote5dcf551da3]

Trust me, I've thought about it before this happened, what I'd do if something like this ever came about (because I live in the ghetto and I'm, white, Scottish and hairy so I figured I'd be targeted sometime), but when it actually happens, it's easier said than done. Everyone's different though. shrug

[quote5dcf551da3="MyungChunHa"]Damn, that's some intense shit....I would have given her the money in a heart beat, if you got nothing to defend yourself with then it's never worth it....Plus you never know if she's got back up or anything like that (which she did)....

Did she wear a mask?[/quote5dcf551da3]

Yeah exactly.

She didn't have a mask but I can remember her almost exactly.

Blonde hair in a pony-tail, blue baseball cap, thick dark sunglasses, grey hoodie with blue writing on the front, denim shorts, orange socks and white trainers. The knife handle was brown and wooden, and the blade was actually embedded int it, as opposed to just being stick to it.

I know in the UK you can request CCTV footage from the Freedom Of Information Act if you're involved but if I wanna see the tape, can I request it under the FOIA?

TryinToGetPaid

24-06-2006 20:29:03

I dont see why you wouldnt be able to see it....

J4320

24-06-2006 20:30:02

Well it's good that they got it on camera. Hopefully everything should be fine. It's good to see that you're still here. )

She'll probably be the one paying in the end. ;)

h3x

24-06-2006 20:30:42

Glad to hear you're safe from this ordeal.

That would be a once a week situation for you if you lived in Anchorage.

stackmjwiz

24-06-2006 20:31:19

[quotec7711d2360]So chances are the money was for drugs, and when a druggie needs money for their next fix they're gonna do what they need to do to get it.[/quotec7711d2360]

Yea, those people are desperate.

My Econ teacher last year told me a story of when he was held up at gunpoint in Philly. He was working on campus (Drexel) at a Subway, and this crack addict stuck a gun in his face and made him hand over the little money there was.

Turns out there was actually a cop inside the Subway during the holdup and a cruiser coming up the street when the guy walked out.

About a week later, this crack addict's brother tried the same thing. But the cops were all over the area and he got caught. My teacher also went in a cop car to help the cops look for the guy and they nabbed him.

My class joked that my teacher owned that family.

Tholek

24-06-2006 20:33:09

When I used to come home late after a concert or something, I'd often walk in the gutter, even the middle of the road if there weren't much traffic if, I felt I might be followed.

Sometimes it isn't paranoia.

Wolfeman

24-06-2006 20:33:10

My friend got mugged in downtown LA where he lived but he had nothing on him but his keys but the dudes that mugged him knew where he lived so they were worried they'd break in that night so he jumped in a car with his 2 brothers and 2 buddies and they found the guys and beat the shit out of them. I love street justice...

Gooogler

24-06-2006 20:36:51

[quote5b384e80fb="h3x"]Glad to hear you're safe from this ordeal.

That would be a once a week situation for you if you lived in Anchorage.[/quote5b384e80fb]

No it wouldn't I spent like a month there, what are you talking about? ?

Tholek

24-06-2006 20:36:56

Frank, did the cops mention anything about "Victims Services"?

If not, you should ask. It would be from the state, but you might be able to recoup the money lost.

Worth a shot...

JKirk

24-06-2006 20:37:04

[quoteece789f9dd="Wolfeman"]My friend got mugged in downtown LA where he lived but he had nothing on him but his keys but the dudes that mugged him knew where he lived so they were worried they'd break in that night so he jumped in a car with his 2 brothers and 2 buddies and they found the guys and beat the shit out of them. I love street justice...[/quoteece789f9dd]

ROFL! How'd they find him?!

kyks17

24-06-2006 20:37:23

im glad you didnt get hurt, that must have been so frightening (

hehehhehe

24-06-2006 20:39:25

Damn, glad you're ok. You did the right thing, $40 is not worth getting stabbed over. A couple of years ago, a South American guy that was in school with me got stabbed in a mugging (most of friends that have gotten mugged never get hurt), it could've been a lot worse.

ilanbg

24-06-2006 20:41:02

TSJ, man, I'm disappointed in you. Remember Chicks dig scars a lot more than they dig stories about being robbed by a crackhead.

You lost a great opportunity to get a lot of ass. (

wink

Tholek

24-06-2006 20:42:07

and lose a few pints of blood.... )

ilanbg

24-06-2006 20:43:53

[quote049237af33="Tholek"]and lose a few pints of blood.... )[/quote049237af33]

Blood can be replenished, but honor is lost forever.

theysayjump

24-06-2006 20:44:29

[quote0407a66981="Wolfeman"]I think you could easily get that $40 back via donations. I always think its better to play it safe than have her be some cracked out tweaker in need of a fix after being up for 72 hours striaght and she stabs you in the throat or something...[/quote0407a66981]

Yeah I probably could get the money back from people's offers, like justinag06 and JKirk but I didn't tell the story to get some money from people, I just told it to......tell it. I do sincerely appreciate the people who have offered to help though and +karma to each of you. )

[quote0407a66981="bballp6699"]Told you to get out of that ghetto.[/quote0407a66981]

You certainly did but I you're usually wrong so I dismissed your advice. wink

[quote0407a66981="Tholek"]Frank, did the cops mention anything about "Victims Services"?

If not, you should ask. It would be from the state, but you might be able to recoup the money lost.

Worth a shot...[/quote0407a66981]

The cop never said anything about vistims services and I told her that I wasn't really bothered about the money, moreso the fact that she probably has done it before and will do it again. If she's caught it will involve a lineup and I'll get to pick the bitch out. D

theysayjump

24-06-2006 20:47:23

[quote03fa19878a="hehehhehe"]Damn, glad you're ok. You did the right thing, $40 is not worth getting stabbed over. A couple of years ago, a South American guy that was in school with me got stabbed in a mugging (most of friends that have gotten mugged never get hurt), it could've been a lot worse.[/quote03fa19878a]

Yeah it could've been. Funny thing is that when I thought that she was gonna stick me, Pizza flashed before my eyes.

[quote03fa19878a="ilanbg"]TSJ, man, I'm disappointed in you. Remember Chicks dig scars a lot more than they dig stories about being robbed by a crackhead.

You lost a great opportunity to get a lot of ass. (

wink[/quote03fa19878a]

lol It's a shame that I'm married. wink

Plus, I have a scar on my eyebrow. shrug

h3x

24-06-2006 20:49:56

[quoted1ff43ec6f="Gooogler"][quoted1ff43ec6f="h3x"]Glad to hear you're safe from this ordeal.

That would be a once a week situation for you if you lived in Anchorage.[/quoted1ff43ec6f]

No it wouldn't I spent like a month there, what are you talking about? ?[/quoted1ff43ec6f]

You gotta be kidding me... There's shootings there all the time now.. 3 people are dead in a month's time alone (8 people have been killed this year alone). Rape of women at bars. Anchorage is the #1 worst city in the United States for crime per capita. Anchorage is also one of the worst cities for sexual assault per capita.

theysayjump

24-06-2006 20:51:14

[quote50b28dcd11="h3x"][quote50b28dcd11="Gooogler"][quote50b28dcd11="h3x"]Glad to hear you're safe from this ordeal.

That would be a once a week situation for you if you lived in Anchorage.[/quote50b28dcd11]

No it wouldn't I spent like a month there, what are you talking about? ?[/quote50b28dcd11]

You gotta be kidding me... There's shootings there all the time now.. 3 people are died in a month's time alone. Rape of women at bars. Anchorage is the #1 worst city in the United States for crime per capita. Anchorage is also one of the worst cities for sexual assault per capita.[/quote50b28dcd11]

I thought you moved there to get [i50b28dcd11][b50b28dcd11]away[/b50b28dcd11][/i50b28dcd11] from those accusations? wink

h3x

24-06-2006 20:53:47

[quote7f36a60874="theysayjump"][quote7f36a60874="h3x"][quote7f36a60874="Gooogler"][quote7f36a60874="h3x"]Glad to hear you're safe from this ordeal.

That would be a once a week situation for you if you lived in Anchorage.[/quote7f36a60874]

No it wouldn't I spent like a month there, what are you talking about? ?[/quote7f36a60874]

You gotta be kidding me... There's shootings there all the time now.. 3 people are died in a month's time alone. Rape of women at bars. Anchorage is the #1 worst city in the United States for crime per capita. Anchorage is also one of the worst cities for sexual assault per capita.[/quote7f36a60874]

I thought you moved there to get [i7f36a60874][b7f36a60874]away[/b7f36a60874][/i7f36a60874] from those accusations? wink[/quote7f36a60874]

I live no where near Anchorage for that very reason. There's zero-crime where I live. The worst offense here was a rooster fighting ring that some guy from the phillipines rigged in his house.

Wolfeman

24-06-2006 20:57:30

[quotee274a94c87="JKirk"][quotee274a94c87="Wolfeman"]My friend got mugged in downtown LA where he lived but he had nothing on him but his keys but the dudes that mugged him knew where he lived so they were worried they'd break in that night so he jumped in a car with his 2 brothers and 2 buddies and they found the guys and beat the shit out of them. I love street justice...[/quotee274a94c87]

ROFL! How'd they find him?![/quotee274a94c87]
They figured the guys were from around there since they were on foot so they just kinda cruised around and found them outside the local liquor store. He lives right near the Staples Center and its a place they are REALLY trying to clean up. It used to be hardcore gang territory...

h3x

24-06-2006 20:59:21

Here's an article only 6 days ago...

[quote055d5503a2]Gangs in Anchorage

Police crack down on escalating gun violence

By MEGAN HOLLAND
Anchorage Daily News

Published June 18, 2006
Last Modified June 21, 2006 at 1038 AM

The bang sounded like a firecracker. Then 12-year-old Tupou Pea felt the burning on his back and leg.

He had been shot.

Someone had fired at Tupou from a passing SUV early in the morning May 26 as he rode with his father and brother on their way to pick up newspapers for delivery.

Police say the Samoan boy and his family may have been mistaken for gang members.

Over the past year, gang wars in Anchorage have escalated to a new level. Suddenly police reports sound like bad news from some inner city Outside innocent bystanders caught in drive-by shootings, ambushes on residential homes, shoot-outs in public parking lots.

"This is the thing we've worried about since the beginning," said deputy chief Ross Plummer. "Where a neighborhood gets shot up and an innocent person gets hit."

"We have to focus on gangs. They are here. They are a reality. We can't say that they are not," said deputy chief Rob Heun, who will become police chief later this year. At the announcement of his appointment last week, Heun said he will make combating the gang problem a top priority.

A DOZEN GANGS IN ANCHORAGE

Police estimate there are a dozen gangs in Anchorage, with a total of about 115 members. There are another 130 to 150 people police call gang "associates," meaning people known to hang out with them, support them and sometimes take part in their criminal activities.

Detectives say many of the recent reports of gunfire around the city seem to be related to the slaying of a 17-year-old boy, shot three months ago in East Anchorage, and perhaps to three other gang-related homicides since March 2005.

Anchorage has had gangs since at least the early 1980s, but their presence ebbs and flows. This year has seen a dramatic increase, authorities say.

"It used to be that there would be a fist fight on a Friday afternoon over some girl. Now people drive around shooting at each other for four or five months over the issue," said Mark Mew, a former deputy police chief who has watched the unfolding tensions among teenagers as head of security for the Anchorage School District.

Plummer agrees "They have no real qualms about using firearms on people that have offended them."

Inter-gang rivalries usually start out small a wayward glance or accidental bump in a crowded place and someone decides he's "being disrespected" or somebody is "talking smack" about him. Petty beefs escalate quickly, especially when guns are available. And guns can be found anywhere if you are an Anchorage teenager, say both police and gang members.

Waving a gun around quickly turns into shots fired, which in turn become shots aimed to kill.

In Anchorage, gangs form in a variety of ways. Some are merely kids from the same neighborhood who band together and make up a name to call themselves, according to authorities. Others are formed by young gang members from the Lower 48 who have moved to Alaska with their parents and bring vestiges of their old lives with them.

Names like Outlaws, Soulja's Crew, Juvenile Delinquents and Tiny Rascals come and go. Some are local creations. Some, like Tiny Rascals, a name used by one of the largest Asian gangs in America, are lifted from Outside.

The names evolve or change or produce spin-offs, like the Hamo Tribe, a Samoan gang, which had a spin-off called the Baby Hamos for younger teens.

Cops don't like to use gang names because they believe it gives them status on the streets -- and, of course, it's not illegal to be in a gang, they say. It's what the gangs do that is illegal.

Anchorage gangs are different from gangs Outside, said Dean Williams, a juvenile- justice superintendent at McLaughlin Youth Center and a member of the city's anti-gang task force. No two cities are identical, but Anchorage stands apart because it has a transient population, kids who have recently moved here with their families -- in many cases to escape the economic and social problems endemic to inner cities.

Police agree. Anchorage is unusual mostly because of the state's isolation, they say. We do not have generational gangs that have existed since the 1950s with older, hard-core members, Plummer said. Nor do we have the decades of poverty and disenfranchisement of people that breeds gangs.

"We don't have a ghetto in Anchorage ...We don't have hard-core housing projects," he said.

"These people are doing it because they choose to, not because of economic hardship."

Anchorage gangs can be primarily one ethnic or racial group. There are Samoan gangs, Asian gangs and black gangs. But there is variation in each gang and no hard and fast rules, Williams said. They tend to be less territorial here, more multicultural, and their make-up is very fluid compared with Lower 48 gangs, he said.

Kids, mostly boys, join gangs when they are as young as 12 or 13. Calil Gross-Mininall was shot and killed in March 2005 at Dimond Center. He was 14.

Lt. Gardner Cobb, head of the cops in schools program, said gang members are in the schools.

School security director Mew said Bartlett, East and West high schools typically have problems, but other schools do too. "We are working really hard to suppress it across the board and to keep it from migrating from the streets to the schools."

Identifying which students are problems is sometimes difficult, he said. "You've got this style out there promoted by movies and music ... You know, they all want to be like gangsters. That's what the kids aspire to be. That's not helpful. It's difficult to tell the wannabes from the real McCoys."

Williams said the breakdown of who is in gangs, where they come from and why they form is a nascent area of study for the city. Little is tracked or known, he said, although the city and law enforcement are working on that.

Recent changes in local gangs make getting accurate information even more important. Anchorage gangs may have started as social networks, but they are now organizing criminal enterprises to make money, Plummer said. They are branching out into drug dealing, auto theft and stealing from vehicles.

SHELL CASINGS AND SILENCE

Four people have been killed in recent revenge shootings that started escalating in March 2005, police say Gross-Mininall, Tinius Talamaivao, 20, Marcus Watkins, 20, and Abraham Tauanu'u, 17. At least a dozen others have been shot, including the brothers of Talamaivao and Watkins.

Tauanu'u is the latest to have died. He was riding in a vehicle near DeBarr Road and Boniface Parkway around 11 p.m. March 24 when someone in another vehicle opened fire.

It was the third time he had been shot since 2004.

Sgt. Gil Davis, head of the assault unit that handles most of the cases, has been watching the gang rivalries unfold. He said the assaults share similar characteristics drive-by shootings, reluctant witnesses and uncooperative victims who show up at hospitals refusing to talk to police.

Police respond to calls and find shell casings, but by then the shooters have scattered.

To combat the rise in gang violence, police have shifted cops in schools, increased patrols and made deals with businesses to break up gang gathering spots. Police are also patrolling more in areas where there have been drive-bys and where gangs hang out, including a hard-hit neighborhood along the north end of Muldoon Road where, police say, gangs like to gather late at night in parking lots.

"I don't know why they've picked this part of town, other than it's just become 'the place,' " said Skip Winfree, owner of 10th and M Seafoods on Muldoon Road.

Winfree said the sound of gunshots in the neighborhood has increased in the past several months. "It used to be happening in late hours. Now it's starting to happen during the day."

His building was damaged when a gunman shot and injured two teenage girls in a nearby parking lot at 4 a.m. in early April. Police later arrested 21-year-old Darian Patterson and charged him with attempted murder. He is at the Anchorage jail, awaiting trial.

Police are keeping a closer watch on the neighborhood, with extra officers and extra patrols, they said.

Muldoon business owners around Peck and Duben avenues, including Winfree, have agreed to erect "No Trespassing" signs, which police then enforce, including by towing vehicles.

"What we really want to do is give the ability to the police to take the bad ones and get them off the street," Winfree said "We don't want to run them to another area. We are hoping the real worst of them will be thrown in jail for a long time."

Sherman "Tank" Jones, who owns two clubs in the neighborhood, sees it a little differently. Some of the late-nighters are his customers, and he says police are overstating the problem. "Gangs taking over Muldoon?" he asked. "Where?"

"This is a hip-hop generation. Just because you have a do-rag hanging out of your pocket and you can do the gang signs doesn't make you a gang member. Half of these people have jobs and just want to let loose," he said.

Jones supports more police in the neighborhood, though. It's better for business, he says.

Police are also considering a buy-back or amnesty program for stolen guns and ammunition. Police spokesman Lt. Paul Honeman said the department is checking whether such programs have worked in other cities.

Gang members are not likely to turn in guns, police acknowledge. But one idea is to give gang members and other criminals one month to turn in their guns, then go hard after those who don't. Another is to have a "Gun Stoppers" phone line, similar to Crime Stoppers, for people to call in tips on stolen guns, Honeman said.

This all comes after two cases where bystanders -- including 12-year-old Tupou -- were struck by flying bullets.

Tupou, his father and his younger brother were driving on Karluk Street near 15th Avenue when the passenger in a Chevy Suburban with its lights off fired at them about six times.

Father Tavita Pea said he had to steer with one hand on the wheel while he pulled his kids down in their SUV with the other and sped for help. Doctors left the bullets in his body and Tupou returned to school, the family said.

The other injured bystander is Christopher Pryce, 24. A bullet burst through the wall of his Muldoon apartment May 14 while he was sitting at his computer and lodged in his neck. A few days later, Pryce vowed to leave Anchorage for a safer place.

Since last spring, when the mayor announced the formation of the city's gang task force, police and other law enforcement authorities have begun compiling a database of gang members, which includes criminal history and reports of gang-type activity from various sources. Once on the list, a gang member has to stay clean for five years to be removed, Plummer said.

One of the worries about gangs, according to Williams, is their ability to grow. "Gang kids tend to breed other gang kids," he said. "I don't care what the numbers are, if we have gang kids doing their activities, the risk is they are going to recruit more kids.

"I think we should definitely be concerned."

Plummer said, "I don't think people should live in fear. ... But I think they should have concern."

"We don't want this in our community."

It's a frustrating battle, but police say they have scored victories. They've arrested dozens of known gang members so far this year. On May 25, they scooped up four men after shots were fired toward a rival gang in an East Anchorage trailer park, according to the prosecution's court documents. Police say one of the men arrested, Alberto Hiraldo-Zayas, 20, was at the Dimond Center shoot-out that killed Gross-Mininall.[/quote055d5503a2]

FreeOffersNow

24-06-2006 20:59:25

[quotedcd6051428="theysayjump"]moreso the fact that she probably has done it before and will do it again.[/quotedcd6051428]

I'm fairly certain that she would have had something other than a steak knife if this was "planned" and something she/they had done before...

h3x

24-06-2006 21:00:19

http//www.adn.com/ips_rich_content/727-guns.gif[" alt=""/img1a7d050c4c]

FreeOffersNow

24-06-2006 21:01:40

OK h3x...we believe you.

Links would have sufficed (

theysayjump

24-06-2006 21:07:19

[quote6b9da17fdc="FreeOffersNow"][quote6b9da17fdc="theysayjump"]moreso the fact that she probably has done it before and will do it again.[/quote6b9da17fdc]

I'm fairly certain that she would have had something other than a steak knife if this was "planned" and something she/they had done before...[/quote6b9da17fdc]

Definitely.

The fact that they knew about it (even having someone just watching to see if anyone went to the machine) means that someone else would've been there and had something also, in the event of me doing something to her, they could come out and get me.

She seemed like a college kid so I'm gonna trawl through Myspace in the hopes of finder her. Slim chance I know but it's worth a try I think.

Gooogler

24-06-2006 21:09:02

[quote9685c909e2="h3x"]http//www.adn.com/ips_rich_content/727-guns.gif[" alt=""/img9685c909e2][/quote9685c909e2]

It's all those damn drugs wink

h3x

24-06-2006 21:20:03

It's not that.. It's something else.. But it's not that.

But, enough of Anchorage... Glad to hear you're safe, jump

JUNIOR6886

24-06-2006 21:34:13

holy fucking shit.... glad you're alright man.... I dont carry a weapon either but ive been seriously considering doing so for a while.

opinions on these?
http//www.coldsteel.com/13rtk.html
and
http//www.coldsteel.com/38ssc.html

JJPRO11

24-06-2006 21:50:12

you definitely did the right thing.. if you talk to any martial arts expert who actually train with knives they will agree, and admit they would do the same.. you never know if theres other people with her watching you somewhere, ready to attack if you try to fight. in knife fights, it is said that you end up getting cut 90% of the time.. whether it's a small cut on your hand or a deadly stab.. you are more than likely to get hurt one way or another.

the people who say you should have hit her are idiots that think they're badasses. those are the same fools that let their ego get in the way and end up getting killed by the robber's backup which they weren't aware of.

your lucky that nothing happened to you and it was only a measly 40 bucks.. people get killed even when they comply with the thief.

Daggoth

24-06-2006 21:58:44

$40 won't last her long...

Wolfeman

24-06-2006 22:01:23

$40 will get her 2 fixes...

Strike

24-06-2006 22:08:59

Wow. I'm glad you're safe and unharmed. It sucks when stuff like this happens.

FreeOffersNow

24-06-2006 22:11:48

[quote8603ebec8e="JJPRO11"]the people who say you should have hit her are idiots that think they're badasses. those are the same fools that let their ego get in the way and end up getting killed by the robber's backup which they weren't aware of.[/quote8603ebec8e]

tsk tsk...generalizations are bad. Likewise, advice on the appropriate re/action when being mugged from the 14 year old kid from Pleasantville is also bad.

I've never been mugged, no one has ever even attempted to mug me. I've seen plenty of guns brandished, and plenty of knives waved...so it's not exactly my "badass" ego doing the talking...it's my experience. I've always been tought to defend myself, and what is mine...apparently your parents will just give you another $40 if someone steals it.

Also, if you're uncertain about carrying a knife, pepper spray/tasers are often appropriate alternatives (i.e. no permanent damage to "victim," no real skill needed).

Finally...Junior, those knives are far too big. Generally, the larger the knife, the more skill needed to use it effectively. A better alternative would be a smaller, folding knife (in the event that you actually need to defend yourself with it...don't wave it around...do your best not to let them know you have it!). I am currently carrying the following http//www.gerbertools.com/Gerber-Trendy-Black-Teflon-with-Pearwood-7168.htm

Two steps

1. Stab
2. Twist (optional)

ajasax

24-06-2006 22:12:01

I'm glad you're alright TSJ, besides being out $40 wink Never had anything like this happen to me, but I'm the most alert when I'm at an ATM.

amir89630

24-06-2006 22:20:20

shiiit homie

i woulda busted out my 9 and capped that bitch.
or i woulda whipped my dick out and slapped that bitch across the face.

u need to man up, son.

schf0ol3d

24-06-2006 22:26:48

[quote18e6b97941="toiletpaper55"]sorry but you shouldve dropped her ass....[/quote18e6b97941]

Like how you wipe against other asses?

I couldn't resist oops

syriandoode

24-06-2006 22:45:30

[quotec39dfbbbb2="amir89630"]shiiit homie

u need to man up, son.[/quotec39dfbbbb2]

shock

[quotec39dfbbbb2="FreeOffersNow"][quotec39dfbbbb2="JJPRO11"]the people who say you should have hit her are idiots that think they're badasses. those are the same fools that let their ego get in the way and end up getting killed by the robber's backup which they weren't aware of.[/quotec39dfbbbb2]

tsk tsk...generalizations are bad. Likewise, advice on the appropriate re/action when being mugged from the 14 year old kid from Pleasantville is also bad.

I've never been mugged, no one has ever even attempted to mug me. I've seen plenty of guns brandished, and plenty of knives waved...so it's not exactly my "badass" ego doing the talking...it's my experience. I've always been tought to defend myself, and what is mine...apparently your parents will just give you another $40 if someone steals it.

Also, if you're uncertain about carrying a knife, pepper spray/tasers are often appropriate alternatives (i.e. no permanent damage to "victim," no real skill needed).

Finally...Junior, those knives are far too big. Generally, the larger the knife, the more skill needed to use it effectively. A better alternative would be a smaller, folding knife (in the event that you actually need to defend yourself with it...don't wave it around...do your best not to let them know you have it!). I am currently carrying the following [bc39dfbbbb2]http//www.gerbertools.com/Gerber-Trendy-Black-Teflon-with-Pearwood-7168.htm[/bc39dfbbbb2]

Two steps

1. Stab
2. Twist (optional)[/quotec39dfbbbb2]

at first i thought you were carrying baby food lol

bballp6699

24-06-2006 22:52:24

[quote3ffdc73c5f="theysayjump"]
[quote3ffdc73c5f="bballp6699"]Told you to get out of that ghetto.[/quote3ffdc73c5f]

You certainly did but I you're usually wrong so I dismissed your advice. wink[/quote3ffdc73c5f]

[i3ffdc73c5f]did, but you're[/i3ffdc73c5f]

JOSHBOX

24-06-2006 23:59:38

Maybe its just me but from your description it sounded like that was really out of character for her to threaten someone for money. She must have been pretty desperate. If I were in your situation I would have given her the 40 also.

Ryizan

25-06-2006 00:01:40

[quote647a7e11e8="amir89630"]shiiit homie

u need to man up, son.[/quote647a7e11e8]

ILMFAO!! Same here! hahaha! More like your sawed off 12 gauge! That would work too.

Jump, you lishouldli get a carriers permit and get real protection if you live in the ghetto! If you don't like big guns you should consider one of those very small .22 pistols that hold like 6 rounds.

Ya RLY! Drop dat biocth. You say she didn't have te knife like at your neck or anything. If it was a girl you shoulda grab her hand with the knife turn it on her and said "gimie $40 bitch!"

syriandoode

25-06-2006 00:10:24

carrying a weapon doesnt mean crap unless you are actually willing to use it aganist someone

JJPRO11

25-06-2006 00:11:38

[quote8740c55a14="FreeOffersNow"][quote8740c55a14="JJPRO11"]the people who say you should have hit her are idiots that think they're badasses. those are the same fools that let their ego get in the way and end up getting killed by the robber's backup which they weren't aware of.[/quote8740c55a14]

[/quote8740c55a14]

i know for a fact most people that talk that way on the internet are full of shit and would literally piss their pants if they were confronted by someone with a knife. i wasnt referring to anyone in particular, but everytime something like this happens, whether in person talking or forums.. theres always people that say how they would react with violence, but really would do the complete opposite.

a 14 year old neighborhood kid with your typical pocket knife and an adult with an 8" steak knife are two different things. adults are far more likely to have accomplices around than the stupid kid. he said so himself that there were 3 others in the car. if he confronts the girl, he is in bad shape because the 3 others may have weapons ready as well and can easily overpower him even without any weapons. his form of self defense was that of words.. there was no need for physical self defense unless she actually made a move to harm him.

believe me, im not one of those pansies that hide behind parents and their lawyers. im not going to be someone's bitch if they are giving me problems.. but im not going to risk being a statistic over $40 or some other amount of cash. i will take the advice of people that actually train with and master weapon combat over someone on a forum. anyone that tells you to start a fight with someone with a gun or knife when you are weaponless is an idiot. unless you have training and some experience with weapon combat and/or self defense, the thought shouldn't even come to your mind.

ilanbg

25-06-2006 00:27:39

[quote1e078507c3="theysayjump"]lol It's a shame that I'm married. wink[/quote1e078507c3]

"Waaaaah! I can't pick up chicks because I'm maaarrried."

"I can't fight crackheads because they have kniiivves."

roll

theysayjump

25-06-2006 00:30:01

[quote634124440a="ilanbg"][quote634124440a="theysayjump"]lol It's a shame that I'm married. wink[/quote634124440a]

"Waaaaah! I can't pick up chicks because I'm maaarrried."

"I can't fight crackheads because they have kniiivves."

roll[/quote634124440a]

You're so right.

What would I do without you Alex? shock cry

ilanbg

25-06-2006 00:40:03

[quote1b665883ac="theysayjump"]You're so right.

What would I do without you Alex? shock cry[/quote1b665883ac]

...That's the second time you've called me Alex.

...Which leads me to believe you're making some sort of reference.

...I don't get the reference.

theysayjump

25-06-2006 00:42:47

It's a reference to the name you were given at birth.

ilanbg

25-06-2006 00:44:21

Or, perhaps more accurately, one of the many names I was [i99d3fd9877]not[/i99d3fd9877] given at birth.

theysayjump

25-06-2006 00:46:40

Nope.

ilanbg

25-06-2006 00:49:11

http//valdefierro.com/martx12.jpg[" alt=""/imgb21d86cddb]

schizerbone

25-06-2006 01:08:44

[quote36e9d42ddd="Gooogler"][quote36e9d42ddd="theysayjump"] I don't have anything valuable on me! But I can help you get a free iPod if you sign up under me.[/quote36e9d42ddd][/quote36e9d42ddd]

lol lol lol.....(<--- I'm sorry, but is that supposed to be a laugh?)

Glad you're safe dude...your heart was probably pounding out of your chest, I know mine would have been from the mix of fear and anger...

Veek

25-06-2006 01:15:57

Aw, thankfully you're safe. Those $40 were definately not something worth getting stabbed for!

I wub u.

Daggoth

25-06-2006 01:18:00

My friend carries around a switch blade everywhere, but it is considered legal because it is magnet powered, instead of spring.

ilanbg

25-06-2006 01:28:18

[quote7bb85c954f="Daggoth"]My friend carries around a switch blade everywhere, but it is considered legal because it is magnet powered, instead of spring.[/quote7bb85c954f]

Is the law regarding switchblades national- or state-mandated?

IOW Can I legally own one of those?

Also Where can I buy one?

theysayjump

25-06-2006 01:36:12

[quote9f45dfb9f3="schizerbone"][quote9f45dfb9f3="Gooogler"][quote9f45dfb9f3="theysayjump"] I don't have anything valuable on me! But I can help you get a free iPod if you sign up under me.[/quote9f45dfb9f3][/quote9f45dfb9f3]

lol lol lol.....(<--- I'm sorry, but is that supposed to be a laugh?)

Glad you're safe dude...your heart was probably pounding out of your chest, I know mine would have been from the mix of fear and anger...[/quote9f45dfb9f3]

I can't remember if it was or not. Actually, I can hardly remember much of what happened anymore, but I probably was shitting my pants.

[quote9f45dfb9f3="Veek"]Aw, thankfully you're safe. Those $40 were definately not something worth getting stabbed for!

I wub u.[/quote9f45dfb9f3]

arrow idea ! twisted

JordanE

25-06-2006 01:52:48

[quote41ddd54f37="theysayjump"]Plus, I have a scar on my eyebrow. shrug[/quote41ddd54f37]

lol I do to. That bitch had a watch around his fist. It bled like crazy.

Seriously though, glad to hear your all right hopfully you'll get your $40 back. Though I can't say I would have done the same (what can I say? i'm pron to violance and have been in similar situations before) But I know your strongly Anti-Violance so I respect your actions. And again i'm glad to hear your all right.

[quote41ddd54f37="FreeOffersNow"]Finally...Junior, those knives are far too big. Generally, the larger the knife, the more skill needed to use it effectively. A better alternative would be a smaller, folding knife (in the event that you actually need to defend yourself with it...don't wave it around...do your best not to let them know you have it!). I am currently carrying the following http//www.gerbertools.com/Gerber-Trendy-Black-Teflon-with-Pearwood-7168.htm [/quote41ddd54f37]

Nice I have this one http//www.gerbertools.com/Gerber-AR-350-BB-5870.htm ($40 at target lol) I agree with you on the knife size thing. Often times less-is-more. It needs to feel kind of natural. The last thing you wan't when you actually need to use the knife. Is to fumble around with it. Once you pull it out theres no turning back if you don't get the first hit you will die or get really fucked up.

One of my friends was being mugged by someone who is a known knife fighter (expelled from school for knife related violance) when he (my friend) wen't to flip open his knife he got stabbed almost instantly in his chest. Thankfully once the bleeding stopped he was alright. But seriously once you attempt to fight back you better not have any hesitation.

dagreatmighty1

25-06-2006 08:09:55

Glad to know you are okay. I've been in a similar situation and it ain't the same as sitting on the computer and contemplating what you would do.

Your heart beats faster, and "shitting out of pants" seems true. It's a good thing you let her go and walked away. I didn't and though the dude didn;t carve anything out of me, i got sucker punced a couple of times by his gang and am still feeling it.

Good to know your safe...

FreeOffersNow

25-06-2006 09:03:52

[quoted70e64300e="JJPRO11"]i know for a fact [id70e64300e]most people [/id70e64300e]that talk that way on the internet are full of shit and would literally piss their pants if they were confronted by someone with a knife. i wasnt referring to anyone in particular, but everytime something like this happens, whether in person talking or forums.. theres always people that say how they would react with violence, but really would do the complete opposite.
[/quoted70e64300e]

There you go generalizing again. I'm not going to argue with you about what I would or wouldn't do if someone "pulled" a steak knife (or any weapon) on me...I know what I'd do, and that's what matters most. If you think that everyone...errr..."most people" offering advice online are just bullshitters than that is your problem. Do I sound like I'm not really sure what I'm talking about...or like I'm just making shit up?

I'M SCARED! HOLD ME!!!!

bballp6699

25-06-2006 09:12:06

The fact that you could defend yourself against someone with a knife doesn't mean shit when you have no idea if someone sent the bitch out there and they are watching her with guns. For $40 you let that shit go and if you don't you're a dumbass. Plain and simple.

FreeOffersNow

25-06-2006 09:26:55

[quote11a37c8ca4="bballp6699"]The fact that you could defend yourself against someone with a knife doesn't mean shit when you have no idea if someone sent the bitch out there and they are watching her with guns. For $40 you let that shit go and if you don't you're a dumbass. Plain and simple.[/quote11a37c8ca4]

People don't walk up to you with a steak knife if they have access to a gun...nor do they ask for "$100" when you ask them what they want. More than likely she was a desperate teen on a Saturday night...who (as mentioned by a few people above) was probably just looking to score some drug money. Nonetheless, his $40 is gone, and I'm done trying to offer advice to you people evil

All I know is, the way you guys are talking ("just give them the moniesssssssss!") is really making me second-guess college...it might be more profitable just to track down all of you and rob you with a steak knife.

bballp6699

25-06-2006 09:33:57

He also said that 3 other guys were waiting in the car for her. So who's to say those 3 other guys weren't watching. Not everything makes sense, but for $40, why take a chance at dying for story to tell your friends at the bar?

I look at the pros and cons. You hit her and you save $40. You miss her and she stabs you and save $40 and are fucked up. You hit her and piss off the 3 guys she was with and they come out and fuck you up...etc...

justinag06

25-06-2006 09:36:39

the times that a person is going to be mugged or robbed are most likely few and far between. By that knowledge you are better off just letting the $40 go because it's worth shit compared to the cost of a hospital stay for a knife wound, or your life.

however if you are someone who is consistently robbed or put in dangers way, then yes I suppose it would beheave you to learn how to protect yourself and your $40 on a weekly basis.

Or move the fuck out of there...

bballp6699

25-06-2006 09:38:48

I'll let you stay at my house, but don't bring any of your skirts or bagpipes with you.

FreeOffersNow

25-06-2006 09:39:09

it's behoove justin...behoove!!

Also, bball...you might get fucked up...but once you're fucked up you can't get the $40 out...meaning you saved your $40 and you can get your work permit now evil

justinag06

25-06-2006 09:41:15

cut me some slack im sick

and good luck getting a work permit and a job with that fucked up mug.

The only way I could see myself doing this, is if i was absolutly positive I could fuck up the person trying to rob me. You are right the other people in the car probably arent going to do shit but leave. You would most likely grab her knife and they would most likely have no weapons greater than yours. If they are junkies they would leave that bitch in a second though

punjabi_munda

25-06-2006 10:45:48

omg is ur bag safe..i hope it is.....lol

j/k good u were safe.....and yea that did sux..got jacked by a gurl

Gooogler

25-06-2006 11:16:18

His bag?

JordanE

25-06-2006 12:13:05

[quote5ea4a65419="ilanbg"][quote5ea4a65419="Daggoth"]My friend carries around a switch blade everywhere, but it is considered legal because it is magnet powered, instead of spring.[/quote5ea4a65419]

Also Where can I buy one?[/quote5ea4a65419]

I think its typically state mandated. But I think there are national restrictions blade blade length. But I could be wrong. You should do some searching for your state laws before you buy one. Generally speacking though with a decent quality folding knife and alittle practice you can unfold it really fast. With my gerber knife it olny takes alittle flck of the wrist to unfold it. Personally though I wouldn't want a switchblade just becouse of how dangerous they can be. There have been lots of cases where someone rubbed up against something and the knife opened up in there pocket or on there belt and stabbed theme.

Heres an example of a cheap and generally legal switchblade.
http//www.directknifesales.com/view_product.php?product=cali%20legal%20pakka%20wood&PHPSESSID=dfc44e7b43f1a2400cfe844c346f33e5

Remember though that knife as far as quality goes is going to be pretty shitty. Generally speacking you need to spend $100-$200 on a switchblade to get the same blade quality and construction as you would get in a $30 folding knife. There pron to breaking.

Heres an example of a high quality switchblade.
http//www.directknifesales.com/view_product.php?product=al%20mar%20EOD%20B4&PHPSESSID=dfc44e7b43f1a2400cfe844c346f33e5

Butterfly Knives are where its at wink
http//www.directknifesales.com/view_product.php?product=Black%20Butterfly%20Knife%20tech&PHPSESSID=dfc44e7b43f1a2400cfe844c346f33e5

Daggoth

25-06-2006 12:17:16

[quotea88063be15="ilanbg"][quotea88063be15="Daggoth"]My friend carries around a switch blade everywhere, but it is considered legal because it is magnet powered, instead of spring.[/quotea88063be15]

Also Where can I buy one?[/quotea88063be15]

I have no idea. I am pretty sure it is national-mandated so you can legally own one, but I have no idea where you can buy one.

JordanE

25-06-2006 12:23:38

Daggoth -your not from california by any chance?

theysayjump

25-06-2006 12:55:31

She definitely wasn't a teen but seemed to be in College.

The way it happened leads me to believe that not only were there guys in the car waiting for her but another lookout who could see the ATM (since the car with the guys in was behind the shop and round a corner with no clear view of who was using the machine or not).

So, I'd say there were at least 4 others involved and if I had done anything to the girl, not only would the lookout do something but they'd also let the guys in the car know about it too.

Since I don't work, I don't have insurance or anything like that and for me to try to disarm her or keep the cash was a big risk, since (as justinag06 said) if she did fuck me up, there's no way in hell I could pay for a hospital bill. So not only would I have been carved up but I'd also be thousands of dollars in debt.

[quote42e5339831="bballp6699"]I'll let you stay at my house, but don't bring any of your skirts or bagpipes with you.[/quote42e5339831]

Thanks but no thanks then. Those skirts and Bagpipes are my life.

bballp6699

25-06-2006 12:57:55

Alright, alright, you can bring the bagpipes, but leave the mother-in-law.

theysayjump

25-06-2006 13:05:01

The thought to bring her had never crossed my mind.

You got the Haggis ready?

Wolfeman

25-06-2006 13:08:01

I've got no Haggis but I've some other random innards boiled inside its own stomach. YUM!

bballp6699

25-06-2006 13:10:44

No Haggis, all I can afford is Ramen Noodles.

UberVash

25-06-2006 13:45:49

Glad you're safe man! $

amir89630

25-06-2006 13:50:20

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/86fcda4996bf5915392585055abdab14.gif[" alt=""/imgc54c7272f1] +[img="c54c7272f1]http//forum.freeipodguide.com/smilies_mod/upload/ba6e4cc64518b0f8bd0baff2af28547d.gif[" alt=""/imgc54c7272f1]= 40$

johnjimjones

25-06-2006 14:02:12

Shit, I go away for two days and this is what happens. Never again TSJ. Glad you're ok.

jy3

25-06-2006 14:06:22

glad u are ok

Crynos

25-06-2006 14:13:59

Damn York ghettos (

theysayjump

25-06-2006 14:26:03

[quote97c0027515="Crynos"]Damn York ghettos ([/quote97c0027515]

Ya rly.

Wolfeman

25-06-2006 14:39:13

We need Bodyguards4Free.com

Godrockdj

25-06-2006 15:09:38

And you guys thought I was kidding when I said we should initiate a PA posse ;)

TSJj what Turkey Hill was this at? There are a billion in this area....

bballp6699

25-06-2006 15:19:41

The one with the piss puddle on the sidewalk... ;)

theysayjump

25-06-2006 15:29:09

lol

The puddle didn't make it to the sidewalk. wink

The Turkey Hill it happened at is about 1 minute's walk from my house. We have loads of them here also.

http//maps.google.com/maps?num=100&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=turkey+hill,+york+pa&ie=UTF8&om=1&ll=39.958438,-76.741047&spn=0.020592,0.040255

Just below and slightly to the right of A, there's a little square, that's where it actually is. The little blue arrow below that little square is where I live.

bballp6699

25-06-2006 15:34:35

Distance 95.6 mi (about 2 hours 10 mins)

Not a problem for me... ;)

Tholek

25-06-2006 16:19:56

[quote5abbe089fd="theysayjump"][quote5abbe089fd="Crynos"]Damn York ghettos ([/quote5abbe089fd]

Ya rly.[/quote5abbe089fd]

Does [i5abbe089fd]every[/i5abbe089fd] York have one? shock

travise46

25-06-2006 16:26:26

[quote3afaa72c77="Wolfeman"]We need Bodyguards4Free.com[/quote3afaa72c77]

http//www.handguncontrolinc.org/nramember.jpg[" alt=""/img3afaa72c77]
5 refs

[img="3afaa72c77]http//www.century.edu/cect/images/officer.jpg[" alt=""/img3afaa72c77]
10 refs

[img="3afaa72c77]http//chicago.metblogs.com/photos/robocop.jpg[" alt=""/img3afaa72c77]
30 refs

....I'm going for robocop.

theysayjump

25-06-2006 16:28:23

[quoteb820668816="Tholek"][quoteb820668816="theysayjump"][quoteb820668816="Crynos"]Damn York ghettos ([/quoteb820668816]

Ya rly.[/quoteb820668816]

Does [ib820668816]every[/ib820668816] York have one? shock[/quoteb820668816]

More than one, Tholek.

More. Than. One.

syriandoode

25-06-2006 16:42:54

lolz i get it!

theysayjump

25-06-2006 18:01:58

[quote214557d9f9="syriandoode"]lolz i get it![/quote214557d9f9]

?

Ryizan

25-06-2006 18:03:58

[quote7edaee9ad6="travise46"][quote7edaee9ad6="Wolfeman"]We need Bodyguards4Free.com[/quote7edaee9ad6]

http//www.handguncontrolinc.org/nramember.jpg[" alt=""/img7edaee9ad6]
5 refs

[img="7edaee9ad6]http//www.century.edu/cect/images/officer.jpg[" alt=""/img7edaee9ad6]
10 refs

[img="7edaee9ad6]http//chicago.metblogs.com/photos/robocop.jpg[" alt=""/img7edaee9ad6]
30 refs

....I'm going for robocop.[/quote7edaee9ad6]

JUNIOR6886

25-06-2006 18:07:49

ive seen a couple suggestions for knives but what about long range weapons? I think that'd work better in situations where you're being chased.....

Tholek

25-06-2006 18:22:29

A boomerang? ;)

syriandoode

25-06-2006 18:46:10

like this?

http//members.optusnet.com.au/felixcheung/17-05%20PS3%20Controller.jpg[" alt=""/img5bcb31a210]

Godrockdj

25-06-2006 18:58:17

[quoteff9dfe66b7="travise46"][quoteff9dfe66b7="Wolfeman"]We need Bodyguards4Free.com[/quoteff9dfe66b7]

Pics

....I'm going for robocop.[/quoteff9dfe66b7]

That was funny, +kma

jadem

25-06-2006 19:08:01

My mom gave me this

http//www.defensedevices.com/wilcatkey.html

Word of advice, don't forget to take it off your keychain before you leave for a trip (airport security really doesn't like it). ;)

Oh and ignore the part about it being a great gift for any woman...... shrug

plusnightlife

25-06-2006 20:23:25

A mod needs to set up a donation thread... if 8 people will give $5, this can be fixed. I am good for $5, and from the sound of it so are a couple more people who have read this thread. I'm guessing 20-30 people will donate... you could make some money off this mugging!

theysayjump

25-06-2006 20:34:52

lol

Thanks but I've already told the people ho've offered to help to keep their money.

Someone did send me the money through Paypal without asking me first and won't accept a refund unless I get the money from a relative, so I don't need the money at this moment.

Thanks guys.

Tholek

25-06-2006 20:38:50

It may surprise some, but apparently there are some really nice people on this board. )

JordanE

25-06-2006 20:47:54

[quote7016576507="jadem"]My mom gave me this

Word of advice, don't forget to take it off your keychain before you leave for a trip (airport security really doesn't like it). ;)

Oh and ignore the part about it being a great gift for any woman...... shrug[/quote7016576507]

Shit is that ment for the eyes shock That would hurt like a mother fucker.

This thing is pretty scary. Watch the video.
http//cellular.co.za/phones/gunphone/gun-phone.htm

theysayjump

25-06-2006 23:14:34

Those are pretty fucked up. Same with that phone, although why did they make it with big red buttons on it? Looks totally out of place.

JordanE

26-06-2006 01:23:59

[quote3a140572a6="theysayjump"]Those are pretty fucked up. Same with that phone, although why did they make it with big red buttons on it? Looks totally out of place.[/quote3a140572a6]

I don't think they could make it look to realistic.

shopaholic

26-06-2006 01:37:27

Geez.

I'm glad you are safe. It's better to not take the chance. People do crazy things when they are desperate.

I always carry a shocker with me now. I've been planning to learn to use a gun and all but never got around to it. When I was a freshman in college, I got jumped once and my bro got stabbed. At my last job, my coworker was shot to death. cry There's so much horrible things going on in society these days, you really can't be safe enough.

Daggoth

26-06-2006 01:45:48

Is your bro okay?

shopaholic

26-06-2006 02:10:30

[quote5de6277e13="Daggoth"]Is your bro okay?[/quote5de6277e13]

he's fine now. had to go to the hospital, they shaved his head and stitched him up. he wore a cap for the longest time so my parents wouldn't see it.

cwncool

26-06-2006 07:22:43

stabbed in the head!?!?! WOW! hope it doesn't lead to any other problems...

Tholek

26-06-2006 09:03:15

Well, if he was stabbed [ib44572bf1c]through[/ib44572bf1c] the skull, I can imagine they would be pretty severe. I'm guessing it wasn't that bad though....I hope.

UsfGeek

26-06-2006 11:02:00

[quotec496775688="JordanE"][quotec496775688="jadem"]My mom gave me this

Oh and ignore the part about it being a great gift for any woman...... shrug[/quotec496775688]

Shit is that ment for the eyes shock That would hurt like a mother fucker.

This thing is pretty scary. Watch the video.
http//cellular.co.za/phones/gunphone/gun-phone.htm[/quotec496775688]

Man, I want one of those.

CoMpFrEaK

26-06-2006 12:28:53

[quoted5f7a74cdc="theysayjump"]She definitely wasn't a teen but seemed to be in College.

The way it happened leads me to believe that not only were there guys in the car waiting for her but another lookout who could see the ATM (since the car with the guys in was behind the shop and round a corner with no clear view of who was using the machine or not).

So, I'd say there were at least 4 others involved and if I had done anything to the girl, not only would the lookout do something but they'd also let the guys in the car know about it too.

Since I don't work, I don't have insurance or anything like that and for me to try to disarm her or keep the cash was a big risk, since (as justinag06 said) if she did fuck me up, there's no way in hell I could pay for a hospital bill. So not only would I have been carved up but I'd also be thousands of dollars in debt.

[quoted5f7a74cdc="bballp6699"]I'll let you stay at my house, but don't bring any of your skirts or bagpipes with you.[/quoted5f7a74cdc]

Thanks but no thanks then. Those skirts and Bagpipes are my life.[/quoted5f7a74cdc]

Don't you only pay for what you can? Thought he hospital is obligated to service you.

theysayjump

26-06-2006 12:29:06

I just found out that at the same ATM, a man and his son were also robbed just after I was. (

I spoke to one of the girls at Turkey Hill and she said that they caught the whole thing on camera.

What happened was that the guys in the car dropped her off some time before I arrived and then parked across the street. The girl then hid around the side of the shop and when I went to the ATM, the guys across the street in the car flashed their lights and then she came round and did what she did.

So they may have the license plate on camera but there was no camera in the ATM unfortunately. (

bballp6699

26-06-2006 12:39:48

[quoteb033afd7db="theysayjump"]lol

Thanks but I've already told the people ho've offered to help to keep their money.

Someone did send me the money through Paypal without asking me first and won't accept a refund unless I get the money from a relative, so I don't need the money at this moment.

Thanks guys.[/quoteb033afd7db]

I too, uh, was mugged. Damn these suburban Pennsylvania towns...

Send money please.

Tholek

26-06-2006 15:59:51

Here we go...

Pros-Pear-Eh-T

27-06-2006 14:01:52

That stinks. I'm glad to hear you're ok, TSJ. Even though you have said several times already to keep you money to others and that you're getting the funds from family. Let me know if you are still shy some money. I'll do what I can to help you out.

All The Best,
Pros

CoMpFrEaK

27-06-2006 15:57:01

At least you have to tell us if she was hot or not twisted

KnightTrader

27-06-2006 19:04:00

Shoulda owned her imho! When she turned away and said pretend it never happened. Should of thrown a CAN of DR PEPPER AT HER FACE, Being smacked in the face by a DR pepper can would hurt. Plus what can she do? Just run away, stoned people can't run very fast. It would of been funny seeing her plan twarted by a can of Dr pepper, coulda made the Stupid newswires with it to maybe >_>

But in reality, Yea its not worth it for 40$, but I could see myself IRL Cutting the corner and hurling a can of DR pepper at her, then running.

tylerc

27-06-2006 19:06:16

[quote96a6c20e6d="KnightTrader"]Shoulda owned her imho! When she turned away and said pretend it never happened. Should of thrown a CAN of DR PEPPER AT HER FACE, Being smacked in the face by a DR pepper can would hurt. Plus what can she do? Just run away, stoned people can't run very fast. It would of been funny seeing her plan twarted by a can of Dr pepper, coulda made the Stupid newswires with it to maybe >_>

But in reality, Yea its not worth it for 40$, but I could see myself IRL Cutting the corner and hurling a can of DR pepper at her, then running.[/quote96a6c20e6d]

Yeah...except not. If a lady pulled a knife out at you, you would have done whatever the fuck she told you to do.

theysayjump

27-06-2006 19:07:09

The Dr Pepper was in a big fountain cup so it would've just not gone far at all and spilled everywhere. shrug

Also, compfreak, she was a skank. She kinda smelled of...........................fish?

Tholek

27-06-2006 19:11:31

[quote1ac8b73a28="theysayjump"]The Dr Pepper was in a big fountain cup so it would've just not gone far at all and spilled everywhere. shrug[/quote1ac8b73a28]

You people had better just calm down and rethink this. $40 is one thing, a Dr Pepper is priceless...

CollidgeGraduit

27-06-2006 19:12:56

[quoted4ee288a15="CoMpFrEaK"][quoted4ee288a15="theysayjump"]She definitely wasn't a teen but seemed to be in College.

[quoted4ee288a15="bballp6699"]I'll let you stay at my house, but don't bring any of your skirts or bagpipes with you.[/quoted4ee288a15]

Thanks but no thanks then. Those skirts and Bagpipes are my life.[/quoted4ee288a15]

Don't you only pay for what you can? Thought he hospital is obligated to service you.[/quoted4ee288a15]

They are obligated to serve you, but you are obligated to pay the bill, whether it is with your insurance or bank account.

theysayjump

27-06-2006 19:13:50

[quote6a64c1a58c="Tholek"][quote6a64c1a58c="theysayjump"]The Dr Pepper was in a big fountain cup so it would've just not gone far at all and spilled everywhere. shrug[/quote6a64c1a58c]

You people had better just calm down and rethink this. $40 is one thing, a Dr Pepper is priceless...[/quote6a64c1a58c]

......actually, it cost me about $1.49 for 64oz. D

So it's close to priceless.

Tholek

27-06-2006 19:21:51

Well, I'm having a free 2 liter. (One of 5)

/me places thumb to nose and twiddles fingers.

I'd have still fought the bitch over it. Priorities, man.....[if053543653]priorities[/if053543653]... ;)

Daggoth

27-06-2006 19:23:09

[quotefc9d69c038="CollidgeGraduit"][quotefc9d69c038="CoMpFrEaK"][quotefc9d69c038="theysayjump"]She definitely wasn't a teen but seemed to be in College.

[quotefc9d69c038="bballp6699"]I'll let you stay at my house, but don't bring any of your skirts or bagpipes with you.[/quotefc9d69c038]

Thanks but no thanks then. Those skirts and Bagpipes are my life.[/quotefc9d69c038]

Don't you only pay for what you can? Thought he hospital is obligated to service you.[/quotefc9d69c038]

They are obligated to serve you, but you are obligated to pay the bill, whether it is with your insurance or bank account.[/quotefc9d69c038]

That is not true. I know for a fact, therer are many illegal immigrants who live in arizona. They go to the emergency room for the smallest thing, just because they know they can get it for free. They are not obligated to pay. I remember a unique story where a women with some skull damage would have had a bill of over $100 million, but since she didn't have that much money, she wasn't charged a penny. All the hospital bills fall onto the middle class, who have enough to take of themselves, but not enough money for medical bills so they got screwed. shrug

tylerc

27-06-2006 19:24:43

More like the self-employed/upper-class?

My dad is a partner at his CPA firm, so he is considered self-employed, and about 40% of his income goes to taxes.

theysayjump

27-06-2006 19:26:34

[quotea32a66a140="Pros-Pear-Eh-T"]That stinks. I'm glad to hear you're ok, TSJ. Even though you have said several times already to keep you money to others and that you're getting the funds from family. Let me know if you are still shy some money. I'll do what I can to help you out.

All The Best,
Pros[/quotea32a66a140]

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. D

[quotea32a66a140="Daggoth"][quotea32a66a140="CollidgeGraduit"]They are obligated to serve you, but you are obligated to pay the bill, whether it is with your insurance or bank account.[/quotea32a66a140]

That is not true. I know for a fact, therer are many illegal immigrants who live in arizona. They go to the emergency room for the smallest thing, just because they know they can get it for free. They are not obligated to pay. I remember a unique story where a women with some skull damage would have had a bill of over $100 million, but since she didn't have that much money, she wasn't charged a penny. All the hospital bills fall onto the middle class, who have enough to take of themselves, but not enough money for medical bills so they got screwed. shrug[/quotea32a66a140]

I knew I should've came here illegally. roll

Daggoth

27-06-2006 19:27:14

[quote4ffe21a943="tylerc"]More like the self-employed/upper-class?

My dad is a partner at his CPA firm, so he is considered self-employed, and about 40% of his income goes to taxes.[/quote4ffe21a943]

I meant middle class and above.

Daggoth

27-06-2006 19:29:09

[quote54e6c274a9="theysayjump"]

I knew I should've came here illegally. roll[/quote54e6c274a9]

More of the lower class, but most of them don't go to the emergency room as often. I am just passing information from what I heard from my dad.

CollidgeGraduit

27-06-2006 19:32:25

[quote4e5ebb3a7f="Daggoth"][quote4e5ebb3a7f="CollidgeGraduit"][quote4e5ebb3a7f="CoMpFrEaK"][quote4e5ebb3a7f="theysayjump"]She definitely wasn't a teen but seemed to be in College.

[quote4e5ebb3a7f="bballp6699"]I'll let you stay at my house, but don't bring any of your skirts or bagpipes with you.[/quote4e5ebb3a7f]

Thanks but no thanks then. Those skirts and Bagpipes are my life.[/quote4e5ebb3a7f]

Don't you only pay for what you can? Thought he hospital is obligated to service you.[/quote4e5ebb3a7f]

They are obligated to serve you, but you are obligated to pay the bill, whether it is with your insurance or bank account.[/quote4e5ebb3a7f]

That is not true. I know for a fact, therer are many illegal immigrants who live in arizona. They go to the emergency room for the smallest thing, just because they know they can get it for free. They are not obligated to pay. I remember a unique story where a women with some skull damage would have had a bill of over $100 million, but since she didn't have that much money, she wasn't charged a penny. All the hospital bills fall onto the middle class, who have enough to take of themselves, but not enough money for medical bills so they got screwed. shrug[/quote4e5ebb3a7f]

Illegal immigrants are the exception, not the rule. They aren't obligated to pay, because they have no identifying information such as SSN, Driverse Lic#, etc, to be tracked down by.

Additionally, that story of a $100 million debt being forgiven is an exception also. Your normal ER visits are broken bones, severe cuts, heart attacks, etc. If you don't have insurance, you get a bill in the mail - complete with ambulance costs and all.

Otherwise, for a US citizen, you [b4e5ebb3a7f]do[/b4e5ebb3a7f] pay, whether it's your money, Blue Cross / Blue Shield's money, or Uncle Sam's money (medicaid).

Daggoth

27-06-2006 19:33:59

I am almost positive the lower class gets free medicare, but don't quote me on it.

theysayjump

27-06-2006 19:49:28

[quote0576a35ce4="Daggoth"]I am almost positive the lower class gets free medicare, but don't quote me on it.[/quote0576a35ce4]

Too late, and no they don't.

Tholek

27-06-2006 21:02:48

[quote508d859b17="theysayjump"]I knew I should've came here illegally. roll[/quote508d859b17]

I used to toy with the idea of catching a flight to the UK, and trying to stay illegally. )

I'm curious, they assumably have their version of the INS, but are they as inept as ours? Do their laws recognize marriage as justification for residency?

Do you have a sister? ;)

theysayjump

27-06-2006 21:15:50

No sister but I do have a brother. I know you like it like dat. wink

As for marriage being recognised as justification for residency, I'm not sure but I believe so. I hear from my family and people online whom i tell about my nightmare of a residency process and none of them can understand why being married to an American doesn't let me stay here automatically.

You can visit this country for a maximum of 90 days but you can visit the UK for a maximum of 180, so that would be plenty of time for you to get over there, find a nice young lady and get married.

I'll tell my dad you're on the way. wink

JordanE

27-06-2006 21:30:24

When you have a baby bolth the mother and father (if applicable) automatically gain residency. When having a baby for the soul perpouse of gainning residency there typically refferd to as "Jackpot Babies"

Its a pretty smart way to go about it. Everyone pairs off before they cross the boarder they decided whos ganna fuck who. Than almost overnight (can't get deported once your pregnant) become U.S citizens. The olny down side is the un-avoidible STD's wink

TSJ you should have knocked her up right away!

Tholek

27-06-2006 21:42:11

[quote112190bd95="theysayjump"]No sister but I do have a brother. I know you like it like dat. wink

As for marriage being recognised as justification for residency, I'm not sure but I believe so. I hear from my family and people online whom i tell about my nightmare of a residency process and none of them can understand why being married to an American doesn't let me stay here automatically.

You can visit this country for a maximum of 90 days but you can visit the UK for a maximum of 180, so that would be plenty of time for you to get over there, find a nice young [b112190bd95]lady[/b112190bd95] and get married.

I'll tell my dad you're on the way. wink[/quote112190bd95]

Yes, tell him to find me a lady. Your brother sounds a bit rough. 8)