Heh, scorpions are funneh!

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=41778

dmorris68

22-06-2006 21:02:46

I was just now sitting here at the PC, doing my daily FiPG duty, when I heard my 16yo daughter come downstairs, go into the kitchen where the lights are off, then squeal really loud. )

I asked what happened, and she yelled "I stepped on a freakin' scorpion!" Guess it was only a matter of time, we've lived here for 8 years now with scorpions infesting the woods around our house (we often find them indoors) and have avoided being stung up until this point. It was a small one, fortunately, so it wasn't too painful -- she said it was like stepping on a staple or something. These little tree scorpions here in N. Georgia aren't very venomous unless you're allergic, they're just annoying more than anything. And slightly freakish if you're scared of such things.

Now maybe she'll learn to stop walking around the house at night while barefoot, which I've been warning her about for years. lol

tylerc

22-06-2006 21:04:49

Our house is surrounded by woods, but I haven't seen any scorpions. Deerflies, and ants, but no scorpions.

dmorris68

22-06-2006 21:08:39

[quote6e4582e7ec="tylerc"]Our house is surrounded by woods, but I haven't seen any scorpions. Deerflies, and ants, but no scorpions.[/quote6e4582e7ec]
They're found almost everywhere, but like anything else are concentrated more heavily in some areas. They're pretty damn thick around here. Funny thing is I've spent a lot of time in desert regions, both here in the Southwest US as well as in the Middle East, and I see FAR more scorpions here than I did in all those places combined, albeit not as big and dangerous. )

J4320

22-06-2006 21:09:46

I haven't seen any nasty critters since I moved here. All I hear are frogs outside and I wouldn't really mind if one got indoors.

theman2005

22-06-2006 21:12:47

[quotea91eb2e907="J4320"]I haven't seen any nasty critters since I moved here. All I hear are frogs outside and I wouldn't really mind if one got indoors.[/quotea91eb2e907]

i have millipedes and centipedes around the house....... though.. not as creepy as scorpions..... ?

theysayjump

22-06-2006 21:26:04

Fuck that shit.

Cock-a-roaches are bad enough for me. I hate taking the rubbish out at night because we live in the city and it's infested with cockroaches.

To see about 13 of them all running arounf on your wall outside trying to get it on is one of the worst things I've actually witnessed. Yes I have a phobia of cockroaches. (

dmorris68

22-06-2006 21:36:26

[quote2628cf71ab="theysayjump"]Fuck that shit.

Cock-a-roaches are bad enough for me. I hate taking the rubbish out at night because we live in the city and it's infested with cockroaches.

To see about 13 of them all running arounf on your wall outside trying to get it on is one of the worst things I've actually witnessed. Yes I have a phobia of cockroaches. ([/quote2628cf71ab]
I can't say I have a phobia of roaches, but I'm disgusted by them for some reason. Most bugs don't phase me, but roaches...

Funny story from my high-school days. When I was a senior I worked at a grocery store in my hometown. I'm a big athletic type (or was then), and this other guy I worked with was a linebacker on the football team. We had just unloaded a truck and climbed on top of a palette of sugar, stacked about 5 feet high, to break it down. As we pulled the top layer of sugar bales off the palette, a liswarmli of roaches spewed up out of the center of the palette and ran all over us. The store manager was observing this, and I honestly thought he was going to have a coronary from laughing so hard. Needless to say you've never seen funny until you've seen two big strapping guys launch themselves off the top of a 5 foot palette, jumping around and squealing like little girls. lol

mnx12

22-06-2006 21:40:32

Ewww to the woods

Gooogler

22-06-2006 21:42:17

[quoteb924e2115b="tylerc"]Our house is surrounded by woods, but I haven't seen any scorpions. Deerflies, and ants, but no scorpions.[/quoteb924e2115b]

It's becuase your not in Georgia.

JordanE

22-06-2006 21:51:46

We tend to get snakes and scorpions here pretty often. I live about 3 miles away from a pretty big qroup of mountains. We get a pretty weird assortment or animals. Mountain lions and large lizards are pretty common.

jy3

22-06-2006 21:52:04

arent the smallest scorpions the most venomous?

theysayjump

22-06-2006 21:55:11

[quote9916510b72="dmorris68"][quote9916510b72="theysayjump"]Fuck that shit.

To see about 13 of them all running arounf on your wall outside trying to get it on is one of the worst things I've actually witnessed. Yes I have a phobia of cockroaches. ([/quote9916510b72]
I can't say I have a phobia of roaches, but I'm disgusted by them for some reason. Most bugs don't phase me, but roaches...

Funny story from my high-school days. When I was a senior I worked at a grocery store in my hometown. I'm a big athletic type (or was then), and this other guy I worked with was a linebacker on the football team. We had just unloaded a truck and climbed on top of a palette of sugar, stacked about 5 feet high, to break it down. As we pulled the top layer of sugar bales off the palette, a liswarmli of roaches spewed up out of the center of the palette and ran all over us. The store manager was observing this, and I honestly thought he was going to have a coronary from laughing so hard. Needless to say you've never seen funny until you've seen two big strapping guys launch themselves off the top of a 5 foot palette, jumping around and squealing like little girls. lol[/quote9916510b72]

lol I would've cried and screamed.

dmorris68

22-06-2006 21:57:08

[quote9a1b7f667c="jy3"]arent the smallest scorpions the most venomous?[/quote9a1b7f667c]
No, not typically. The most venomous as I recall from my studies is the Yellowtail from Africa I believe, which is a medium-sized one. The very large Asian and US desert scorpions pack a pretty good wallop too, but that's more from their oversized venom sacks and stinger and the large amount of venom they can pump out, not so much due to a high toxicity.

The small tree scorpions around here, at least, are no worse than a mild bee sting. This one was about 2 inches long from tip of stinger to tip of claw, if you stretched it out flat.

ajasax

22-06-2006 22:10:18

We get lots of cockroaches, spiders, and crickets around here. I'm in the desert, but at a high elevation (over 1mi.). I've never seen a scorpion, but a centipede has crawled across my dad's feet before (now he has a centipede phobia). And the other day we saw a red-tailed lizard in our garage, but I'm not sure what kind of lizard it was.

jy3

22-06-2006 22:35:31

our house was recently invaded by ants. my kitten loves to eat them. just put out traps. i hate ants. they are mad at us b/c i invaded a colony when i planted a rose bush last week ;)

fgr_admin

22-06-2006 23:05:52

lol, we have a ton of the lil boogers where I live (desert in cali).

Dont see many in neighborhoods but near the mountains (which is where all the cool places are) they have a ton.

We have them and skunks, and roadrunners.

Been here 2 years and
run over one roadrunner
skunked once
and been hit by scorpion once

the skunk was worst, lol

Tholek

22-06-2006 23:19:24

I think you all know my feelings on these matters.....light a match and walk away. )

Especially, if there's bugs, [i9d6aee7d5a]and[/i9d6aee7d5a] mushrooms..... shock

tylerc

23-06-2006 06:58:34

dmorris-picsofyour16yearoldplz

dmorris68

23-06-2006 07:15:15

[quote1363769e26="tylerc"]dmorris-picsofyour16yearoldplz[/quote1363769e26]
Right.

Once again, you bunch o' internet pervs -- ain't gonna happen. P

johnjimjones

23-06-2006 08:05:13

Shit, I just realized this weekend Im going to be within miles of tylerc shock shock

That sucks that you have scorpions, where I live all you have to worry about are running into all of the deer.

UsfGeek

23-06-2006 08:43:44

[quote77df742440="dmorris68"]I was just now sitting here at the PC, doing my daily FiPG duty, when I heard my 16yo daughter come downstairs, go into the kitchen where the lights are off, then squeal really loud. )

I asked what happened, and she yelled "I stepped on a freakin' scorpion!" Guess it was only a matter of time, we've lived here for 8 years now with scorpions infesting the woods around our house (we often find them indoors) and have avoided being stung up until this point. It was a small one, fortunately, so it wasn't too painful -- she said it was like stepping on a staple or something. These little tree scorpions here in N. Georgia aren't very venomous unless you're allergic, they're just annoying more than anything. And slightly freakish if you're scared of such things.

Now maybe she'll learn to stop walking around the house at night while barefoot, which I've been warning her about for years. lol[/quote77df742440]

Scorpions scare me too, I live in N. Georgia also, and I am always afraid I'll wake up with one in my bed.

UberVash

23-06-2006 10:26:52

Not really many insects here. The occasional moth that you wake up and it's on your nose, crickets, and beetles.

Guess it's not really for the suburbs. shrug

J4320

23-06-2006 10:33:12

[quotef6b914bb8d="jy3"]arent the smallest scorpions the most venomous?[/quotef6b914bb8d]

You're thinking of snakes. ;)

DRay9911

13-04-2008 03:22:38

i'll go ahead and bump an almost 2-year old thread

went to feed the cat, stepped on something in the bedroom, finished feeding the cat, went to check what i stepped on, didn't like what it looked like in the low-light, went and grabbed tongs, picked it up, tossed it in sink, will be packing up and moving.

http/" alt=""/img204.imageshack.us/img="204/2980/happysundayxo2.jpg[" alt=""/img306aff994e]

it was 2.5 inches long, then i chopped the damn thing into a half dozen little pieces.

d - is your daughter 18 now? if so, i call dibs.

-dan

dmorris68

13-04-2008 07:47:31

[quote6da6595c51="DRay9911"]i'll go ahead and bump an almost 2-year old thread[/quote6da6595c51]
You have mad thread necromancy skillz.

[quote6da6595c51="DRay9911"]it was 2.5 inches long, then i chopped the damn thing into a half dozen little pieces.[/quote6da6595c51]
Nice specimen!

[quote6da6595c51="DRay9911"]d - is your daughter 18 now? if so, i call dibs.[/quote6da6595c51]
18 in June. Almost here. And I carry a loaded weapon, just FYI. ;)

I have a sneaking suspicion you wouldn't be able to put up with her, anyway. P

TFOAF

13-04-2008 09:06:30

[quotebdbd5cab46="dmorris68"][quotebdbd5cab46="DRay9911"]d - is your daughter 18 now? if so, i call dibs.[/quotebdbd5cab46]
18 in June. Almost here. And I carry a loaded weapon, just FYI. ;)

I have a sneaking suspicion you wouldn't be able to put up with her, anyway. P[/quotebdbd5cab46]
Hi, I'm Craig. )

TryinToGetPaid

13-04-2008 09:19:59

Do you really pack the heat DMo'?

I am thinking of going to get my concealed hand gun license, not that I would ever shoot someone in public, but if I was getting robbed, I would pull it out and hopefully that would be the end of it...

TravMan162

13-04-2008 09:56:37

[quote79d27a15aa="TFOAF"]Hi, I'm Craig. )[/quote79d27a15aa]

Oh man, DMo' and Foafy are going to be related.

And all he wanted to do was tell a funny story about a scorpion.

Veek

13-04-2008 10:06:03

Ugh, I'll stick to living in the city.

J4320

13-04-2008 10:32:09

I'll occasionally find some big millipedes and hobo spiders in my house but that's about it. Still, hobo spiders have pretty painful bites I hear.

dmorris68

13-04-2008 11:29:35

[quote3b5a7f6d65="TryinToGetPaid"]Do you really pack the heat DMo'?

I am thinking of going to get my concealed hand gun license, not that I would ever shoot someone in public, but if I was getting robbed, I would pull it out and hopefully that would be the end of it...[/quote3b5a7f6d65]
Yes I do, on occasion. I've been licensed to carry for the past 10 years or so.

I mentioned it here only in jest, but it's a very serious matter. Please seek training in both tactics and law before doing so, assuming your state doesn't require that already. Carrying is a huge responsibility, and one that should not be taken lightly. You should never carry if you are not intent on using it without hesitation, otherwise you put yourself and others at even greater risk. You should never count on brandishing a handgun to scare someone off. And if it wasn't judged to be a lethal force situation to begin with, you could not only lose your license permanently, but also be jailed and charged with brandishing. Especially in less gun-friendly jurisdictions. Except for the very few locations that allow open (visible) carry, a license to carry concealed means just that -- it must be concealed at all times. Wearing an ill-fitting shirt or letting it flash in your waistband, for example, is enough to be charged with brandishing and disturbing the peace in many places.

CollidgeGraduit

13-04-2008 11:49:21

[quote19aa4d4b53="TryinToGetPaid"]Do you really pack the heat DMo'?

I am thinking of going to get my concealed hand gun license, not that I would ever shoot someone in public, but if I was getting robbed, I would pull it out and hopefully that would be the end of it...[/quote19aa4d4b53]

I carry concealed as well. The only time I usually don't have my pistol on me is if I'm going somewhere that I can't take the weapon (sports events, work, etc). The only way I would shoot someone in public is if my life, or the one of someone I love, was definitely in danger. One thing to keep in mind though, is if you're going to draw your weapon, you better be prepared to fire. Drawing your gun might make the guy think twice about robbing, but it also might make him actually hurt/kill you, when he would have previously been happy to take your wallet and run.

But now I'm starting to echo what dmo said, so I'll leave it at that. If you have any questions though, feel free to ask.

TryinToGetPaid

13-04-2008 11:49:57

Agreed, my dad also has his license to carry and wouldn't let me do anything illegal. My reason being is the town I live in is less than friendly, and crime is still on the rise. And now having my son to care and look after I would hate for someone to rob us or our home and me being ill-equipped.

CollidgeGraduit

13-04-2008 11:51:58

[quotea981ad1c9f="TryinToGetPaid"]Agreed, my dad also has his license to carry and wouldn't let me do anything illegal. My reason being is the town I live in is less than friendly, and crime is still on the rise. And now having my son to care and look after I would hate for someone to rob us or our home and me being ill-equipped.[/quotea981ad1c9f]

For the home, I would recommend a shotgun, as well as a pistol (if you're looking to carry). Just make sure the lady is comfortable with how it works, and how to use it in case she needs to take care of business.

sandra habina

13-04-2008 11:59:34

Wow I think I would run for cover if I ever saw a scorpion. And I would be moving if it were cock roaches. ewwww

We have flies, bees, wasps and LOTS of unusual spiders - and that is ok as long as they stay outside. I have had a couple of those big wolly "wolf" spiders (not sure their proper name) that look so gross and move very quickly in my sink. HOT WATER WORKS. LOL

TryinToGetPaid

13-04-2008 12:04:50

Well I would want something in reach for myself in bed, out of reach of my son -- so a pistol somewhere would probably be for the best.

TravMan162

13-04-2008 12:10:24

[quoteb53ea6d4af="TryinToGetPaid"]Well I would want something in reach for myself in bed, out of reach of my son -- so a pistol somewhere would probably be for the best.[/quoteb53ea6d4af]

It's sad we have to think like this now, but I mean, no one's safe. What was that guy's name..... Sean Taylor, the football player? I mean, it's a sad state of affairs when you can't be safe in your own bed anymore.

How old is your son TTGP? Did you just have him? If so congrats )

CollidgeGraduit

13-04-2008 12:24:05

[quote8596588376="TryinToGetPaid"]Well I would want something in reach for myself in bed, out of reach of my son -- so a pistol somewhere would probably be for the best.[/quote8596588376]

I agree. I keep mine on the nightstand at night (no kids yet), but once I do, i'll get a nice biometric safe for it. When I'm home and awake, the gun is on me all the time.

TravMan162

13-04-2008 12:30:17

[quote6e996ae82a="CollidgeGraduit"][quote6e996ae82a="TryinToGetPaid"]Well I would want something in reach for myself in bed, out of reach of my son -- so a pistol somewhere would probably be for the best.[/quote6e996ae82a]

I agree. I keep mine on the nightstand at night (no kids yet), but once I do, i'll get a nice biometric safe for it. When I'm home and awake, the gun is on me all the time.[/quote6e996ae82a]

Are you going to be able to get into the safe fast enough if someone makes it into your room and you wake up with him in there?
It's tough when you have kids I guess, but if the only time it's not on you is when you're in bed, wouldn't it be okay to keep it under the mattress on your side when you're asleep?

I don't think your kid would get in there when you're sleeping.

I'm just thinking practicality here, if you have the gun for protection, it's not going to save you in the middle of the night if you have to fiddle with a safe to get to it.

CollidgeGraduit

13-04-2008 12:44:00

[quote4c58ad555b="TravMan162"][quote4c58ad555b="CollidgeGraduit"][quote4c58ad555b="TryinToGetPaid"]Well I would want something in reach for myself in bed, out of reach of my son -- so a pistol somewhere would probably be for the best.[/quote4c58ad555b]

I agree. I keep mine on the nightstand at night (no kids yet), but once I do, i'll get a nice biometric safe for it. When I'm home and awake, the gun is on me all the time.[/quote4c58ad555b]

Are you going to be able to get into the safe fast enough if someone makes it into your room and you wake up with him in there?
It's tough when you have kids I guess, but if the only time it's not on you is when you're in bed, wouldn't it be okay to keep it under the mattress on your side when you're asleep?

I don't think your kid would get in there when you're sleeping.

I'm just thinking practicality here, if you have the gun for protection, it's not going to save you in the middle of the night if you have to fiddle with a safe to get to it.[/quote4c58ad555b]

It is when my dog wakes me up well before the bad guy is in a position to take care of me. Once we get in a house in the next couple years, we plan on getting a large dog to serve that purpose. Besides, with a good biometric safe, you can get into it in less than 5 seconds. Even the kind that you open with a combination of button presses can be opened very quickly with practice. The kid liprobablyli couldn't get to it while I was sleeping, but that's not a chance I'd be willing to take.

sandra habina

13-04-2008 13:20:38

Never under estimate kids - oh they can find things that you think are hidden safely. Listen to the news. OMG - never have guns around that are not secured somewhere. CG - you are so right to feel that you would not take that risk. I agree.

CollidgeGraduit

13-04-2008 13:26:46

I'd much rather spend a couple hundred bucks on a nice thumbprint scanner safe than leave it unsecured with kids around

TryinToGetPaid

13-04-2008 15:12:16

My kid is only 1.

CollidgeGraduit

13-04-2008 16:58:32

But he'll be 3 before you know it. Keeping it on the nightstand now is fine, but you'll want to get it locked up before he's able to find it.

TryinToGetPaid

13-04-2008 17:02:59

I don't have one yet, I plan on buying one, going to the shooting range with my father to get my aim down to a T, and then buying some sort of safe for it, and then getting my concealed license.

CollidgeGraduit

13-04-2008 17:29:53

Cool, sounds like a plan. Let me know what you end up buying, I'm always interested to hear what other people shoot and what they like about it.

TryinToGetPaid

13-04-2008 18:04:45

What do you shoot with?

CollidgeGraduit

13-04-2008 18:25:03

I've got a Kahr P9. Very thin and lightweight, easy to conceal. I may get something in a larger caliber eventually, but I like the Kahr for now.

zdub08

13-04-2008 18:33:06

enough gun talk in the scorpion thread

TravMan162

13-04-2008 18:33:49

why. maybe they want to shoot intruding scorpions

CollidgeGraduit

13-04-2008 18:37:48

exactly

TryinToGetPaid

13-04-2008 18:56:09

I might have to check that out, I want something small I can easily hide in my holster without looking like a thug ass G, but for the home I want something that can blow your arm off if you come robbin' me.

TravMan162

13-04-2008 18:57:45

May I suggest a grenade

J4320

13-04-2008 19:17:47

http//world.guns.ru/smg/sa61-83.jpg[" alt=""/imgbe1955301a]

There. I merged our gun talk with our scorpion talk.

TravMan162

13-04-2008 19:29:04

J4 is the master of the google image search

CollidgeGraduit

13-04-2008 19:54:44

[quote338b77031e="TryinToGetPaid"]I might have to check that out, I want something small I can easily hide in my holster without looking like a thug ass G, but for the home I want something that can blow your arm off if you come robbin' me.[/quote338b77031e]

I have a holster that goes inside the waistband of my jeans, which is what I usually wear (with an untucked shirt). I also have a deeper concealment holster, but I don't like it because it's harder to draw from.

TravMan162

13-04-2008 19:59:10

[quoted781c7b013="CollidgeGraduit"][quoted781c7b013="TryinToGetPaid"]I might have to check that out, I want something small I can easily hide in my holster without looking like a thug ass G, but for the home I want something that can blow your arm off if you come robbin' me.[/quoted781c7b013]

I have a holster that goes inside the waistband of my jeans, which is what I usually wear (with an untucked shirt). I also have a deeper concealment holster, but I don't like it because it's harder to draw from.[/quoted781c7b013]

you been in a position where you've had to use it, or were close to using it yet?

TryinToGetPaid

13-04-2008 20:06:08

That is the holster I want to have, something easy to draw from. I doubt he has pulled it out, he seems like he is a level headed human that would only use it when he thought his life was in danger...

TravMan162

13-04-2008 20:09:23

I agree, I was just wondering if he'd ever been put in that situation where he felt his life or someone else's WAS in danger.

I wouldn't peg CG as a pistol waving maniac.

Except when people start bickering in the forums )

theysayjump

13-04-2008 20:20:10

http//www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3739823.ece

dmorris68

13-04-2008 20:46:37

[quote63e0515298="theysayjump"]http//www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3739823.ece[/quote63e0515298]
Bah, millipedes are harmless. It's the [b63e0515298]centipedes[/b63e0515298] you have to watch out for. Speaking of which, since I started this topic on scorpions, I'll remind you all of a later topic I posted after my early morning centipede attack. ;)

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68735

puppeteer

13-04-2008 20:59:52

[quotedfa2a0c5da="dmorris68"][quotedfa2a0c5da="theysayjump"]http//www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3739823.ece[/quotedfa2a0c5da]
Bah, millipedes are harmless. It's the [bdfa2a0c5da]centipedes[/bdfa2a0c5da] you have to watch out for. Speaking of which, since I started this topic on scorpions, I'll remind you all of a later topic I posted after my early morning centipede attack. ;)

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68735[/quotedfa2a0c5da]

scorpions and centipedes? where do you live?

CollidgeGraduit

14-04-2008 02:26:37

[quoteb47b4b9a87="puppeteer"][quoteb47b4b9a87="dmorris68"][quoteb47b4b9a87="theysayjump"]http//www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article3739823.ece[/quoteb47b4b9a87]
Bah, millipedes are harmless. It's the [bb47b4b9a87]centipedes[/bb47b4b9a87] you have to watch out for. Speaking of which, since I started this topic on scorpions, I'll remind you all of a later topic I posted after my early morning centipede attack. ;)

http//forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=68735[/quoteb47b4b9a87]

scorpions and centipedes? where do you live?[/quoteb47b4b9a87]

Read the thread...

CollidgeGraduit

14-04-2008 04:05:10

[quotee6ac13fa78="TravMan162"][quotee6ac13fa78="CollidgeGraduit"][quotee6ac13fa78="TryinToGetPaid"]I might have to check that out, I want something small I can easily hide in my holster without looking like a thug ass G, but for the home I want something that can blow your arm off if you come robbin' me.[/quotee6ac13fa78]

I have a holster that goes inside the waistband of my jeans, which is what I usually wear (with an untucked shirt). I also have a deeper concealment holster, but I don't like it because it's harder to draw from.[/quotee6ac13fa78]

you been in a position where you've had to use it, or were close to using it yet?[/quotee6ac13fa78]

I've had one situation where I felt an extremely heightened level of alertness, and was keeping a very close eye on the situation. I was walking the dog in our apartment complex (about 50 buildings, goes about .75 miles back from the road). A rusty blue Escort full of people kept circling through the complex, and driving by us slowly. I was ready to draw if needed, but it never got further than me freeing up my right hand. After the 3rd or 4th pass, they left.

Maybe it was nothing, but I definitely got a bad vibe from it.

cwncool

14-04-2008 15:59:25

I've got my license to carry a concealed laser cat.

Quadracer89

14-04-2008 19:02:31

We have these fuckers called cave crickets around here. Their like huge spiders, only they jump around. FREAKY AS HELL! Ill be honest, i'm terrified of them. Although their not venomous, any kind of bug that jumps at you will freak you the fuck out. They used to be all over my house until we got our house exterminated. Havn't seen another one indoors in two summers, and i'd like to keep it that way.

TravMan162

14-04-2008 19:07:27

i hate bugs. D-Mo, you gave me some really good advice awhile back on moving to the south, but this thread kind of scared me off haha, i'm not going to lie.

I'm in springfield MA right now, right by the city. I have never seen a bug in my house since I bought the damn thing. I can't imagine waking up with a centipede in my bed and stepping on a scorpion in the kitchen.

That shit is no joke hahaha.

dmorris68

14-04-2008 19:19:17

Umm, bugs aren't exclusive to the south, ya know. P

bruman

14-04-2008 19:28:32

Our house is being invaded by ladybugs. They are everywhere. There is one crawling on my keyboard as I type this. He's on the space bar going up and down whenever I hit space.

TFOAF

14-04-2008 19:46:58

[quote68ed3c5601="bruman"]Our house is being invaded by ladybugs. They are everywhere. There is one crawling on my keyboard as I type this. He's on the space bar going up and down whenever I hit space.[/quote68ed3c5601]
I like ladybugs.

J4320

14-04-2008 19:54:05

Do you secks them? They like that.

goof

14-04-2008 21:28:00

If I ever had scorpions, centipedes, or huge spiders.... i would trip out. Thankfully i've never seen any of the above in a house in Michigan, couldn't imagine seeing those things in my house.

puppeteer

14-04-2008 21:53:20

[quotee0be30cd8b="TFOAF"][quotee0be30cd8b="bruman"]Our house is being invaded by ladybugs. They are everywhere. There is one crawling on my keyboard as I type this. He's on the space bar going up and down whenever I hit space.[/quotee0be30cd8b]
I like ladybugs.[/quotee0be30cd8b]

Touch it and smell your finger...

Quadracer89

15-04-2008 10:34:39

Haha, ladybugs are cool. My ex girlfriend used to be TERRIFIED of them though. She had a phobia of them, even just seeing a picture of a ladybug used to freak her out.

TravMan162

15-04-2008 13:21:15

[quotea8e33faad1="Quadracer89"]Haha, ladybugs are cool. My ex girlfriend used to be TERRIFIED of them though. She had a phobia of them, even just seeing a picture of a ladybug used to freak her out.[/quotea8e33faad1]

my ex girlfriend was scared of the word armpit.

Quadracer89

16-04-2008 10:28:47

[quote889e74437e="TravMan162"][quote889e74437e="Quadracer89"]Haha, ladybugs are cool. My ex girlfriend used to be TERRIFIED of them though. She had a phobia of them, even just seeing a picture of a ladybug used to freak her out.[/quote889e74437e]

my ex girlfriend was scared of the word armpit.[/quote889e74437e]

Lmao.. I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not because their really is some weird ass phobia's out there. I was watching Maury (the day-time talk show) and saw a huge intimidating looking dude bust out in fear tears over PEACHES! Yes, peaches! He was crying and screaming like a 10yr old girl because maury brought out peaches. shock

TravMan162

16-04-2008 13:25:11

ha, yeah i was being serious. it was so weird haha, so naturally i kept saying it and hilarity ensued. well for me.

haha, wait, maury had a show that was NOT a paternity test?

J4320

16-04-2008 13:29:26

[quote8e67425151="Quadracer89"][quote8e67425151="TravMan162"][quote8e67425151="Quadracer89"]Haha, ladybugs are cool. My ex girlfriend used to be TERRIFIED of them though. She had a phobia of them, even just seeing a picture of a ladybug used to freak her out.[/quote8e67425151]

my ex girlfriend was scared of the word armpit.[/quote8e67425151]

Lmao.. I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not because their really is some weird ass phobia's out there. I was watching Maury (the day-time talk show) and saw a huge intimidating looking dude bust out in fear tears over PEACHES! Yes, peaches! He was crying and screaming like a 10yr old girl because maury brought out peaches. shock[/quote8e67425151]

http//youtube.com/watch?v=3l2TjQSYCxE

TravMan162

18-04-2008 07:09:59

someone should make that guy a delicious apple pie.

when he bites into he'll realize it's actually a peach pie.

now that would be funny.