This guy fell for the wiring money scam....

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=41733

hairyferry

22-06-2006 06:08:11

http//forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2672304

As stated.
Im pretty sure I have been scammed. Story and details
Name BILL LEAKE or GEORGE SANOUSSI

I have a 91gti tranny for sell. I was looking for 200 + shipping. I recieve a email from GEORGE SANOUSSI@mygadgetman@yahoo.com

1st email---

Bill Leake by name,I came across your 91 gti 8v tranny which i am interested in,i am ready to purchase it immediately.i want to know the present condition as well as it's price.
Awaiting your favourable reply.
Regards..
Bill.

2nd----Hello,
Thanks for the reply,i really appreciate it,I will like to see the pics
if possible.i am ok with the price,I am not presently in town now ,as i
am on a business trip in southwales,uk.I will await your prompt reply.
Regards.
Bill

3rd-----Hello Jonathan,
Thanks for your recent mail.I am ready to purchase it immediately. it will be shipped to my home
9325 rhea ct
White Settlement, TX 76108
I want you to provide me with your full name, contact address and phone number where the check will be sent to,so that i will contact my client immediately that owes me $800 and i will instruct him to pay you on my behalf ok,as soon as you provide me with your contact address, payments will be made out to you immediately.Hope to see your urgent reply soonest.
My best regards to your family

Bill..............

So after a few days a money order comes in the mail. I go and cash at my bank.

---Dear Jonathan,
Thanks for your prompt reply,I really appreciate it,i want you to deduct the funds for the transmission and then wire the remaining balance to my agent .thisurl==http://=http:///url is my agent's information where the remaining funds would be sent to through western union money transfer.I want the transfer done today.

Name.............Adewale Oluwayinka
Address......... 200 gagarina street,kharkov,Ukraine

As soon as you have wire my balance to him,i want you to make sure you have the wire transfer details sent to me immediately via email so i can forward it to him for collection.

9325 Rhea Ct.
Whtite Settlement, TX 76108
Regards.
Once again thank you very much for your moral trust and understanding.

Bill..............

Everything seems legit. I deduct my cost. along with shipping and western union costs. and wire $450 cash and ship out the crate FEDEX.

Come home from work today, check my bank account find out the Money Order was invalid and my acct is overdrawn!!!! So my checking acct. covers the "cashing of the money order" its in the fine lines of when you open a acct. that whatever you cash you acct is the back up... Bank charges me fees and tells me nothing they can do!!!! But get in contact w/ purchaser. Call WESTERN UNION- the wired money was cashed and picked up @ 552 AM. All they can do is block the name for future wires...no refund or nothing. They say call the FBI and police.

ONLY GOOD thing. I was able to get the package put on hold so it will not be delivered and should be returned. UNFukN BELIEVABLE!!!!!

So I do some searching, and find out fake money orders and Ukraine scammers are a commodity right now.

I CAN NOT BELIEVE I, broke my rules. I was like why does he want me to wire money back to someone who owes him....BUT I let it slide...I GUESS I DESERVE THIS

dmorris68

22-06-2006 06:28:07

OMG how stupid. That had scam written all over it. I am continually astonished at the sheer number of naive, gullible people out there. roll

EDolive

22-06-2006 06:30:28

man that stinks...

that happened to me once.... i lost 350 bucks from cgoo.com (i think... its been a while)

but you learn that people are as kind hearted as you think.... you wish that people were good people but there's always someone looking to pray on the assumption that they are nice

chin up

)

hairyferry

22-06-2006 07:16:50

specially when shipping out a transmission, there's no way I'd go through that hassle.

ghondi

22-06-2006 13:27:47

I wish one of those fuckers would contact me to sel them something.

I'd enjoy doing something like the owner of ScamBaiters.com did.....have them send for a pick-up, of what they want...but actually give them a fucked up washer...I'd love to do that.

shortys408

22-06-2006 13:50:26

I liked what that guy did with the p-p-p-powerbook.
whenever you are selling something, stay away from western union.