Canadian Small Claims Court

Live forum: http://forum.freeipodguide.com/viewtopic.php?t=41732

darkscout

22-06-2006 02:21:59

So there's a guy in Canada that owes me around $2k USD. I was wondering if anyone had any international experience getting money back.

Back Story In August of last year someone was liquidating G5s from a demo show. I bought them, not knowing that he didn't have the G5s in hand. I kept getting the "Oh they're coming, oh it'll be here soon." His story is that the guy that was supposed to liquidate them to him, to sell on ebay, didn't come through. So now this guy is out G5s and has all these people that just bought them.

I know his real name. His real contact information. I e-mail him about once a month asking him WTF and he keeps giving me the run around. "Oh I'm worse off than you, PayPal took my money AND I don't have G5s" blah blah.

Finally I did some research. Everything lines up, so I'm fairly certain I know who this guy is.

His e-mail domain is prospectusmarketing.com. Last name is Gaudette... guess who owns that domain... a Mr Gaudette. I compile all this information into a semi demanding e-mail. "Listen. I'm very sorry about your sob story. But either deliver a G5 or $2k. Here is all your information that I have..."

His response was pretty pissy. "Don't you take that tone with me. Mr. Darkscout (using my real name). I have all of your contact information to." Blah blah. Well sorry dude. But you have $2000 of MY money.

It's been nearly a year and I'm tired of waiting. I'd like to initiate a small claims court (Which I know canada has). There's only 2 problems. The smallest It's canada. The largest It's Quebec.

Anyone ever done this?

Oh. And along with my other comments in the PayPal thread
[quoteed564ca953]We have completed our investigation of this case. We attempted to process a refund from the seller's account to your account. Unfortunately, the seller's account does not contain the funds necessary to cover this refund. We were able to recover $175.00 USD. We have taken action against the seller and are working to recover the remainder of your refund. We will contact you when we have more information. No further action is required of you at this time.[/quoteed564ca953]

Oo. Thanks a liucking bunch.

Seriously. Who says crime doesn't pay. Other than my little FusionCash ring I tried. I've played it decently clean. No stealing from women or small children. No CC or identity theft.

[spoilered564ca953]Fuck you Pay Pal[/spoilered564ca953]